Stone Street Tavern
52 Stone Street
New York, NY 10004Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone Street Tavern
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonestreettavernnyc.com/
- Phone: 2127855658
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am, Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday -Sunday: 11:00am - 3:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Chad Tibbits
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We cater both on-site and offsite-through our extensive American Pub Fare Menu.
- Special Events: We can accommodate up to 150 people for private parties.
A word from Stone Street Tavern
Located on a quaint cobblestone block...later on the bar evolves into a serene spot to grab a pint or lofty pub eats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Street Tavern reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (8)great for lunch (7)neighborhood gem (7)good for groups (6)hot spot (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for brunch (3)fit for foodies (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)romantic (1)Show More
- fun brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/14/2014We were staying in Financial District and went to an early brunch before Statue of Liberty. Would have been fun to relax and hang out street side - food was good/fine, but didn't blow us away. It's more about locale and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great relaxed Wall Street spotBlanoDined on 8/7/2014Worth your time to drop in for a meal or even just drinks. I prefer the inside seating but the patio did look interesting. Fantastic service on my two visits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place, great foodDinnerfor2SpanishDined on 7/12/2014Never been to this place before, I found it on my mapquest, while looking for NYHelicopter place (adress)wanted a restaurant close to it, so mw and my wife could have dinner, and it was worth while. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Same oldSammyDined on 7/11/2014Stone Street Tavern is what it is. The food is actually pretty good. Inside is very easy to get a seat because everyone wants to sit outside on Stone street. Service is okay, it was definitely better than last time, no snafus. Its an easy place to go to if you have a group and need a lot of space.Special Features:
- Now and ThenFoodgoddessDined on 7/9/2014fun and good food right where George might have been. Its a historical landmark.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- World CupOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014Made a reservation for 9 to watch the world cup. Our table was ready and reserved for us with a view of a good TV as expected. The drink specials were ok, though the plastic cups for beer were both small and unexpected. I prefer glass, but I can understand this was a special event, not something they usually do. But at least they could have used cups that were a pint. The best value was to get the cans. Beer selection - excellent for 'beer snobs' like me. Wine selection, limited but good Shots - very limited. One of our party wanted to do shots of 'fireball' but had to 'settle' on Jameson. It was good for me, but she was dissapointed. Something to keep in mind. Overall a fun experience.Special Features:
- Excellent Brunch!LeslieVIPDined on 6/28/2014We happened on this gem during our visit to the financial district and it was fabulous. The restaurant was buzzing with excitement over the World Cup games on that afternoon. Service was great and drinks were excellent. The food was also fabulous. Definitely a place we will visit again!Special Features:
- Just not that goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/25/2014I used to go here once a month or so. The menu changed last year for the worse, service has gotten really poor, and the food is nothing special -- mediocre quality and smaller portions. I don't think I'll be going back.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Stone Street Tavern reviews archive.
- Great food, ok serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/16/2014Lobster rolls are fantastic! Big and full of big chunks of lobster! Service was less than attentive. Had to ask to have our water glasses refilled...Special Features:
- DisappointedSimonsezsDined on 5/13/2014I was not thrilled with the food at Stone Tavern. Menu offerings were small. Quality of food was poor, like a glorified Applebee's or TGIF with a hefty price.Special Features:
- Service with an attitudeNoTimeForThisDined on 5/7/2014The service was downright rude. The waitress requested that I give my name before she gave hers and it went downhill from there. Food was mediocre at best and appetizers were too small to share. Bus boy took away water glasses before we even paid the bill. I would not recommend dining here.
- Great French ToastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014Amazing Stuffed French toast though small dish. Rest of food is about the same you get elsewhereSpecial Features:
- great brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/3/2014great brunch. bottomless drinks for $20 are a good deal. lots of outdoor seatingSpecial Features:
- Waitress' Second NightMitchVIPDined on 4/12/2014Brought out of town friends to eat here. Initially served water but no cups. My GF asked for a lemon, and the waitress seemed incapable of getting this, going to the bar twice to find out that 2 beer choices were unavailable—yet no lemon. Our popcorn shrimp appetizer was served with entrees, and my GFs’ burger was served over cooked. When she asked for a new one, the waitress seemed frustrated that we wanted to return an item & mumbled that it was her 2nd night; we weren’t sure whether to cut her slack or that she just couldn’t handle serving 8+ tables simultaneously. S.S.T. comp’d some food as a nice gesture, but they shouldn’t have left a new waitress to fend for 8+ tables on a busy Saturday night. She was severely overwhelmed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great quick business lunchGrizzzfanVIPDined on 1/22/2014Had a supurb lamb burger - nice spice, good roll, great fries. With all the office buildings around Stone Street expected more of a lunch crowd. Would be fun to go back to on a summer evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchLeopardVIPDined on 1/12/2014Nice restaurant not too busy on sunday near wall street. Quick service. Eggs benedict was very good with nice sauce with atouch of lemon. They have two kinds of french toast. Both look very good. The stuffed was what we ordered and did not regret but we did see the next table with the bananas forster french toast that looked really good too. We'll return and try that next time. No skim milk with my cappachino was my only complaint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badfiyahdVIPDined on 1/8/2014Not great...soup was cold....but everything else really was very good. Again, good place, just not great. But I would return for a drink and a burger.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in downtownLoveNYCVIPDined on 12/9/2013It was my first time having a lunch in stone street. This restaurant is beautiful, food was better than average, and service was excellent. I would def. go back to try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice locatieOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/9/2013Great restaurant on a nice locatie! Located on stone street! Small card, but good for a small lunch!Special Features:
- Not paid attention toBRIARDined on 11/3/2013Made reservation Sunday afternoon for Sunday evening. Entered Stone Sreet Tavern. Quiet only 3 tables had diners. No one greeted us at the door. We sat down at a table. NO one came over. Lone bar tender. He brought drinks to the table right behind us and never came over to us. Went back behind the bar. Lone gentleman came in, ordered a drink and was served. Bearded bartender never acknowledgef our presence. We Got up and left. Went to the Fraunces Tavern and had a nice meal and entertainment.. when got back to our hotel and went online and found that Stone Street rated as most obnoxious . They lived up to their rating.
- Mac and cheese is epicOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/2/2013Good food and excellent beer offerings. Don't miss the Mac and cheese!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent placebritgirlVIPDined on 11/1/2013I was really looking forward to this place, as I heard the food was great. Really it was ok, but nothing to rave about. Good service though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Financial District spotCraigSVIPDined on 10/8/2013When dealing with the Financial Disctict hustle it is so great to find a fun, relaxing, comfortable place. Pretty, young waitresses provide friendly service. The food centers around classic pub comfort food. My favorits dish is the lobster mac-n-cheese. If you want beer, you will need help making through the beer menu because it is all craft beers that I have never heard of. They are good but not names most people know of. I will keep coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnexpectedRichGDined on 10/5/2013We stopped in to celebrate my birthday. We were just going to have drinks and go somewhere else. Server made it a treat. She was awesome. Food, drinks and music was great. What a surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun neighborhood spotjmb714Dined on 9/8/2013can you believe they actually cook burgers the way you ask. Rare, medium rare you can get what you like not what the kitchen has overcooked. excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good place to hang outTryAllDined on 8/23/2013Friendly staff, good food, and nice spot right by Stone Street with the outdoor beer garden area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor experienceRegretfulDined on 8/16/2013I spent my lunch break at Stone Street Tavern with a friend and was immediately seated. The service was quick and the food was great. This is a good spot for people that work around the area and have only 1 hour or so to step away from the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Confused, Rude Wait StaffLadyoftheoaksVIPDined on 7/26/2013We waited more than 50 minutes from time we ordered until any food arrived. Apathetic waitress. Arugula salad was old, dried up. Bad experience all around.
- Decent food but horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2013We had a party of 13 on a Friday night. Right away we got off on the wrong foot with the waitress when we declined her recommendations of 2 of every appetizer for the table. After that it just went downhill, our food took forever, even the chips and guacamole. When the food did come out almost an hour after ordering, it came out 2 dishes at a time and then a 10 min wait for 2 more dishes. When we asked the waitress, she could care less and said there was a party of 10 who ordered first so we had to wait on that order to be completed. Overall the food was good but the condescending waitress made the experience horrible. I had guests from out of town and I was embarrassed that I even brought them here. Never again!Special Features:
- Not a great experienceOlymomVIPDined on 6/9/2013In a nutshell, the fish and chips was fine, the fries were cold and the burger was mediocre. Our waitress was nice and helpful, but had our bill wrong. Quickly corrected. Nothing else was quick or well done. We started out inside where the music was overpowering, at out table anyway. Moved outside where you felt a bit like cattle. Was hoping for a nice pub experience like many others we've been to. This was just a mistake.
- Surly ServiceKAGMVIPDined on 6/5/2013We had a group of 8 and due to policy we weren't allowed to our table until we were all there, never mind the fact that most tables were empty and we wanted drinks and apps right away. The worst part is that the hostess and our waitress had such attitude. Forget about a smile or even being pleasant, they were downright surly and seemed to be unhappy. The food was good, really good bar food, but they didn't clear our table and brought our check without even asking if we wanted dessert. (which we did because we were celebrating a small occasion.). We live in the neighborhood and we love Stone Street....it's a fun scene, but Stone Street Tavern will not get our repeat business nor will we recommend it to our friends.Special Features:
- Easter brunch with friends,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/31/2013Easter brunch with friends, place was pretty empty when we arrived at 1pm. Service was extremely slow and the food was average except for the truffle fries!!! They were yummy!!!!Special Features:
- I was very, very pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/25/2013I was very, very pleasantly surprised by the food. I was expecting un-spectacular pub fare, but got a very well prepared burger; and the other members of my 8-person party were all very happy with their food. Downside: very crowded and noisy at lunch, hard to carry a conversation.
- The food is OK. Exactly whatLalloVIPDined on 3/20/2013The food is OK. Exactly what you would expect for bar food. Nice atmosphere and good music. Perhaps a little too expensive for a bar/tavern.Special Features:
- This was a great casual restaurantrcebDined on 3/12/2013This was a great casual restaurant and fit the bill very well. Reasonably priced, good food, great beer selection and in a beautiful part of the city. We went on a Tuesday night and were very surprised at how full and lively it was! Definite do over!Special Features:
- I have reservation to haveOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2013I have reservation to have lunch Stone Street Tavern with business friends. As we enter the restaurant, we were greeted by several beautiful smiling waitresses (I almost forget to mention my reservation). We were able to choose our table and escorted to set-down. There is already a tall glass of cold New York sweet water and glasses for all of us (no need to ask). We have wine, martini, and beer to clear our palate. Let me just mention my own experience to make this shorter: I have wine, fish & chips (sweet potato) no desert no coffee, just continue to sip several glasses of red wine. I was treated by some good friends so I did not know the bill (I notice that the menu’s prices were reasonable). I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:
- Fairly Decent Brunch menu-ConflictedDined on 2/23/2013Fairly Decent Brunch menu- the steak in the steak and eggs was a bit small, but my lobster omelette was huge- and the all you can drink for 2 hours is certainly worth it, and they stay on top of the refills!Special Features:
- They have unique Mac 'n CheeseOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/6/2013They have unique Mac 'n Cheese dishes to warm you up in the winter. I particularily like the Babalon which is Brie, Mushrooms, and Cranberry mac and cheese. Delicious, filling, and comfort food.Special Features:
- Had a very good dinner atWillCDined on 2/2/2013Had a very good dinner at Stoen Street Tavern. Service was excellent and food was prepared very well. Good beer selections too! Will deinitiely come back!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/31/2013Fun restaurant. Looks like an old bar inside but it is filled with suits from Wall Street. The salmon salad was spectacular and the service was even better. I highly recommend this restaurant for lunc.Special Features: