Stone Rose Lounge
10 Columbus Circle
New York, NY 10019Neighborhood:
Bar / Lounge / Bottle ServicePrice: $31 to $50
Stone Rose Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneroselounge.com/
- Phone: 2128239770x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 2:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 3:00am
Sunday: 3:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Stone Rose Lounge has DJs adding to the ambiance on Thursday and Friday nights starting at 9pm and Saturday nights at 10pm.
A word from Stone Rose Lounge
Located on the 4th floor of the Time Warner Center (10 Columbus Circle) Stone Rose Lounge – named for the touches of stone and rosewood used throughout its design – is the epitome of masculine elegance. Created to echo the posh atmosphere of a classically timeless hotel lounge, the 5,000 sq. ft. venue features candlelit seating areas surrounded by gorgeous views of Manhattan’s Central Park and the city’s skyline. Stone Rose Lounge offers an expansive collection of small-batch spirits, regionally brewed craft beers, global wine offerings and a rotating selection of Gerber Group’s classic and modern cocktails that highlight market fresh ingredients. Food menus from Benchmarc Events by Marc Murphy are available seven days a week for lunch and dinner and feature favorites such as Tuna Tartar Tacos, Kale Caesar, Grilled Cheese with Gruyere & Parmesan and The “Stone Rose” Burger.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Rose Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
17 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (12)hot spot (9)vibrant bar scene (8)romantic (6)late-night find (6)good for groups (5)neighborhood gem (5)special occasion (4)great for lunch (3)notable wine list (2)fit for foodies (1)Show More
- stone rose lounge barmaggyDined on 5/26/2014It was nice there, but nothing special! The View from the bar is very nice!Special Features:
- Great location, but average menustefystefDined on 5/21/2014Took my friend for her birthday to Stone Rose Lounge. I wasn't as intimate as I thought and it doesn't seem to know what it wants to be. It looks like a more elegant lounge, but then there's a fooseball table in the middle of the bar. I wasn't impressed with the cocktail menu and didn't care for the offering on the menu. The classic cosmo was better than the signature drinks. The food was very taste and we enjoyed it, but it just wasn't the atmosphere we were looking for. Great for groups and tourists, but doesn't have the sophistication that most New Yorkers look for in a bar/restaurant in the Time Warner Building.Special Features:
- Awesome evening!FriscofanDined on 5/2/2014I've seen Stone Rose Lounge before but never went in until the other night. What took me so long? So glad I made the trek from my hotel on 48th all the way to Columbus Circle. Music was great. The grilled chicken sandwich and the turkey club were surprisingly delicious and unique with the special sauces. This is my new favorite New York hot spot and I will be back. Loved watching all ages on the dance floor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 22 reviews are from the Stone Rose Lounge reviews archive.
- a night to remember in the citylyon77Dined on 4/25/2014It was a memorable evening that pasted all expectations. The perfect setting for a romantic dinner to end a greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool, grown up spot for drinksMusicloverVIPDined on 4/25/2014Seated immediately, attentive prompt service, great vibe, fantastic view. Perfect place to meet for drinks. A tiny but loud and expensive, but it's Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing Issues500NightsLifetimeDined on 4/12/2014Food menu was delivered as we sat, however, order was not taken until the kitchen had closed. Manager apologized and provided a drink round. Was about 45 mins from seating until waitress came for food order. Still a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sweeping viewsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 4/12/2014The food and drinks are pretty good but who cares when you are over looking Columbus Circle and Central Park!!Special Features:
- Nice, but not quite my thingNYCAngelsVIPDined on 3/24/2014It isn't a restaurant, it isn't a bar, but I'm not really sure it's a lounge...so what is it? The food was good (not fantastic). The tuna carpaccio tacos were delicious and the kale salad good, but the hummus in the veggie hummus plate was terrible. The mini s'mores dessert was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do it!!!KevinHVIPDined on 3/8/2014The plan was to go skating in Central Park and follow that with a nice drink, a light meal and a scenic view. Unfortunately, my date took a bad fall while skating and as a result we were 30 minutes late for our 8:45 reservation. Upon checking in, I was lectured about being late. In spite of our excuse- I understand that late is not good. BUT the place was only about 60% full. Hostess then said- "I have a seat for you". Worst seat in the house- no view, close to bar and front door. If the place was full- fine but between the attitude and the terrible seat-- i recommend that you spend your time and money elsewhere. Waitress was great, good was good but the attitude of the hostess and the terrible seat were both unacceptable.Special Features:
- Excellent OverallCaseDined on 3/5/2014Food was excellent. One of the best burgers in town. Atmosphere was quite spacious yet bar-like. Easy to hear my friend speaking throughout dinner despite the place being quite full. Amazing view of Columbus Circle and nyc facing east and north.Special Features:
- Before show at Allen RoomJackieDined on 2/20/2014This is a lovely venue--scenic views of the Park, and sweet dark tables. Apparently they are more interested in the bar scene than the food part, it is a limited menu. But what we had was tasty and just right before a concert. Service was a bit hoity toity for me, but competent enough.Special Features:
- Good Spot for BusinessBernieMDined on 1/30/2014Great spot for drinks and munchies when business entertaining in the city. Large tasteful lounge has lots of room and table service is good. You won't be jammed in or overwhelmed by large screen TV's here. Gets a little noisy after 7 but comfortable, quiet and nice ambience in late afternoon. Love location overlooking Columbus Circle and Central Park. Nice drink selection...though at $16 per cocktail you better be on an expense account.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love the loungeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/27/2014my favorite spot for drinks---great view of columbus circle, park and east side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePatyDined on 1/26/2014It's not a place to dine out but it's worth for the panoramic view of Columbus Circle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect View!MarlabenetVIPDined on 1/18/2014We came here from experiening it two years ago on my birthday after dinner and once again experienced it on my birthday this year before dinner. The view of Columbus Circle is amazing and the bar itself is beautiful and vibrant. A bit pricey, but that is to be expected.Special Features:
- First DateSnNYCDined on 1/1/2014We went for a drink... Which turned into dinner! The ambiance was great and the restaurant has a very laid back feeling...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for DinnerMSMCDined on 12/28/2013We made reservations for dinner here and it really is more of a cocktail lounge. They tried to seat us at a couch with a low table, but moved us to a regular dinner table when requested. Service was quite slow and sorting out an extra charge on our bill took another 15 minutes--all in nearly 2 hours for a couple of sandwiches and a burger. Nice view of Columbus Circle if you're early enough to grab a table by the window.Special Features:
- Could be improved upon.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/20/2013It was a little TOO dark, it seemed somber. The drinks were not strong enough, especially for the price.This was disappointing, since it is the type of place you would specifically go to for cocktails. Nice experience, but would not return.Special Features:
- Stone Rose was fun;the foodRobinDined on 12/7/2013Stone Rose was fun;the food good; the drinks a bit expensive. It was a good ending to an afternoon in NYC. I was puzzled that when we arrived at 5:00 PM (it had opened at 4:00), neither the hamburger nor club sandwich was available. But the other food was quite good. I would recommend Stone Rose for the great view and the energy in the place.Special Features:
- ladies catch up!hgteeveeDined on 11/29/2013Very happy hostess had saved us a comfortable couch/banquette in the corner- great for chatting and enjoying the view! We enjoyed our wine, lettuce wraps and burger! Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for drink not dinnermanoDined on 10/4/2013Food menu was nothing special, but it is a good place to come for drinks after dinner. The atmosphere is great, dark with a view over central park.Special Features:
- We went there for dinner followingOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/13/2013We went there for dinner following a matinee at Lincoln Center. The server didn't know what the Stone Rose burger consisted of: turns out it is two patties, a peppery cheese, and burnt shoestring potatoes. not worth it. My partner ordered the grilled cheese which was burnt so badly, it was inedible. No one came to check up on us. Great view, great for those wanting a drink, but for food, forget about it.Special Features:
- Big disappointmentAKresidentDined on 5/24/2013Read reviews, thought it was an actual restaurant. Booked and then called to request a window table for our last night in the city. The female said it was no problem and it was all arranged. Arrived, and the maitre d' said whoever answered the phone was mistaken and showed us to the end of a couch near the door. It was too late to find another place with a view, so decided to try the famed menu: meatballs, lobster rolls, charcute plate, deviled eggs, orichetti. Food was good, but not as good as the price. I had a watery cocktail. Tables by the window were open during our meal. I feel deceived: expecting a nice table with a view, small plates, and a decent cocktail, got a pricey couch in the back of an upscale "see and be seen" meatmarket.Special Features:
- Trendy and funAtltplantDined on 5/8/2013Definitely a cool spot. Had a celebrity sighting. Only problem was we had a business meeting so it wasn't ideal for that. A little loud but would def go back w friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to Columbus Circle - at 3CCMattyDined on 5/6/20133CC has arrived and we love the Stone Rose Lounge! Great spot for drinks after work - excellent service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.