Stone Park Cafe
324 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stone Park Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneparkcafe.com/
- Phone: (718) 369-0082
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Grinker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Aldo Rainoldi 'Meet the Winemaker' Dinner on Tuesday, November 8 We are excited to continue our wine dinner series with Aldo Rainoldi; from 6 to 9 pm on Tuesday, November 8, he'll be on hand to talk to us about the wines he makes in Italy's Valtellina. Please join us to taste four different wines, all made from the Nebbiolo grape. Chef Josh Grinker will prepare a special Market Menu for $40; the wines will be available by the glass or half glass, or in a flight of four ($45/$24). For more information please visit our website.
A word from Stone Park Cafe
A contemporary American restaurant nestled in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn, Stone Park Cafe is at the forefront of New York's neighborhood dining trend, focusing on fresh, seasonal ingredients served in a comfortable yet polished dining room. To complement the market-driven menu, the restaurant offers an international selection of over 200 wines. Open for lunch, dinner & weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Stone Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Stone Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
78 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (49)special occasion (29)notable wine list (26)great for outdoor dining (25)romantic (22)great for brunch (13)good for groups (12)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (6)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (4)Show More
- Wonderful Brooklyn diningIngerSFDined on 11/10/2014From the moment we entered the restaurant we felt welcomed. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable, and the service top notch. Our dinner was delicious and the wine womderful. I highly recommend this lovely restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaVIPDined on 11/10/2014This is my favorite restaurant in Park Slope. The food is consistently excellent, the room comfortable, and the service warm and competent. I take all my visiting guests here, and they love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid neighborhood restaurantcmaxDined on 11/9/2014We had family in town and needed a dinner spot for 6 people on a Sunday. This was perfect because while it was full, it wasn't over-crowded. It was lively, but not noisy. The menu is classic, and everyone found something they loved. The food is not really adventurous or unique, just good. Not trendy. Service was very friendly. For a date night with just my husband I would probably opt for something a little more interesting, but this place was so perfect for a group of relatives. It will be my new go-to for family dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has It AllLindajwinkVIPDined on 11/8/2014Great food, excellent service, a worthy wine list and a lively atmosphere - Stone Park Cafe has it all. The attention to the food is primary here, and that shows with a packed dining room and knowledgeable, professional waitstaff. The only detraction was the loud volume of music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful diningWestportfoodieDined on 11/8/2014Well edited and well priced menu, tasty fresh food, great drinks, and gracious service in one of the few white table cloth restaurants in Park Slope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great atmosphereLoveFoodVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dishes were unique and all very good. Service was fantastic. Would definitely recommend for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not supergreatLobBoyDined on 10/25/2014Service was indifferent. Food was good, but certainly not great. Ambience was "you don't mind if my friends and I stand around your table and have our drinks and yell at our pals, do you"? Maybe fun for some, we won't returnSpecial Features:
- Mixed feelings...LuisVIPDined on 10/21/2014Had dinner with husband and good friend. Drinks were superb! Appetizers were also outstanding - the shaved brussels sprouts salad was incredible and the lamb sausage among the best we've tasted. Upon arrival of the main dish, our friend loved her pasta. We, however, were disappointed. Our steak was dry, not cooked as requested and tasteless. The waitress offered to change it, but it would have disrupted an otherwise lovely evening. While the manager comped desserts and coffee, he never came over to talk to us. Our waitress was wonderful, but her servers were not friendly at all. May consider returning, not sure...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!EmeryDined on 10/20/2014I had family in town and it was their first time in Brooklyn. They loved it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- standard new americandocjenVIPDined on 10/18/2014Stone Park Cafe is a pleasant restaurant in the heart of Park Slope. Food is good although a bit uninspired. Service was very spotty the evening we dined--we waited about an hour for our entrees with no updates or check-ins from the staff.
- Quality, reliable local standardPizzaSavantDined on 10/18/2014If I am headed out in Park Slope and looking for a quality, reliable local standard that I know and can trust the service, ambiance and food will be top-notch, I come here. My only complaint is the "leg of lamb" was a bit small on the portion size. All of the other diners at my table did not encounter the same who ordered the burger, two kinds of pasta and vegetable appetizers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bday DinnernicsnacksDined on 10/17/2014Went here with some friends to celebrate my bday. The atmosphere was laid back even though the food was gourmand (and divine). Our server was fantastic, gave great suggestions with no pressure, though he did push us to order since we had been talking and drinking for a while. Food was amazing, will definitely go back to try brunch and/or eating at the bar for a a less formal meal. Noticed they were very accommodated to walk ins looking for a table, we had reservations. Extensive selection of wines with several affordable options. Finally, our server brought me a piece of cake with a candle on it after overhearing it was my bday, said it was on him - absolutely thoughtful of him!Special Features:
- great foodrobbyDined on 10/9/2014L'accueil était très correcte mais les serveurs impatients et désagréables , nous avons par contre comme toujours très bien diné!Special Features:
- Top notchNonnaheavenDined on 9/20/2014Sent my daughter and son in law for their anniversary because I love it! Great choice! They had the most wonderful dinner. The service was fantastic. What I love about the restaurant is the plate presentation!Special Features:
- Consistently goodMalbVIPDined on 9/16/2014We moved to Park Slope about seven months ago after the birth of our first child. The fist time we had a "date" night,(about five months ago, thank god for grandmas), we tried Stone Park and it was great! This time it was my wife and I's joint birthday. Service was great, food was great, everything wonderful. We ate the pre-fix menu and notably, unlike most restaurants who offer up a pre-fix, the portion sizes were normal and not reduced. The octopus starter is excellent, and the hanger steak was cooked to perfection. Totally recommend this local gem.Special Features:
- Always great...DizeKaneDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten here many times and am so impressed by how consistently delicious everything is. Their market menu is a real find with farm to table offerings that are always fresh and unique. I have had the same waiter quite a few times and he is always patient and sweet without being overly fussy. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Everything was wonderful. Our server was attentive and warm. The food was outstanding! I had the pre-fixe, which was a great deal for the amount and variety of food served. A friend and I were able to dine outside, since the weather was nice. It was great to be able to enjoy the neighborhood vibe while dining. I would highly recommend Stone Park Cafe and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Great for a feel of the New Brooklyn and how its part of the local neighborhood.Special Features:
- Best in Park SlopeHighExpectationsDined on 9/10/2014Excellent wine list, beautifully presented courses, deliciously and imaginatively prepared, well-trained informative staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I live within a block of this place, and walk past it almost every day. We've never really had occasion to actually go, but we went last week. It was absolutely fantastic. While everything was excellent, there were a few standouts. The ricotta cavatelli with sausage was one, and the other was the blue cheese gnocchi, which was a side for the leg of lamb dish. I've never had gnocci that light, and the blue cheese flavor was subtle enough not to overpower the lamb. Best part? The price! Seriously reasonable for a meal of this quality. Will *definitely* be going again.Special Features:
- MoelabDined on 9/6/2014Good prices, good service and excellent food. A enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot in Park SlopeReliableVIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our meal here very much. It was a lovely, warm evening, which made eating outside perfect. The food was all enjoyable. But most of all, we were treated very well, especially by the host Robert.Special Features:
- Great shrimp scampi!LittleMissFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I went here with a loved for lunch two days ago. As a native of Brooklyn, NY who regularly eats on Park Slope's 5th Avenue, I was so surprised that I had missed this gem for so long! Stone Park Cafe is great for outdoor dining (we had our meal right next to the park). I recommend the scampi as well as the truffle whipped potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the neighborhoodSteakfor2for1VIPDined on 9/2/2014A corner location, the restaurant is long and narrow. The dining room is also split between two levels so it feels more intimate. The pricing is a little strange as all entrees are between $24-$28. It makes the pasta expensive (though delicious) and the lamb and whole fish relative bargains. They put their specials on a $35, 3 course prix fixe menu which is the best deal available. Those items can also be ordered a la carte. The brussel sprout salad and beet salad (ordered from the prix fixe) were both delicious. The raviolini was excellent. The leg of lamb was well prepared but the meat itself was light on flavor. Glasses of rose and cab franc were just okay. Overall it's still a great restaurant and we'll be back.Special Features:
- Fresh Farm-To-TableEegyecatsVIPDined on 9/1/2014Beautiful indoor and outdoor dining space. The prefix menu for ~$35 comes with an app, main and dessert - I had the striped bass and it was delicious! Note that a lot of families come here with their children...at least when we were there for early dinner. There was more than one screeching baby, but suppose you deal with that if you go to dinner before 6PM! (We were starved) Enjoy fresh farm-to-table fare and delicious and inventive cocktails. Service was very friendly and helpful, but just a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful farm to tableMelStatenIslandDined on 8/21/2014The place is an adorable corner place. It was beautiful out so we sat outside. The waitstaff was very nice and helpful. When I wasn't sure which wine to order he brought me out two generous tastings. My fiancé ordered a strong manhattan. We ordered from a pre fix $35 menu. Absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Additionally we ordered a half order of pasta for another app. Not required but the man next to is ordered it and it smelt delicious. My bass was cooked beautifully and my fiancé's meat was tender and wonderful. The desserts were a great touch, banana ice cream and a selection of ice cream and sorbet. There was parking right on the street and the neighborhood is of course a nice place. We really enjoyed this place and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food and great servicecbbinnycDined on 8/8/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and I was not disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious (try the slider appetizer!) and the service was excellent. It's definitely on the expensive side, so I won't be going back here regularly, but for special occasions (or if you have deep pockets) it's a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mid summer weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014The visit to Stone Park Cafe for lunch was part of a day off in Brooklyn visiting Botanical Garden & Brooklyn Museum. Excellent food, pleasant service & a lovely summer outdoor setting. LookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ReturnJaneDined on 8/7/2014We returned to the SPC for our second visit and it was as great as our first. The food was delicious and the best Bronzini ever. There was an ample wine list from which to choose.Try one of their special cocktails. We had a French 75 which was so refreshing during the summer. Our waiter was excellent and the maître d' very helpful in getting us car service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experaniceRoblaroDined on 8/6/2014All of our dishes were delicious! We had steak, pasta and fish. This was our first time there and would recommend this to any one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous, Romantic and DeliciousScoutDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit after hearing rave reviews. We chose it for my birthday and we were thrilled to sit outside on the lovely terrace, as it was very loud inside. It's a perfect place for a special occasion (expensive!), the food was well prepared, inventive, fresh ingredients and stunning presentation. The wine list was impressively extensive, our server was well versed and helped us pick a perfect accompaniment for our main courses. Okay, so now the bad part-the service was SO SLOW. Again, it was romantic and relaxing, but we had to inquire about every course & about our bottle of rosé that had been stashed away to remain chilled - every time we'd sit there with empty glasses, finally we just kept it with us, sweating on the table.Special Features:
- E'rythng was d-licious!rhythmationDined on 7/31/2014Brussel salad, Corn Bisque, Hangar steak, banana ice cream w shortbread! mwah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 412 reviews are from the Stone Park Cafe reviews archive.
- Great food and wine!WineFoodieDined on 7/20/2014One of New York's gems, Stone Park offers diners moderately priced gourmet meals , well worth the trip to Park Slope! In addition to fabulous special menu options, the standard menu won't disappoint. Coupled with that a wine list that rivals any in NYC, and you should prepare yourself for a memorable culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Friendly ServicecaswanDined on 7/19/2014Went for Dinner and we all had GREAT meals! No matter what you order it will be fabulous....Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised...hungryallthetimeDined on 7/13/2014I recently dined here on a sunday night for my birthday. This is vital information because of two reasons. First, I have dined at Stone Park three times previously and DID NOT enjoy it. The servers were obnoxious and rude, and my food was served room temperature each time. Second, my family (a party of 10) wanted to do my birthday brunch there and I nixed the idea based on my past experiences and we ate elsewhere. Later in the day however, when hunger raised it's vicious head, I decided to give Stone Park another try. We arrived to a quiet restaurant with few diners inside and had a good time. Service was great and the food was good. Great Job Stone Park! Thanks for changing a hard core cynics mind...Special Features:
- Creative dishes!tokiannDined on 7/11/2014Loved the scallop & marrow tacos and the squid ink tagliatelle.Special Features:
- Good, but not memorableDanBVIPDined on 6/28/2014All the food was good and well prepared, but lacked the memorable, and interesting flavors of other nearby restaurants like Al Di La.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kci222Dined on 6/25/2014Truly exemplary food. One of my favorite spots in all of New York City.Special Features:
- Almost...satiableDined on 6/21/2014Stone Park has always been a moderately priced and inventive sophisticate on the Park Slope scene. Cocktails, wine list, and food are all above average, and sometimes inspired. Service, which used to be outstanding, was struggling on a recent Saturday night. Let's hope this is an anomaly; it would be sad to think Stone Park is losing it's edge.Special Features:
- An Evening with my daughterCinderellaDined on 6/20/2014My daughter lives in Brooklyn. We were spending the weekend together. We went to Park Slope to have dinner. I LOVED the area as well as the food. Portions aren't generous, but that's perfectly fine for us. There were many choices on the menu which we loved so it was hard for us to choose. I would say that the ONLY con was that it was a bit salty. The presentation was superb too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.