Stone Park Cafe
324 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stone Park Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneparkcafe.com/
- Phone: 7183690082
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Grinker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Aldo Rainoldi 'Meet the Winemaker' Dinner on Tuesday, November 8 We are excited to continue our wine dinner series with Aldo Rainoldi; from 6 to 9 pm on Tuesday, November 8, he'll be on hand to talk to us about the wines he makes in Italy's Valtellina. Please join us to taste four different wines, all made from the Nebbiolo grape. Chef Josh Grinker will prepare a special Market Menu for $40; the wines will be available by the glass or half glass, or in a flight of four ($45/$24). For more information please visit our website.
A word from Stone Park Cafe
A contemporary American restaurant nestled in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn, Stone Park Cafe is at the forefront of New York's neighborhood dining trend, focusing on fresh, seasonal ingredients served in a comfortable yet polished dining room. To complement the market-driven menu, the restaurant offers an international selection of over 200 wines. Open for lunch, dinner & weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Stone Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Stone Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (49)neighborhood gem (44)great for outdoor dining (28)special occasion (21)great for brunch (19)romantic (16)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)good for groups (7)hot spot (7)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Wonderful farm to tableMelStatenIslandDined on 8/21/2014The place is an adorable corner place. It was beautiful out so we sat outside. The waitstaff was very nice and helpful. When I wasn't sure which wine to order he brought me out two generous tastings. My fiancé ordered a strong manhattan. We ordered from a pre fix $35 menu. Absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Additionally we ordered a half order of pasta for another app. Not required but the man next to is ordered it and it smelt delicious. My bass was cooked beautifully and my fiancé's meat was tender and wonderful. The desserts were a great touch, banana ice cream and a selection of ice cream and sorbet. There was parking right on the street and the neighborhood is of course a nice place. We really enjoyed this place and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food and great servicecbbinnycDined on 8/8/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and I was not disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious (try the slider appetizer!) and the service was excellent. It's definitely on the expensive side, so I won't be going back here regularly, but for special occasions (or if you have deep pockets) it's a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mid summer weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014The visit to Stone Park Cafe for lunch was part of a day off in Brooklyn visiting Botanical Garden & Brooklyn Museum. Excellent food, pleasant service & a lovely summer outdoor setting. LookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ReturnJaneDined on 8/7/2014We returned to the SPC for our second visit and it was as great as our first. The food was delicious and the best Bronzini ever. There was an ample wine list from which to choose.Try one of their special cocktails. We had a French 75 which was so refreshing during the summer. Our waiter was excellent and the maître d' very helpful in getting us car service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experaniceRoblaroDined on 8/6/2014All of our dishes were delicious! We had steak, pasta and fish. This was our first time there and would recommend this to any one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous, Romantic and DeliciousScoutDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit after hearing rave reviews. We chose it for my birthday and we were thrilled to sit outside on the lovely terrace, as it was very loud inside. It's a perfect place for a special occasion (expensive!), the food was well prepared, inventive, fresh ingredients and stunning presentation. The wine list was impressively extensive, our server was well versed and helped us pick a perfect accompaniment for our main courses. Okay, so now the bad part-the service was SO SLOW. Again, it was romantic and relaxing, but we had to inquire about every course & about our bottle of rosé that had been stashed away to remain chilled - every time we'd sit there with empty glasses, finally we just kept it with us, sweating on the table.Special Features:
- E'rythng was d-licious!rhythmationDined on 7/31/2014Brussel salad, Corn Bisque, Hangar steak, banana ice cream w shortbread! mwah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine!WineFoodieDined on 7/20/2014One of New York's gems, Stone Park offers diners moderately priced gourmet meals , well worth the trip to Park Slope! In addition to fabulous special menu options, the standard menu won't disappoint. Coupled with that a wine list that rivals any in NYC, and you should prepare yourself for a memorable culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Friendly ServicecaswanDined on 7/19/2014Went for Dinner and we all had GREAT meals! No matter what you order it will be fabulous....Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised...hungryallthetimeDined on 7/13/2014I recently dined here on a sunday night for my birthday. This is vital information because of two reasons. First, I have dined at Stone Park three times previously and DID NOT enjoy it. The servers were obnoxious and rude, and my food was served room temperature each time. Second, my family (a party of 10) wanted to do my birthday brunch there and I nixed the idea based on my past experiences and we ate elsewhere. Later in the day however, when hunger raised it's vicious head, I decided to give Stone Park another try. We arrived to a quiet restaurant with few diners inside and had a good time. Service was great and the food was good. Great Job Stone Park! Thanks for changing a hard core cynics mind...Special Features:
- Creative dishes!tokiannDined on 7/11/2014Loved the scallop & marrow tacos and the squid ink tagliatelle.Special Features:
- Good, but not memorableDanBVIPDined on 6/28/2014All the food was good and well prepared, but lacked the memorable, and interesting flavors of other nearby restaurants like Al Di La.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kci222Dined on 6/25/2014Truly exemplary food. One of my favorite spots in all of New York City.Special Features:
- Almost...satiableDined on 6/21/2014Stone Park has always been a moderately priced and inventive sophisticate on the Park Slope scene. Cocktails, wine list, and food are all above average, and sometimes inspired. Service, which used to be outstanding, was struggling on a recent Saturday night. Let's hope this is an anomaly; it would be sad to think Stone Park is losing it's edge.Special Features:
- An Evening with my daughterCinderellaDined on 6/20/2014My daughter lives in Brooklyn. We were spending the weekend together. We went to Park Slope to have dinner. I LOVED the area as well as the food. Portions aren't generous, but that's perfectly fine for us. There were many choices on the menu which we loved so it was hard for us to choose. I would say that the ONLY con was that it was a bit salty. The presentation was superb too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BobbyjiVIPDined on 6/9/2014I was taken there for my birthday and it was wonderful. Great menu, great gourmet choices, wait staff just terrific. We're returning. Lived it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annmarieVIPDined on 6/5/2014Loved it Service great. Staff was very friendly and good food would come back to this fine placeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!almin1204VIPDined on 6/3/2014I was really delighted of going back to Stone Park Café, after so long, and find their menu has really stepped up. All course were excellent! My steak was too salty but they remade and waive off the charge. Waiter Tim was outstanding and very friendly. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Brooklyn FavebonmanVIPDined on 6/1/2014My friend and I spent a whole day in Brooklyn... Museum, Botanic Garden and a stroll through Park Slope. We had an early reservation and sat outside soaking the in the beauty of the start of the summer. Scallop and Marrow Tacos were amazingly delightful. My friend had their burger and I was able grab a bite. Delish! I had the rabbit pasta which was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Park SlopeEllieDined on 5/27/2014Warm ambiance and nice decor. Must try the Scallop and Marrow Tacos. Loved the Black Pepper Pappardelle. Definitely finish off the meal with the Coconut Sorbet. Overall, a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn special.fatherknowsbestDined on 5/25/2014Great food. Great ambience. Great service.Great location with outdoor dining or inside with the doors open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. It was the perfect venue to accommodate the fussiness of two children and the fine dining preference of the adults. Delicious food with an informal atmosphere, and the staff were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2014We had friends in from California don't eat meat. All of the fish dishes were excellent especially the cod. Lobster bisque was fabulous and that bread was wonderful. It was our first time but will surely be back. BTW the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great food in the SlopeandromedaDined on 5/16/2014Very pleased with our first visit to Stone Park. Front/bar room where we sat had big windows. Unusual but delicious (marrow and scallops) appetizers and entrees plus well executed standards. The menu was a little smaller than expected but there were couple of specials and I expect the menu is updated regularly for repeat diners. Extensive wine list with a nice range of prices. Loved the music selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectVeggieMomVIPDined on 5/16/2014Stone Park is the fave neighborhood joint every nabe deserves. Perfect in every way - great food, cocktails, service - never a misstepSpecial Features:
- Worth a VisitBKLYN7Dined on 5/13/2014My wife & I have dined at Stone Park Cafe a number of times over the past 2 years. The service is always great and the prices are reasonable. This time my wife ordered off the Daily Market Menu (Cod) and I had the Leg of Lamb. Both meals were tasty and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, again!Jay23Dined on 5/7/2014Every visit to SPC is excellent. The staff is exceptionally courteous and accommodating and the food is always excellent. It is my first choice for lunch, and dinner is just as great! Very well done!Special Features:
- The following 392 reviews are from the Stone Park Cafe reviews archive.
- Visiting BrooklynSherryDined on 4/26/2014My husband, son, and I had dinner at the Stone Park Cafe and thought it was outstanding except for the noise level. It was early evening so there were quite a few kids dining with their parents. We really don't mind this at all but the overall noise was exceptionally loud. The food and service were outstanding and we would definitely go back the next time we're in Brooklyn.Special Features:
- Lunch treasurePerfectpasta53Dined on 4/23/2014I recently had a wonderful lunch at an unfussy yet seasoned cafe . It was such a pleasant experience where you felt like you were in such good hands. I usually don't order pasta because my husband makes it at home but I could resist their Swiss chard raviolini. It was amazing! Our server was invisible but nurturing and professional . I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab, Fresh & FlavorfulFaboverfiftycomDined on 4/19/2014Recommendations: shaved Brussels Sprout salad, grilled octopus, onion rings, any homemade pasta! Good service, relaxed atmosphere, not too noisy. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love Stone Park CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/17/2014From date nights to after work beers, to dinner with the family including children. Great staff, great beer, wine and cocktail selection and great food. We try to go Sun to Thurs night when the prix fixe market menu is on as it is always excellent. But brunch is great too. And the scallop and bone marrow tacos are sublime!Special Features:
- Lovely Sunday SupperNYCdiningVIPDined on 4/13/2014We enjoyed an early Sunday dinner on a gorgeous spring day, close to the outdoor seating...perfect spot. The food was delicious. We shared 2 salads...shaved brussel sprouts and kale...both were wonderful. We also had 2 half portion pastas...cavaletini (sp?) and raviolitini (sp?)...so delicious! I'd definitely recommend this restaurant and I will return.Special Features:
- Excellent, again!Jay23Dined on 4/11/2014The food, service and ambience were excellent, as usual!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendedOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/29/2014Well executed, creative menu; knowledgable, friendly service.Special Features:
- Sumptuous mealJOanielbDined on 3/26/2014A real gem in Park Slope. Our party of four each enjoyed a marvelous meal. The service was attentive and quite personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ingredients prepared nicelyDiningaboutDined on 3/15/2014My husband and I don't venture to Brooklyn often, but were very happy with our dinner here. I had the frisée salad with poached egg and hubs had a stuffed rabbit loin appetizer that was a special. Both were very good. I had the cracked pepper pappardelle with rabbit for my entree which was very nice. Our server was very helpful and we very much enjoyed our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday Meal to Celebratemom2diVIPDined on 3/9/2014Our food was superb, from the kale salad to the short rib slider, from the skate to the pork chop. The truffle mashed potatoes were heavenly. The wine selection was vast and contained a wonderful array of bottles in all prices. Our "new favorite restaurant." We will be back, and introduce it to others.Special Features:
- Our server was fabulous. AppetizersSchmoopeyDined on 3/8/2014Our server was fabulous. Appetizers and salad excellent! While our main course was good, the fish had a freezer-burn after taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Meal at Stone Park CafeCateandDaveVIPDined on 3/1/2014We really enjoyed our food and wine at the Stone Park Cafe. Everything was extremely well done, the service was attentive and timely. it was just how you would want your fine dining experiences to always be. Nothing was over the top, nothing was lacking, it was just a straight forward excellent meal. We don't go out often so when we do we try to make it count and this time it certainly did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth A Stop.steveDined on 3/1/2014Great food and service.... Butternut Squash Soup / Rack of Lamb / Fried Oysters with Bok Choy and Cauliflower Cream sauce / Pasta with Rabbit in a light sauce with carrots and peas. Enjoyed! Enjoyed!Special Features: