Stone Park Cafe
324 5th Avenue
Brooklyn, NY 11215Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Stone Park Cafe
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneparkcafe.com/
- Phone: 7183690082
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:30pm - 9:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 10:30am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Joshua Grinker
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Special Events: Aldo Rainoldi 'Meet the Winemaker' Dinner on Tuesday, November 8 We are excited to continue our wine dinner series with Aldo Rainoldi; from 6 to 9 pm on Tuesday, November 8, he'll be on hand to talk to us about the wines he makes in Italy's Valtellina. Please join us to taste four different wines, all made from the Nebbiolo grape. Chef Josh Grinker will prepare a special Market Menu for $40; the wines will be available by the glass or half glass, or in a flight of four ($45/$24). For more information please visit our website.
A word from Stone Park Cafe
A contemporary American restaurant nestled in the heart of Park Slope, Brooklyn, Stone Park Cafe is at the forefront of New York's neighborhood dining trend, focusing on fresh, seasonal ingredients served in a comfortable yet polished dining room. To complement the market-driven menu, the restaurant offers an international selection of over 200 wines. Open for lunch, dinner & weekend brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Stone Park Cafe - Best Restaurants in Park Slope ›
Stone Park Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
83 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)neighborhood gem (54)great for outdoor dining (37)special occasion (27)great for brunch (22)romantic (21)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (10)hot spot (9)good for groups (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)vibrant bar scene (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Consistently goodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/16/2014We moved to Park Slope about seven months ago after the birth of our first child. The fist time we had a "date" night,(about five months ago, thank god for grandmas), we tried Stone Park and it was great! This time it was my wife and I's joint birthday. Service was great, food was great, everything wonderful. We ate the pre-fix menu and notably, unlike most restaurants who offer up a pre-fix, the portion sizes were normal and not reduced. The octopus starter is excellent, and the hanger steak was cooked to perfection. Totally recommend this local gem.Special Features:
- Always great...DizeKaneDined on 9/16/2014I have eaten here many times and am so impressed by how consistently delicious everything is. Their market menu is a real find with farm to table offerings that are always fresh and unique. I have had the same waiter quite a few times and he is always patient and sweet without being overly fussy. A real neighborhood gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/15/2014Everything was wonderful. Our server was attentive and warm. The food was outstanding! I had the pre-fixe, which was a great deal for the amount and variety of food served. A friend and I were able to dine outside, since the weather was nice. It was great to be able to enjoy the neighborhood vibe while dining. I would highly recommend Stone Park Cafe and can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014Great for a feel of the New Brooklyn and how its part of the local neighborhood.Special Features:
- Best in Park SlopeHighExpectationsDined on 9/10/2014Excellent wine list, beautifully presented courses, deliciously and imaginatively prepared, well-trained informative staffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014My wife and I live within a block of this place, and walk past it almost every day. We've never really had occasion to actually go, but we went last week. It was absolutely fantastic. While everything was excellent, there were a few standouts. The ricotta cavatelli with sausage was one, and the other was the blue cheese gnocchi, which was a side for the leg of lamb dish. I've never had gnocci that light, and the blue cheese flavor was subtle enough not to overpower the lamb. Best part? The price! Seriously reasonable for a meal of this quality. Will *definitely* be going again.Special Features:
- MoelabDined on 9/6/2014Good prices, good service and excellent food. A enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Spot in Park SlopeReliableVIPDined on 9/5/2014We enjoyed our meal here very much. It was a lovely, warm evening, which made eating outside perfect. The food was all enjoyable. But most of all, we were treated very well, especially by the host Robert.Special Features:
- Great shrimp scampi!LittleMissFoodieVIPDined on 9/3/2014I went here with a loved for lunch two days ago. As a native of Brooklyn, NY who regularly eats on Park Slope's 5th Avenue, I was so surprised that I had missed this gem for so long! Stone Park Cafe is great for outdoor dining (we had our meal right next to the park). I recommend the scampi as well as the truffle whipped potatoes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the neighborhoodSteakfor2for1Dined on 9/2/2014A corner location, the restaurant is long and narrow. The dining room is also split between two levels so it feels more intimate. The pricing is a little strange as all entrees are between $24-$28. It makes the pasta expensive (though delicious) and the lamb and whole fish relative bargains. They put their specials on a $35, 3 course prix fixe menu which is the best deal available. Those items can also be ordered a la carte. The brussel sprout salad and beet salad (ordered from the prix fixe) were both delicious. The raviolini was excellent. The leg of lamb was well prepared but the meat itself was light on flavor. Glasses of rose and cab franc were just okay. Overall it's still a great restaurant and we'll be back.Special Features:
- Fresh Farm-To-TableEegyecatsVIPDined on 9/1/2014Beautiful indoor and outdoor dining space. The prefix menu for ~$35 comes with an app, main and dessert - I had the striped bass and it was delicious! Note that a lot of families come here with their children...at least when we were there for early dinner. There was more than one screeching baby, but suppose you deal with that if you go to dinner before 6PM! (We were starved) Enjoy fresh farm-to-table fare and delicious and inventive cocktails. Service was very friendly and helpful, but just a little slow at times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful farm to tableMelStatenIslandDined on 8/21/2014The place is an adorable corner place. It was beautiful out so we sat outside. The waitstaff was very nice and helpful. When I wasn't sure which wine to order he brought me out two generous tastings. My fiancé ordered a strong manhattan. We ordered from a pre fix $35 menu. Absolutely gorgeous and delicious. Additionally we ordered a half order of pasta for another app. Not required but the man next to is ordered it and it smelt delicious. My bass was cooked beautifully and my fiancé's meat was tender and wonderful. The desserts were a great touch, banana ice cream and a selection of ice cream and sorbet. There was parking right on the street and the neighborhood is of course a nice place. We really enjoyed this place and recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh food and great servicecbbinnycDined on 8/8/2014I took my girlfriend here for her birthday and I was not disappointed. The food was fresh and delicious (try the slider appetizer!) and the service was excellent. It's definitely on the expensive side, so I won't be going back here regularly, but for special occasions (or if you have deep pockets) it's a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful mid summer weekday lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014The visit to Stone Park Cafe for lunch was part of a day off in Brooklyn visiting Botanical Garden & Brooklyn Museum. Excellent food, pleasant service & a lovely summer outdoor setting. LookSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ReturnJaneDined on 8/7/2014We returned to the SPC for our second visit and it was as great as our first. The food was delicious and the best Bronzini ever. There was an ample wine list from which to choose.Try one of their special cocktails. We had a French 75 which was so refreshing during the summer. Our waiter was excellent and the maître d' very helpful in getting us car service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful experaniceRoblaroDined on 8/6/2014All of our dishes were delicious! We had steak, pasta and fish. This was our first time there and would recommend this to any one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous, Romantic and DeliciousScoutDined on 7/31/2014This was our first visit after hearing rave reviews. We chose it for my birthday and we were thrilled to sit outside on the lovely terrace, as it was very loud inside. It's a perfect place for a special occasion (expensive!), the food was well prepared, inventive, fresh ingredients and stunning presentation. The wine list was impressively extensive, our server was well versed and helped us pick a perfect accompaniment for our main courses. Okay, so now the bad part-the service was SO SLOW. Again, it was romantic and relaxing, but we had to inquire about every course & about our bottle of rosé that had been stashed away to remain chilled - every time we'd sit there with empty glasses, finally we just kept it with us, sweating on the table.Special Features:
- E'rythng was d-licious!rhythmationDined on 7/31/2014Brussel salad, Corn Bisque, Hangar steak, banana ice cream w shortbread! mwah!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and wine!WineFoodieDined on 7/20/2014One of New York's gems, Stone Park offers diners moderately priced gourmet meals , well worth the trip to Park Slope! In addition to fabulous special menu options, the standard menu won't disappoint. Coupled with that a wine list that rivals any in NYC, and you should prepare yourself for a memorable culinary experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Friendly ServicecaswanDined on 7/19/2014Went for Dinner and we all had GREAT meals! No matter what you order it will be fabulous....Definitely will be back!Special Features:
- Pleasantly Surprised...hungryallthetimeDined on 7/13/2014I recently dined here on a sunday night for my birthday. This is vital information because of two reasons. First, I have dined at Stone Park three times previously and DID NOT enjoy it. The servers were obnoxious and rude, and my food was served room temperature each time. Second, my family (a party of 10) wanted to do my birthday brunch there and I nixed the idea based on my past experiences and we ate elsewhere. Later in the day however, when hunger raised it's vicious head, I decided to give Stone Park another try. We arrived to a quiet restaurant with few diners inside and had a good time. Service was great and the food was good. Great Job Stone Park! Thanks for changing a hard core cynics mind...Special Features:
- Creative dishes!tokiannDined on 7/11/2014Loved the scallop & marrow tacos and the squid ink tagliatelle.Special Features:
- Good, but not memorableDanBVIPDined on 6/28/2014All the food was good and well prepared, but lacked the memorable, and interesting flavors of other nearby restaurants like Al Di La.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kci222Dined on 6/25/2014Truly exemplary food. One of my favorite spots in all of New York City.Special Features:
- Almost...satiableDined on 6/21/2014Stone Park has always been a moderately priced and inventive sophisticate on the Park Slope scene. Cocktails, wine list, and food are all above average, and sometimes inspired. Service, which used to be outstanding, was struggling on a recent Saturday night. Let's hope this is an anomaly; it would be sad to think Stone Park is losing it's edge.Special Features:
- An Evening with my daughterCinderellaDined on 6/20/2014My daughter lives in Brooklyn. We were spending the weekend together. We went to Park Slope to have dinner. I LOVED the area as well as the food. Portions aren't generous, but that's perfectly fine for us. There were many choices on the menu which we loved so it was hard for us to choose. I would say that the ONLY con was that it was a bit salty. The presentation was superb too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!BobbyjiVIPDined on 6/9/2014I was taken there for my birthday and it was wonderful. Great menu, great gourmet choices, wait staff just terrific. We're returning. Lived it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- annmarieVIPDined on 6/5/2014Loved it Service great. Staff was very friendly and good food would come back to this fine placeSpecial Features:
- Wonderful!almin1204VIPDined on 6/3/2014I was really delighted of going back to Stone Park Café, after so long, and find their menu has really stepped up. All course were excellent! My steak was too salty but they remade and waive off the charge. Waiter Tim was outstanding and very friendly. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a Brooklyn FavebonmanVIPDined on 6/1/2014My friend and I spent a whole day in Brooklyn... Museum, Botanic Garden and a stroll through Park Slope. We had an early reservation and sat outside soaking the in the beauty of the start of the summer. Scallop and Marrow Tacos were amazingly delightful. My friend had their burger and I was able grab a bite. Delish! I had the rabbit pasta which was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place in Park SlopeEllieDined on 5/27/2014Warm ambiance and nice decor. Must try the Scallop and Marrow Tacos. Loved the Black Pepper Pappardelle. Definitely finish off the meal with the Coconut Sorbet. Overall, a very good meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brooklyn special.fatherknowsbestDined on 5/25/2014Great food. Great ambience. Great service.Great location with outdoor dining or inside with the doors open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 398 reviews are from the Stone Park Cafe reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/21/2014We had a thoroughly enjoyable dining experience. It was the perfect venue to accommodate the fussiness of two children and the fine dining preference of the adults. Delicious food with an informal atmosphere, and the staff were very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 5/20/2014We had friends in from California don't eat meat. All of the fish dishes were excellent especially the cod. Lobster bisque was fabulous and that bread was wonderful. It was our first time but will surely be back. BTW the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great food in the SlopeandromedaDined on 5/16/2014Very pleased with our first visit to Stone Park. Front/bar room where we sat had big windows. Unusual but delicious (marrow and scallops) appetizers and entrees plus well executed standards. The menu was a little smaller than expected but there were couple of specials and I expect the menu is updated regularly for repeat diners. Extensive wine list with a nice range of prices. Loved the music selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always PerfectVeggieMomVIPDined on 5/16/2014Stone Park is the fave neighborhood joint every nabe deserves. Perfect in every way - great food, cocktails, service - never a misstepSpecial Features:
- Worth a VisitBKLYN7Dined on 5/13/2014My wife & I have dined at Stone Park Cafe a number of times over the past 2 years. The service is always great and the prices are reasonable. This time my wife ordered off the Daily Market Menu (Cod) and I had the Leg of Lamb. Both meals were tasty and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, again!Jay23Dined on 5/7/2014Every visit to SPC is excellent. The staff is exceptionally courteous and accommodating and the food is always excellent. It is my first choice for lunch, and dinner is just as great! Very well done!Special Features:
- Visiting BrooklynSherryDined on 4/26/2014My husband, son, and I had dinner at the Stone Park Cafe and thought it was outstanding except for the noise level. It was early evening so there were quite a few kids dining with their parents. We really don't mind this at all but the overall noise was exceptionally loud. The food and service were outstanding and we would definitely go back the next time we're in Brooklyn.Special Features:
- Lunch treasurePerfectpasta53Dined on 4/23/2014I recently had a wonderful lunch at an unfussy yet seasoned cafe . It was such a pleasant experience where you felt like you were in such good hands. I usually don't order pasta because my husband makes it at home but I could resist their Swiss chard raviolini. It was amazing! Our server was invisible but nurturing and professional . I can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.