Stone Korean Kitchen
4 Embarcadero Center
San Francisco, CA 94111Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Stone Korean Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonekoreankitchen.com/
- Phone: 4158394070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00AM - 2:30PM
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00PM - 9:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Terry Lim
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Delivery, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine
A word from Stone Korean Kitchen
Experience modern Korean cuisine in a casual, inviting atmosphere. Our dishes are inspired by traditional Korean comfort foods from our family kitchens, and are created using the freshest local produce and highest quality meats. Menu highlights include our original hot stone rice bowls, chicken wings, home made dumplings, savory pancakes, spicy stews, short ribs, and Korean rib eye sandwich.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Stone Korean Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Financial District / Embarcadero ›
Stone Korean Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.2Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (14)great for outdoor dining (10)fit for foodies (7)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (6)scenic view (6)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Good taste, C+ serviceScandyDined on 9/12/2014Food was good (holy hell that stone bowl was hotsy totsy), but the waiter forgot to bring out appetizers, they crammed our 7 person reservation into a 4 person table, and then did not put in two of our orders. Granted, it was lunch hour on a Friday, but still. They did strike the appetizers that didn't come out and comp us for the two meals that arrived as we signed the check, but it was a little too late. Also, this time I went, the restaurant was very loud (I never notice this)and I found myself having to pseudo-yell across the table. Would come back, but with a smaller group (or just 2 people).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Group Lunch OutsideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/10/2014Great Service, nice view on a nice day, tasty food.Special Features:
- Great lunch with groupStevieRayDined on 8/22/2014We had a few appetizers (Green Beans, Calamari, Angry Tuna), they were all excellent. Everyone had a different thing for lunch and we all liked our meals a lot. A winner. Service was not terrible, but it took time before we got our orders taken, and then to take care of the check. Food came out in a timely fashion once we ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014I came with a friend to use the Free Entree claim that Stone Korean Kitchen sent out. The waitress was super nice, didn't give me any weird attitude when we took out the claim coupon. We also ordered some Happy Hour special. We didn't even know they had Happy Hours there. The waitress was nice to explain what the Happy Hour included. The food was yummy. The service was great. The deal was pretty good. Will definitely come back!Special Features:
- Happy Hour = Saves MoneyNickVIPDined on 8/7/2014Came here for happy hour, the appetizer and drinks are half off. The only down side is that the grilled skewers portiin size is so small.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreadinerDined on 7/17/2014Mediocre food, nothing particularly Korean about it, service was very slow.
- Good food with ample servingsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014The servings were ample and the flavors were good. Not everything was quite traditional Korean flavors, but very close. The staff seemed to be crazy busy with what appeared to be only two people working the entire house. We chose to sit inside (chilly evening) but many patrons were dining outside as well. The staff did their best to keep up with all of the guests, but more staff would have been well used.Special Features:
- Sake bombs!NickVIPDined on 6/26/2014The food is your normal korean dish, nothing special. Make sure to come during happy hour for half off drinks. Their mango drink taste like pineapple or banana, not mango but still good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!SFfromOakDined on 6/12/2014We went here for my sons 8th birthday as he LOVES the kids sliders with the Korean meat and there were 7 of us! Everything we had was great - fried green beans, calamari, dumplings, bi bim pop, special noodles with shrimp and another with spicy pork. The sides were also delicious. We ended up being there at happy hour where all the drinks were 1/2 off (except for one beer)- a bonus. The wait staff went above and beyond to make our sons b-day complete by (unbeknown to us) going to a store to get ice cream to surprise him. We all came out happy and full!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/9/2014Food and portions are decent. I would go back again and I have. So I would definitely recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/7/2014Food was good and they did not rush us out of the restaurant. We were a group of 4 catching up after not seeing each other for two years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/6/2014don't eat there! everything was not good, except the tea. Wings were dry, only 2 wings rest were drumsticks; seafood pancakes were doughy pancake no taste; angry tuna - scary tuna! Even traditional dishes - recommended by the wait person - were just not good at all.
- great bi bim bopbenhurDined on 5/30/2014i've been here a handful of times for lunch with co-workers and friends. i'll definitely be back. i'm looking forward to trying the other menu items.Special Features:
- Happy Hour was greatUpesVIPDined on 5/23/2014Great for happy hour with half off apps, which was a substantial list, and BOGO beer and wine. Only downside was that all the Korean side dishes weren't brought out as they normally do with the regular dinner.Special Features:
- The following 42 reviews are from the Stone Korean Kitchen reviews archive.
- Work Team Lunchheidy52Dined on 5/19/2014Went to Stone Korean Kitchen for a work team lunch, comprised of 7 people. Everyone enjoyed it, but one person said it was not authentic Korean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/9/2014Food was good but very noisy and it wasn't even that crowded.Special Features:
- NoisyKennDined on 5/5/2014The food was mediocre; nothing special. However, the noise level was deafening when the crowd showed up. You literally have to shout to be heard from 5 feet away. Not a problem for me, but certainly not a place to have a conversation or meeting.
- Good food, but very loudJordanDined on 4/11/2014We originally scheduled a group of seven, but only had six when we showed up. We were seated immediately and the table was very comfortable. Food was very good, and everything was brought out piping hot. My biggest issue with the restaurant was simply the noise level, which was extremely high (we were eating in the noon hour). At times it made it difficult to hear each other.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- force you to make a reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/25/2014Show up for lunch at 11:45. Place is empty yet tables are reserved. I have no reservation so I can't get seated. The wait is over 20 mins says hostess . I make a reservation on open table for noon while im standing in front of the host and I get seated righted away. Wtf? Ok seated thanks but that was weird.
- Food Good, but don't be in a rushOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/19/2014Pleasant interior and the flavors of the dishes are rather unique so this is a great place to go in the Financial District for something a little "different". Service has always been on the slow side so you won't often get out of there in an hour. There must have been some turnover in staff this last visit--I didn't see the usual servers. Service was under par--slow to refill water/tea, even when asked. Hopefully they'll work out the routine and get better.Special Features:
- Good lunch spot for work daysOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2014Like the Bi Bim Bap bowls. Very tasty. Don't forget the hot sauce !!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's like wall street.iAmHungryDined on 3/7/2014The place is so noisy during lunch. It is like wall street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food, slow servicemikeDined on 3/5/2014Food was good. Service was slow. I think only one waitress was working.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent food qualityCityGirlVIPDined on 12/20/2013Have dined here many times over the years because it's the only place that serves Korean dishes in a sit-down setting. The ban-chan (little side dishes) while tasty, were not replenished this time. All my past dines here (lunch and dinner) included replenishment of the ban-chan. Perhaps they were too busy to offer this time. Hoping that next time, the replenishment will be offered.
- love this place. been hereemmababyVIPDined on 11/4/2013love this place. been here for couple times since last month the first time visited.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service, but NOISY!TerryDined on 10/29/2013My work team came here for lunch and really couldn't hear over the noise level in the restaurant, but it died down a little after 1:00. The food was terrific, as was the service, and I imagine on a warmer day that eating outside would have been enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They don't provide a teaAlexDined on 10/26/2013I have go with my friends and this restaurant taste is sweet (not salty,and not spicy), I, personally love salty and spicy foods like other Korean restaurant. The only one I didn't like this place is they don't provide any hot tea.I love hot tea .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No rice in rice bowlsjhk5900Dined on 9/14/2013The signature dish was not hot, did not have the crunchy rice or the amount of rice as advertised and as we had last visited. I took my family and was disappointed. My first weekday lunch time meal was much better than the Saturday evening.
- Great spot for a quick bite.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/15/2013Great spot for a quick bite. Good food and a good location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Good FoodPaulaVIPDined on 6/27/2013We enjoy eating at Stone Korean Kitchen in the Embarcadero. The restaurant is not fancy, but the food is very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!AquariusSFDined on 6/10/2013Wonderful way to experience an abundance of flavors and hearty food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/20/2013We enjoyed our food very much - a really flavorful bulgogi and bi bim bap, along with wings and dumplings. Restaurant has a small but very nice selection of wines too. I'm so glad we stopped in, and we'll definitely visit again when we go to SF.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we were there (2 adults, 4August2014Dined on 2/1/2013we were there (2 adults, 4 children) on a Friday night at 5:30pm which was still at a quiet time at the restaurant. We were dining primarily for the kidsand orderd the small plates, and a main entree. Kids enjoyed the meal.Special Features:
- Wonderful service great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/28/2013Wonderful service great food. Simple yet great for a nice evening out with your significant other.Special Features:
- The veggie stone bowl bibimbapOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/17/2012The veggie stone bowl bibimbap is a gluten free vegan's idea of heaven! I witnessed it myself, when my gluten free vegan friend finally ate his fill at a meal out! But this true omnivore loves it, too. And the chicken was delicious, too. Just wish the dining room weren't so cold and not-so-inviting. Still, that doesn't keep us from coming here occasionally. Nice to have a good, fresh Korean restaurant in the financial district.Special Features:
- Taco Tuesday!hkshopjunkieDined on 6/12/2012Taco Tuesday from 4-7pm and the beef bulgogi is delicious, perfect combo with beef.Special Features:
- Ribs were tasty, but the porkRepeatDinerDined on 4/16/2012Ribs were tasty, but the pork belly was very tough and unedible. That was a waste of money.
- Whenever I eat at Stone KoreanMichelinStarHunterVIPDined on 4/7/2012Whenever I eat at Stone Korean Kitchen, I always say to myself: This place has so much more potential. The food isn't bad; it's good, but it could be better. To begin, the 4 small plates of "kimchi" that we got even before we placed our order were not exactly "fresh," nor were they as flavorful as they could be. The bean sprouts were kinda limp and, well, that goes for the rest. I ordered "the Krazy Korean" which is two angus beef patties atop of rice, and topped off with 2 over easy eggs. It comes out on a sizzling stone bowl, which is the best part. But the flavor? Again, it wasn't bad, it just could be better. In fact, half way through my consumption, I had to add a lot of the chili paste for flavor. Would I come back? Probably.
- Probably the most AmericanizedMaggieCVIPDined on 3/19/2012Probably the most Americanized Korean food I've had. Definitely not worth going or trying. Too expensive for the quality and limited variety.
- Try the flavored sojuSouthcityCAVIPDined on 1/14/2012Another great meal! Side dishes are excellent. The flavored Soju was a BIG hit = try them!!! Yogurt is my favorite!Special Features: