50 Stirling Road
Warren, NJ 07060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonehouseatstirlingridge.com/
- Phone: 9087541222
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jerry Villa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: email@example.com (866)683-3586
- Entertainment: Live jazz Friday & Saturday night as well as Sunday brunch.
Reservation Confirmation Message: Thank you for dining at Stone House!
- Special Events: Cocktail Classes
Learn how to make cocktails like a Pro! Contact us to find out when the next class will be!
For reservations or more information:
Call 908.754.1222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from Stone House
A captivating blend of rustic cabin and city chic, Stone House at Stirling Ridge is the newest venture of Landmark Hospitality. Stone House is an expansive restaurant and special events facility nestled in the hills of the Watchung Mountains that offers spectacular views of the scenic countryside. From the distressed steel, glass-enclosed two-story wine tower, and wood-burning fireplace, this artfully designed space sets an elegant yet decidedly cozy ambiance. Enjoy exquisite cuisine, professional staff, and an extensive wine list.Continued
Starting 11/05/12 due to Hurricane Sandy
Stone House Restaurant has power and we are open. We welcome walk-ins and are excepting reservations. We look forward to seeing you.
Starting 11/05/12 due to Hurricane Sandy
Stone House Restaurant has power and we are open. We welcome walk-ins and are excepting reservations. We look forward to seeing you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stone House - Best Restaurants in Warren ›
Stone House reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (130)special occasion (98)romantic (85)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (63)scenic view (49)notable wine list (42)vibrant bar scene (30)great for brunch (29)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (25)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (8)great for lunch (8)Show More
- hidden gemfoxmulDined on 9/14/2014We had an excellent time. Amazing food. a little expensive but worth it. The little bag you take home at the end was a very cool touch.Special Features:
- kitchen and other issuesBgmanDined on 9/13/2014We have been to the restaurant ywo other times and it was very good. But this week our filet mignons came out extremely undercooked (medium well as rare) and no spoon was brought with our soup and when asked for a spoon the bus boy gave attitude and said "IN A MINUTE". Weve never experienced this before at any restaurant.
- 1 yr After stone house weddingMichyDined on 9/13/2014Parents of bride and groom celebrated their children's 1 yr anniversary without their children! Went for sentimental reasons to re-experience the joy of the day. Carissa the wedding coordinator stopped by to chat which was very nice. However service could have been better. Waitress seemed inexperienced by Stone House standards and bar music was overpowering. Still had a fun night. The place is gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and view but eh foodJBeeeDined on 9/12/2014Amazing location. So cute outside atmosphere. Service was perfect. Food was eh. Skirt steak was chewy and mashed potatoes cold and didn't even taste real. Almost like powdered mixed with some butter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- an enjoyable eveningHappytoeatoutDined on 9/9/2014This is a very pretty restaurant in a beautiful setting. The food is very good although not stellar. Service is attentive, and the little bag of cookies as you leave is a nice touch. It seems like going on the early side is desirable as the noise level seems to rise as the restaurant becomes more crowded. The prices, while not outlandish, are definitely on the high side, which would make Stone House a better choice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpriceddisappointedDined on 9/7/2014My fiance and I went there for dinner to sample some of the food for our upcoming wedding reception. The staff was friendly and accommodating, but the food was nothing special and over priced. The appetizers were not very tasty. The $16 burger I ordered (the least expensive item I could find) was raw inside. I had ordered it to be cooked medium. It was a good thing I cut the burger in half before I started eating it. Had to send it back. My fiance order 6 oysters for $18. Although the ambiance was pleasant, we won't be back again.Special Features:
- Deliciously PerfectAllsWellDined on 9/7/2014From start to finish -- a thoroughly satisfying and soul-lifting experience!Special Features:
- Very disappointedJandKDDined on 9/6/2014Several people had recommended this restaurant, however, one of my friends tells me afterwards that she was not impressed, and we certainly were not either. There was definitely something up with our waiter but we couldn't quite figure out what. He either didn't speak to us at all, or spoke so softly we couldn't even hear him. He never checked to see how our meal was or asked if we needed anything until he was bringing the check. We had to ask a passing employee for pepper for both the appetizer and main course. We spent much of the evening talking about how bad our server was, and for an upscale restaurant we expected so much more. The food was nice and we would try this restaurant again to see if we have a different experience next time.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014I would highly recommend this restaurant especially for the atmosphere. Inside was as pretty as outside. Food was great, drinks plentiful and happy staff. I would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service -Off food night24dinnerDined on 9/3/2014Eating out a lot I have noted that is you go to your "favorite" restaurant 10 times at least once or hopefully not twice something will not measure up to the usual excellence. This was the most recent case where the oysters we ordered were bad ...The folks were very apologetic and naturally did not charge us for the oysters. The server (SETH) was outstanding, knew the menu and gave great recommendations both food and wine. We will go back as this was obviously an off nightSpecial Features:
- Perfect birthday celebrationKnittergirlDined on 8/31/2014Beautiful surroundings, decor of stone & wood, white candles on chandeliers. Everything was delicious: margherita pizza to share among 4 plus appetizers of fried calamari, wonderful crab cake, dense with meat & no filler, & salads. 2 of us had filet mignon; the medium-well was more like medium (but fine with the person who ordered it ) & the medium was too rare in the center. Rather than send it back, I knew I would bring half of it home so it would be fine when reheated.There was no problem subbing truffle parm fries for roasted potatoes.The other 2 diners chose the rainbow trout special & the swordfish & were both very pleased. We had an extra side of mac & cheese. Desserts great!Cookies upon leaving a nice touch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/31/2014Went for Brunch. Everyone loved their meals. Service was very good. Want to try it for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice evening, food was OKMolegsDined on 8/30/2014The restaurant is gorgeous and I had high expectations due to the ambiance. The food was average and rather over priced for the quality. You're really paying for the fact that the restaurant design, architecture, etc. is gorgeous. Service was average.Special Features:
- Must go sit outsideScottyVIPDined on 8/30/2014Outside dining area in the summer is exceptional. We loves every minute of it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do Not MissluvgoodfoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014We were beyond impressed with everything from the grounds, food & service. Their outside is like nothing we had ever been to. It had the most unique table that floated food around using a lazy river. If you want to bring kids, they have a large fire pit where you can make your own s'mores. For sports fans, there was ample seating with a large TV screen near the bar. If you want to relax and hear live music, they have that too! Stone House was equally beautiful on the inside. The food was exceptional and I cannot wait to not only go back, but to try their other locations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, mediocre everything elseJd45Dined on 8/30/2014Service was very slow. Small portions of just ok food. Considering the prices they charge, many better alternatives. I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- Excellent night outJMCuccDined on 8/30/2014We had a lovely evening at Stonehouse. We ate outside where a band was playing great music, and the sun was setting. The food was amazing and the drinks even better. We look forward to going back soon.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsTharaDined on 8/29/2014I enjoyed the Chicken Liver Appetizer. My husband had the crab cakes which was delicious. The Short Rib entree was off the bone yummy. My friend had the Salmon Entree which was dry. I had the Lamp for entree, it was 2-bone in pieces, a lot of fat and bone not much meat. the wild rice on the side was moderate. We had the Rhubarb with oats and vanilla ice cream, was too sweet and very buttery & liquid.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to hang outAngieBDined on 8/27/2014Good food. Nice outdoor scene. Wod totally recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedEricVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time at Stone House; food quality was mediocre at best and portions were very small, but the prices are high. Nice ambiance and very friendly wait staff. Was disappointed and probably won't be back....
- Great findMamagoggleDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit and we were all impressed. The restaurant is very pretty with inside and outside dining. The wine list is extensive and the wine is stored in a lovely glass tower. The menu contains a lot of locally sourcd food and some unusual items (boar ribs, white sweet potato mash). The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Service…AGAIN!!MrsOTUDined on 8/17/2014Service gets worse & worse. A shame because I used to love coming here. Waiter/waitress just disappears. We were only 1 of 2 tables inside! Place was EMPTY---so I can't imagine where the heck our waiter went. Son asked for steak sandwich withOUT the onions. Came smothered in onions. We finished our brunch entrees, then sat with empty plates for about 35 minutes. We couldn't even find a server to ask where ours was! Was like they all went home. When he finally took our coffee & dessert order, the coffee came out, we sat for 20 minutes & drank our coffee, then the desserts came out? When S'mores desserts arrived brownies were SWIMMING in pool of completely melted ice cream. Clearly been sitting out waiting to be picked up! Each was a $10 mess
- Great foodNSK8510Dined on 8/16/2014Food was very good. Came out fast. Outdoor chairs were not comfortable. Service fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencedin4allDined on 8/12/2014Delicious cuisine, great waiter, beautiful surroundings....recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLondipopDined on 8/10/2014I'd been looking forward to brunch at the Stonehouse for sometime. I had the pleasure of attending a private event brunch and couldn't wait to go back. Everything was delicious, the staff was attentive and courteous. The food was served promptly and was as fresh and appealing as I'd remembered. Our experience was made even better by the live jazz band that accompanied our meal. I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Terrible Service/Mediocre FoodLizzy001Dined on 8/9/2014The service at this restaurant is terrible. After waiting 25 minutes for a waiter to come to our table, my husband had to go up to the bar and get our drinks then complained to the hostess that no one had come to wait on us. Finally a waiter came over and took our order. Our dinner was out within 10 minutes of placing the order and the food was less than mediocre. This was supposed to be a nice restaurant and it turned out to be very disappointing. We have had better food at a diner. We will not be going back and I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Beautiful nightFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great appetizers. Had the spicy tuna roll, salmon sushi, and calamari. For dinner chicken Milanese, and filet with parmesean fries. Fries were awesome. Chicken a little bland but steak was delicious. Loved sitting outside. Great ambiance and band was fun. Some people got up to dance. Will definately go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerSandyBlazinDined on 8/8/2014My fiance's co-workers recommended this restaurant to us for our Anniversary and we decided to check it out. Before you get into the restaurant, the location was breath taking. The service was great, the food was great and we had a fun time. The ambiance set the perfect mood for all the surprises my fiance has planned out for me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Fun NightMamaDDined on 8/8/2014We sat outdoors at Stone House on a beautiful Friday night. There was a 3 piece soft rock band playing in the background at just the right volume. We were with 1 other couple. We started with cocktails - all good. Then ordered a number of appetizers and dishes to share with the table. The cheese plate, baby clams with chorizo, kale and spinach salad, ribs, short rib pizza, soft shell crab sushi roll, all delicious! The wait staff was happy to accommodate us by bringing the food out a few dishes at a time. After dinner we had s'mores at the fire pit table and continued to enjoy the music. All around, a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, food and serviceElisaDined on 8/8/2014Some friends and I had a drink at the outdoor bar and dinner outside on a recent Friday night. A small band playing but the music was not overpowering. A couple of slips in the service .. no sugar served with the coffee (and not long after it did arrive it was taken away for another table), a second serving of bread was not offered (that may be policy, but I prefer to serve myself anyway, rather than have it tonged to me from a tray), second drinks were not offered (we may not have taken them) and I don't understand why we couldn't put our bar tab on our dinner bill. But really, these are minor things in the grand scheme. Food was nicely prepared and presented, arrived hot, David the waiter was friendly and helpful - a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful scenerybearInWoodsDined on 8/2/2014The food was very tasty and well-presented. The outdoor seating provided a pleasant view. Live music added to the ambience.Special Features:
- Food was OK, service was poorNJTomVIPDined on 8/1/2014Servers were inexperienced. Our waiter stopped in the middle of taking our order to do something else and then cam back. One of the busboys reached over the whole table to take a plate off the table. .The appetizers took way too long to come out. The portions were skimpy. They had the nerve to charge an extra $1.00 for ice in a cocktail will not return - too many better optionsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!pepsigalDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went for our 27th Wedding Anniversary....it was a beautiful experience and extremely enjoyable. I raved about it to all my friends and colleagues!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceBriMic5Dined on 7/31/2014We came to Stone House for our 4th anniversary. The staff truly made our dinner a memorable experience. They surprised us with a personalized menu, complimentary glasses of champagne and a wonderful table in the back garden area. The ambiance was spectacular and there was even a local jazz band playing. It was so romantic. My husband and I used to come here often when we lived in Watchung. However, we've since moved out of state and still make the effort to come back for our anniversary each year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellentPolarisDined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed everything. Waiter was cordial, and warm always available for additional requests or questions. Table help kept water glasses filled and table clean. Excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasion!EddieDined on 7/23/2014Our experience here was quite good. The outdoor bar was a nice place to enjoy a drink before dinner. They made excellent drinks, some with homemade ingredients, including a uniquely spicy ginger beer for a Dark & Stormy. The dinner was quite good with food well prepared and an attentive server. Since it was an anniversary for my wife and me, they gave us special menus and the staff all mentioned it, even in passing. Well done to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just fairOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Two of us went on a weeknight, not crowded, but service was slow and waiter forgetful though polite. Like the refill for a glass of wine that never came, and a side dish that had to be re-requested when the entree came without it. Flatiron steak ordered medium rare, came out very rare. This is not on my A list.
- GrammyDined on 7/20/2014Went with family and friends to celebrate a birthday. We dined outdoors and enjoyed live music. The ambiance was outstanding and made for a very special night. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. Portions were a little on the small side but the food was delicious. I would highly recommend The Stone House for a special event or perhaps just a romantic dinner for two. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceChrisDined on 7/20/2014Our service was excellent and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The jazz band during brunch on a Sunday is a nice touch! A great place to host friends and family for a special occasion. The homemade ice cream was delish. I will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Good with potential to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is in a very nice setting and has a great style about it. The menu is good to very good, and stands out above the average place in New Jersey. It has a great indoor space and also outdoor space but the seating outside especially the two tops where the chairs have slats are very uncomfortable. The service was pleasant and professional but could be a little more attentive, given the number of service people I sense management was really who wasn't being attentive. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features: