50 Stirling Road
Warren, NJ 07060Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonehouseatstirlingridge.com/
- Phone: 9087541222
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jerry Villa
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: .
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (866)683-3586
- Entertainment: Live jazz Friday & Saturday night as well as Sunday brunch.
Reservation Confirmation Message: Thank you for dining at Stone House!
- Special Events: Cocktail Classes
Learn how to make cocktails like a Pro! Contact us to find out when the next class will be!
For reservations or more information:
Call 908.754.1222 or email email@example.com
A word from Stone House
A captivating blend of rustic cabin and city chic, Stone House at Stirling Ridge is the newest venture of Landmark Hospitality. Stone House is an expansive restaurant and special events facility nestled in the hills of the Watchung Mountains that offers spectacular views of the scenic countryside. From the distressed steel, glass-enclosed two-story wine tower, and wood-burning fireplace, this artfully designed space sets an elegant yet decidedly cozy ambiance. Enjoy exquisite cuisine, professional staff, and an extensive wine list.Continued
Starting 11/05/12 due to Hurricane Sandy
Stone House Restaurant has power and we are open. We welcome walk-ins and are excepting reservations. We look forward to seeing you.
Starting 11/05/12 due to Hurricane Sandy
Stone House Restaurant has power and we are open. We welcome walk-ins and are excepting reservations. We look forward to seeing you.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stone House - Best Restaurants in Warren ›
Stone House reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (114)special occasion (89)romantic (73)good for groups (66)fit for foodies (53)scenic view (49)notable wine list (37)great for brunch (29)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (25)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (11)great for lunch (9)late-night find (9)Show More
- DisappointedEricVIPDined on 8/23/2014First time at Stone House; food quality was mediocre at best and portions were very small, but the prices are high. Nice ambiance and very friendly wait staff. Was disappointed and probably won't be back....
- Great findMamagoggleDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit and we were all impressed. The restaurant is very pretty with inside and outside dining. The wine list is extensive and the wine is stored in a lovely glass tower. The menu contains a lot of locally sourcd food and some unusual items (boar ribs, white sweet potato mash). The service was excellent and the food was delicious. We will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Service…AGAIN!!MrsOTUDined on 8/17/2014Service gets worse & worse. A shame because I used to love coming here. Waiter/waitress just disappears. We were only 1 of 2 tables inside! Place was EMPTY---so I can't imagine where the heck our waiter went. Son asked for steak sandwich withOUT the onions. Came smothered in onions. We finished our brunch entrees, then sat with empty plates for about 35 minutes. We couldn't even find a server to ask where ours was! Was like they all went home. When he finally took our coffee & dessert order, the coffee came out, we sat for 20 minutes & drank our coffee, then the desserts came out? When S'mores desserts arrived brownies were SWIMMING in pool of completely melted ice cream. Clearly been sitting out waiting to be picked up! Each was a $10 mess
- Great foodNSK8510Dined on 8/16/2014Food was very good. Came out fast. Outdoor chairs were not comfortable. Service fairSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful experiencedin4allDined on 8/12/2014Delicious cuisine, great waiter, beautiful surroundings....recommend it highlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LovelyLondipopDined on 8/10/2014I'd been looking forward to brunch at the Stonehouse for sometime. I had the pleasure of attending a private event brunch and couldn't wait to go back. Everything was delicious, the staff was attentive and courteous. The food was served promptly and was as fresh and appealing as I'd remembered. Our experience was made even better by the live jazz band that accompanied our meal. I'll be back again.Special Features:
- Terrible Service/Mediocre FoodLizzy001Dined on 8/9/2014The service at this restaurant is terrible. After waiting 25 minutes for a waiter to come to our table, my husband had to go up to the bar and get our drinks then complained to the hostess that no one had come to wait on us. Finally a waiter came over and took our order. Our dinner was out within 10 minutes of placing the order and the food was less than mediocre. This was supposed to be a nice restaurant and it turned out to be very disappointing. We have had better food at a diner. We will not be going back and I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.
- Beautiful nightFoodieDined on 8/8/2014Great appetizers. Had the spicy tuna roll, salmon sushi, and calamari. For dinner chicken Milanese, and filet with parmesean fries. Fries were awesome. Chicken a little bland but steak was delicious. Loved sitting outside. Great ambiance and band was fun. Some people got up to dance. Will definately go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Fun NightMamaDDined on 8/8/2014We sat outdoors at Stone House on a beautiful Friday night. There was a 3 piece soft rock band playing in the background at just the right volume. We were with 1 other couple. We started with cocktails - all good. Then ordered a number of appetizers and dishes to share with the table. The cheese plate, baby clams with chorizo, kale and spinach salad, ribs, short rib pizza, soft shell crab sushi roll, all delicious! The wait staff was happy to accommodate us by bringing the food out a few dishes at a time. After dinner we had s'mores at the fire pit table and continued to enjoy the music. All around, a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar, food and serviceElisaDined on 8/8/2014Some friends and I had a drink at the outdoor bar and dinner outside on a recent Friday night. A small band playing but the music was not overpowering. A couple of slips in the service .. no sugar served with the coffee (and not long after it did arrive it was taken away for another table), a second serving of bread was not offered (that may be policy, but I prefer to serve myself anyway, rather than have it tonged to me from a tray), second drinks were not offered (we may not have taken them) and I don't understand why we couldn't put our bar tab on our dinner bill. But really, these are minor things in the grand scheme. Food was nicely prepared and presented, arrived hot, David the waiter was friendly and helpful - a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was OK, service was poorNJTomVIPDined on 8/1/2014Servers were inexperienced. Our waiter stopped in the middle of taking our order to do something else and then cam back. One of the busboys reached over the whole table to take a plate off the table. .The appetizers took way too long to come out. The portions were skimpy. They had the nerve to charge an extra $1.00 for ice in a cocktail will not return - too many better optionsSpecial Features:
- Fantastic!pepsigalDined on 8/1/2014My husband and I went for our 27th Wedding Anniversary....it was a beautiful experience and extremely enjoyable. I raved about it to all my friends and colleagues!Special Features:
- Wonderful dining experienceBriMic5Dined on 7/31/2014We came to Stone House for our 4th anniversary. The staff truly made our dinner a memorable experience. They surprised us with a personalized menu, complimentary glasses of champagne and a wonderful table in the back garden area. The ambiance was spectacular and there was even a local jazz band playing. It was so romantic. My husband and I used to come here often when we lived in Watchung. However, we've since moved out of state and still make the effort to come back for our anniversary each year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food and service was excellentPolarisDined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed everything. Waiter was cordial, and warm always available for additional requests or questions. Table help kept water glasses filled and table clean. Excellent experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a special occasion!EddieDined on 7/23/2014Our experience here was quite good. The outdoor bar was a nice place to enjoy a drink before dinner. They made excellent drinks, some with homemade ingredients, including a uniquely spicy ginger beer for a Dark & Stormy. The dinner was quite good with food well prepared and an attentive server. Since it was an anniversary for my wife and me, they gave us special menus and the staff all mentioned it, even in passing. Well done to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just fairOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/23/2014Two of us went on a weeknight, not crowded, but service was slow and waiter forgetful though polite. Like the refill for a glass of wine that never came, and a side dish that had to be re-requested when the entree came without it. Flatiron steak ordered medium rare, came out very rare. This is not on my A list.
- GrammyDined on 7/20/2014Went with family and friends to celebrate a birthday. We dined outdoors and enjoyed live music. The ambiance was outstanding and made for a very special night. Our server was knowledgeable and friendly. Portions were a little on the small side but the food was delicious. I would highly recommend The Stone House for a special event or perhaps just a romantic dinner for two. I can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceChrisDined on 7/20/2014Our service was excellent and the atmosphere is warm and inviting. The jazz band during brunch on a Sunday is a nice touch! A great place to host friends and family for a special occasion. The homemade ice cream was delish. I will be back again soon!Special Features:
- Good with potential to be greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/20/2014This restaurant is in a very nice setting and has a great style about it. The menu is good to very good, and stands out above the average place in New Jersey. It has a great indoor space and also outdoor space but the seating outside especially the two tops where the chairs have slats are very uncomfortable. The service was pleasant and professional but could be a little more attentive, given the number of service people I sense management was really who wasn't being attentive. I would recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Brunch at StonehouseJEMZDined on 7/20/2014Our party of 4 was very excited to experience the urban-meets-farm vibe of Stonehouse. My husband & I brought my daughter & her fiance for brunch to check out the assorted venue spaces for a wedding reception. The spaces are all spectacular. We had the choice of eating outside (on a pleasant July Sunday morning) or inside. We chose outside. At first I was nervous that if the sun came out, we could fry. But there was enough of an overhead pergola that almost anywhere you sat offered some shade. I would rate The Stonehouse with atmostphere as a 5+, service 3, food 4. The menu was creative. However, the little things I expected were missing; like an easy second cup of coffee and salt/pepper on the table to season our egg dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VerydrdannycDined on 7/19/2014Salmon should be seasoned at least a little, and shouldn't be overcooked until it's dry and rubbery. Pizza shouldn't have a burnt crust. There should be some sort of a barrier between the seats in the back and the noisy, noisy kitchen. When food is sent back, isn't it customary to send the manager over? At least they comped the (inedible) pizza. This physically beautiful restaurant should do much better than this. I thought this would be a nice romantic spot for my partner and I to celebrate his birthday. What a disappointment.
- Special EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014We made the Open Table reservations then emailed the managers and asked them to accommodate a small wedding party of 6 for a short ceremony on a busy Saturday night. They graciously offered their cabana area for a 1/2 hour and we had a lovely romantic ceremony that we'll remember forever. The management and service were wonderful and the food was fantastic. I would recommend the setting and menu to anyone!!! We'll always come back!!Special Features:
- vasoDined on 7/12/2014great outside dining. Very good food. great wine and beer listSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NT09Dined on 7/9/2014Service was very good. Entree was cold and overcooked. Very small portions.Special Features:
- The ultimate dining experience!klgurskyDined on 7/6/2014My husband and I got married at Stone House and knew that we wanted to go back to celebrate our anniversary. We already knew we loved the food from our wedding and we loved the service as well. Our dinner to celebrate our anniversary was perfect! The wait staff and the food and setting were just as wonderful as we remembered from our wedding and we are anxiously awaiting our next anniversary to go back! The food was magnificent, the live music added a nice touch to the environment, and the overall experience was perfect. Stone House is by far our favorite restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nan2VIPDined on 7/5/2014My husband and I and another couple were very disappointed with the food and service. Our friend ordered oysters and the first one he tried was spoiled. Our dinner was mediocre and expensive. The skirt steak was not prepared correctly, the potatoes were not hot.Special Features:
- nb foodiesnbfoodiesDined on 7/5/2014We have eaten at Stone House before and always enjoyed it and this time was no exception. We had not been there is a while and didn't realize that they had added a large outdoor seating area; the area is very nice and has a funky table fit for a group. The wine and cocktail selection is always nice. The biggest bonus for the food is that they use many of the vegetables that are grown in NJ and are in-season. They are on the pricey-side but the food is worth it as it's matched with good service and a nice ambiance.Special Features:
- Beautifully doneConflictedDined on 6/29/2014I can see why this place hosts weddings- its a beautiful location and the decor is very well done. The food was great- there wasnt a single plate I could complain about. Loved the wild board baby back ribs and the angry mussels!! My only complaint was the AC was way too high, and the bread guy was totally flakey- no pun intended. We had to flag him down JUST to get some bread. And then when they ran out of a certain kind, I told him I could wait for the next loaf to come out and he basically ignored me for the rest of the evening. It wasn't until AFTER dinner I asked him SO..... is the italian bread DONE? and THATS when he offered me more bread. Thanks. I don't need it for dessert. He was not on top of his game.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerRon2HDined on 6/28/2014Stone House has become our destination each year for our anniversary and Valentine's dinners. It never disappoints, and this time was no exception!Special Features:
- Seems to have gone down hill.RozzoDined on 6/28/2014Skimpy plate of calamari ( about 12). Muscles weren't fresh. Four didn't taste right so I didn't eat them, four the shells never opened. Entrees were nothing to write home about.
- Wonderful dinnerCaraB00Dined on 6/26/2014Words cannot express how wonderful our meal was at the stone house. Excellent service and food! The chef sent over a complementary salad and we received a parting gift of cookies as we left. I almost felt like I was vacationing on an island when sitting outside. Will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish it were as good as it looks.TrilliniteVIPDined on 6/25/2014One of the most beautiful restaurants ever. Stone, glass, wood, gardens, views, fire pits and floating bars. Awesome! And the menu!. Words like artisanal and free-range and local and home-grown. Even sushi! But we have the same reaction every time we go, "how sad that the food and service don't measure up to the look". My wife ordered the butternut squash soup which was great, and filet mignon which was overcooked and tasteless. I had steamers in a very rich broth that may have just been too rich for my taste. Service was lacking with things like bread service arriving after the entrees. And a very tardy check-back by the waiter. We did sit outside on the deck and it was beautiful. I am so hoping they will eventually get it right.Special Features:
- Can't wait to return...AwesomeVIPDined on 6/22/2014I usually frequent this restaurant for special occasions but also enjoy now and then just because it's so fabulous. The professionalism of the host and wait staff is consistent as is the presentation and quality of the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this time!JazzMamaDined on 6/21/2014We have been here before & thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant. In fact it had been one of my favorite restaurants and I have introduced many friends to this place. This time though the service was really poor. No crudités or bread were ever served and my friend's salad never arrived. Our waiter seemed to be in lala land. The entrees were delicious but the lack of service and extended waiting for our drinks and food has taken away my enthusiasm for this restaurant.
- Great food in a beautiful settingYummy1Dined on 6/20/2014Sitting outside is the best! Great place to go with friends or just a couple. Live music. You feel like you're in Napa. I love that they grow their own produce too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful PlaceCassadyDined on 6/20/2014We sat on the balcony overlooking the patio on a perfect night to eat outdoors. The décor is beautiful with wonderful lighting and stonework. The food, however, is just mediocre. There was a live band that we enjoyed and they gave us a bag of cookies when we left. So it was a bit of a mixed bag.Special Features:
- Business dinnerKDe01VIPDined on 6/19/2014Off the beaten path for a business dinner. I brought 2 out-of-town colleagues for dinner so they could experience somewhere new after dining at most of the restaurants in the Bridgewater / bedminster area already. They were impressed with the atmosphere and they raved about the food. The only downside was the volume of the band in proximity to our outdoor dining. A little loud for business dinner. Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ok but would not go backOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/18/2014Food was pricey and just ok. Service was poor. Waiters tarted out good and then half-way through the meal would not return. Super long wait for food when it was not even crowded. Atmosphere border on chain restaurant banquet cheesy.Special Features:
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/18/2014we were recommended to try this restaurant to celebrate our 59th wedding anniversary. We were very satisfied with our choice. The service was very attentive with the nice touch of having happy 59th anniversary printed on the top of our menu. The food was tasty though the hanger steak was a little chewy. The 16 ounce T-bone was excellent. we were treated to 2 glasses of champagne on the house which was greatly appreciated.We highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:
- Lived up to its reputationlove2dineoutDined on 6/17/2014This was my 2nd visit to the Stone House, the 1st being a few years ago with a group of friends. 2 of us went. We sat out on the deck attached to the main building. The deck is very nice, with a high view of the outside bar and tables. Very pretty Great ambience BUT the wooden chairs were SO uncomfortable. We told our waiter & he had pads brought out which made a big difference in comfort. The waiter was wonderful. Great suggestions, friendly, fun personality. Even the bus boy did a wonderful job. Really enjoyed the food. I had the pork t-bone which was so delicious, especially the mashed white sweet potatoes. My friend had the Bronzini special-said it very good but not amazing. Ahhh, and the mixed drinks. They were delicious! ISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.