Stone Grill at Pierres
582 Georges Road
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone Grill at Pierres
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pierresnj.com/
- Phone: 7323293219
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
Brunch: Saturday: 8am - 4pm
Dinner: Saturday: 4pm - 10pm
Brunch: Sunday: 8am - 4pm
Dinner: Sunday: 4pm - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Richard Krug
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pierre's Of South Brunswick is the perfect choice to hold an unforgettable affair. We can accommodate 25 to 500 guests for your special occasion. Our dedicated staff of on-site event planners will ensure that your event will be one that is pleasurable and memorable. Ask us how we may help with your wedding ceremony, wedding reception, bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, engagement party, anniversary, sweet sixteen, bar/bat mitzvah, birthday or corporate event. Come see for yourself what sets apart Pierre's from the rest. Schedule your in-house tour and consultation today!
A word from Stone Grill at Pierres
Welcome to Stone Grill at Pierres of South Brunswick, Pierres new American restaurant concept. We use high quality local produce, meat and fish as much as possible and prepare them with spices and dry products from around the world. We strive to provide friendly and professional hospitality. Stone Grill offers unequalled value and quality with our food, wine, cocktails and beer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Grill at Pierres reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (1)special occasion (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- nonicknameVIPDined on 4/23/2014We were disappointed in our recent visit. It had been about eight months, and so we called to see if the very popular three-course dinner was still available. We were told yes, from Monday through Thursday. When we dined on Wednesday (a week later) we were told that the special was no longer available. The menu had changed and dishes we looked forward to were not available. I had checked the website before we went, and it had the three-course menu plus those dishes we were looking forward to. Stone Grill needs to update its website at the very least.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great meal and dinnerRomanDined on 3/9/2014we came here last year and decided to bring the rest of the family this time around. service was excellent, food was fresh and expertly prepared/presented. we will definitely come back again! thanks to Pierre and his staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a NICE QUIET EVENINGOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014wENT TO pIERRE'S ON A tHURSDAY NIGHT AND THERE WERE ONLY TWO OTHER COUPLES DINING WITH US.... A EXCELLENT QUIET EVENING OF DINING. GREAT FOOD AND ITALIAN BREAD.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what we expectednotworththemoneyDined on 1/25/2014Has an older , dated feel to it (playing the Neil Diamond channel on Sirrus) Food was good but not fabulous for the price. Waitstaff very nice and accomodating, bit due to weather, we were the only ones in the restaurant so I don't know if that is same level we would get on a busier night. Not sure if we would return -
- Special Attention on a Special DayFlushingFirstTimersDined on 12/24/2013We met at the Stone Grill on Christmas Eve to exchange presents. At noontime the restaurant was empty. Both of us had salmon with ratatoue (sp?) and fingerling potatoes. All were very well prepared. We decided to share a dessert of chocolate mousse cake, which was also very good and from the restaurant's associated bakery. When we received the bill we were told that the dessert was on the house. What a nice touch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent value, especiallynonicknameVIPDined on 10/29/2013Excellent value, especially the Monday-Thursday 3-course prix-fixe. Attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch with wonderfulnonicknameVIPDined on 10/27/2013Sunday brunch with wonderful options in addition to the usual varieties of eggs. And wonderful attentive service as well. (Don't miss the bakery on the way out!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant, attentive staff.nonicknameVIPDined on 8/25/2013Pleasant, attentive staff. Excellent brunch. And a menu to suit all tastes. Thoroughly enjoyed the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodjohnDined on 8/18/2013We went for Sunday brunch. Great menu, great price, great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We are fairly new to StonenonicknameVIPDined on 8/15/2013We are fairly new to Stone Grill at Pierres, but have to start by saying we have never enjoyed bread and dipping oil as much anywhere. We could have made a meal on the bread alone. The daily prix fixe is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy three courses for a very reasonable price, but unfortunately we like the same dishes. Next time one of us will try something different. Service is top-rate with friendly staff. Delightful dining. Thank you, Pierre!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food at reasonable pricesNjdineDined on 7/17/2013The food was excellently prepared to the specifications of the customer.The service was impeccable .The ambience,however,lacked the dignity equal to the excellence of the food and service........tablecloths would help!........again,great food and great services.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful dining. SpectacularnonicknameVIPDined on 6/20/2013Delightful dining. Spectacular appetizers (Portuguese mussels and clams). Tasty lamb chops. Too full for dessert so we asked them to package the chocolate mousse cake which we had the next day. Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Re-visiting after 10 yearswineanddineVIPDined on 6/17/2013I I used to live 7 minutes away then, now it's 25 miles. After finding them on OpenTable, I wanted to re-visit. I remembered takeaways of solid Mid Eastern and Mediterranean fare. Now, there is a spark more creativity to the food as well as a tastefully decorated bar and dining room. I had the 2 course selection that featured the lamb lentil soup ( I'm sure I remember having this occasionally) , and then a pasta entre: orrichietti with sausage, asparagus and broccoli rabe. The pasta was al dente and the veggies firm, how I like it, so there was nothing soup-like about this combo. 2 glasses of pinot noir was ideal with both courses. No longer having ties to the area; I'll find a visit to go back that way, if only for a very good lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parking lot was jammed --nonicknameVIPDined on 6/2/2013Parking lot was jammed -- must have been a wedding or some sort of celebration -- but dining room service was spot-on. Wonderfully attentive staff, delicious food. All that a birthday brunch should be. Our thanks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will definitely be back.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/29/2013We are from Chicago and were visiting our daughter in So. Brunswick. We were going to our favorite restaurant in Princeton but thought we might be short on time so we found this place on open table. Well we might not be going back to eat in Princeton for a while. The food and service were excellent. The food here rivals any of the great restaurants in Princeton, New York or Chicago. I had the salmon, it was perfectly cooked with crispy skin and the squash with olives and tomato were treated with the same respect, perfect. My husband had the lamb bolonaise and we couldnt decide what was better. Our waiter was very knowledgable about the menu and its ingredients and basically ordered for us. We will definitely be back on our next trip out .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first visit andnonicknameVIPDined on 4/25/2013This was our first visit and the first of many to come. Service is extremely attentive and friendly. Food delicious and beautifully presented. Only small quibble: the background music is not dining-friendly. Something mellow would better suit the venue, if classical is not the owner's "thing." We stopped in the pastry shop before dinner and were sorely tempted by the beautiful desserts.Special Features:
- worth findingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2013What an unexpected pleasant surprise. The food was spot on, presentation and taste were exceptional. We had the duck and the tuna and the chef sent us a small sampling of duck confit, nice touch. Great wine selection for value. The service was casual, friendly and knowledgable. This place is in the middle of nowhere but definitely worth finding.Special Features:
- A group of 10 of us went outOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/17/2013A group of 10 of us went out to wish a co-worker farewell and good luck. The food and service was excellent. Thank you Ana! And thank you to the friendliness of the entire staff!Special Features:
- The Best Meal We H In A Long Time.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/9/2013The best meal we have had in a long time. Period. We were worried when we walked in because we were the only ones there. So we both ordered a steak. Perfectly cooked, big portion. The broccoli rabe was amazing, and the parmesan mashed potatoes were awesome. And the prices are too low. This place should be packed. We already know that we are ordering the duck and branzino next time we go back. Small wine list but very good wines and again inexpensive. Casual friendly service. You cant go wrong.Special Features:
- Overall an excellent meal.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013Overall an excellent meal. Mussels, clams, salmon, tuna and OCTOPUS!(all four of us agreed-the best we have ever had) all very fresh and well prepared. The servers and the host could not have been more pleasant.The desserts were ok but did not live up to the rest of the meal.The wine list was nice but could use more selection. Prices are more than reasonable. We will be back.Special Features:
- A great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013We were skeptical going in because we had dined there before a few years ago and it wasnt great. But we saw the reviews on open table so we thought we would give it another chance. First of all we were greeted with complimentary champagne ( it was nice quality too) and the chef sent us an amuse of butternut squash soup that was phenominal. The vegetarian dish the chef prepared for my wife was exquisite, not just pasta prima vera. The lamb chops were excellent as well, so flavorful with exotic spices. Our server Anna was efficient and professional. We will highly recommend this place to all of our friends.Special Features:
- Please do not go this wasbklynVIPDined on 3/23/2013Please do not go this was a terrible restaurant.. The food was awful, very salty,the decor was so dated that I felt like I was eating in a nursing home.
- Overall excellent. Food,serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/7/2013Overall excellent. Food,service atmosphere was perfect. Only change would be to have nice dinner music to add to the ambiance instead of pop music station that was on.Special Features:
- I took my girlfriend hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2013I took my girlfriend here for valentines day (3 course special menu) and we had such a great dinner we went back shortly after that to try the regular dinner menu. A three course dinner menu for $26. The food was prepared and presented so nicely. Way beyond what you would expect for the price. Our server was friendly and efficient. This will definitely be a regular spot for us.Special Features:
- Memorable Meal & ServiceLindajwinkVIPDined on 2/17/2013Wonderful food, in a pleasing setting, with excellent service makes a memorable meal at Stone Grill. The crispy snapper filet special was outstanding, on a bed of orzo and spinach, perfectly seasoned and well prepared; the rare tuna loin was exactly as promised. The waitstaff was friendly yet professional and attentive. It is also an excellent value with satisfying portions for salads, appetizers and entrees. We were too full to have dessert, and brought home a doggie bag too.Special Features:
- We figured we would give thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013We figured we would give this place a shot based on the open table reviews and we were not dissapointed. So happy to have a place of this level so close to home. The roasted chicken breast with braised leg meat was the best chicken i have ever had, my husband was blown away by the branzini special. We highly recommend trying this place as an option if you are considering going to new brunswick or princeton for dinner. And the prices are down right cheap. Great wines mostly under $30 too.Special Features:
- Very good food at fairly reasonableDineronoccasionDined on 2/16/2013Very good food at fairly reasonable prices. I recommend!Special Features:
- This was a very nice restaurantJMaloneDined on 2/16/2013This was a very nice restaurant and the food was awesome. I would go there again in a heartbeat.Special Features:
- Stone Grill is truly a gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 2/15/2013Stone Grill is truly a gem. The food here stands up to any NYC restaurant. The Amish chicken was cooked and seasoned perfectly. The pulled chicken leg (similar to con fit) mixed into the baby carrots and brussel spouts was just awesome. We were surprised that the dining room was only half-full on a Friday night, especially considering the caliber of food...at a reasonable price. Our server, Gina, was friendly and helpful and provided just the right amount of attention. The personal touch added by the manager was great too. The decor is the only that needs work - too 1980s (see: faux stone and flower patterned cushioned metal chairs). Stone Grill is now going to be part of our regular repertoire when we visit Central Jersey!Special Features:
- It is very simple food notRCccVIPDined on 2/14/2013It is very simple food not prepared very well, and we are astonished to find that its overall rating is above a 4 by Opentable. Nice but we tried this restaurant based on the Opentable reviews and were extremely disappointed.
- Had a very nice meal withEmajyVIPDined on 2/9/2013Had a very nice meal with great service. Food was tasty and abundant. Our server provided excellent information on the dishes and helped us pick out our dinner. We were not rushed through dinner but it did take a little too long in between courses. Desserts were tasty. It was a nice dinner and a good first time experience.Special Features:
- A little excellence goes a long wayOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2013Impeccable service and expertly prepared dishes to satisfy any particular taste! Come be awed by Chef Rich and his fantastic crew at the Stone Grill inside Pierres restaurant!Rarely you will find exceptional value for a 5 star dining experience, but now you have an opportunity to experience this every week. In a word, Awesome!Special Features:
- The staff was very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/28/2013The staff was very attentive and the food was excellent. Our waiter was a good sport despite our spirited group and the food arrived with dispatch. The rigatoni bolognese was delicious and the mezza appetizer was excellent.Special Features:
- Our server was lovely! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/8/2012Our server was lovely! The food was really good! All in all a great experienceSpecial Features:
- Excellenct Experience!THBBVIPDined on 12/1/2012This place is just simply outstanding! They never fail to disappoint! The food is delicious, the service is excellent and the ambiance is gorgeous! It's family owned and operated so the staff there makes you feel right at home. We also got to meet the owners son, Tony who was a stand up gentelman and a true pleasure to talk to. He made us feel so welcomed and made sure our visit was one to remember! I definitely recommend this establishment!Special Features:
- It was our second time atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/12/2012It was our second time at Stone Grill. Food is as good as it gets in New Jersey. Duck and Tuna were the best we have ever had and we dine in NYC and Princeton regularly. We will recommend to all culinary enthusiasts.Special Features:
- A+THBBVIPDined on 10/2/2012Great service, amazing food and a beautifully decorated dining room. I would definitely recommend this place!Special Features:
- Food was excellent. All coursesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/29/2012Food was excellent. All courses were prepared as ordered
- Very dreary ambience; wouldJBWWVIPDined on 8/4/2012Very dreary ambience; would be greatly improved with white tablecloths!