Stone Creek Inn
405 Montauk Highway
East Quogue, NY 11942Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Stone Creek Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonecreekinn.com/
- Phone: (631) 653-6770
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm -10:00pm. Open 4 days. Thursday thru Sunday. $30.00 Prix Fixe 3 course menu served all evening Sundays and Thursdays and on Fridays until 6:30 pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Mir
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specific menus available upon request. Please contact the restaurant at 631-653-6770.
- Private Party Facilities: Two separate dining rooms are available for large parties. The smaller room holds 65 people and the larger accommodates up to 85 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elaine DiGiacomo 6316536770x
A word from Stone Creek Inn
There’s “first-class” dining “nestled deep” in East Quogue at this “culinary tour de force”, where the “adventurous” seasonal menu of “superior” French-Med cuisine shows off “fantastic variations and flavors” in discreetly “sophisticated” environs overseen by a “gracious” staff; it’s the stuff that “great memories” are made of.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Stone Creek Inn - Best Restaurants in East Quogue ›
Stone Creek Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
123 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (76)special occasion (76)neighborhood gem (61)romantic (60)notable wine list (44)good for groups (17)hot spot (9)scenic view (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- RiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 11/9/2014Reliably wonderful. One of the east end's very best.Special Features:
- Delicious, perfect night out!delishDined on 11/9/2014Went for the first time during Restaurant Week. The selection was varied and everything was delicious! The Calamari Frisee and Radicchio Salad was a fantastic start, tasty and I've never seen something like it anywhere. The Rabbit Fricassee was hearty and perfectly seasoned for a fall meal. And the Chocolate Creameaux was heavenly. I would drive all the way just for that dessert - however, I was told it's served differently outside of Restaurant Week (I say stick with the Chocolate Pearls and the Meringue all the time! It's perfect). I would come back in a heart beat!Special Features:
- exceeds all expectationsmarkandlynnarefamishedDined on 11/9/2014six of us,mostly carnivores,one couple vegan.So many tempting options,it was difficult to commit.Everyone loved their choices.Beautiful candlelit ambience.Warm.Perfectly timed wait service.The woman in charge of valet is lovely welcoming you& saying goodbye.We felt totally taken care of the entire experience.Special Features:
- Always enjoyableDaveDined on 11/8/2014We had a lovely evening with friends. Ambiance, service were special. Wished we had been seated inside where I think it can be less noisy-and near fireplace. Food delicious although my beet salad was underdressed. We will be back.Special Features:
- Definitely lived up to reputationletotherscookVIPDined on 11/8/2014We dined at Stone Creek for the first time this past weekend -- we'd been hearing good things about it for a while. And deservedly so. A pretty place and space, albeit somewhat noisy (as virtually everything seems to be these days)! Excellent and highly professional service. I had rack of lamb that was probably the best I've ever had, cooked to the right temperature and with virtually no fat. Friends had the steak -- good but less exceptional -- which is one of the problems in ordering steak anyway. All in all, a lovely experience and we definitely plan to go back.Special Features:
- Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/7/2014Delicious food and great service. Among the best in the hamptons. Although not my 1st choice during the summer when I crave outdoor dining, I love this restaurant in the fall and winter with its charming and cozy ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roe50Dined on 11/7/2014Great food service but as always way to loud..we always think about coming there for dinner but we have to be in the mood for the the noise level.Special Features:
- Fine Dining at it's best!JewelDined on 11/7/2014The atmosphere was warm and inviting with a fire roaring by the bar. The service was welcoming and very professional. The wine list would please the most discriminating lover of fine wines and the food was top notch...simply delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stoneNestorVIPDined on 11/7/2014My wife and I had the Restaurant Week menu and we were dissappointed.My wife thought her meal was OK and I found my beef chewy. It was not a nice piece of meat. I wood categorize the whole meal average. The "Rest. Week" menu suggested two wines, which were in the $30 category and they were the cheapest wines in the whole menu. I had one of the cheapest reds I could find (other than the merlot and chardonay they suggested) which was a Malbec at $49. All the wines were over priced. I checked this off my list of places to go. For the price of this meal ($173 with the tip) I can eat and drink better in quite a few places in Long Island.Special Features:
- Never lets us down!dinedelightDined on 11/6/2014Stone Creek Inn is our favorite restaurant. You simply could not have a bad meal, or a bad experience here. Go, go, go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeGilliVIPDined on 11/6/2014We had dinner on a Thursday during restaurant week and it was crowded but wonderful, service was excellent and the food was to notch, as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieDined on 11/6/2014The boullabaise was terrible and we told waitress she said no one else had complained and that was it we had always loved this restaurant, but it was a disappointment this time
- Excellent restaurantsjlmVIPDined on 11/6/2014Some excellent choices: beet salad, duck confit w/ fried egg salad, bay scallops, rabbit friccasee with beans, chicken breast, tarte tatin. Excellent wine list especially for better CA wines, and very reasonable and good "hidden gems." At busy times, noise level can be "energetic," especially if you're seated between large tables, but never as bad as some restaurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistency Reigns!elisacamisaDined on 11/6/2014This establishment is always off the hook with wonderful food and awesome cocktails in a pretty setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinneratatedinneratateDined on 11/6/2014Home again, home again, jigetty jog We stayed in Quoque for six weeks and dined at Stone Creek once a week -- couldn't stay away! Our last visit was during restaurant week and despite the crowd that packed in for the great fare and great value, we still found Stone Creek to retain it's intimate atmosphere. I've detailed the merits of Stone Creek in previous reviews, so I'll spare you and simply say, Great place, great staff, great food, great value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodWaveslaveDined on 11/5/2014You cant go wrong with this French Fab Spot. Just don't take Montauk Highway west after having some wine. The Quogue Police WILL pull you over.Special Features:
- consistanthamptoniteDined on 11/5/2014Always good food and service. Considering it was so busy, they really did a great job of getting the order right and to the table timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The season is overThekatDined on 11/3/2014So happy it's Fall. Crowds are gone and the pace is calmer. Food is excellent. Choices are unusual and vary with the season.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/2/2014We went to Stone Creek Inn for Long Island Restaurant Week and had a fabulous dinner. Nowhere do they do Restaurant Week better than at Stone Creek. They had an extensive Restaurant Week menu with excellent choices and everything was delicious. And in addition to a $27.95 dinner, they offered three wines at $27.95 a bottle.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014Stonecreek consistantly has great food. Even though it was RW they put out a great menu. Thanks again. Gabby the new manager is awesome! Very attentive and kind. Making sure everything is Ok. Love this place.Special Features:
- Best restaurant in the QUOGUE areaPIPMDVIPDined on 11/1/2014One of the best restaurants on the East End of Long IslandSpecial Features:
- Great spotFoodieDined on 11/1/2014Wonderful setting In a house with a fireplace, nice bar area and cozy feel in the restaurant. Service,food ,staff are all terrificSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in the HamptonsUESdinerDined on 10/31/2014From the friendly greeting by the hostesses at the door, to the warm welcome of manager Phil, and a visit to our table by chef Christian, everything was done to make us feel like we were appreciated clients. Add to that the delicious and creative good, and yes, we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinneratatedinneratateDined on 10/30/2014Back again. Duck, venison, and rabbit for the crew -- all done perfectly! Brought our own bottles this time (not that their wine list is lacking) and the staff was happy to decant them. Back home to California in a week, sorry that we can't take Stone Creek with us.Special Features:
- TomjacVIPDined on 10/25/2014The beet salad, spaghetti nero, and lobster pumpkin were excellent. My only complaint is the closely seated banquet that the restaurant provides for tables of two. When out for a nice dinner with my husband I don't enjoy hearing other conversations more than I can hear him.
- Great Birthday DinnerCheetahDined on 10/17/2014Recently took my honey to the Stone Creek Inn for his birthday and we had a very lovely time. I had requested a corner table for more privacy and intimacy but it wasn't available. However, the people who had it reserved decided to stay at the bar so they moved us which was very nice. We were very pleased with our new table. The menu is always delicious and we were happy sharing the beet/arugula salad and an order of the tiny cheese ravioli to start. For our main we shared a special dish called Beef Three Ways (filet, braised rib and marrow)....all cooked perfectly and the flavors were sublime. Overall it was a really nice evening.Special Features:
- Back AgaindinneratateDined on 10/17/2014Very good classic (without the coronary inducing sauces) French cuisine. A capable staff and pleasant surroundings fill out the bill. Probably not a "foodie" place, nothing's really new here, just the traditional done very well.Special Features:
- Wonderful!BabsDined on 10/16/2014Always enjoy going to Stone Creek. This visit included two friends from the City who never had the opportunity to have dinner at Stone Creek. They thoroughly enjoyed the dinner, wine, service and ambiance.Special Features:
- Always enjoy Stone Creek Inn.HamptonsgirlDined on 10/12/2014Food was beautifully prepared. Staff was attentive. Valet parking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LI FavoriteRonnieoneDined on 10/11/2014Stone Creek Inn is my favorite LI restaurant, for its' always delicious food, ambiance and excellent service. The chef uses the freshest seasonal vegetables, fresh catch, organic products and fine herbs in his dishes? This recent visit for a birthday celebration, we ordered the chocolate sampler for dessert. It was exquisitely delicious, the finest chocolate I've tasted.Special Features:
- NEVER DISAPPOINTSGlad4GrouponVIPDined on 10/9/2014NO MATTER WHAT THE CHEF PREPARES, WE TRUST IT WILL BE WONDERFUL. OUR HAMPTON FAVORITESpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuRCBTDined on 10/4/2014Wonderful experience at this upscale restaurant. Leisurely dining experience was complimented by intriguing choices from the menu presented with picture perfect plating. A special night out!Special Features:
- Tres Charmant!BroadwayGeorgeDined on 10/2/2014This local gem is well-worth the trip from anywhere on the East End. A lovely French menu with many classical dishes, including foie gras prepared in a variety of ways, beautiful fish dishes and a great wine lit with many French wines at reasonable prices (a good list of 1/2 bottles). Also a very good bargain . . the Prix Fix dinner at $30.00 (3 courses) was outstanding. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Dining at Stonecreek innJudy2013Dined on 9/20/2014A very pretty setting. Book in advance. Menu changes which is very nice. Appetizers large everything our party ordered was good.. Black pasta with seafood, seafood stew, sirloin. Loved the coconut ice cream lollipops! In Certain seats the lighting was poor, that would be my only criticism .. But definitely a very nice dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent restaurantVirginiaDined on 9/13/2014Always a delightful evening! We plan to return many more times.Special Features:
- Always SpecialNYizzysmomDined on 9/12/2014We have gone to Stone Creek for our anniversary for a number of years. We have gone for New Year's Eve. We go on the off-season; we go in the high season. We have purchased gift certificates as "thank you" gifts for friends and family. This restaurant never fails to impress and we have never heard a negative thing about it from anyone we have sent there. The food is amazing. The staff is perfect and welcoming and professional. The ambiance is lovely and we are so happy that the east end has this gem for us to experience. Thanks to Stone Creek for always being on their game and for preparing such beautiful and delicious food. We are fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsLuvredwineDined on 9/12/2014Had drinks at the bar and the roasted selection of nuts done by the kitchen were so tasty and Phil is a great bartender. Excellent wine list and extensive but creative selections on the menu.Special Features:
- A jewel west of the madnessdmartVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Stone Creek Inn is a terrific restaurant with excellent food if you are in the Quogue/Westhampton area -- in fact it's probably one of only 2 restaurants worth making a trip to in that area (the other is Starr Boggs). Very expensive so make it a special occasion. But from duck meatball appetizer to the rack of lamb, the ribeye steak, steak wagyu, sides of truffle mac & cheese and asparagus, you can't go wrong. Service is excellent, as is the wine list. Room is classy but unpretentious as is the attitude of the staff. Had a great birthday dinner their last week, and we all left very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome As Always...nofoladyDined on 9/5/2014It's hard to find the words to describe how wonderful this place is - it never disappoints, it is always a 5 star experience on all levels yet you always feel comfortable and welcomed. The food is INCREDIBLE. Always! And worth every penny, too. The staff is so friendly, from the valet who takes your car to the hostess, bartenders and service staff. Not to mention that the interior is gorgeous in an understated way but elegant and totally romantic. I wish we lived a little closer but it's well worth the trip from the North Fork and we vowed that we just have to go more often. Do yourself a favor, GO!!Special Features:
- benficaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Dont's miss the strawbwerry desert! Excelente french cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.