Stone Creek Inn
405 Montauk Highway
East Quogue, NY 11942Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $50 and over
Stone Creek Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonecreekinn.com/
- Phone: 6316536770x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: 5:30pm -10:00pm. Open 7 days. $30.00 Prix Fixe 3 course menu served all evening Mon-Thurs.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Mediterranean, French
- Executive Chef: Christian Mir
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Specific menus available upon request. Please contact the restaurant at 631-653-6770.
- Private Party Facilities: Two separate dining rooms are available for large parties. The smaller room holds 65 people and the larger accommodates up to 85 people.
- Private Party Contact: Elaine DiGiacomo 6316536770x
A word from Stone Creek Inn
There’s “first-class” dining “nestled deep” in East Quogue at this “culinary tour de force”, where the “adventurous” seasonal menu of “superior” French-Med cuisine shows off “fantastic variations and flavors” in discreetly “sophisticated” environs overseen by a “gracious” staff; it’s the stuff that “great memories” are made of.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stone Creek Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (80)fit for foodies (74)romantic (56)neighborhood gem (52)notable wine list (41)good for groups (19)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (9)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (2)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Always a delightful evening! We plan to return many more times.Special Features:
- Always SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014We have gone to Stone Creek for our anniversary for a number of years. We have gone for New Year's Eve. We go on the off-season; we go in the high season. We have purchased gift certificates as "thank you" gifts for friends and family. This restaurant never fails to impress and we have never heard a negative thing about it from anyone we have sent there. The food is amazing. The staff is perfect and welcoming and professional. The ambiance is lovely and we are so happy that the east end has this gem for us to experience. Thanks to Stone Creek for always being on their game and for preparing such beautiful and delicious food. We are fans!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/12/2014Had drinks at the bar and the roasted selection of nuts done by the kitchen were so tasty and Phil is a great bartender. Excellent wine list and extensive but creative selections on the menu.Special Features:
- A jewel west of the madnessdmartVIPDined on 9/6/2014The Stone Creek Inn is a terrific restaurant with excellent food if you are in the Quogue/Westhampton area -- in fact it's probably one of only 2 restaurants worth making a trip to in that area (the other is Starr Boggs). Very expensive so make it a special occasion. But from duck meatball appetizer to the rack of lamb, the ribeye steak, steak wagyu, sides of truffle mac & cheese and asparagus, you can't go wrong. Service is excellent, as is the wine list. Room is classy but unpretentious as is the attitude of the staff. Had a great birthday dinner their last week, and we all left very happy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome As Always...nofoladyDined on 9/5/2014It's hard to find the words to describe how wonderful this place is - it never disappoints, it is always a 5 star experience on all levels yet you always feel comfortable and welcomed. The food is INCREDIBLE. Always! And worth every penny, too. The staff is so friendly, from the valet who takes your car to the hostess, bartenders and service staff. Not to mention that the interior is gorgeous in an understated way but elegant and totally romantic. I wish we lived a little closer but it's well worth the trip from the North Fork and we vowed that we just have to go more often. Do yourself a favor, GO!!Special Features:
- benficaVIPDined on 8/29/2014Dont's miss the strawbwerry desert! Excelente french cuisine!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it should becallmasicmDined on 8/29/2014Went here on a friend of a friend's recommendation.Probably not a place you should choose if you are under 60 or have not had plastic surgery. lamb chops for $46 should be served hot and be tender... neither was the case. Entrees came flying out in less than 12 minutes leads me to believe that food was somehow pre-prepared ; in fact we sprinted through entire meal in less than one hour. On a bright note salads were quite good and our servers were very nice. dining room was elegant but dated.There are better choices out there ...even in the Hamptons
- Consistently DeliciousHaleyDined on 8/24/2014This is one of our go to neighborhood spots when you want a delicious meal. So much attention given to flavors and food preparation. Always lovely. You are never rushed through your meal and service is wonderful. Duck meatballs are a must!Special Features:
- AspenTreeVIPDined on 8/23/2014Stone Creek always delivers. Simply the best restaurant in the area.Special Features:
- ButchdublVIPDined on 8/20/2014The menu was a little limited compared to past menus. The prep. was not up to the usual high standards. An off night.
- Outsanding as alwaysRiverheadDestinationVIPDined on 8/15/2014One of the east end's very best. Dishes are prepared and presented with creativity and care. Calamari and frisee salad is a wondeful combination of texture and flavour. The shrimp risotto is creamy, delicious and perfect in consistency. Soft shell crabs when in season are wonderful. The wine list is extensive and includes many reasonably priced hidden gems. A special place for a special occasion - or just to treat yourself.Special Features:
- SuzinVIPDined on 8/14/2014The food was excellent. The server was attentive and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb cuisineKayoDined on 8/14/2014Perfectly prepared and served, excellent menu choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South shore scoreWonderfulDined on 8/11/2014From the valet parking to meeting the maitre/d Phil to the great table in the corner & the price fixe menu it all worked . The North Fork has nothing on the Stone CreekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noneDined on 8/11/2014Everything was perfect as usual. Food, service, wine. Glad we don't live too far away.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the place and the foodjasmine1Dined on 8/10/2014The tuna tartar was perfect as well as the fluke ceviche.The ink pasta with seafood was amazing.Special Features:
- dinner for twosoxyDined on 8/10/2014This is one of those places set off by itself as a grand early 20th century rural home (I presume). Great dinning room ambience with lots of vintage windows. Enjoyable experience overall in a somewhat noisy and crowded room. Best plate was the fluke ceviche which was distinctive yet slightly sweet. Other appetizer was the Serrano and black figs -- quite good but nothing special beyond the ham itself. Entrée was the rack of lamb which was a nice cut of largish rib chops in a classic brown sauce. What was ordered as medium rare and very rare was served as medium and medium rare. Next to the fluke, the shared chocolate crémeux for dessert was the most memorable. No complaints but unlikely to return.Special Features:
- Outstanding DinnerprincessdiDined on 8/9/2014there are no words to express the dinner we had. It was outstanding from the calamari salad to the dessert it was to die for. Just be prepared to pay for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Occasion RestaurantHandJ72Dined on 8/7/2014For us it’s the best restaurant on Long Island. For special days, their attention to detail and their kitchen can’t be beat! We enjoyed two Anniversary dinners here. Consistency is their strong suit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie 1500foodie1500Dined on 8/6/2014Prix fix menu is a bargain... The cheese platter was exceptionally wonderful......service delightful... A little crowded.. Tables to close for comfortSpecial Features:
- In & OutShopgirlVIPDined on 8/1/2014First of all , the food is always outstanding. The reason I only gave an overall rating of "good" this time is because sometimes service can be TOO fast. We had a 6:45 reservation, and we were out in less than 1 hour. Granted, we only had 2 courses...but I felt rushed. Also, they put us in the annex room, which I do not care for. Other that, it is our go to neighborhood restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Restaurant On Long IslandTheGangDined on 7/26/2014Stone Creek is consistently one of the best places we ever eat at. Great vibe. Love the cocktails. Food is always fantastic. Must go place. Appetizers are always amazing, great flavors and interesting things with beautiful presentation. We love the steak, salmon, tiny cheese ravioli with mussels in a truffle based broth...the list is endless.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobertEVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was good and the service efficient, if somewhat robotic. The prices were high and the portions small.
- betterDinomightDined on 7/25/2014Better than last visit. Less noisy and not rushed by wait staff. Still needs more variety on menu.Special Features:
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/23/2014Each summer we eat here and it has consistently been one of our favorite Hamptons restaurants. The ambience is great- decor and lighting is modern yet comfortable. The food is creative and delicious, you definitely feel like you are having a special night out. And the wine list and cocktails are very good as well. Professional wait staff takes this up a notch, that makes it the perfect evening for us, we really feel like we are "dining".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little gem of a placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/22/2014We wanted exactly that: a quiet dining experience in the Hamptons, good food, understated and good wine list. We were with a very demanding french gentleman. He loved the terrine de foie gras, that he ate accompanied by a glass of Sauternes. We were four. We all loved our dishes: cold soup tomatoe and peach with crab, the chicken, the bouillabaise. The waitress was efficient, discreet, so very courteous. Wonderful, surprising experience. Bravo.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treatgraciesmomDined on 7/22/2014The food and service are always first rate. I love the menu variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcelkentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2014We've eaten here many times over the years. Great place for fine diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!!RickyboyDined on 7/19/2014From the moment we walked in, until the valet brought us our car, the experience was stellar. Perfect drinks at the bar, vibrant, beautifully presented cuisine, a well thought-out wine list, and a bill that was reasonable.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceSMADPDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I had a wonderful dinner on Saturday night. Food was absolutely delicious and service was impeccable.Special Features:
- ReliableAlexVIPDined on 7/18/2014Our local restraint . Never disappointed with the food or service. Always a great night out.Special Features:
- NatashaBVIPDined on 7/17/2014Always consistently excellent in every aspect, particularly food.Special Features:
- FabulousBabsDined on 7/16/2014I can't say enough about the food, service and ambiance. Everything was wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely birthday celebrationeastcoastdinerDined on 7/14/2014I've had the pleasure of dining at Stone Creek a number of times over the years - and still carry vivid memories of a particularly wonderful 40-somethingth birthday some years ago (beat salad, halibut and lava cake....). This time we celebrated my wife's 65th with a reasonably priced ($30 - a steal in the Hamptons!) and decidedly delicious prix fixe menu. Every course was delectable. The birthday girl who rarely eats desserts ate every bite of her praline mousse. I cleaned my plates as well.... Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- LovedSandycnycDined on 7/12/2014We enjoyed a romantic dinner in a very pretty setting. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fancy FrenchFamilyGuyDined on 7/8/2014Elegant service and food. Relatively reasonably priced, especially prix fixe and wines.Special Features:
- chiknmanDined on 7/6/2014My overall experience was outstanding, from beginning to end.Special Features:
- MartyEDined on 7/6/2014One of the best restaurants in the west Hamptons. My only regret was that they did nit have their Prix Fixe on Sunday, July 6th.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, terrible serviceHungryVIPDined on 7/5/2014We have been to Stone Creek Inn numerous times and the food is always delicious. However, on our recent visit we exerienced some of the worst service we have ever seen at a restaurant of this level. The waitress was extremely unprofessional and childish. So was the assistant who threw a tantrum when we told him he gave each entree to the wrong person at the table. Really disappointing. I think the chef/owner needs to do something about the service when you are paying this price for a meal. Again, the food was great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not usual standardAnynitedinerVIPDined on 7/5/2014Stone Creek has been our favorite hamptons restaurant for years, but our last visit was not up to historical standards. Not sure whether they can't handle their popularity (packed at 7:00 on a Saturday) or if there is a new chef. The menu looked good, but featured a number of heavy items more suitable for autumn than July. When items arrived the food was across the board (we were a party if 6) just ok, when in the past it was top notch and inspired. Add to that the high noise level and we'll probably wait until off season to give it another go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.