Stone Creek - Greenwood
911 North State Road 135
Greenwood, IN 46142Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone Creek - Greenwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonecreekdining.com/
- Phone: 3178891200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, 4 pm – 10 pm
Friday - Saturday, 4 pm – 11 pm
Sunday - 11 am – 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dan Barlow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cunningham Restaurant Group offers catering for events at any location. For more information on off-site catering, please contact our Catering Director at 317-858-8100.
- Private Party Facilities: Consider Stone Creek Dining Company - Greenwood for your next private dining or special event on the Southside of Indianapolis.
Our location offers several private dining options: a banquet room and conference room downstairs and a large semi-private space in the front of the restaurant.
The banquet room downstairs is extremely versatile - perfect for large events from wedding rehearsals to business parties. The conference room downstairs offers a boardroom setup that allows for more intimate gatherings.
We can customize our semi-private space upstairs to personalize your experience. Regardless of the space you choose, our private dining menu allows the flexibility to select from the menu or make choices based on your specific event.
Contact Kim Whinrey at 317-889-1200 for help planning your next private dining or special event.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Whinrey 3178891200
A word from Stone Creek - Greenwood
As part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Stone Creek Dining Company - Greenwood blends casual elegance and hearty warmth in a contemporary setting. Opened in 2003, the foundation of Stone Creek Greenwood is excellent food and outstanding service. Offering a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, seafood, pastas, steaks, chops and chicken there is a menu selection to please everyone in your group! Relax and enjoy a drink at the beautiful bar or waterwall wall. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Stone Creek - Greenwood - Best Restaurants in Greenwood ›
Stone Creek - Greenwood reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (43)neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (32)romantic (18)fit for foodies (18)kid-friendly (17)great for lunch (10)notable wine list (8)great for brunch (5)hot spot (4)late-night find (3)Show More
- Date night treasureBullfrogDined on 9/13/2014While the kids were with others for a night, Stone Creek beaconed. Quiet booth with great service, a nice bread with flavored oil made in house, and we both had meals that your stomach begs for more even after you know you are full. A pleasant wine pairing that was not over priced. If I had to s t r e t c h for a complaint, the baked potato, of all things, was a bit overcooked and dry. Again, that is a minor thing in a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceJeannieDined on 9/6/2014Just decided at last minute to grab a meal, made reservations and was able to get within a half hour, sat immedietely and serviced immediately. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. The food came out in a timely manner and everything was excellent, one of the best meals Ive had in a long time in Greenwood. I do believe they have the best food here. We have dined there many times and are never disappointed. I hope it stays that way, as other places have failed in that department. This restaurant has a great ambience and enjoy dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Day/Special TreatmentJohnDined on 9/5/2014We were in a different town than which we live for my high school reunion which happened to fall on my bride's 65th birthday. From the time we walked in until we left, we were made to feel special. The greeting was prompt, the service very good ( I don't say that lightly), the food was excellent and the desert was excellent. It just happened that the ice cream was from Cincinnati, where we have lived, and is my wife's absolute favorite. To top it off, the desert was my bride's present from the restaurant. The cost was more than reasonable and overall, we were very pleased with the entire experience. When we are back in the area, we shall return which is the best compliment we can give to a restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We took my aunt and cousin visiting from WA. We had really talked it up and you didn't disappoint them in any way. They loved it as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Stone Creek!CrowesnestDined on 9/5/2014I discovered Stone Creek 6 weeks ago and I've been back every a Friday since. The food is always great, prices are extremely reasonable and the servers are the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!reg123Dined on 9/3/2014Stone Creek is our favorite place to go and we were celebrating special guests that were in town and as usual David and Nicole were excellent hosts and we had a great night!Special Features:
- Birthday EventBabsDined on 9/1/2014On Labor Day my family ate at Stone Creek in Greenwood, IN. to celebrate my husband's birthday. Everything was wonderful. There were some issues with an outdated menu and items not available but we worked around it. Never had a bad meal here!Special Features:
- Artistic in decor and in foodVegan2014Dined on 8/31/2014From the moment you walk in you are surrounded by beautiful art pieces. All blends beautifully with the decor. Then once the food arrives at your table the beauty continues. The food is so beautifully arranged on the plates that once again I just think of beautiful art. Everything tastes as good as it looks. I follow a meatless diet and the marinated tofu dish is fantastic. The rest of our party raved about all the different dishes as much as I did about what I had to eat. It was my second time there and we will keep going back now that I have found this place. The server was very friendly and helpful in describing each of the items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter went out of his way to make sure our evening was special. It was wonderful from start to finish!Special Features:
- Where's the coconut shrimp?spinedocDined on 8/22/2014Great food except their famous coconut shrimp has been taken off the menu! I went for that alone!Special Features:
- Excellent Early Bird SpecialsraymondschwDined on 8/18/2014It can be a challenge to find good food when traveling... and Stone Creek rose to the challenge! They have an Early Bird menu that was eclectic, varied and delicious! The Horseradish Glazed Steak and the Blackened Tilapia with Bean & Corn relish were delicious and reasonably priced. The steak came pre-cut, which was a bit of a surprise (as I like to cut my own meat), but it was very tasty and cooked as asked, a perfect MR. The Tilapia was a bit crunchy around the edges... would have prefered the blackening be more from the rub than the sear, but the flesh was flaky and worked very well with the relish. The salads (one Classic and one Caesar) were plentiful, very fresh and the dressings complementary... not over-powering. Lovely atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I've never had a meal I didn't enjoy. Service is great, food well worth that of a pricier restaurant.Special Features:
- Yum!amierettoDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this restaurant was good. I loved the decor, the service and the food. Our waitress was attentive, kept our drinks full, and checked in the perfect amount of times. The food was delicious, they had a good menu with a lot of choices. I will be back!Special Features:
- Always Awesome!!BishopandJazzmineDined on 8/15/2014Frequent dining spot for us with friends or as a couple. Never disappointed!!! Nice specials, great menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a wonderful dinner !CrowesnestDined on 8/8/2014Highly recommend! We had a great dining experience, the bread with dipping sauce, shrimp cocktail, salad and prime rib were reasonably priced for such a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice restaurantIndyJeanDined on 8/8/2014We requested a booth in a quieter area on the side. We were given a booth at the very back of the restaurant in a corner next to the emergency door so we had trouble seeing our friends due to the bright light behind them plus the back room is just one huge room with no dividers or plants to deaden noise volume. Dinner was very good but expensive. The broiled seafood plate was was delicious. I ordered the sea bass and asked the waiter to please tell the cooks to make sure it was well done. It wasn't. It had to be sent back and, when it was returned to me, was actually crispy on the outside. However, it wasn't dry and was tasty. Our waiter was excellent and was very attentive. The Manhattan that we ordered was delicious. We'd go again.Special Features:
- Good FoodDandLVIPDined on 8/2/2014Stone Creek has something for everyone. They have some of the best beer battered shrimp around. The bread melts in your mouth.Good food every time we go there. Definitely recommend Stone CreekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!!!!DanJ1966Dined on 7/27/2014Everything was wonderful. Came in with a group of eight, everyone enjoyed their meal the ambience was wonderful, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty DisappointingdisappointedDined on 7/19/2014Had a reservation for 10, had a last minute addition so had to wait for table. Took 20 minutes to get our first drink. Another 20 minutes to place appetizer order and 15 minutes to get 2 of them. Another 20-30 minute wait to order dinner. 30-40 minute wait to get that. My potato was not cooked, they did bring me another. My steak was so salty it was almost inedible - but I wiped it off with a wet bev napkin and could eat it. One meal was served with raw fish. Another order of mashed potatoes & vegetables was served cold and a prime rib order was so tough that very little of it was eaten. We were given free desserts, but that really didn't make up for a very disappointing dinner. We probably won't go there again.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 7/18/2014Server was fine but mixed drinks were wrong, food was slow getting out and way too noisy.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beofcourseVIPDined on 7/17/2014Stone Creek did an excellent job a few years back for my wedding rehearsal dinner. It was easy to book and everyone enjoyed the food. However, on a recent visit I was pretty disappointed in the service. We were often neglected by our waiter so our dinner took longer than expected. This cut into our after dinner plans which was a little frustrating. Also, the menu seems to have changed quite a bit. I ordered what sounded like an item I used to like. It was basically the same but with less food and a sloppier presentation. I understand the restaurant changing its menu up, but I'm disappointed in the decreasing quality of food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014The restaurant and our friends made this an unforgettable evening for my husbands birthday. Service was so very patient and helpful. The seafood appetizer was delicious and there was enough to feed all 12 of us. Our dinners were all very good. I heard no complaints on any one's food. I left feeling very satisfied with our choice of restaurant. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim Y.JimYDined on 7/5/2014Service, food and wine was outstanding. My lady and I really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Perfect!SmallsDined on 7/4/2014The food and the server were great! Price is reasonable. Perfect place to go for a first date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnergtcandlerDined on 7/2/2014Quickly seated, excellent food and broad selection on the menu, good wine list and variety from the bar, excellent choice for a business dinnerSpecial Features:
- need outdoormllcpaVIPDined on 6/20/2014great food and service needs outdoor dining would visit more often in the warm monthsSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFirstTimerDined on 6/20/2014Great food and service. Appetizers and main entree were delicious, fresh, well prepared ... with great presentation. Dessert (cake) was avearge at best ... seemed store bought. But most importantly our server made the experince great. She was timely and on top of all order transitions ... without crowding our conversation ... and kept our drinks filled ... and at times she was not even noticeble (this is good!). Especially appreciated the late hours. Will come back again.Special Features:
- Our favorite place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014We are never disappointed when dining at Stone Creek, Greenwood Indiana. The service is excellent, food is always great, and prices are reasonable. I do suggest that you make reservations, it's a very popular place! We always dine on Sunday evenings, and have been there on holidays (Mothers Day/Fathers Day). We appreciate a server named Zach in particular!
- Prepare to waitmostlyhappydinerDined on 6/15/2014Father's Day reservation at 1:15. Arrived early, checked in and were seated at 1:20. Then the waiting began. Our drink orders were taken and brought, then the waiter disappeared. He took food order around 2:00. Salads arrived at 2:45. Meals were served after 3:15. We left restaurant at 3:45. Most tables were empty by the time we received our food. We have dined at Stone Creek many times but this is the last time we take a group for a special occasion. My husband and I will still go periodically by ourselves as we enjoy the food and atmosphere. Usually, we find the service great too. I believe that not enough servers were available to accommodate the crowds for this special occasion.Special Features:
- Fathers DayDadsdayDined on 6/15/2014We visited Stone Creek for Fathers Day lunch. As expected it was extremely busy, however, we were seated within five minutes of are reservation which is absolutely fantastic. Our server was very attentive to my husband which made his day more special. It was a little warm in the restaurant so the manager turned on the air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good placeMrscouchDined on 6/8/2014I enjoyed it as did my husband. It was quiet, the service was excellent an we enjoyed a romantic dinner with no kids. Food was good but so expensive. 63.00$ for 2 people is a bit much but overall very much enjoyed :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and great service.sbtananaDined on 6/8/2014Good food and great service. Excellent prices on Early Bird menu during the week and available on Sunday all day.Special Features:
- Loved it!LuvtoeatoutDined on 6/6/2014The food was delicious. Our server was very attentive and knowledgable. We loved all the food we ordered and felt it was good size portions. Will be dining here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Kitchen StaffCarrieVIPDined on 5/20/2014We are regulars at Stone Creek and the last 2 times that we have been to the Greenwood Location the kitchen just can't get the steaks cooked properly. Both times we have ordered Medium well steaks and they come out looking blood red and the cow is still mooing! Need to get your act in gear!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 615 reviews are from the Stone Creek - Greenwood reviews archive.
- Excellent!!HungryoneDined on 5/13/2014I came here with my soon to be sister-in-law for an early dinner. We made reservations online and showed up about ten minutes late (rush hour traffic!). We were greeted and seated immediately, our orders came rather quickly, and the environment was casual, well lit, and quiet. My faith was restored in the business since my last three experiences at the Stone Creek in Zionsville were traumatic (terrible food, terrible service, dungeon-like environment). It was great to experience Stone Creek in Greenwood. I would definitely eat there again and will recommend it to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day dinnerRunnergirlDined on 5/11/2014All 4 of us loved our dinner and the service was great. We will certainly return to Stone Creek at any of their locations. I will also use Open Table again, very easy to use. We had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/11/2014Everything was great our food and our server liz was awesomeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drgolfer40Dined on 5/11/2014Good as always! Was a very enjoyable experience. Service good as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We sat down at 330. It was 4 before we had our salads. It was 430 before we had our entrees. There was no steak knife with my daughters steak. After waiting 5 minutes for our waiter to come around, we finally just tried the butter knife - didn't work. My husband had to leave our table to find a worker that could get us a knife. It was weird that no one at the bar knew where to find a steak knife - they had to go in search of a waiter that could find a knife. Finally, after waiting an hour for our food and chasing down a knife, my husband and daughter were able to eat their now cold food.
- NoiseFoodDined on 5/11/2014Was very noisy. Music too loud for a full resturant on mothers day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.