Stone Creek - Greenwood
911 North State Road 135
Greenwood, IN 46142Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stone Creek - Greenwood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonecreekdining.com/
- Phone: (317) 889-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday, 4 pm – 10 pm
Friday - Saturday, 4 pm – 11 pm
Sunday - 11 am – 9 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dan Barlow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Cunningham Restaurant Group offers catering for events at any location. For more information on off-site catering, please contact our Catering Director at 317-858-8100.
- Private Party Facilities: Consider Stone Creek Dining Company - Greenwood for your next private dining or special event on the Southside of Indianapolis.
Our location offers several private dining options: a banquet room and conference room downstairs and a large semi-private space in the front of the restaurant.
The banquet room downstairs is extremely versatile - perfect for large events from wedding rehearsals to business parties. The conference room downstairs offers a boardroom setup that allows for more intimate gatherings.
We can customize our semi-private space upstairs to personalize your experience. Regardless of the space you choose, our private dining menu allows the flexibility to select from the menu or make choices based on your specific event.
Contact Kim Whinrey at 317-889-1200 for help planning your next private dining or special event.
- Private Party Contact: Kim Whinrey 3178891200
A word from Stone Creek - Greenwood
As part of the Cunningham Restaurant Group (CRG) family, Stone Creek Dining Company - Greenwood blends casual elegance and hearty warmth in a contemporary setting. Opened in 2003, the foundation of Stone Creek Greenwood is excellent food and outstanding service. Offering a wide variety of sandwiches, salads, seafood, pastas, steaks, chops and chicken there is a menu selection to please everyone in your group! Relax and enjoy a drink at the beautiful bar or waterwall wall. We look forward to serving you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Stone Creek - Greenwood - Best Restaurants in Greenwood ›
Stone Creek - Greenwood reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (39)good for groups (35)fit for foodies (24)romantic (21)kid-friendly (17)notable wine list (11)great for lunch (7)great for brunch (6)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)Show More
- Disappointing DessertJK64Dined on 11/16/2014We went to dinner to celebrate my mother's 83rd birthday. Our dinner was good all the way up to the desserts and then we seemed to hit a snag. My sister ordered the seasonal pumpkin cheesecake but was served the caramel cheesecake instead. I ordered the brownie sundae. My ice cream melted so fast that I never actually got to eat a solid bite of the ice cream. The ice cream and whipped cream combined to create a soup covering the brownie. The brownie itself was extremely hard and when I finally managed to break off a piece and try to eat it, it was burnt. Go for dinner but skip dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sure what this means. We loved it and made.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Food was great and atmosphere was great. We have eaten here a few years ago and tonight will be our 3 time to bring friends in for dinner. We love the early menu and price break. It was nice to make reservations on line. I have tried that today but it never gave me the opportunity to put my name in and confirm so I am not feeling great about tonights reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Good friendly staff with a pleasant atmosphere and a menu and wine list that's tasteful and reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Early Bird SpecialsC4BlueCoupeDined on 11/10/2014We have tripled our visits to the restaurant since we found out about the Early Bird Specials. We love the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Beer you have on Tap as well. We always have great service with experienced staff.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014The food was delicious and the service great. Nathan is a super server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible ServiceAnniversarywithkidsDined on 11/8/2014Everything we ordered was delicious. The restaurant was very nice to look at and had a great date night ambiance. All that paled in comparison to the quality of our server. He waited on us like we were in a $100 a plate restaurant. We told the manager that as well. I had no complaints about any aspect of my meal and the server went above and beyond my expectations.Special Features:
- Off Their Game!TinaDined on 11/1/2014We eat here fairly regularly. That may change if our last meal is any indication as to their level of service for the future. We arrived right at our reservation time and waited 1/2 hour to be seated. Once seated, service was extremely SLOW! Not just for us but the other tables around us. The waitresses were spread too thin. They bit off more than they could chew. They were hosting a large event party and took way too many reservations for the amount of service that they could provide. If this happens again, we won't be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time here, loved it.DisappointedDinerDined on 10/26/2014I picked this place to dine on my birthday with my wife. I had never dined there before, always wanted to. The place didn't disappoint. The charming and welcoming entrance, very courteous and attentive service, and great food. Both my wife and I had seafood dish (seafood broil for my wife and scallop for me), and maybe they could use a little more seasoning, but it was way better than having too much seasoning as I usually experience in other places. We look forward to coming back to try their "land" food dish.Special Features:
- A FavoriteSouthsideLoyalDined on 10/24/2014We have always loved the atmosphere and food at Stone Creek in Greenwood. It never fails to please. The wait staff is always friendly, efficient, and very accommodatingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a birthday sucess!mcmillerDined on 10/19/2014Great meal and time spent with family, wouldn't have picked anywhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceLovegreatfoodDined on 10/18/2014The staff was warm and welcoming which got the evening off to a great start. Our waiter was attentive, courteous, and knowledgeable about the menu items. Stone Creek offers a wide variety on the menu. Our party of four each ordered a different entree, and all were pleased with their choices. We drove about 40 miles to the restaurant and we're not disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Medium WellSoupspoonDined on 10/11/2014The food was a little lacking. I ordered my steak medium but it came out medium well, almost well. The vegetables were barely warmed up - very crispy and almost raw. The baked potato was very small - the smallest I have ever had at those prices. The bread was doughy and the butter, to replace the dipping oil which does not have a good taste, was runny and didn't have a good butter taste.Special Features:
- bold4deliciousDined on 10/3/2014This dining was a very good experience. We enjoyed the fool as well as the very cordial server. She was accommodating and friendly. Catered to our needs timely and also was very happy to bring us anything we wanted. So we would recommend and also return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedChristineDined on 9/28/2014My husband and I are always on the look out for great dining and wonderful steaks or prime rib. Not many places serve prime rib, so when I found Stone Creek and reviewed the menu and found prime rib available, we were excited to give it a try. The restaurant is beautiful and the service is outstanding! The quality of the food for the price you pay, is at best, only fair. We frequent Outback Steakhouse for the prime rib, and Stone Creek's prime rib isn't near as good. The cut of meat was tough and bland, the baked potato had more cheese than potato and the broccoli was under cooked. We were just completely disappointed for the price we paid to dine.
- nicesloocDined on 9/28/2014Enjoyed the food. The service could have been a little better. Hardly anyone there when we went and it seemed like the waiter had a run off a couple times. I'd go back though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food and serviceRTMEagleDined on 9/27/2014This was our first trip to Stone Creek and we were very pleased with everything. I highly recommend the Spinach and Artichoke Dip. It was probably the best I have ever had. I had the filet and it was outstanding. My wife had the Chicken Parmesan and it was delicious as well. Our 8 year old son had the Grilled Chicken off the Kids menu and he enjoyed it. The highlight of his meal was The Brownie Sundae that comes with each kids entree. Over and outstanding experience and we will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Date night treasureBullfrogDined on 9/13/2014While the kids were with others for a night, Stone Creek beaconed. Quiet booth with great service, a nice bread with flavored oil made in house, and we both had meals that your stomach begs for more even after you know you are full. A pleasant wine pairing that was not over priced. If I had to s t r e t c h for a complaint, the baked potato, of all things, was a bit overcooked and dry. Again, that is a minor thing in a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal and serviceJeannieDined on 9/6/2014Just decided at last minute to grab a meal, made reservations and was able to get within a half hour, sat immedietely and serviced immediately. Our waiter was pleasant and attentive. The food came out in a timely manner and everything was excellent, one of the best meals Ive had in a long time in Greenwood. I do believe they have the best food here. We have dined there many times and are never disappointed. I hope it stays that way, as other places have failed in that department. This restaurant has a great ambience and enjoy dining there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special Day/Special TreatmentJohnDined on 9/5/2014We were in a different town than which we live for my high school reunion which happened to fall on my bride's 65th birthday. From the time we walked in until we left, we were made to feel special. The greeting was prompt, the service very good ( I don't say that lightly), the food was excellent and the desert was excellent. It just happened that the ice cream was from Cincinnati, where we have lived, and is my wife's absolute favorite. To top it off, the desert was my bride's present from the restaurant. The cost was more than reasonable and overall, we were very pleased with the entire experience. When we are back in the area, we shall return which is the best compliment we can give to a restaurant.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014We took my aunt and cousin visiting from WA. We had really talked it up and you didn't disappoint them in any way. They loved it as much as we do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Stone Creek!CrowesnestDined on 9/5/2014I discovered Stone Creek 6 weeks ago and I've been back every a Friday since. The food is always great, prices are extremely reasonable and the servers are the best!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food and Service!reg123Dined on 9/3/2014Stone Creek is our favorite place to go and we were celebrating special guests that were in town and as usual David and Nicole were excellent hosts and we had a great night!Special Features:
- Birthday EventBabsDined on 9/1/2014On Labor Day my family ate at Stone Creek in Greenwood, IN. to celebrate my husband's birthday. Everything was wonderful. There were some issues with an outdated menu and items not available but we worked around it. Never had a bad meal here!Special Features:
- Artistic in decor and in foodVegan2014Dined on 8/31/2014From the moment you walk in you are surrounded by beautiful art pieces. All blends beautifully with the decor. Then once the food arrives at your table the beauty continues. The food is so beautifully arranged on the plates that once again I just think of beautiful art. Everything tastes as good as it looks. I follow a meatless diet and the marinated tofu dish is fantastic. The rest of our party raved about all the different dishes as much as I did about what I had to eat. It was my second time there and we will keep going back now that I have found this place. The server was very friendly and helpful in describing each of the items on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our waiter went out of his way to make sure our evening was special. It was wonderful from start to finish!Special Features:
- Where's the coconut shrimp?spinedocDined on 8/22/2014Great food except their famous coconut shrimp has been taken off the menu! I went for that alone!Special Features:
- Excellent Early Bird SpecialsraymondschwDined on 8/18/2014It can be a challenge to find good food when traveling... and Stone Creek rose to the challenge! They have an Early Bird menu that was eclectic, varied and delicious! The Horseradish Glazed Steak and the Blackened Tilapia with Bean & Corn relish were delicious and reasonably priced. The steak came pre-cut, which was a bit of a surprise (as I like to cut my own meat), but it was very tasty and cooked as asked, a perfect MR. The Tilapia was a bit crunchy around the edges... would have prefered the blackening be more from the rub than the sear, but the flesh was flaky and worked very well with the relish. The salads (one Classic and one Caesar) were plentiful, very fresh and the dressings complementary... not over-powering. Lovely atmosphere!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well worth the money.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014I've never had a meal I didn't enjoy. Service is great, food well worth that of a pricier restaurant.Special Features:
- Yum!amierettoDined on 8/15/2014Everything about this restaurant was good. I loved the decor, the service and the food. Our waitress was attentive, kept our drinks full, and checked in the perfect amount of times. The food was delicious, they had a good menu with a lot of choices. I will be back!Special Features:
- Always Awesome!!BishopandJazzmineDined on 8/15/2014Frequent dining spot for us with friends or as a couple. Never disappointed!!! Nice specials, great menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I had a wonderful dinner !CrowesnestDined on 8/8/2014Highly recommend! We had a great dining experience, the bread with dipping sauce, shrimp cocktail, salad and prime rib were reasonably priced for such a great dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice restaurantIndyJeanDined on 8/8/2014We requested a booth in a quieter area on the side. We were given a booth at the very back of the restaurant in a corner next to the emergency door so we had trouble seeing our friends due to the bright light behind them plus the back room is just one huge room with no dividers or plants to deaden noise volume. Dinner was very good but expensive. The broiled seafood plate was was delicious. I ordered the sea bass and asked the waiter to please tell the cooks to make sure it was well done. It wasn't. It had to be sent back and, when it was returned to me, was actually crispy on the outside. However, it wasn't dry and was tasty. Our waiter was excellent and was very attentive. The Manhattan that we ordered was delicious. We'd go again.Special Features:
- Good FoodDandLVIPDined on 8/2/2014Stone Creek has something for everyone. They have some of the best beer battered shrimp around. The bread melts in your mouth.Good food every time we go there. Definitely recommend Stone CreekSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!!!!!!!DanJ1966Dined on 7/27/2014Everything was wonderful. Came in with a group of eight, everyone enjoyed their meal the ambience was wonderful, and the service was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 631 reviews are from the Stone Creek - Greenwood reviews archive.
- Pretty DisappointingdisappointedDined on 7/19/2014Had a reservation for 10, had a last minute addition so had to wait for table. Took 20 minutes to get our first drink. Another 20 minutes to place appetizer order and 15 minutes to get 2 of them. Another 20-30 minute wait to order dinner. 30-40 minute wait to get that. My potato was not cooked, they did bring me another. My steak was so salty it was almost inedible - but I wiped it off with a wet bev napkin and could eat it. One meal was served with raw fish. Another order of mashed potatoes & vegetables was served cold and a prime rib order was so tough that very little of it was eaten. We were given free desserts, but that really didn't make up for a very disappointing dinner. We probably won't go there again.
- DisappointeddisappointedDined on 7/18/2014Server was fine but mixed drinks were wrong, food was slow getting out and way too noisy.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beofcourseVIPDined on 7/17/2014Stone Creek did an excellent job a few years back for my wedding rehearsal dinner. It was easy to book and everyone enjoyed the food. However, on a recent visit I was pretty disappointed in the service. We were often neglected by our waiter so our dinner took longer than expected. This cut into our after dinner plans which was a little frustrating. Also, the menu seems to have changed quite a bit. I ordered what sounded like an item I used to like. It was basically the same but with less food and a sloppier presentation. I understand the restaurant changing its menu up, but I'm disappointed in the decreasing quality of food and service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/11/2014The restaurant and our friends made this an unforgettable evening for my husbands birthday. Service was so very patient and helpful. The seafood appetizer was delicious and there was enough to feed all 12 of us. Our dinners were all very good. I heard no complaints on any one's food. I left feeling very satisfied with our choice of restaurant. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jim Y.JimYDined on 7/5/2014Service, food and wine was outstanding. My lady and I really enjoyed ourselves.Special Features:
- Perfect!SmallsDined on 7/4/2014The food and the server were great! Price is reasonable. Perfect place to go for a first date!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.