Stone Cliff Inn
17900 S Clackamas River Dr
Carver, OR 97045Neighborhood:
NorthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stone Cliff Inn
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonecliffinn.com/
- Phone: 5036317900x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 11:30am - 8:00pm
Friday & Saturday 11:30am - 10:00pm
Sunday 10:00am - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Northwest
- Executive Chef: James Keeney
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: We can do special events, from Company events, and Birthday parties to Wedding Receptions to Wedding/Reception packages. Please Contact Andrew@stonecliffinn.com
A word from Stone Cliff Inn
Beautiful log restaurant resting on a cliff, overlooking the beautiful Clackamas River and Carver Bridge. The Stone Cliff Inn invites you to indulge yourself in a truly unique dining experience. Offering the perfect setting for your next private dinner party, we will delight you and your guests with our tantalizing cuisine and intimate atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Stone Cliff Inn - Best Restaurants in Carver ›
Stone Cliff Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (137)scenic view (127)special occasion (88)romantic (67)great for lunch (50)neighborhood gem (48)good for groups (48)fit for foodies (32)great for brunch (31)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (9)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (3)Show More
- Special Occasion Gem!DaveDined on 9/28/2014My wife and I celebrated our 41st anniversary at this wonderful location on a cliff looking down on the Clackamas River! The view from our table was breathtaking and the food was perfect, couldn't have asked for a better experience for our special night! I can't say enough good things about our time at this establishment and I highly recommend it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014The service was excellent. The food was excellent. The ambiance was very good. Had a beautiful view of the Clackamas River. Plenty of outside seating if desired.Special Features:
- Delicious food, beautiful settingEnjoyNLifeDined on 9/24/2014We usually come here for special occasions in the evening, however, it is a delightful place for a leisurely lunch outdoors on the patio. The food is always delicious, wait staff are friendly and informative and the setting is really something special. I have referred many friends and family in the past.Special Features:
- Great experience!Coffee50Dined on 9/19/2014This was our first time at Stone Cliff Inn - we've wanted to go for a long time. Our waiter was Cole and we were able to eat outside and the evening was fabulous!!! Cole made our dining experience just wonderful. He was so attentive and made sure we never went without anything!! The food was fabulous and the view from our table looked over the Clackamas River. We are so looking forward to a return visit and would love have Cole as our waiter! Thank you for a lovely evening!Special Features:
- Great Place To GoJeffVIPDined on 9/18/2014This was my first visit and I'm glad I went. The food is great and very reasonable. The view from the windows is nice, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerdewbeemomDined on 9/16/2014Was my first time at Stone Cliff. The steamer clams were the best I had ever had. The wedge salad was a bit too much lettuce and not enough other substance. The bread pudding was amazing. All the other people I was dining with, their food looked great! Would definitely go there again.Special Features:
- Outdoor dining at it's finestAWoodDined on 9/14/2014Stone Cliff is the epitome of a classic Northwest dining experience. Locally sourced meats, fish and produce leave the customers happy and satisfied. The outdoor seating comes with a spectacular view of tall conifers, eagles and the Clackamas river. This place is a gem and we feel very fortunate to have its location so nearby.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutoftownguestDined on 9/14/2014Enjoy bringing people here for brunch to sit outside on the deck and enjoy the view of the Clackamas River. Peaceful out-of-the-way place. Limited brunch choices on menu but not a problem, they are all good. Enjoy the eggs benedict-the Hollandaise sauce is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent all-around. Have had two great experiences there. Looking forward to the next.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more vegetarian options!DeejayDined on 9/11/2014I love the view from Stone Cliff and their food is good, but veggie choices are slim. A couple more plant-based options besides salad would be nice!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meal with a viewDinesWithFriendsDined on 9/11/2014A must to come during daylight to enjoy the beautiful river view. It is only ten minutes from 205, so easy to access. If you love soups you will be very happy. They make their own soups which you can order in a bread bowl. One drawback was Cesar salad was made with chopped lettuce. Another drawback was open table telling me I had not been there or honored the reservation. It took a while to clarify that I had indeed been there. This is a great place to take visitors to show off our scenery, or recharge your love of nature. Our server was most attentive with just the right amount of friendliness. You can eat outside with a full view of the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So much promisepromiseDined on 9/8/2014The food looked good. Great menu to choose from. The ambiance is divine. The wait staff wonderful. The food just does not taste good. It doesn't taste bad, it just doesn't taste good. There is no WOW factor with the food. Everything is marginal. Please get a new cook... redevelop the menu with someone who loves to cook. Then, you'll be perfect!Special Features:
- Not worth ittbbrDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I thought we would give Stone Cliff Inn a try. It was our anniversary and wanted to try something different. We were seated on the deck overlooking the river which was really nice. Even though we were seated next to the outdoor bar, which was being used, it still took 20 minutes to get our drinks. The food was not good and at $25.00 a plate I would have expected something slightly better. I had the seafood alfredo which was blah and most of the clams were not open. My husband had the seared tuna which was cooked most of the way through. We also tried the calamari which was rubbery. The service was friendly, but slow. The views were wonderful and I would possibly go there for a lunch or drink, but not for dinner again.Special Features:
- Great Dinning!PortilloGDined on 9/6/2014This is a great spot! We we're celebrating my wife birthday she thought she wanted a big party, but once we got there everything changed... It was just the two of us and I have to say it made us forget about the world around us and made us feel like we did on our first date! Not to fancy to the point you can't relax very laid back comfortable place! You can't go wrong here and it helps that it's one if the Twilite move locations for the romance...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty goodPDXPippiLongstockingsDined on 9/6/2014I tend to cut the servers some slack if the place is quite busy. It was almost empty and our server, while personable, served the meal, came back once to see if we were 'happy', and then disappeared. Reappeared to offer the dessert menu. The Ambiance could be very good, except we were seated right next to a large party that was quite noisy. Yes, we asked to be seated by a window, but there was a table, I noticed later, that was further away. the ribs were a little dry; could have used more sauce. Salads were good. Good sourdough bread, but it was unheated. The iced tea was good, but we needed more ice and lemon; no server. Amazed that the only restaurant we've visited that serves hot bread is the Old Spaghetti Factory. weird.Special Features:
- great LunchPDXdinerDined on 9/6/2014We went to celebrate the birthday of a friend. Had lunch on the patio. Great view, great food on a beautiful day !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional DiningBuffyDined on 9/5/2014There isn't a better restaurant in this area. The food is amazing and the view is wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a viewLoco14Dined on 9/3/2014Gorgeous building on a rocky cliff overlooking the river. Their patio dining area is absolutely gorgeous. The crab penne was so good, filled with fresh crab and not drowning in sauce. The smoked salmon chowder is the best chowder I have ever tasted. This place is a hidden gem!Special Features:
- Gone Downhill LatelyJameskVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been here twice in the past week for dinner. First night, salads and main entree came at the same time. Brushed it off to a busy night. On Wednesday I went again. Even with a reservation, there was a 20 minute wait unless I wanted to sit outside, since only one server was working inside. Ordered filets medium rare, which came out grey in the middle. We usually go here once a month or so, but it seems time for a break. It appeared from both our recent visits that there is no supervision going on and payroll costs are being super managed to the detriment of customer service. So sad, because this place used to be a gem!Special Features:
- All that it was cracked up to beLuraLouCDined on 9/3/2014I had heard of the Stone Cliff Inn before but I was not prepared for the lovely view and the beautiful lodge-like atmosphere. The food was also outstanding and the portions were huge! We were somewhat on a budget so we all ordered salads and soup but they were very filling. This restaurant is the whole package.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DanandDined on 9/3/2014A great spot that is different enough to be interesting and with a great view. Food was good for a moderate price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2014A group of 8 met for lunch and sat outside on the patio. The food, service and view were all outstanding. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great restaurant/beautiful groundsABMitchDined on 8/31/2014We have been to Stone Cliff twice recently and enjoyed both visits. Brunch was amazing and especially enjoyed the pulled pork benedict. We chose a table outside for the second visit and enjoyed the view as well as the good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful view.OCRoseDined on 8/31/2014Truly a beautiful location with lovely view of the Clackamas river. Sevice was excellent. Some food was excellent, some was not as great. Will gove them another chance, just in a smaller group, to see if the food is better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food...great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014My husband and I came to Stone Cliff Inn about 3 years ago when we were vacationing in Oregon and were hitting all the Twilight movie scene locations (mostly for me, the hubby was just being a good sport) and had decided we wanted to come back some day to actually experience the restaurant and food. When we moved to Oregon a couple months ago and my husband asked me where I wanted to go for our 18th wedding anniversary, naturally the first place that came to mind was Stone Cliff Inn. Food was delicious, ambiance was great and the service was top notch. We definitely plan on going back again, next time maybe for Sunday brunch or lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just GreatDpieDined on 8/29/2014Great place for romantic getaway And awesome evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mixed ExperiencediningoutalotDined on 8/26/2014The setting is stunning -- log mountain lodge, incredible views of the Clackamas River. The food was mixed -- we were in a party of 4, and some of us got excellent food (ribs, clam linguine --) but the $15 hamburger was not done as ordered. The wait staff was excellent - always attentive to their tables and serving us efficiently and well. The one puzzling problem we had was that we had a reservation, but when we arrived we were told that there was a delay of 30 min. We looked at the half full dining room and couldn't understand why our reservation would not be honored. As I was questioning the host about it, another host came up and said there was a table just opened up. We were seated quickly after all. Very curious. Misunderstanding?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get-Together CelebrationWoodPDXDined on 8/25/2014The service and the beautiful day made this an excellent, pleasant, relaxed outside lunch choice. Two of the three entrees were excellent, but the salmon Caesar salad was not much to rave about. The tiny piece of salmon was dry and the greens were too wet and became limp before the lunch ended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view - OK foodhowwierdDined on 8/24/2014We were seated by the window with a lovely view but over an AC vent and nearly froze. It is a really nice place and the service is really good. The food was good but not great. I had linguini with prawns in a white wine sauce and it was very bland. My husband had a steak, which he said was good (not great) and my 93 year old mother cioppino, which had a delicious broth but lacking in seafood (mostly contained fish). The outside seating is wonderful, however it was too long of a hike for my mother. I would go again for appetizers, brunch, or lunch - probably not for dinner. It is expensive for just OK food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long wait for foodDisappointedDined on 8/24/2014We reviewed the brunch menu on line. Once we arrived and viewed the menu, brunch items were limited and the.menu was nothing like the one on line. There was a large party there and we waited 50 minutes for our food! The waitress was very pleasant and apologized for the wait. Once food arrived it was overcooked and cold. I have been here before and the food was very good. It appears they aren't able to accommodate the general crowd along with a party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect spot for a romantic dateMandKDined on 8/21/2014An absolute gem by the clackamas river, the view was stellar especially as the sun was setting, and my BF being from the south really felt at home with how incredibly friendly the staff was! His favorite part was chatting with them, that and those AMAZING ribs! The noise from the road was a little annoying once in a while but the view of the river, the trees, the sunset, and the beautiful seating area made up for the occasional passing car. PLEASE go to this spot, I know my BF and I will be returning very soon!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014Our service was terrible. The worst I've ever had. Food was very good but I won't go back.Special Features:
- Untrained staffLoveItalianVIPDined on 8/21/2014Good food, pretty setting but pathetic service, the waitstaff is untrained. Mgmt hires untrained waiters and then does not train them. My waiter carried 2 empty coffee cups in one hand with his thumb and forefingers inside the mug as well as many other unsanitary acts.Special Features:
- Food vs. ServicejustlookingforaniceoptionDined on 8/18/2014A great place to go for good food and a nice view (IF you are sitting outside). Service was poor. One waiter (poor guy) was serving the entire inside of the restaurant...at the time we were there, that was about 8 tables of 4 or more people at each (mostly more than 4). He had no help from the hostess, or anyone else. (Should have at least had someone else taking care of drinks!). There were plenty of tables available, yet we were seated right by the bar and it was noisy. Views from inside are extremely limited. All of this...but the food was DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Dinner with out of town cousinSummer2014Dined on 8/18/2014We decided on Stone Cliff for dinner with an out of town relative we hadn't seen in years so it was a lot of catching up and not a quick dinner. We were there for over 2.5 hours and did not feel rushed at all which was very nice. The only complaint I have is that we did not have our water glasses refilled, which seems to be something that should be a priority for guests. The food was good, the view on the deck lovely. the overall experience was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful DayDinerGGDined on 8/17/2014We were looking for a great place for brunch to celebrate a birthday and a chance to get together with friends. Although they do not serve brunch, they have an amazing selection of fresh breakfast. We gobbled that down on the outdoor patio/deck, overlooking the scenic Clackamas River. The hostess, wait staff and atmosphere were all spot on and we will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutofTownerDined on 8/14/2014Took my Daughter who was visiting from Tampa, Florida and She loved it. Great Service, Great Food and Great View.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre at bestcarverneighborDined on 8/12/2014We live close by and eat there every other month. But we're always underwhelmed. I had a very expensive fatty rib eye. My husband will only order the burger. The waiter from NY however is terrific.Special Features:
- Great view on the river!PortlandnativeDined on 8/12/2014This was our 4th time here and each time it's not quite as good as the 1st time. I got the blackened halibut which was really "fishy" tasting...not quite right for halibut which never has that taste. So maybe it wasn't fresh. And they had a mango salsa which was not a salsa. It was cubed mango with tomatoes and cilantro. Cubing a fruit and vegetable with no sauce doesn't make it a salsa. My husband had the hazelnut chicken salad which was very good (as usual). All in all, the dinner was ok for me and good for my husband. We will go back since most of their food is pretty good and you can't beat the view from their deck or inside their restaurant.Special Features:
- nearly perfect eveningsnowwhiteDined on 8/10/2014Plenty of outdoor seating. Excellent, attentive staff. Fabulous menu. Great GF options. Great vegetarian options. Outstanding crusted chicken and garlicked potatoes. Inside was basically vacant...everyone wanted to sit outside! The only noise came from the Harley traffice on the road below.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.