Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
1999 Citracado Parkway
Escondido, CA 92029Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/home.asp
- Phone: 7602947866x1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chef Alex Carballo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering department is quickly growing and vastly expanding. We look forward to making everything from your company meeting to your wedding a delicious success.
Contact: Catering Manager
760.471.4999 ext 1742
- Special Events: Call or email for details!
Bistro Events Department
760.294.7866 ext. 1740
Andrea Parker; Events Manager
760.499.1999 ext 1740
See web site: www.stoneworldbistro.com for events information
- Public Transit: Catch the Eastbound Sprinter to Stone! Closest stop is Nordahl Road.
North County Transit District: Bus Route # 353
NCTD Phone Customer Service = 760.966.6500
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Carpool! We fill up fast. But bear with us. We've got some expansions going on. We're adding a whole new section of parking spaces. We'll soon have enough parking to accommodate you and all your friends.
A word from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
At Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, we endeavor to use as much in-season, locally and organically grown produce as possible. It's about much more than freshness and sustainability. Local, organic food--fresh from local growers AND our own farm to your table--simply tastes better and is better for you. Combine those benefits with our expansive gardens, our indoor and outdoor 32-tap beer systems and select wines and you've got a dining experience to satiate your--body, mind and soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
321 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (281)good for groups (176)fit for foodies (164)special occasion (151)great for lunch (134)scenic view (133)hot spot (117)vibrant bar scene (116)neighborhood gem (81)kid-friendly (79)romantic (77)great for brunch (48)late-night find (30)notable wine list (27)Show More
- Always great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014I've come here to dine 3 times over the course of 4 years and with such a big gap between visits you would expect a difference in the quality and dining. Each time though, it's as if I was there just yesterday. The quality is always superb, the taste is fantastic, and you can never go wrong with any dish you select because everything is balanced and unique. If you are a foodie, you must eat here. If you enjoy fine dining, eat here, but keep in mind the atmosphere is not fine dining. The decor and food are, but the dresscode and feel of the place is casual. So you can come dressed up a little or in sandals and jeans and not feel out of step with the rest of the patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appetizers good, beer greatKSisnerosVIPDined on 9/12/2014The appetizers were good, the beer awesome. However the main meals sucked. The sausage platter was over cooker, so was the chicken Marcello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go in Escondido!MarodiDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the dinner we had here. I had the Salmon, and my husband had the fish of the day. Both were excellent and their menu suggests pairings with their craft beers. Service is casual and friendly. The whole place puts you at ease to enjoy a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterGabrielVIPDined on 9/11/2014It had been a while since I last went, it was good before, but now it's much better. They changed the menu a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just great beer!umzta927Dined on 9/10/2014We love going for the beer, but we stay for the food. The stinky cheese plate is divine! The quail knots are hot, and the Korean ribs are a nice mixture so sweet and heat. It's our favorite date night locale, but we would be comfortable bringing children as well. Once you are done, take a stroll around the gardens, just gorgeous!Special Features:
- Have the Brisketyeoman3VIPDined on 9/8/2014The Brisket is outstanding at Stone Bistro. A great everyday or special occasion place.Special Features:
- Will definitely be going backfatNOmoreDined on 9/6/2014My girl and I decided to drive 40 miles on a whim to go somewhere "different". We are so glad that Stone is the place we decided to go to. Beautiful gardens, and architecture, amazing food and drinks... You just can ask for more than what Stone has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting much betterBirthdayDinnerDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant and garden are absolutely beautiful, the ambiance is great, the beer is great, the food not so much. Stick to appetizers & beer, the food was bland and my husband got a plate of cold food. And it is hot inside even though they have huge doors that are open to the garden, we actually rushed to eat our dinner to get out of there.Special Features:
- Not recommended for large groupsamirm74Dined on 9/6/2014The brewery and grounds are amazing and the staff did a great job accomodating us but the wait to order drinks and food was long and it took over an hour to get food out for a party of 23. Staff was friendly and knowledgable and the food was good but one pork chop came out raw which they were happy to replace but no one even apologized for the wait or raw pork which would seem appropriate. I own a small casual Mexican restaurant and I make sure my staff apologize even for a mistake on a $5 plate so perhaps I'm biased. We spent $1K but have to admit I was a little disappointed with the experience over all which was a gathering for my 40th birthday with close friends and family. Still love the beer and will go back but not with a large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New culture for beer drinkersGreenyDined on 9/5/2014Although I come mainly for the beer, I enjoy the food as well, which is a plus, but the great thing about Stone and what I admire and want to incorporate into my own company is that you've created a culture for beer drinkers. Shirts, coasters, etc., it's more than just a beer. It has become its own empire! You've made drinking cool, similar to wine enthusiasts, how they compare the different types of reds, whites, etc. I don't go to Stone Brewery to just slam down beers, I go to enjoy 2-3 great quality beers and really enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Beer toursunnyDined on 9/3/2014Everything was excellent! I would definitely come back! We started with the baby back ribs and the tilapia ceviche with some beer sampling and the blood orange refuge. AMAZING!! For the main course, we had the yummy BLT and the brisket. We both preferred the BLT but both were great. The tour was good but a little on the boring side, yet it ended with a wonderful beer tasting and you get to keep your tasting glass! I bought a tank top, a sweater and a coaster to savor this moment =)Special Features:
- Fantastic Date NightAKFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Couldn't have asked for a better date night for two foodies who love beer. The ambiance is lovely with lots of natural stone and foliage which helps to cut the noise from all the people (it gets really busy on weekends, so get a reservation)! The quail knots were perfectly fried and had a nice amount of spice and the olives were not too greasy. For entrees, the arrogant brisket and the bison were to die for! Cody, the waiter, was extremely helpful with choosing beer pairings that fit our tastes to go with each stage of the meal. Once again, great job Stone!Special Features:
- we were not servedfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress forgot to come and take our order and later told us kitchen was closed. So we just had to be content with beerSpecial Features:
- great place!YummyDined on 8/30/2014The place is really nice!! Love the beer and loved the food, we will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Food n Brew with a SmileDudeLovesBrewDined on 8/30/2014Friendly service that offers great food and brew! Impressed with the service and food along with the philosophy that drives the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens! I recommend that you to take the tour and enjoy the gardens, by the way we also met some pretty cool people that were enjoying the afternoon there as well! Great times for sure I will return soon for some more food and brew with a smile. PeaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereScouseDined on 8/30/2014The atmosphere is so relaxing and friendly. You can walk around the gardens with you beer in a real glass, sit in a comfy chair in sun or shade. We found everybody respectful and nobody left empty glasses around. No hard sell and good friendly service.Special Features:
- Seafood varietyAjayDined on 8/29/2014I would love to see more varieties of seefood appetizers and entriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GardensBrunchDined on 8/29/2014We come to this location for the gardens and the beer. Not so much for the food. The food is OK, overpriced. The gardens on the other hand are where its at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone BrewingrydogDined on 8/29/2014I was so excited to go, as Stone has been my favorite brewery for some time. What ambiance! Firepits, and ponds, with areas to walk around. The beer was excellent and the food was delicious. Our service was pretty horrid. The server went on break and disappeared for half the meal. He kept pushing their overstock soon to be expired beers on us, and when we finally relented (lets face it, Stone rarely makes a truly bad one) he high fived other servers and talked to them as if he had just won the world series. Very strange, I don't know why Stone would put on such a sales tactic.Special Features:
- it stone...GrangeVIPDined on 8/29/2014... so good beer, fun little tour and great food. probably my fav brewery to go to. They did a great job with their theme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place...BeachFamDined on 8/29/2014Been here twice and enjoyed both times. The service, food, drinks were all awesome. We have a 4 year-old and the waitress was very attentive to us and our son. We love the energy and atmosphere - every one was very chill and happy.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantAbi0Dined on 8/26/2014Great beers beautiful restaurant and garden, the food its ok but not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will become a regular...ParrotsofthecaribbeanDined on 8/25/2014The combination of the beer tour/sampling, great food, service and atmosphere was a great choice for our best friend's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but strange...justjayDined on 8/24/2014We are avid attendees of Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - having celebrated many occasions there we thought it would be the perfect fit for the birthday we were celebrating. The hostess sat us in the dark, literally with no lighting around us and then disappeared - we had to use flashlights to look at our menu until we were greeted 10 minutes later by someone (not our server), who was nice enough to bring us two candles. We sat at our table for another 10 minutes before our server greeted us (she was busy - understandably, they seemed under prepared for having that many people on a Sunday night - but 20 minutes?). Our drinks took a long time to appear, and everything after that was smooth. Will visit again - but was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday EveninghungryinsandiegoDined on 8/24/2014We took our two year old with us to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a reservation for 6.00 pm and were promptly seated when we arrived. The place was quite busy and the outside seating was full. There were a lot of kids playing and taking full advantage of the fish pond. Interior ambiance was nice and the food was quick to arrive. We ordered the stinky cheese plate and the pretzel dip. Both were good and went well with the Malbec I had. We decided to try the brownie for dessert. It came in a big bowl, four brownies with ice cream and topped with walnuts and whipped cream. It was not bad but not deliciously good either. The brownies had a strong bitter taste. Overall, it was a great evening and I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discovery!KatzVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were around the area of Escondido last Sunday and wanted to try an Organic restaurant that we have heard about so we went here. We made a reservation for 3.00 pm and got there at 2.55. At first they told us they would have our table in 2 minutes. After 15, I asked what was going on and they told me they were cleaning it. After another 10 minutes I started getting impatient and they told me again they were cleaning it. Finally after another 10 minutes they finally sat us down. So on the reception part, it was very bad. Fortunately, the server was very nice and brought our food as fast as she could. The food was delicious specially the Tilapia Ceviche. If we are around the area againg there is a great chance we´ll come back.Special Features:
- My Go-ToAdenise0Dined on 8/23/2014I've been here many times and I absolutely love it. My fiancé works for the company so we do get a notable discount while dining. The food is amazing!! The service is also amazing. After we are done eating we typically grab a beer and head outside to grab a lawn chair and enjoy the trees and noise from the ponds/insects. It reminds me of camping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've been wanting to come hereJcbooreDined on 8/23/2014I live 20 minutes from the Stone facility and had never made it here until last weekend. I love all of the Stone brews and coming to their place was a treat. An added bonus is that the food is terrific. I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone BreweryJCancelDined on 8/22/2014Did not have dinner, just sampled beers and did some appetizers. Had the stone pretzels, hummus, and the short ribs. The ribs were a little on the hot side but very tasty! Pretzels were delicious as well. Did not care so much for the hummus. But overall had a great time and Austin our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Beer Garden in San DiegoTonyDined on 8/22/2014Having lived in Germany for a few years, it is refreshing to find a beer garden in San Diego that is family friendly. The ample garden spaces and pond create allow plenty of opportunity for children to explore, and the extensive beer and wine list provide similar exploration possibilities for the adults. Only complaint is that the servers (like all servers in North America) insist on bringing the food and bill with a rapid fire approach, so plan your meal if you want it to be leisurely and order it only when you are ready for it to arrive. Otherwise appetizers, salads, and entrees all show up at once. Other than that the service was outstanding, and the food was great if priced slightly too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripAppreciategoodfoodDined on 8/21/2014We traveled from the OC just for lunch. It was my husbands first time and even he said it was worth the trip! Food was very good and the resentation was very upscale. The server was friendly and efficient. Soooo many beers to choose from. If you are not used to drinking their beer, it can be a bit daunting. Prices were very reasonable. But the place is a bit noisy. Both inside and out. Not horrible or so loud you can't stand it, but noisy none the less. I am glad this place is NOT kid friendly. I appreciate a grown up not 20-30 something kind of vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor space BUTLoveBeer83Dined on 8/21/2014We were eaten alive by bugs while trying to have lunch. The service was slow (on a week day) which made it even worseSpecial Features:
- So much fun!ashleyjenaDined on 8/18/2014We had so much fun at Stone Brewery. The surroundings were beautiful and our meal was delicious. We ate there for lunch on one of the last days on our honeymoon, and I highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysMacbryDined on 8/18/2014I've visited the Bistro 3 times now and have never been disappointed. Eclectic menu, meals are well prepared and taste great and the service is perfect. And of course, there is the BEER!!Special Features:
- ServicenevergonnabookhereDined on 8/17/2014Even though I made reservation, they did not seat us until 35 minutes later. I even had to ask the hostess when we will be seated she said you need to wait because we dont have any available seating and cant kick people out. What was the point of the reservation??? Secondly I put in a special request for outdoor patio seating on the reservation and they seated us INSIDE, not to mention that we were celebrating a birthday and I had to remind the waiter about it. The service sucked and the food was okay, nothing special; however, the scene was nice.Special Features:
- Great beer experienceBeerenthusiastDined on 8/17/2014The beer, food and grounds are great. A good location for a day trip and hang out all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointeddining4funDined on 8/16/2014We have been long time fans of stone since they were a very small microbrewery. We have eaten there many times. This experience was really sad. Service was slow we waited a long time for our food. I prefer wine with dinner. Glasses of wine are at 15 to 18 dollars for marginal wines. When I requested to try beforehand I was told no. We asked to speak to the service manager and he seemed very unconcerned. Our bill was 200 dollars for 4 of us. Given the service and the price I think we will skip it be t time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I scheduled a reservation a few days ahead only to be told that they were not taking anyone because of a water system failure. Well there went my organized evening.
- Fantastic dining experienceJessSDDined on 8/15/2014It had been several years since we last ate at Stone, and our experience exceeded our memory. The service, beer and food were all excellent. The outdoor dining area was elegant, but relaxed. It was lively with plenty of people, but not too noisy for conversation. It was a very enjoyable dinner for my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!CuagainDined on 8/12/2014I love everything about this place! The outdoor area is so relaxing and the service is always top notch!Special Features: