Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
1999 Citracado Parkway
Escondido, CA 92029Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/home.asp
- Phone: (760) 294-7866 ext. 1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chef Alex Carballo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering department is quickly growing and vastly expanding. We look forward to making everything from your company meeting to your wedding a delicious success.
Contact: Catering Manager
760.471.4999 ext 1742
- Special Events: Call or email for details!
Bistro Events Department
760.294.7866 ext. 1740
Andrea Parker; Events Manager
760.499.1999 ext 1740
See web site: www.stoneworldbistro.com for events information
- Public Transit: Catch the Eastbound Sprinter to Stone! Closest stop is Nordahl Road.
North County Transit District: Bus Route # 353
NCTD Phone Customer Service = 760.966.6500
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Carpool! We fill up fast. But bear with us. We've got some expansions going on. We're adding a whole new section of parking spaces. We'll soon have enough parking to accommodate you and all your friends.
A word from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
At Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, we endeavor to use as much in-season, locally and organically grown produce as possible. It's about much more than freshness and sustainability. Local, organic food--fresh from local growers AND our own farm to your table--simply tastes better and is better for you. Combine those benefits with our expansive gardens, our indoor and outdoor 32-tap beer systems and select wines and you've got a dining experience to satiate your--body, mind and soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
283 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (250)good for groups (181)fit for foodies (154)special occasion (137)vibrant bar scene (112)great for lunch (109)hot spot (109)scenic view (106)neighborhood gem (86)romantic (75)kid-friendly (63)great for brunch (36)late-night find (29)notable wine list (21)Show More
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014Stone Brewery is basically in an office park location, but they have built the restaurant so that it feels like it is out in the woods someplace. First of all, there is great indoor and outdoor dining. We dined outdoors overlooking the gardens--very nice. As you would suspect, the beer menu is extensive and the waiter knew his stuff on beer. As you may not suspect, the food was great. The concept is 'World' gardens and bistro, so there is a dish to please just about anyone. They had German, Italian, Indian, Asian, etc--plenty of choices. Both our meals were great. We left wishing it was nearer to our home--we visited here on a weekend getaway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedFabulousVIPDined on 11/16/2014Stone does an excellent job in preparing the food and presenting it in an amazing environment. Each dish is crafted specially - just like their varieties of beer. Excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/16/2014The food was not great. Very unappetizing kids menuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved this place!RachfaceDined on 11/15/2014This was my first visit and it was awesome. Great service, amazing food (Brussel sprouts and arrogant brisket), huge outdoor seating area. We took the tour after lunch and became well informed on Stone Brewery! Loved everything about this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unlike any otherbeernfoodyespleaseDined on 11/8/2014had dinner there, most recently, although I have been there for lunch as well. the food was really good, a nice variety. of course, the beer list is terrific, and the quality is top notch. but you can't overlook the unique architecture and outdoor layout of this place. it is amazing and worth a stop just to see it all. however, once you stop you won't be able to leave without trying some of their great beer. this place is always a special treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014everything was good except my reservation that I made for the patio was not honored. when we got there they said it would be a 20 minute wait and we had to sit inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun with ambianceWineMeDineMeDined on 11/8/2014Though it's a little out of the way, Stone Brewing Co is well worth the drive. If you enjoy beer (especially dark beer) you'll love this place. You can take a short tour of the brewery and sample some of what they brew. But the real joy is in the restaurant which serves exceptional, wholesome food that they mainly grow themselves. It's also a great place to people watch.Special Features:
- DoccVIPDined on 11/6/2014They don't really have a lunch menu, just small plates that the waiter said would not serve well for a lunch and then the dinner entres. Most the combinations were strange to us and we do a LOT of eating out. Perhaps if you were a very frequent eater at The Stone Brewing, you would get to understand the menu and enjoy the unique servings. My IPA was bitter and there was no sweet red wine for the wife to enjoy.Special Features:
- Nice well presented, loud, tastySennaDined on 11/5/2014Really lovely place. We are vegetarians who dont eat eggs and okay with dairy, so, had a very limited selection to start with. Whatever we did get was delicious and well presented. Service was good and fast. They kept on changing our server again and again --it was a little confusing. My kid did not have any options as a vegetarian besides grilled cheese sandwich or mac and cheese in the kids menu. . I wish they had more vegan items for kids and for adults as well. :) And, dont take the kids---people drink too much and are loud. Maybe a separate seating section for families would be nice.Special Features:
- Awesome brews!DizzytalkerDined on 11/5/2014Appetizers good - especially fried olives. But the entrees are just so so and disappointing. Presentation o.k. But taste just so so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodchiloveDined on 11/3/2014I love that Stone serves many local ingredients. I rarely eat out for the limited accessibility to any farm-to-table like restaurants. I can't wait until Stone starts serving pasture-raised meats.Special Features:
- Even better that expected!yumyumDined on 11/3/2014The restaurant was beautifully laid out, awesome stone everywhere. The gardens where you could take your beer and or appetizer was the perfect setting to enjoy with one special person or a fun group of friends. The beer speaks for itself, if you are there you know how good Stone beers are, but the wine list was also impressive. Now for the food we had appetizers before our tour and a meal after our tour. Best soft pretzels ever, the fried olives and almonds were addictive. I had the pork chop dinner, my husband had the brisket and both were amazing. We can't wait to go back! Staff are friendly, and still professional. It's obvious everyone loves their job at Stone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CindyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/2/2014We had excellent service and the food choices were all so interesting. Not for the simple burger people for sure. Each plate was very unique and flavorful. Of course the beer is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday dinner experienceBdaygirlDined on 11/1/2014My husband and I came for my 27th birthday with 2 of our friends and the overall the night was a hit! The only things that made it a 4 star instea of 5 were: 1. our waiter didn't introduce himself, we actually had to ask if he would be our waiter for the night 2. There was plenty of open seating yet we were sat directly in front of another large party that was very loud 3. We sat outdoors and it started to sprinkle rain and we were not asked if we wanted to be moved indoors 4. The outdoor bar closed around 10, and 5. The food wasn't AS good as it usually is. Even with all that though, the atmosphere is really chill and it's a good time !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PlaceLoveitDined on 11/1/2014This is a wonderful place to eat and have a nice meal. They a fair amount of stuff on the menu in house, and the care that they take with the food shows. Not to mention the beer. They have a nice beer bottle list, along with a lot on draft. There is their house beer, along with a revolving list of other breweries, that changes often. Come, enjoy and have a great meal!Special Features:
- Great place, food averageFoodAficionado1Dined on 11/1/2014This is a fun and vibrant restaurant with a pretty big crowd at all times. The issue is their menu. We tried four or five different dishes and lets just say we wee not impressed by the food. Sandwiches are served with tortilla chips- what happened to good old French fries? Fries go great with beer!! Tuna sandwich, tilapia, noodles, all average. For the price, they need to revamp the menu. Dessert menu was lacking anything for the non-chocolate lover. Service was just ok.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful SettingRedwingerDined on 10/28/2014First visit to San Diego and being a craft beer fan, this was a must-stop. We had dinner in their beautiful outdoor setting and it was quiet and gorgeous. Very extensive menu that is veggie friendly and diverse. Terrific selection of beer on draft and in bottles. An overall great evening at Stone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of ALL WorldsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/27/2014Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens has it all. Come one, come all this place is hands down and incredible restaurant, location, service, food selection, dietary awareness, ambiance. I can't wait to return 100 times!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/26/2014Our only disappointment was that the dinner menu was somewhat limited, not enough basic items like pasta or burgers that go with a casual night and beer. Interesting menu, but we all went over it for a while wondering what would be good. The brisket was fantastic. Some of our party wanted more basic items such as a beef steak vs. a bison steak, simple things like that...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mssOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/24/2014This is the absolute best place. We come here about 2-3 times per year. We are never disappointed. We love food, beer and service. We think it's the most beautiful place in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- San Diego Best!DKSVDined on 10/24/2014It is not a surprise to connect great craft beer in San diego with Stone. But the chef, service, dining areas and the menu items are incredibly special also. We love this bistro because the dining experience is simply outstanding. Although the menu has a wonerful, variety my only suggestion is at least one more vegetarian (not pasta) entree. I enjoyed the wine selection, brussel sprouts app and the sea bass dish but would have also loved another vegetable option. Thank you to the chef and staff for another exceptional evening at Stone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday night gemRedheadDined on 10/23/2014Stone is a great place but often too busy to get a table for dinner. Thursday night are wonderful. Quiet and service great as there are not as many diners at the restaurantSpecial Features:
- Awesome brewsMattmanDined on 10/22/2014Fizzy yellow beer is for wussies! Best slogan ever!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and setting, food okRobbieDined on 10/21/2014Great brewery of course. very unique. service is very friendly and efficient. Did not have to wait long for anything. The Bizon chop was very tasty. The beef brisket was dry and not so tasty though. Pretzels Really great so was the Brussels sprouts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer's DelightPigsinablanketDined on 10/20/2014Our entire experience at Stone was wonderful. The ambiance was sublime, the service was fantastic and the food was unmatched. And, of course the beer was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite place to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Stone Brewery is a fantastic restaurant! The service and menu are both the best aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent As AlwaysAndrewDined on 10/19/2014I've been to both this location and the Liberty Station one several times. The past two times I have had to shift around reservations at the last minute, but no matter what, they always had a table ready. Their beer cheese soup is always an excellent way to start a meal. I always try to have something different each time, and coming from the Pour It Black beer festival, decided to continue that trend in beverages and go with a dish to compliment in the form of the Arrogant Brisket, which was delicious. The meat practically melted in my mouth and all I needed was a fork to cut it. Service was excellent and everything was delivered at just the right time. I am not sure I can recommend eating here at least once strongly enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautful!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014This place was absolutely stunning, a great place to sit and enjoy for hours. Food is unique and delicious, would recommend it to anyone looking to really enjoy themselves. Will be back for sure!Special Features:
- Best Brewery in SDSteveDined on 10/19/2014Great place to go a long lunch with the best BLT in SD. The outdoor dining is a view unto itself. A little loud but that is what the setting is. Servers were great. Food prices are a little high but the food is excellent. Will go back.Special Features:
- Food is not on par with BeerbzamaconaDined on 10/18/2014Stone Brewery is a San Diego institution, that goes without saying. Every brew is exquisite and having it at this location makes it that much better and enjoyable. The location is AMAZING, and outdoor dining here is a must. The food, however, is lackluster, bland, and really void of anything special, which is unfortunate. I would have no problem throwing down $200 for a family dinner, as I did on this last visit, on a regular occasion if the food was actually memorable. When I come back, I'll pre-game with a dinner and food elsewhere, and only come here for the beer. Don't waste your hard-earned money for mediocre food.Special Features:
- nonicknameVIPDined on 10/17/2014I found this restaurant thru Open Table and we ate here Fri nite after flying in. Really hard to find, especially in the dark in an unfamiliar place. We were glad we persevered, because we enjoyed the experience. The outdoor dining looked fabulous but we ate inside, which is also lovely. The beer selection is extensive but they have some nice wines too. I had the pork chop and my companion had the chicken schnitzel. Both were well-prepared and delicious. We shared a salad with grilled peaches which was good, and shared a brownie dessert which we enjoyed. Service was professional, staff were friendly. They have valet parking which i recommend. A very good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014My wife and I went here for the first time. The beer and wine is very good and walking around the grounds is very relaxing. The meal portions(the one i had) seems a bit on the small side but it turned out to be very filling. I am a dark beer person and so far this place move to the top of my list. The service is top notch, friendly, and punctual.Special Features:
- Always greatKISSUSMCDined on 10/16/2014This was my 6th visit for dinner and it's been the same great experience each time. On this last visit, we sat and talked until closing. A manager very politely informed us that we had to leave and continued to talk with us as we made our way to the exit. I've had the bison chop twice so far and highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not to be missedkjindenverVIPDined on 10/16/2014This is a very special place and not your typical brewery dining venue. The setting it's magical with gardens, streams, and numerous places to tuck yourself away with a drink while you wait for a table. I went here with my family on vacation. We explored the gardens and then start in the modern indie setting. I had one of the tastiest meals I've had in a long time. The beer and wine lists are extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just perfectHoppyCustomerDined on 10/16/2014We flew in from Chicago and went straight to Stone for lunch, followed by a brewery tour. Our server was great, food was excellent, and the outdoor dining was ideal. Can't wait to be back in California and go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/15/2014We happened to be there on stashetoberfest, a fundraiser for a local cause, so it was crazy busy and loud. But we were still sat at our reservation time and the service was excellent and the food did not take long and was excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot!shaunnshirlsDined on 10/11/2014We had a great time at Stone. It has a great energy and is a vibrant environment. Lots of different options on the menu. Enjoy the food and the atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything was greatryanmDined on 10/11/2014Each course was exceptional, we all shared parts of our entrees because we just had to share how good the different dishes were.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blipsterDined on 10/10/2014Our server was great. Very attentive but not hovering. :) As usual food and beer was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Beer Gardener's Beer GardenSarre9Dined on 10/8/2014Stone Brewing Wold Bistro & Gardens in Escondido is a must visit. Perfect way to impress the out-of-towners looking for a new dining experience. From farm fresh foods to an excellent Beer and pretty good wine list, there is something for everyone. Veggies will love the choices. Carnivores will find several dishes to choose from. Then there is the architecture and gardens. From gargoyles in stone to a bubbling stream running through the heart of the restaurant, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens has something for almost everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.