Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
1999 Citracado Parkway
Escondido, CA 92029Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/home.asp
- Phone: 7602947866x1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chef Alex Carballo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering department is quickly growing and vastly expanding. We look forward to making everything from your company meeting to your wedding a delicious success.
Contact: Catering Manager
760.471.4999 ext 1742
- Special Events: Call or email for details!
Bistro Events Department
760.294.7866 ext. 1740
Andrea Parker; Events Manager
760.499.1999 ext 1740
See web site: www.stoneworldbistro.com for events information
- Public Transit: Catch the Eastbound Sprinter to Stone! Closest stop is Nordahl Road.
North County Transit District: Bus Route # 353
NCTD Phone Customer Service = 760.966.6500
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Carpool! We fill up fast. But bear with us. We've got some expansions going on. We're adding a whole new section of parking spaces. We'll soon have enough parking to accommodate you and all your friends.
A word from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
At Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, we endeavor to use as much in-season, locally and organically grown produce as possible. It's about much more than freshness and sustainability. Local, organic food--fresh from local growers AND our own farm to your table--simply tastes better and is better for you. Combine those benefits with our expansive gardens, our indoor and outdoor 32-tap beer systems and select wines and you've got a dining experience to satiate your--body, mind and soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
319 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (278)good for groups (185)fit for foodies (164)special occasion (152)great for lunch (135)scenic view (129)hot spot (120)vibrant bar scene (119)neighborhood gem (82)kid-friendly (75)romantic (74)great for brunch (45)late-night find (31)notable wine list (29)Show More
- Excellent Place for LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Stopped by for beer and ended up having an awesome lunch. Food competes with high end restaurants. The duck tacos were paired with black beans, corn and green onions. And of course the smoked porter was the perfect compliment. The service was also superb, friendly, fast and professional. We'll be baaaaack!Special Features:
- Awesome beerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/28/2014Beer was awesome! We did not get a chance to tour the brewery, but will definitely come back and try it next time. Love the beer cheese soup. The food was good, although on the pricey side. I had the almond crusted tilapia which tasted great! My husband had the albacore melt, it was good too. Would recommend this place for hanging out with friends and drinking beer!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014my first time at this restaurant..,it was wonderful place will be back soon.Special Features:
- Brewery and great restaurantBrewDined on 9/26/2014So if you love serious beer and want to have a lovely lunch or dinner in a great setting, this is for you. Food is fresh, locally sourced, and elegant. Everything was fresh, perfectly cooked, and delicious. Indoor space is airy with views of outdoor space and brewery operations. Outdoor space has comfortable dining and gardens to wander and relax.Special Features:
- Nice outdoor dining with good food.MCK1VIPDined on 9/25/2014Food was really good. Lots of space, nice outdoor area, friendly waitstaff.Special Features:
- Stone Brewing Reviewluv2eatDined on 9/24/2014The ambiance is very nice. Outdoor dining is terrific. The food overall is good, but I found the menu to be somewhat limited. Prices were reasonable. I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, better beer.ilovestoneDined on 9/24/2014I wasn't expecting the food to be as good as it was, as stone is known for beer. I was pleasantly surprised though. The bison chop my girlfriend got was surprisingly tender and my arrogant brisket was so tender and flavorful, it nearly melted in my mouth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food & beerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014The food and beer selection is amazing! All of the food is from their organic farm. Great service! Beautiful scenery. Brussel sprouts are a must!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Everything about Stone Brewing Bistro & Gardens was amazing. Loved the decor, food and setting. Staff was super nice. I will definitely be going back again. Next time I'll leave room in my schedule to take the tour of the brewery as well.Special Features:
- Much ImprovedFabulousVIPDined on 9/20/2014Loved the food, the ambiance and the waiter was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodkepeteDined on 9/19/2014We ordered food and beers.. both were delicious! I like more of a lighter beer though, so it was not a Stone beer. The food was good, but expensive for what it is. I would go there again, but for an occasion, not just because.Special Features:
- In Laws dinnerPRTRZDined on 9/19/2014Out of town guests that thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, food, beer and service. Quite surprised by the food selection and then how good the food actually was. Enjoyed the evening and would come back in a heart beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!NorthwestKikiDined on 9/19/2014I recently visited the Stone Brewing World Bistro on a visit from Seattle. My daughter who is a beer aficionado said it was 'must do'. I am so glad I did - the whole evening was wonderful. Great beer list... I had their 2012 Stone Old Guardian Barley Wine. Super! Menu was very diverse, and they specialize in organic locally grown veggies. I would highly recommend coming here for any type of occasion. It is a large place, huge outdoor seating area. They have the neatest outdoor garden area, where you can sit on a big rock or nestle in the trees with a date for a romantic setting, or wander through - children have room to roam as well.Special Features:
- scenicOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014beautiful scenic ambiance. On the pricey side, great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food.corculumDined on 9/14/2014I've come here to dine 3 times over the course of 4 years and with such a big gap between visits you would expect a difference in the quality and dining. Each time though, it's as if I was there just yesterday. The quality is always superb, the taste is fantastic, and you can never go wrong with any dish you select because everything is balanced and unique. If you are a foodie, you must eat here. If you enjoy fine dining, eat here, but keep in mind the atmosphere is not fine dining. The decor and food are, but the dresscode and feel of the place is casual. So you can come dressed up a little or in sandals and jeans and not feel out of step with the rest of the patrons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded expectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent service, excellent food, excellent beer! Exceeded expectations. Restaurant was full but food came out under 7 minutes, drinks in less than 3 minutes.Special Features:
- Appetizers good, beer greatKSisnerosVIPDined on 9/12/2014The appetizers were good, the beer awesome. However the main meals sucked. The sausage platter was over cooker, so was the chicken Marcello.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A must go in Escondido!MarodiDined on 9/12/2014We really enjoyed the dinner we had here. I had the Salmon, and my husband had the fish of the day. Both were excellent and their menu suggests pairings with their craft beers. Service is casual and friendly. The whole place puts you at ease to enjoy a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BetterGabrielVIPDined on 9/11/2014It had been a while since I last went, it was good before, but now it's much better. They changed the menu a bit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come for the beertheiceweaselDined on 9/10/2014I highly recommend asking to be seated outside if the weather is nice, the atmosphere they have created on the patio is great, especially if you get a table on the edges overlooking their pond and garden area. My wife and I each found a beer on tap that fit our own preferred tastes which we enjoyed greatly. The food itself can be hit and miss. They have some great concepts, but sometimes the execution can fall short of the expectations they create with the menu. The bright spot of the night for both of us was the Tilapia Ceviche, it had the right mix of acid, heat and freshness which we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just great beer!umzta927Dined on 9/10/2014We love going for the beer, but we stay for the food. The stinky cheese plate is divine! The quail knots are hot, and the Korean ribs are a nice mixture so sweet and heat. It's our favorite date night locale, but we would be comfortable bringing children as well. Once you are done, take a stroll around the gardens, just gorgeous!Special Features:
- Have the Brisketyeoman3VIPDined on 9/8/2014The Brisket is outstanding at Stone Bistro. A great everyday or special occasion place.Special Features:
- Will definitely be going backfatNOmoreDined on 9/6/2014My girl and I decided to drive 40 miles on a whim to go somewhere "different". We are so glad that Stone is the place we decided to go to. Beautiful gardens, and architecture, amazing food and drinks... You just can ask for more than what Stone has to offer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expecting much betterBirthdayDinnerDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant and garden are absolutely beautiful, the ambiance is great, the beer is great, the food not so much. Stick to appetizers & beer, the food was bland and my husband got a plate of cold food. And it is hot inside even though they have huge doors that are open to the garden, we actually rushed to eat our dinner to get out of there.Special Features:
- Not recommended for large groupsamirm74Dined on 9/6/2014The brewery and grounds are amazing and the staff did a great job accomodating us but the wait to order drinks and food was long and it took over an hour to get food out for a party of 23. Staff was friendly and knowledgable and the food was good but one pork chop came out raw which they were happy to replace but no one even apologized for the wait or raw pork which would seem appropriate. I own a small casual Mexican restaurant and I make sure my staff apologize even for a mistake on a $5 plate so perhaps I'm biased. We spent $1K but have to admit I was a little disappointed with the experience over all which was a gathering for my 40th birthday with close friends and family. Still love the beer and will go back but not with a large party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New culture for beer drinkersGreenyDined on 9/5/2014Although I come mainly for the beer, I enjoy the food as well, which is a plus, but the great thing about Stone and what I admire and want to incorporate into my own company is that you've created a culture for beer drinkers. Shirts, coasters, etc., it's more than just a beer. It has become its own empire! You've made drinking cool, similar to wine enthusiasts, how they compare the different types of reds, whites, etc. I don't go to Stone Brewery to just slam down beers, I go to enjoy 2-3 great quality beers and really enjoy it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st Beer toursunnyDined on 9/3/2014Everything was excellent! I would definitely come back! We started with the baby back ribs and the tilapia ceviche with some beer sampling and the blood orange refuge. AMAZING!! For the main course, we had the yummy BLT and the brisket. We both preferred the BLT but both were great. The tour was good but a little on the boring side, yet it ended with a wonderful beer tasting and you get to keep your tasting glass! I bought a tank top, a sweater and a coaster to savor this moment =)Special Features:
- Fantastic Date NightAKFoodieDined on 8/31/2014Couldn't have asked for a better date night for two foodies who love beer. The ambiance is lovely with lots of natural stone and foliage which helps to cut the noise from all the people (it gets really busy on weekends, so get a reservation)! The quail knots were perfectly fried and had a nice amount of spice and the olives were not too greasy. For entrees, the arrogant brisket and the bison were to die for! Cody, the waiter, was extremely helpful with choosing beer pairings that fit our tastes to go with each stage of the meal. Once again, great job Stone!Special Features:
- we were not servedfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Our waitress forgot to come and take our order and later told us kitchen was closed. So we just had to be content with beerSpecial Features:
- great place!YummyDined on 8/30/2014The place is really nice!! Love the beer and loved the food, we will definitely be back!!Special Features:
- Food n Brew with a SmileDudeLovesBrewDined on 8/30/2014Friendly service that offers great food and brew! Impressed with the service and food along with the philosophy that drives the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens! I recommend that you to take the tour and enjoy the gardens, by the way we also met some pretty cool people that were enjoying the afternoon there as well! Great times for sure I will return soon for some more food and brew with a smile. PeaceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphereScouseDined on 8/30/2014The atmosphere is so relaxing and friendly. You can walk around the gardens with you beer in a real glass, sit in a comfy chair in sun or shade. We found everybody respectful and nobody left empty glasses around. No hard sell and good friendly service.Special Features:
- Seafood varietyAjayDined on 8/29/2014I would love to see more varieties of seefood appetizers and entriesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GardensBrunchDined on 8/29/2014We come to this location for the gardens and the beer. Not so much for the food. The food is OK, overpriced. The gardens on the other hand are where its at!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone BrewingrydogDined on 8/29/2014I was so excited to go, as Stone has been my favorite brewery for some time. What ambiance! Firepits, and ponds, with areas to walk around. The beer was excellent and the food was delicious. Our service was pretty horrid. The server went on break and disappeared for half the meal. He kept pushing their overstock soon to be expired beers on us, and when we finally relented (lets face it, Stone rarely makes a truly bad one) he high fived other servers and talked to them as if he had just won the world series. Very strange, I don't know why Stone would put on such a sales tactic.Special Features:
- it stone...GrangeVIPDined on 8/29/2014... so good beer, fun little tour and great food. probably my fav brewery to go to. They did a great job with their theme.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place...BeachFamDined on 8/29/2014Been here twice and enjoyed both times. The service, food, drinks were all awesome. We have a 4 year-old and the waitress was very attentive to us and our son. We love the energy and atmosphere - every one was very chill and happy.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurantAbi0Dined on 8/26/2014Great beers beautiful restaurant and garden, the food its ok but not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will become a regular...ParrotsofthecaribbeanDined on 8/25/2014The combination of the beer tour/sampling, great food, service and atmosphere was a great choice for our best friend's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but strange...justjayDined on 8/24/2014We are avid attendees of Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - having celebrated many occasions there we thought it would be the perfect fit for the birthday we were celebrating. The hostess sat us in the dark, literally with no lighting around us and then disappeared - we had to use flashlights to look at our menu until we were greeted 10 minutes later by someone (not our server), who was nice enough to bring us two candles. We sat at our table for another 10 minutes before our server greeted us (she was busy - understandably, they seemed under prepared for having that many people on a Sunday night - but 20 minutes?). Our drinks took a long time to appear, and everything after that was smooth. Will visit again - but was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.