Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
1999 Citracado Parkway
Escondido, CA 92029Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stoneworldbistro.com/home.asp
- Phone: 7602947866x1700
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday Brunch: Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Comfort Food, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Chef Alex Carballo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Our catering department is quickly growing and vastly expanding. We look forward to making everything from your company meeting to your wedding a delicious success.
Contact: Catering Manager
760.471.4999 ext 1742
- Special Events: Call or email for details!
Bistro Events Department
760.294.7866 ext. 1740
Andrea Parker; Events Manager
760.499.1999 ext 1740
See web site: www.stoneworldbistro.com for events information
- Public Transit: Catch the Eastbound Sprinter to Stone! Closest stop is Nordahl Road.
North County Transit District: Bus Route # 353
NCTD Phone Customer Service = 760.966.6500
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Carpool! We fill up fast. But bear with us. We've got some expansions going on. We're adding a whole new section of parking spaces. We'll soon have enough parking to accommodate you and all your friends.
A word from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens
At Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, we endeavor to use as much in-season, locally and organically grown produce as possible. It's about much more than freshness and sustainability. Local, organic food--fresh from local growers AND our own farm to your table--simply tastes better and is better for you. Combine those benefits with our expansive gardens, our indoor and outdoor 32-tap beer systems and select wines and you've got a dining experience to satiate your--body, mind and soul.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Best Restaurants in Escondido ›
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens reviews from OpenTable diners
301 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (263)good for groups (161)fit for foodies (147)special occasion (143)great for lunch (129)scenic view (121)hot spot (100)vibrant bar scene (100)kid-friendly (75)neighborhood gem (75)romantic (71)great for brunch (50)notable wine list (25)late-night find (25)Show More
- Beautiful restaurantAbi0Dined on 8/26/2014Great beers beautiful restaurant and garden, the food its ok but not greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will become a regular...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014The combination of the beer tour/sampling, great food, service and atmosphere was a great choice for our best friend's birthday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, but strange...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014We are avid attendees of Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - having celebrated many occasions there we thought it would be the perfect fit for the birthday we were celebrating. The hostess sat us in the dark, literally with no lighting around us and then disappeared - we had to use flashlights to look at our menu until we were greeted 10 minutes later by someone (not our server), who was nice enough to bring us two candles. We sat at our table for another 10 minutes before our server greeted us (she was busy - understandably, they seemed under prepared for having that many people on a Sunday night - but 20 minutes?). Our drinks took a long time to appear, and everything after that was smooth. Will visit again - but was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Sunday EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/24/2014We took our two year old with us to celebrate my husband's birthday. We had a reservation for 6.00 pm and were promptly seated when we arrived. The place was quite busy and the outside seating was full. There were a lot of kids playing and taking full advantage of the fish pond. Interior ambiance was nice and the food was quick to arrive. We ordered the stinky cheese plate and the pretzel dip. Both were good and went well with the Malbec I had. We decided to try the brownie for dessert. It came in a big bowl, four brownies with ice cream and topped with walnuts and whipped cream. It was not bad but not deliciously good either. The brownies had a strong bitter taste. Overall, it was a great evening and I'll definitely be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discovery!KatzVIPDined on 8/24/2014We were around the area of Escondido last Sunday and wanted to try an Organic restaurant that we have heard about so we went here. We made a reservation for 3.00 pm and got there at 2.55. At first they told us they would have our table in 2 minutes. After 15, I asked what was going on and they told me they were cleaning it. After another 10 minutes I started getting impatient and they told me again they were cleaning it. Finally after another 10 minutes they finally sat us down. So on the reception part, it was very bad. Fortunately, the server was very nice and brought our food as fast as she could. The food was delicious specially the Tilapia Ceviche. If we are around the area againg there is a great chance we´ll come back.Special Features:
- I've been wanting to come hereJcbooreDined on 8/23/2014I live 20 minutes from the Stone facility and had never made it here until last weekend. I love all of the Stone brews and coming to their place was a treat. An added bonus is that the food is terrific. I will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone BreweryJCancelDined on 8/22/2014Did not have dinner, just sampled beers and did some appetizers. Had the stone pretzels, hummus, and the short ribs. The ribs were a little on the hot side but very tasty! Pretzels were delicious as well. Did not care so much for the hummus. But overall had a great time and Austin our server was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Beer Garden in San DiegoTonyDined on 8/22/2014Having lived in Germany for a few years, it is refreshing to find a beer garden in San Diego that is family friendly. The ample garden spaces and pond create allow plenty of opportunity for children to explore, and the extensive beer and wine list provide similar exploration possibilities for the adults. Only complaint is that the servers (like all servers in North America) insist on bringing the food and bill with a rapid fire approach, so plan your meal if you want it to be leisurely and order it only when you are ready for it to arrive. Otherwise appetizers, salads, and entrees all show up at once. Other than that the service was outstanding, and the food was great if priced slightly too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripAppreciategoodfoodDined on 8/21/2014We traveled from the OC just for lunch. It was my husbands first time and even he said it was worth the trip! Food was very good and the resentation was very upscale. The server was friendly and efficient. Soooo many beers to choose from. If you are not used to drinking their beer, it can be a bit daunting. Prices were very reasonable. But the place is a bit noisy. Both inside and out. Not horrible or so loud you can't stand it, but noisy none the less. I am glad this place is NOT kid friendly. I appreciate a grown up not 20-30 something kind of vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor space BUTLoveBeer83Dined on 8/21/2014We were eaten alive by bugs while trying to have lunch. The service was slow (on a week day) which made it even worseSpecial Features:
- Great as alwaysMacbryDined on 8/18/2014I've visited the Bistro 3 times now and have never been disappointed. Eclectic menu, meals are well prepared and taste great and the service is perfect. And of course, there is the BEER!!Special Features:
- ServicenevergonnabookhereDined on 8/17/2014Even though I made reservation, they did not seat us until 35 minutes later. I even had to ask the hostess when we will be seated she said you need to wait because we dont have any available seating and cant kick people out. What was the point of the reservation??? Secondly I put in a special request for outdoor patio seating on the reservation and they seated us INSIDE, not to mention that we were celebrating a birthday and I had to remind the waiter about it. The service sucked and the food was okay, nothing special; however, the scene was nice.Special Features:
- Great beer experienceBeerenthusiastDined on 8/17/2014The beer, food and grounds are great. A good location for a day trip and hang out all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really disappointeddining4funDined on 8/16/2014We have been long time fans of stone since they were a very small microbrewery. We have eaten there many times. This experience was really sad. Service was slow we waited a long time for our food. I prefer wine with dinner. Glasses of wine are at 15 to 18 dollars for marginal wines. When I requested to try beforehand I was told no. We asked to speak to the service manager and he seemed very unconcerned. Our bill was 200 dollars for 4 of us. Given the service and the price I think we will skip it be t time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014I scheduled a reservation a few days ahead only to be told that they were not taking anyone because of a water system failure. Well there went my organized evening.
- Fantastic dining experienceJessSDDined on 8/15/2014It had been several years since we last ate at Stone, and our experience exceeded our memory. The service, beer and food were all excellent. The outdoor dining area was elegant, but relaxed. It was lively with plenty of people, but not too noisy for conversation. It was a very enjoyable dinner for my husband and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love!CuagainDined on 8/12/2014I love everything about this place! The outdoor area is so relaxing and the service is always top notch!Special Features:
- Quite a treatEastcoastDined on 8/10/2014The look and feel of Stone Brewery is one that cannot be matched. It is unlike anything I have seen before. The food was great, the beer was delicious, and the view was special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very RelaxingWillDined on 8/9/2014Finally a comfortable place to enjoy without feeling out of place. Being a minority in a mixed relationship with a Mexican wife, we've always been made to feel unwelcomed. Just odd. But at Stone Brewery, patrons and staff seemed to have cared less. People did what I often expect people to do. Focus on their good time while the staff provides great service. Again, very relaxing and comforting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply amazingRoxburriteDined on 8/9/2014Stunning garden scene, delicious food and an amazing beer selection. What more could you want?Special Features:
- fun the familyTreat2getoutDined on 8/8/2014Fun, lively and awesome food. Very pleasant, friendly knowledgeable staff. Excellent food and huge selection of beers. We arrived 15 minutes late but we're seated immediately. Beautiful establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what it washatenicknamesVIPDined on 8/8/2014We've been to the Gardens several times since it opened and always make it a stop when going to SD from Los Angeles. We felt that this time it lost its magic. My kid's Soba dish wasn't Soba noodles. My wife's dish was cold and not exactly what they said it was on the menu. Mine was overly salty. Maybe they've grown too big too fast, but the details that used to be there weren't. Hoping they'll find their way before our next trip down there.Special Features:
- Dinning at StoneLondonDined on 8/8/2014This is my second visit to Stone Brewing. It is a must for anyone in the San Diego area. Stone is known for having the best craft beer in the market. But they have built a beautiful spot for lunch and dinner or for those that just want to sample there fantastic beer. Whether you eat inside or outside the vibe is great. An eclectic menu that has something for everyone. I have had the duck tacos and the sausage on my two visits and both were unbeatable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tannytDined on 8/7/2014I'm a fan of this restaurant and its concept. Setting, food, and energy are spectacular. And the beers--the best. I'm sure the wine is good too. Plaudits to the founders and their vision.Special Features:
- Great ambianceSpikerDined on 8/4/2014I highly recommend dinner at Stone Brewery. We were more than thrilled that they offered a Meat Free Monday menu so they could accommodate our vegan diet. Service was initially a little slow to get our drinks and appetizers (the house was packed) but everything was absolutely delicious once it came. Exterior heat lamps kept us warm even the temperature dropped. The beer had more of a distinct hop flavor which pleasantly surprised us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Usually greatQuincy56Dined on 8/4/2014Usually very good, had the seafood dish with marinara sauce, and it was very bland except for being very hot (spicy), no interesting flavors. I was disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvUstoneDined on 8/3/2014We celebrated my nephew's 40th birthday on a Sunday for lunch. Our waiter, Gabe, was most cordial and enjoyable and his service was excellent. His knowledge about the food and beer was most helpful in making our selections. My nephew's parents drove a 3-1/2 hour drive from Thousand Oaks, CA for the occasion, and said they would do it again just to go to Stone's. After we ate, we moved over into the 'parklike' setting to enjoy more drinks and birthday gifts. What a wonderful day it was. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- long waitJen5Dined on 8/2/2014Made reservation for 20 people and they didn't seat us for 45 minutes!!!! They took my $200 deposit and didn't guarantee me a table! Start was terrible but food was good. Our waiters were good but still upset about our reservation. Not only did they not seat us at the time we reserved but they also took our $200 so we could't go any where else! Plus they closed 1.5 hours after they seated us so not a lot of time to celebrate our 2 birthdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 17th year anniversaryGoodFoodNotSpecialDined on 8/2/2014The reason we gave three stars even though food was a five was because they didn't make us feel special even though we posted open table reservation, told the hostess, and the waitress that it was our 17th wedding anniversary that night. we arrived at 5:30 pm they could not get us into a tour or a table early (our reservation was 7:15). It was our first visit and didn't realize that All tour tickets for the day are gone within minutes of being available at 1 pm. We were kind and waited patiently even though we couldn't even get a seat at the bar till 6:45. Thank God the waitress was nice and the food was amazing once we sat down even though they didn't even offer a dessert to mark our celebration. Wouldn't recommend for a romantic night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Funand friendlyMishbcnDined on 8/2/2014Beers were amazing and the outdoor dining is unbeatable in the gardens. The off menu Mac and cheese with sausage was lived by adults, but not the kids. The seafood pasta special was only ok, but the grilled cheese and sausage plate were two thumbs up by everyone, although the spicy sausage was favored over the 'regular' one- amazing mustard on the side. Kids wanted a scoop of vanilla ice cream but dessert is just a cranberry bar adults liked but they passed on. Price is right for kids, service was super friendly, very helpful and fairly quick for a busy Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love That StoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Our third time at Stone Brewing, this time we brought friends. Everyone loved it. The food, service and beer was fantastic. We were able to have some beer that can't be purchased in stores, perhaps one day it will be available and all four of us loved it. Fyodor was the name of the brew and it was memorable. The menu has something for everyone from vegans to carnivors and the food is top notch. We've eaten there the last two trips and been very happy each time.Special Features:
- Modern Take on Beer GardenFlyFisherManDinerDined on 8/2/2014Visited Stone Brewery for the first time, although I have been imbibing of their excellent beers for many years. Most importantly it was very interesting to see that Stone is continuously experimenting with different brewing methods, yeasts, hops, etc. This is the place for beer connoisseurs! The grounds outside are a relaxing place to unwind and try beers or just sit and converse. It reminds us somewhat of the various beer gardens in Europe. Food also matched the quality of the beers with different variations of well known standards, but several interesting twists as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMannyMCDined on 8/2/2014The food is delicious, the beer selection amazing, plus they have a souvenir shop and its just amazing that you can stroll around the gardens with your beer and enjoy a great time.Special Features:
- Top Flight Brews & FoodnufsaidDined on 8/1/2014Great atmosphere and energy, beautiful gardens, excellent beers - many on tap, very good food, attentive and friendly service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedFabulousVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been coming for a long time and the food is always great, the environment awesome, but their service was not stellar. The brought our salad just after the main course was served; they did not bring another plate since I was sharing a main course dinner and we had to wait whilst the food got cold...the waiter disappeared.....no refills on water, iced tea.....took forever to clean up the table after eating.....really disappointedSpecial Features:
- Fun atomsphere, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/30/2014Would definitely recommend, our server was the best ive had in a long time, and it was such a relaxing, fun place to be. Our food was good, and we were all able to try quite a few beers.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingLeslielove15Dined on 7/30/2014I had an amazing time, we had sat on the patio and enjoyed our scenic view.Service was excellent as well as all of our beer selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beer KnowledgeidunlashDined on 7/29/2014I have always been very impressed with the knowledge of the staff on the various beers available on their large menu. Great recommendations and they really understand the different palates of today's craft beer drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- prettyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/28/2014Great beer selection although a little pricey, I equate it to going to the dealership, expect to pay a premium, good food, service was excellent, outside dinning was quiet, although it is a family place, maybe try a later time for less kids. Overall 4 outa 5Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time at StoneKatieBDined on 7/27/2014You can't beat the beautiful setting, great selection on tap, and unique menu in this area. I've never had a bad experience at Stone and I love bring people here from out of town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.