Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
2816 Historic Decatur Road
San Diego, CA 92106Neighborhood:
OrganicPrice: $30 and under
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stonelibertystation.com/
- Phone: 6192692100x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Organic, Brewery
- Executive Chef: Tom Connolly
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Catering: Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens offer gorgeous natural settings for the quintessential celebration. Hold a company meeting, informal or formal dinner, beer pairing, family gathering or bocce ball outing. We offer 6 distinct, yet equally beautiful, private spaces with custom menus and personalized service ensuring your next special event is as amazing as you envision.
- Private Party Facilities: At Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens we offer a variety of Private Dining Spaces to suit your needs. Whether an intimate dinner among family and friends, or a large corporate event, we can make you event one you and your guests will not soon forget.
Please contact our Director of Sales, Liz Diaz, for more details: email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Liz Diaz x
A word from Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens – Liberty Station located in San Diego’s Point Loma community encompasses more than 23,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor dining and bars, as well as a bocce ball court, outdoor cinema space and lush garden. Executive Chef Tom Connolly offers an eclectic menu of world-inspired cuisine featuring local, organic fare. The restaurant features 40 unique craft beers on tap and more than 100 bottles, including year-round and special releases from Stone Brewing Co. as well as exceptional craft and specialty beers from other breweries.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station - Best Restaurants in Point Loma ›
Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (19)good for groups (14)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (9)hot spot (9)special occasion (9)fit for foodies (8)vibrant bar scene (6)neighborhood gem (5)romantic (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great beer and foodSookiezVIPDined on 8/27/2014Once you get past the sound of the airplanes departing you realize you are in a really nice garden that just happens to be a brew pub. Though once you think you are past it another loud jet flies over and your nerves are set on edge again. That said the food and beer are great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menuDinnerDivasDiningGroupDined on 7/18/2014Stone Berewery is a great date place or to bring groups of people and friends/family visiting from out of town. Stone has a very unique menu with a variety of yummy foods that really pair well with their beer selection. The gift shop is also really nice.Special Features:
- A beer and a biteKimarklyVIPDined on 7/2/2014Came here for lunch with my Mom. She loved the place and the beer selection (she sampled 3-4 before selecting) but she wasn't crazy about the Lobster Roll. I guess since she's had a "real" one in Maine, nothing else compares. I'm no professional foodie, but I have to say it did look a bit on the skimpy side, especially on a plate that was 2/3s filled with chips. I had the Tilapia and it was great. Will definitely be back for more.Special Features:
- Food was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/25/2014My friend and I shared a lobster roll. The spices used did not compliment the lobster. We both did not enjoy the taste. We did have the Brussel sprout appetizer as well. It was pretty good.We both have had better at another restaurant in Ocean Beach.
- Stone Loyaltybrazy5Dined on 6/22/2014I live in Phoenix, but I'm originally from San Diego and every time I come back I make an honest effort to go to any of their locations. The food is fantastic and the beer, unquestionable. It is a little on the pricey side, but the experience is second-to-none. Not for wusses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great wine too!DiningcritDined on 6/21/2014Although Stone Brewery is known for their beer, they also have wonderful wines with great descriptions on the menu. This made it easier to try new wines based on the description. I was disappointed the large array of beer did not contain these nice descriptions, but the waitstaff was very knowledgeable in recommending a brew. The food was wonderful (I recommend the spicy almond tilapia or the cob salad with lox). My husband and 2 daughters chose to eat outside. Lovely atmosphere and plenty of shade with the umbrellas. I must say the noise from the planes spoiled the nice atmosphere a bit. Decent prices too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing atmsosphere!JocelynDined on 5/31/2014I've been to the brewery and Liberty Station. Both are fantastic in atmosphere. I love all the outdoor dining space and the indoor too. Liberty Station is huge. I didn't realize how much space they had. The food doesn't fail either. DELICIOUS!Special Features:
- Absolutely perfectCarlitabitaDined on 5/25/2014What a fantastic experience! I loved every minute spent here. The front of house staff, Jaimelyn and Amanda, were wonderful and the food was to die for. Will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great birthday lunchKarolieDined on 5/23/2014Good friends, wonderful beer, lots of food, and a wonderful waiter, outside on a beautiful afternoon. What could be better. Even the airplanes couldnt spoil it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 144 reviews are from the Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens - Liberty Station reviews archive.
- Highlight of the WeekHoyaChrisDined on 5/21/2014We went there because we love the Stone beers that we get in Alabama and wanted to try more of them. There were 23 on tap that day so trying all of them wasn't possible, but we made a good dent. We knew we would love the beer, but what we weren't expecting was fantastic food and a great atmosphere. We sat outside, but inside looked great, too. My wife had Fish, I had Corned Lamb, and we split some Brussel Sprouts. All of it was creatively prepared and delicious. Only regret? It's a long and expensive taxi ride, so we drove there and drank far fewer beers than I wish we had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mothers Day BrunchyumyumDined on 5/11/2014We were seated promptly and outside in the beer garden as requested. Server was able to provide shade for those who wanted it and sun for others in our party thus keeping everyone happy. Even tho they were busy food was served quickly. A very nice experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Time Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/7/2014Group of 5 guys for lunch in town from Seattle. The food was really creative and delicious, the beer was obviously epic and our server was uniquely well equipped for our group of sarcastic dim witted humor! Thanks Stone!Special Features:
- OKGaryDined on 5/4/2014Great space, nice use of the old building, beautiful patio (closed to the public the day we dined due to a private function--a bit of a bummer as we had hoped to sit out there.) Beer was very good, service good, friendly. We thought the food was fair, nothing outstanding. I had the Yakisoba--I had to hunt for the very few and very small pieces of featured Jidori chicken. My wife had the Tilapia, which lacked anything special.Special Features:
- great beer, great foodMatticusDined on 5/4/2014So many delicious Stone beers on tap along with some other great breweries! An awesome menu with some great options. The vegetarian pot pie was sadly not on the menu when w. went, but the breakfast burrito and the cheese/ruination soup were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stone World Bistro a must visitOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/21/2014Excellent food, great service, and an absolutely amazing selection of beers, including one of a kind Stone beers you won't find anywhere else. Beautiful outside dining is unfortunately interrupted by the jets flying directly overheard. A minor issue when compared to the overall great experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- location kills itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/19/2014If you want jumbo jets flying over your head every minute, this is the place for you. Service was slow. Food was decent. The place felt like they were so proud of their beer that nothing else mattered to them.
- Outdoor DiningMKMNVIPDined on 4/18/2014Our experience at Stone was terrific. The food was good, the service was outstanding, and the overall staff was very friendly and informative. It was clearly worth the time to tour the property and enjoy all the nooks and crannies. The only minus when eating outside was the noise of the airplanes taking off from Lindbergh Field. That aside, we will surely return.Special Features:
- Nice dining experienceMacsBrewDined on 4/18/2014The food is awesome. We sat outside and enjoyed the beautiful weather at lunch time. The beer menu features (of course) lots of Stone brews, but there is a great selection of beer from other craft breweries. The restaurant is very large (much larger than the Escondido location) with nice ambiance. The sever (Cameron) was very knowledgeable about the food and the beer. Service was quick and attentive. The only drawback is the close location to the airport. There were jet planes taking off every few minutes which interrupted conversation. We were seated on the patio, so I don't know what the noise level is inside. Overall, the airplane noise is a minor inconvenience, and I would highly recommend the Stone Liberty Station Restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but little loudSnoopyDined on 4/16/2014Garden is nice, service great, food great but plane noise interrupts conversation often. If you're use to it and don't mind, it's a great location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Architecture,Beer, Wine, & Food!!MempxlDarinDined on 4/14/2014This is a wonderful place with awesome architecture, beer, wine, food, and staff! I'm not from around here so I was able to get some wines and beer that are exclusive to California and are not distributed to my state. Our server went above and beyond to tell me where to get bottled beer I cannot find back home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- yum !OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/31/2014First time dinning and it was beautiful ! Very quiet and peaceful . The beer and food were delicious . I loved the variety of food and how they brought a list of beer that would pair well with your choice of food. The only thing that bothered me was making a reservation online I stated it was my birthday under the colum that stated special requests and no one even said happy birthday or even accomidated the needs I asked . Other than that it was great. Thanks stone !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunchChrisDined on 3/30/2014Stone world bistro was high on my list of places to visit in San Diego. The architecture and decor were amazing. It's the type of place you can spend the whole day at. The beer selection was too notch as to be expected, and included one-off brews available only at the liberty station location. The food was a bit above average. The descriptions on the menus sounded better than the food tastes. The only other gripe would be service bordering on the slow side. It was not very crowded and seemed to be under staffed. It took about 15-20 minutes to get your beer. All in all this is a must for foodies and beer geeksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't wait to go back...MAMAMareDined on 3/23/2014Food was fantastic! Loved the cheese soup and the brussel sprouts. We came for brunch on Sunday. Our waiter was very attentive and friendly. It was our first time at Stone Brewing World Bistro and Gardens. The French toast was a big hit! Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The vegetarian options usedChinVIPDined on 3/15/2014The vegetarian options used to be plentiful, but now seem quite limited for lunch. 1 out of 5 or 6 appetizers were veggie friendly. The entrees had some veggie options, but primarily consisted of removing the meat instead of actually being a vegetarian item. Beer as always is great and so is the service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local flavorRexmatDined on 3/11/2014Neat place in Liberty Station. Local brewery with good food to boot. Awesome outdoor eating space!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/26/2014Food and drink was great. Servers were efficient. We had to ask them to turn the music down because we couldn't carry on a conversation at our table. Other than that, we had a great lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great location and good atmosphereNanciDined on 2/23/2014Our group grew from 14 to 16 and moved around table to visit. this was not conducive to the server, but he/Austin handled with a smile. It did take too long for good to come. We were there 3:30-7:30, so that meant all having a good time. Food quality is hit/miss. Some really liked their food - others found food quality adequate. Love the Brussel sprouts and fig bread grilled cheese sandwhich. The overall experience was positive and impressed how staff handled our group. ThxSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a treatscottiegDined on 2/16/2014Stone is a nice treat. one of our group has a food allergy, the staff were very accommodating on making sure that they could eat all that was ordered. The food was very well presented and very good. a very enjoyable experienceSpecial Features:
- Great outdoor spaceBurg24Dined on 2/15/2014We went for lunch with our 1 yr old. We ordered the chicken schnitzel and the crusted tilapia. Both were delicious and we would have again, but I have to say the menu wasn't one where I wanted to order everything on it. Beer and root beer were wonderful, of course. And the outdoor facilities at this venue are like none other. Great space to hang out with friends outdoors.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome PatioKelRCDined on 2/15/2014Patio dining is great. The water features and bar are great. A great gathering place.Special Features:
- Stone cannot disappointOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2014Located in the supercool military camp of a bygone era. More seating than the escondido location, awesome huge open patio, though less neato walking paths. Frequent airplanes flying overhead but just pause your conversation, use the 5 seconds to sip your beer, and remember the scene from Wayne's World. Unlimited selection of beer obviously. Most drafts are $5-6 which I think is cheap for fresh very good beerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This Stone Brewery I awesome!ArisafariDined on 2/14/2014This Stone Brewery I awesome! Our server, Brittany, was amazing. Very nice and helpful with the menu. I'm definitely coming back here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not for special occasionsdiverjDined on 2/14/2014The restaurant is done very nice, very large and open. But for Valentine's day, it just doesn't have what I would say is a romantic environment. The food was good, but not what I would expect fire the money. We did the prefix menu. We got the spicy tuna sushi tacos and a lamb dish. The tacos were great. We will gat them again during a happy hour. The lamb was okay. Too much of some herb, spice, I think it was mint. The second course was halibut and NY strip steak. Her halibut was good, not excellent, but cooked well. My steak was good, a bit overcooked but it tasted nice. We quill go back, but it is the kind of place where we will do happy hour at the bar outside. But for dinner, the for what you get is a bit high without the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensive. It'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Good food but expensive. It's a fun place for a special occasion but the service is slow (the place is usually packed so it is understandable).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a bit disappointedjadeVIPDined on 2/7/2014this was my third visit to Stone Brewing at Liberty Station. My other visits were enjoyable, but I've come to think that I like the ambiance of the place and the service, both of which are exceptional. The food seems to me to be less and less enjoyable. There are a couple of items I can recommend, but I would not give a wholehearted recommendation based on the mediocre quality of the food.
- Stone Liberty StationsemifreddoDined on 2/2/2014spectacular remodel of the old Navy building. Spacious with great outside garden and seating. Of course, great beer. Food is creative and out of the ordinary. Lobster roll, which I had, was delicious and full of lobster chunks. Great place to take out of towners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good TimeHonokowaiDined on 2/1/2014We had a good time at Stone - the food and atmosphere was fun, but you pay for it. All in all, it's something to look forward to for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu with spicy CokeMarktshsrkDined on 2/1/2014The menu is very unusual with items such as duck tacos. All of the food items listed looked tasty and my friends pulled pork/chicken sandwich was delicious as was my crab and lobster roll. And unusual note was the fact that they do not serve Coca-Cola but rather make their own cola. I found the taste to be rather spicy as it almost burned my throat and my friend had to send his back. The outdoor seating next to the pond is very nice on a sunny day but the indoor facility is equally appealing The prices are not cheap however it's a fun Sunday brunch and if anyone likes micro beers there's a selection it would take you a year to try each oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A place to relax for the afternoonbuddhistzombieVIPDined on 2/1/2014Value - Great deal for your money. I enjoy the location and the size of the food portions. The atmosphere is great and the waistaff are all extremely nice. Performance - Waitstaff is always on the move but are willing to go above and beyond once they know that you need service. They are really good at letting you visit with company and not be bothered but if you need something, just flag one of them down. Ease of Use - The amount of drink and food options are plentiful. Features - Stone Brewing small batch beers, some of their classics and a great draft and bottle list. Criticism - The only criticism is that once it gets busy, they need to have waitstaff and bartenders on deck and free up some of these busy folks working their butts off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/25/2014Have dined many times at Stone in Escondido. This one has the same awesome food, but totally different vibe. The place is so huge and offers so many different dining areas. Great place to take company after you pick them up from the airport. A must for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.