Stokes Grill & Bar - West
13615 California St
Omaha, NE 68154Neighborhood:
SouthwestPrice: $30 and under
Stokes Grill & Bar - West
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stokesomaha.com/
- Phone: 4024980804
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 2:00 - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 2:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm.
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Southwest
- Executive Chef: John Ursick
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Stokes features the delicious creations of Chef John Ursick and our Catering and Banquet coordinator, Ellen Osborne. Our catering team has the experience to accommodate any situation.
A word from Stokes Grill & Bar - West
Stokes is a locally owned restaurant that features: Steaks and beef from Nebraska, fresh seafood, and daily specials, all with an imaginative southwestern touch. Stokes also features an award winning wine list with over 30 wines offered by the glass. Bottles of wine on the non-reserve list are featured as half priced on Tuesday evenings and Friday and Saturday evenings after 9:00 p.m. The restaurant features one of the a great patio for you to enjoy on a great Nebraska evening. Stokes also offers a wide array of off premise catering for any occasion or group. Our freshest location offers the Best Happy Hour Specials in town!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Stokes Grill & Bar - West - Best Restaurants in West Omaha ›
Stokes Grill & Bar - West reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (10)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (10)great for outdoor dining (9)notable wine list (4)late-night find (3)scenic view (2)hot spot (2)vibrant bar scene (2)special occasion (2)kid-friendly (1)romantic (1)Show More
- Tasty food - Exceptional ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I went to Stokes for dinner. Both if us chose taco dinners. Mine was the fish tacos with tilapia. My dish had a bit of an Asian flare to it. It was a good meal; not exceptional. The rice and beans were flavorful. Our wait person, Reagan, was vet personable. She was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch meetingsdared2dineVIPDined on 8/29/2014A majority of my lunch meetings are being conducted here. Everyone lately has suggested Stokes as the place they want to meet for lunch. It has proven to be a good place for food and business conversation.Special Features:
- Great food ! Excellent service!ElkhornDined on 7/25/2014Staff went above and beyond to make it a "good food, great Friends night"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fav restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Great food with unique flavors. Great service. Love it for lunch and dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stokes WestReneeVIPDined on 7/5/2014I was pleased to see Stokes west changed their menu making it similar to the downtown Stokes. The service was fine but somewhat unorganized. We just started to enjoying our appetizer when our main course came out. Bad timing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friends gatheringDateNightDined on 6/14/2014Overall the experience was pretty good, although the food was pretty expensive for what it was. 11 dollars for a cheese dip appetizer? For 30 a person, probably would go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Great foodDiabloDined on 6/14/2014Food and service excellent. Top shelf margarita was terrible !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!VIPOTVIPDined on 6/13/2014Always a great meal that doesn't take forever to serve. The wine list is fabulous! We live right by this restaurant so you could say we are "regulars"Special Features:
- Consistently good foodMuffinsDined on 5/22/2014Great place to celebrate a birthday! The food is excellent, a variety of dishes but pricey. The wait staff is usually great, a few are a bit snotty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 69 reviews are from the Stokes Grill & Bar - West reviews archive.
- Used to be betterTGYRLYVIPDined on 5/11/2014Took my mom for mother's day. Our food came out cold. Stokes used to be the gold standard for tilapia fish tacos. Unfortunately, they have gotten worse over the years. The sauce has changed, not for the better. The last three times I have ordered the fish tacos they have been wet, and the tortillas were soggy. Our food was a let down, but our server was exceptional. She was informative, attentive and cheerful. A positive was that our group of 6 was seated at a big round table which was conducive for conversation.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014We had great service from the wait staff and manager. They went beyond and above to make us happy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- StokesPorcarsVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great service the food was exceptional as usual. Regan was our waitress, she was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Good food, a little loudDennisDined on 4/17/2014Great food. The fish traces were outstanding. A little loud for my comfort, but others may enjoy that atmosphere.Special Features:
- Good but expensive for what you getDiningfamilyDined on 3/25/2014Food was good but expensive - bill averaged over $20 per person for what amounts to Mexican food - each party had either enchilada or taco/fajita plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst meal we ever had at StokessusieVIPDined on 2/20/2014We have been to Stokes many times. This was the worst meal we have ever had. There were 4 of us dining. All 4 of us thought it was terrible. The Chicken tortilla soup, which came after the main course, tasted litke dish water. The corn chowder tasted like cake batter. We all had the famous, and usually delicious Sharon's chicken enchiladas, they were terrible.
- Busy lunch sceneAwesomeVIPDined on 2/18/2014My first time at Stokes - West for lunch. Very busy, average food, good service but very loud. If you are trying to have a business lunch meeting, I would consider a different location because of the noise level. Overall, of you have a casual lunch meeting, I would recommend.
- Noisy but Good FoodSpeedGolferDined on 2/15/2014As Sr. citizens, we have trouble with our hearing. This restaurant was just too noisy for us. They had great food and the server was excellent. Being just off the Dodge Expressway it is easy to get to. If you want to enjoy the great food but have trouble with the noise, we would recommend going earlier in the evening. KudoSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local restaurantDrmmVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great food, great drinks, unusual texmex, bbq, unique wood stove flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The drinks were weak at best,TAPPDined on 2/7/2014The drinks were weak at best, it was noisy, food was on a 1-10 scale a 4. We won't go back. That's all you really need to know.
- So-SoUnderwhelmedDined on 1/19/2014We have been to Stokes before at its previous location so we wanted to see the new location. Easy to get into because it wasn't too busy but service was very slow/easily distracted and besides my husband's Mexican platter, the food was lacking in seasoning and the creme brûlée was burnt in the middle and cold around the edges. We may give it another try, but it won't be on the top of our list anymore.
- Moving them through on NYECJOmahaDined on 12/31/2013We dined at Stoke's for New Year's Eve. Our waiter was attentive. However, we received our meals shortly after receiving our appetizers. Either the kitchen was working ahead of their tickets or our waiter should have delayed submitting our entree orders. We like quick service so I guess I shouldn't complain, but it felt like they were trying to rush us out of there. The only other "issue" we had was that my husband ordered the Spicy Shrimp for dinner. He was disappointed when his "meal" arrived as it really should have been on the appetizers menu. It was a bowl of spiced oil and shrimp, served cocktail style with tortillas and a piece of crustini. Hardly a meal and way too oily, the spices settled at the bottom of the bowl of oil.Special Features:
- Reliably terrificJammerDined on 12/26/2013Can count on the staff at Stokes to make everything right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoy this restrauntJulesDined on 11/22/2013Miss the old location. It was quieter and quaint. Their food is great however and I am glad that they are doing so well in their new location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service excellant.BillDined on 11/22/2013Food and service excellant. The specials were the best. Looking forward to our next visit!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre SteakClarkeVIPDined on 10/27/2013Appetizers were very good. The steaks were mediocre.
- Great Night!AD85Dined on 10/5/2013The food was delicious! It exceeded our expectations and come out in no time! Try the Roasted Corn Chowder, you won't regret it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- goodRichardVIPDined on 9/25/2013Had a good time. i had a spicy pasta dish which i would recommended to anyone who can handle the heat. My wife had Sharons chicken enchiladas which are excellent and good for 2 meals. Good 1/2 wine bottle specials too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKamilyDined on 9/20/2013My husband and I first went to the Stokes downtown and loved the food and the atmosphere. We were so excited to find out they added another location out West and were just as please with everything there. Our waitress was wonderful, the food was amazing and we had a great time! We will definitely go again and already recommended it to a few friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- restaurant weekvistaviewer77Dined on 9/19/2013FIrst time to dine at this location and decided to try based on menu offerings for restaurant week. Very impressive! So easy to make a reservation with open table and I would recommend doing that and will continue to do that in the future. Food was very creative and nicely plated with ample portions. Service and presentation felt like being on a cruise ship in the dining room. Food temperature was excellent and cooked as ordered. Parking is ample and easy although finding the correct parking lot for this restaurant was a little confusing. Impressive wine list with nice wines for ordering by the glass yet many selections of top shelf wines for the serious drinker.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went there for Omaha RestaurantHappyHourHappyVIPDined on 9/14/2013Went there for Omaha Restaurant Week! Great fusion of American and Mexican! And a light and tasty creme brulee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GoodBobbi1Dined on 9/13/2013Nothing better than Sharon's enchiladas! Service is really good tooSpecial Features:
- Outstanding serviceChestersSweetHeatDined on 9/12/2013Bradley took care of us from the moment we were seated until our last sip of Malbec on the patio. We ordered the Bananas Fargo first,because my Dad always said, "life's short order dessert first." He was very attentive and even had the chef adjust a recipe to accommodate a food allergy. The food was well portioned and came out in a timely fashion. His suggestions were spot on and each dish was delicious. We will be frequent visitors to Stokes West.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh?Out42Dined on 8/31/2013I wasn't that impressed as a whole with Stokes. It felt very "chain" restaurant. They had a great wine and beer list but our server didn't know much about any of the drinks. They ended up bringing the beers my husband asked about so he could just "read the label for himself." We went on a Husker game night so it wasn't terribly loud or crowded, we had made reservations but they definitely weren't needed. It was a bonus though because it was easy to talk. Our food came out quickly but oddly it wasn't terribly warm. My husband had a shrimp enchilada that he just said was okay and nothing special. I had a chicken mushroom pasta in cream sauce that ended up tasting like a giant mushroom.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise level was high, foodDiningfamilyDined on 8/29/2013Noise level was high, food is most always good other than the grilled salmon was a bit over cooked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Southwest FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2013When I think about Stokes, I think about Southwest food with a bit of a kick. There are also many wood-fired, smoky menu choices. And, a nice selection of foods on their gluten-free menu. Great casual restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cramp in birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2013This was my first time at Stokes. I took a girlfriend of mine for her birthday. Due to the fact that she had her paper temp licence that everyone gets when they renew it Stokes said it is their "company policy" not to serve alcohol to those people. This was very upsetting and does not make sense since everyone gets them. She chose for us to stay because of Sharon's enchiladas (which is said to be amazement on a plate) overall it was a good experience but I will only be going back to try Sharon's enchiladas.Special Features:
- Great restaurantElkhornDined on 8/3/2013I wasn't sure what to expect when they moved locations The food ,decor & service was and still excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service As AlwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/27/2013I am always impressed by the service at Stokes. Never has the service not been wonderful! That you can not say about too many places! I am not sure what kind of magic they put in the Ahi Tacos, but I am pretty sure that is my favorite food at the moment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Table for 10Diner2Dined on 7/11/2013Some of our party was late for the reservation and stokes was very accommodating. Wait staff were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meatless optionsSkidinerDined on 6/22/2013Was pleasantly surprised by the number of meatless dishes on the menu. Restaurant was a bit loud, but that was mostly due to an obnoxious group of middle-aged women at a table near the bar.Special Features: