1 Main Street
Stockton, NJ 08559Neighborhood:
New Hope / Lambertville
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stocktoninn.com/
- Phone: (609) 397-1250
- Hours of Operation:
Monday, Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 5:30pm
Sunday at 4:00pm
Tuesday and Wednesday Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, American
- Executive Chef: Alan Heckman
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live background music on weekends. Please feel free to call to inquire as to any specific dates or to make a request.
A word from Stockton Inn
The historic Stockton Inn, circa 1710, is nestled in the quaint Borough of Stockton, just a few minutes drive from the hustle and bustle of New Hope PA and Lambertville NJ. Sitting near the banks of the Delaware River, which separates New Jersey and Pennsylvania, it is a relaxing hour's drive from both NYC and Philadelphia. The Inn proudly serves American cuisine using the freshest local ingredients whenever possible. Indulge yourself in the Inn's romance and revel in her storied history. No other country inn in the region offers more! We look forward to seeing you soon.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Stockton Inn - Best Restaurants in New Hope / Lambertville ›
Stockton Inn reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)special occasion (9)scenic view (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (2)good for groups (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- great findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/1/2014I highly recommend this place especially for a romantic dinner, the garden / Terrace area Outback is very nice and you would never know it's there by driving past must do at least onceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner by the water fallBerylVIPDined on 5/31/2014WE had a lovely dinner outside the Inn by the water fall and pond. The server and "server under training" were excellent--knowledgeable, friendly, efficient. The food was excellent.Special Features:
- Quiet Gem on the DelawareTomLDined on 5/31/2014This old inn on the Delaware River in Stockton N.J. is a delightful place to dine with a couple or group. There were 9 of us for our recent visit and the cocktails were excellent, I had a charming summer beer, and the food was liked throughout the group. I started with a quite good version of clams casino and then had the pan seared diver scallops over a herb risotto cake with green and white asparagus. This was an excellent dish. Others had sea bass, salmon, the pasta special as well as there tavern fare chicken pot pie. All were well receive, save the pot pie which while good did not quite match a more famous version in south Jersey. Most of us enjoyed one of the homemade ice creams and sorbets that the new pastry chef concocted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First VisitThegoldengirlsDined on 5/29/2014When my friend & I decided to celebrate another friend's 80th birthday, we wanted to do something special. So we (all seniors) decided to go on an adventure. I randomly picked the Inn and made reservations for the three of us. Not knowing what to expect and really not knowing where the Inn was located the day was quite exciting. Getting lost was all part of our adventure and the scenery we came across was very pretty. When we arrived, we were quite pleased and very surprised in regards to all the history the Inn beholds. The women that greeted us were very pleasant, our server was very good, and our lunch was OUTSTANDING. The presentation was beautiful and the food was delicious. Thank you,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely eveningfilippo47VIPDined on 5/27/2014As always consistently excellent food, great service, beautiful presentation. Home away from home for us.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedGlennDined on 5/27/2014Great food, excellent service, friendly knowledgeable staff!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/24/2014We have been to The Stockton Inn multiple times. Usually the food is hit or miss but this time it was absolutely delicious. The service at the bar and for dinner was slow. However the food made that more tolerable but hopefully the service will be better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good all roundSuzyQVIPDined on 5/24/2014We shared a delicious starter, and then both had fish- perfectly cooked. Interesting flavors. Not overwhelming to the food. The dessert which included things like Guinness ice cream- seriously good!! There were multiple things on the menus I'd like to have tried and sounded appetizing. Would go back. Lots of outdoor eating possibilities- on the front historic porch or lots of room at the back behind the inn. Inside also nice. Overall a good experience thanks!Special Features:
- Gave it a tryWoofus25Dined on 5/24/2014I heard there were new owners, and that it got mixed reviews. But I thought I'd decide for myself. The new owners need to be on site, managing this young, scattered, un-attentive staff who could care less if your experience is pleasant or if you ever come back. I won't.
- Not GreatHunterdonDined on 5/22/2014The food was not exceptional and the service was very slow. But you can't beat the charm of the place.
- rhotisVIPDined on 5/19/2014Weak cobb salad...main thing holding back this ratingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticLovelyTimesDined on 5/11/2014Best deserts ever and amazing romantic dinner ! Lovely. Will come again and again!Special Features:
- Unacceptable ServiceNJfamilyDined on 5/11/2014After waiting 90 minutes for our entrees (not to mention a number of other problems), I was told it was due to my misbehaved children. Not only is that an absurd excuse (and one of many I was given) it is a false statement. Putting all bias aside, my children were quiet, well mannered, and polite. Not one person in that dining room would have disagreed. Give me poor service, attitude, excuses, whatever it is you need to convince yourself you have a well run establishment, but don't use my children (or any children for that matter) as an excuse for poor service. A formal complaint is being compiled and on its way.
- Pleasant surpriseFrankDined on 5/11/2014Food and service were outstanding. Cod fish was fresh and tender. Lobster rolls were great and generous. Will come againSpecial Features:
- Excellent service, charming placeFussydinerDined on 5/11/2014The food here ranges from pretty good to very good but I wouldn't say it's exceptional. The reason I brought my boyfriend here for his birthday was that, in addition to the food being good, the atmosphere is really charming (old colonial inn; gorgeous outdoor patio in season) and the service is excellent: helpful, knowledgeable, competent. My appetizer of clams casino was fresh and delicious; my boyfriend's onion soup was good but not the best ever. My trout with horseradish cream sauce and spaetzle was an unusual combo but I scarfed it up; I tasted my boyfriend's sirloin steak and it was the best I've had in years, actually. The few dessert choices this evening were traditional but our cheesecake and chocolate mousse were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Treat1roaminggypsyDined on 5/11/2014This was my second visit to the Stockton Inn. I love the quaint old atmosphere and it was a beautiful day to enjoy both inside and outside. However...I felt the food was lacking. Overcooked food and had to ask waitress several times for sugar for ice tea, extra syrup for food we ordered as amount served was miniscule. Also, asked for an extra napkin and waitress completely forgot. Overall, I would go back again for the atmosphere but would probably just go for the bar and light fare.Special Features:
- Excellent foods!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Not only enjoyining their historical back ground stories, but also their foods were excellent!Special Features:
- Somewhat disappointedCristamsVIPDined on 5/11/2014I brought my mother & grandmother here for Mother's Day brunch. We had a morning reservation of 11:15. They were out of some of the items on the menu. They didn't have any waffles for brunch which was a big disappointment to my grandmother. Our food order came out wrong. It also would have been much nicer if the outdoor dining was available, it was such a beautiful day. I was expecting more from this restaurant.Special Features:
- Missed the mark for Mother's DaySoleview1Dined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. Advanced reservations. Place was empty entire time we were there 9:30-11, but wouldn't give us window seat. Ok. They didn't have milk!?? Huh? Someone had to go out and get some. No sausage. No waffle maker? They strung us for 30 minutes saying waffles coming then admitted they couldn't make them. Offered pancakes instead, but served it as crepes. These are all pretty basic things for brunch. Was just weird day. We won't repeat there again. They need to step it up, especially on Mother's Day!
- Too salty!DanMDined on 5/10/2014I love the atmosphere and I have dined there several times. However, this time the chef drowned all four of our filets in so much salt we had to keep drinking water. The crab lobster soup same problem. The waiter was slightly attentive and the manager who walked around never engaged us. A $300 poor experience in a restaurant we had always enjoyed before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLucy3peepsDined on 5/10/2014Food looked lovely but no taste, no seasoning. Roasted beets not roasted. Over priced. Was looking forward to great night out for my husbands birthday but dinner was a let down.
- Great PlaceJeraDined on 5/10/2014Nice ambience, great setting, perfect for couples on an special occasion, great service and delicious food. All with a very acceptable priceSpecial Features:
- Consistenly GreatBillDined on 5/5/2014The Stockton Inn has been a favorite for many years and has never let us down. Excellent food and service and a lovely setting.Special Features:
- HometownDined on 5/3/2014It was a Saturday night and the Inn was crowded so of coarse the noise level was high. We were expecting this and glad to see the Inn was so crowded. Good sign business is doing well. Which we are very happy to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/3/2014We dined at the Inn at 7:30 on a Sat. night. The service was professional but slow. The food was good...not great. Being that I am not from the area, it is not a place I would race back to. But, it was good enough that I wouldn't deter anyone from going there.Special Features:
- Saturday LunchwineanddineVIPDined on 5/3/2014It was a very good lunch. it was pretty quiet compared to some other saturdays, so, all in all, very good food and the usual great service that I have come to enjoy over the past several months.Special Features:
- filippo47filippo47VIPDined on 4/30/2014Back to normal. Had a lovely dinner on a rainy and quiet night. New additions to the menu keep it always interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Filippo47filippo47VIPDined on 4/27/2014Sunday night at the Stockton Inn is a classic for us. Usually great, not this time. They had obviously a busy weekend and several items on the menu were not available. I understand, as a former owner of a 4star restaurant, that the kitchen may run out of one or two items after a busy night, but I think that certain items should always be available. They were out of steak. A previous Sunday they ran out of Hamburger meat. Come on, I understand not having enough oysters or escargots, but steak? Hamburger? There are plenty of markets in the area that can provide you with that. Furthermore the kitchen got slammed and we waited and waited and waited. Jedediah, our wonderful waiter, kept apologizing, but it was out of his hands. Not happy.
- Great Brunching!MarilynDined on 4/27/2014Brunch at the Stockton Inn is lovely. The food is wonderful, service is great, VERY relaxing!Special Features:
- Food is excellent!4forfunniteDined on 4/26/20143 out of 4 of us had the Chilean Sea Bass. It was fantastic. The 4th had the scallops which was fabulous. Wine was good. Not cheap but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always dependable and goodLadyVIPDined on 4/26/2014We have dinner here every once in a while, this place has great outdoor dinning in good weather. Well stocked bar and food is good and sometimes exceptional. We took my father-in-law here for the first time and he was impressed. On weekends in the summer you really should make reservations. We do recommend the Stockton Inn to everyone.Special Features:
- Delightful evening with friendsIwillbebackDined on 4/21/2014When we arrived, we were seated immediately by a courteous young woman, and waited upon by a server right away. We wished to spend the evening catching up with old friends, and this is exactly what happened. The lack of interruptions after our orders were taken, and the quiet delivery of each course was perfect. We spent 2 1/2 hours enjoying great food and being able to hear and appreciate fun and private conversation with our friends without the clamor that is found in many restaurants. My only negative comment: the slippery sliding of chairs on the floor. Both women spent the entire meal having to keep moving and readjusting their chairs because it was almost as though we were on an incline and they kept sliding into the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bengendaVIPDined on 4/20/2014We had a lovely Easer brunch. There was something for everyone. You can eat a light meal or an indulgent brunch. The soups were especially nice. Service was not what it has been in the past, but Easter is a busy day with special challenges. We will certainly go again.Special Features:
- good times7hungrypeoplewaitingDined on 4/20/2014totally enjoyed the food. sat us as soon as we got there. everyone seemed to enjoy there breakfast. all our specials came with fruir\t which we had to ask for. they said it didnt come with it. but the menu said different. service was verrrry slow, took a while after getting our coffee for the waiter to take our order, seems like he was the only waiter in the wholle room. we would still like to come back for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An historic locationTonyDined on 4/19/2014An historic location with great food and service, maintaining the character of the setting. Menu was varied with excellent seafood and steaks.Special Features:
- While the food was excellent,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/12/2014While the food was excellent, the service was incredibly slow. Never waited so long to place both drink and food orders.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/10/2014Service was poor, waited for 20 min. before server came for drink order and dinner order
- Ate there for my girl friend'sPartymanDined on 4/9/2014Ate there for my girl friend's birthday. Great experience for all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of Stockton's local areaNoneDined on 4/4/2014Stockton Inn was a dinning experience that was exciting and a pleasure for our party. We enjoyed our night there and we have full intention of going back many more times in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food set in old rustic innConsumeFoodDined on 3/30/2014Stockton, NJ is to this day a sleepy rural village along the Delaware River. This same ambiance extends to the Stockton Inn. If you happen to hint at or inquire about the history of the inn, your server will rush out and deliver you a 7 page, 300 year historic summary. The food is simple well-prepared and of course tasty. I recommend the pan seared diver sea scallops, prepared with broiled Brussel sprouts tossed with pieces of fried pancetta. The crab cake was good, but not that notable, go to Maryland if that is what you are seeking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.