Stock in Trade
2036 Lombard Street
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stock in Trade
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://stockintradesf.com/
- Phone: 4158293000x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5pm - 10:00pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday 11am - 3:00pm (10am During NFL Season)
Lunch: Saturday and Sunday, 3pm-5pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Burgers, Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Jake Kwan-Rosenbush
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Cross Street: Fillmore
- Public Transit: The 22 Fillmore, 30 Stockton, 45 Union, 28 19th Avenue and several North Bay busses stop within blocks of Stock in Trade.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: If street parking is not available, there is a public parking lot directly across the street above the Post Office, offering parking for about $2 per hour. Enter the lot on Moulton Allley, 1 block south of Lombard St.
A word from Stock in Trade
Stock in Trade is an American Tavern located in the historic Marina District of San Francisco. The spacious layout features over 30 tables, an indoor Bocce-Ball court, and a 40-seat bar that offers top-notch wines by the glass and a full cocktail menu. On the weekends, the chic late-night dining crowd blends perfectly with the fashionable bar patrons, making for a trendy nightlife scene that lasts until 2am. With a private dining room in the rear of the restaurant that holds up to 50 guests, Stock in Trade is also the perfect place for your next private event. We are open 7 days a week from 5pm-2am, and offer brunch with "Bottomless Bubbles" every Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 3pm. We look forward to seeing you!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stock in Trade reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since July 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (29)neighborhood gem (19)great for brunch (15)hot spot (12)fit for foodies (10)great for lunch (10)late-night find (9)special occasion (7)kid-friendly (5)notable wine list (5)romantic (2)Show More
- glovesmVIPDined on 10/16/2014Stock in Trade is setup as a sports bar and the Giants game was on. It was a little hard to talk amongst the noise and the service was pretty good considering the number of people there. The Mac and cheese seemed to be missing the gooey cheese component and was okay. The meatball sliders were great! And you can't go wrong with the prime rib.Special Features:
- Big group welcomed!hbfam14VIPDined on 10/3/2014We had a group of nine including three kids and had no problem with getting a reservation. They have a kids menu and good happy hour pricing. Menu diverse enough for everyone to be happy. Better than average bar food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nachos, prime rib, TV's and bocce!rawbinDined on 9/25/2014Our Thursday night experience was great! Our server was attentive and funny. The nachos with pulled pork were some of the best nachos I've had! Plus Thursday night football and baseball games were on the TVs. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Limited Menu - But Worth GoingSusanVIPDined on 9/24/2014This was our 3rd visit and still found the menu quite limited but the items offered are done well. We took a guest who ordered the pesto gnocchi with sausage. There were 4 of us dining and we all sampled this item as it was new to us. We were disappointed that the pesto was very bland (forgot the garlic?) and the sausage was invisible. The gnocchi on the other hand was perfect, those soft pillows. We will try the dish again at some point, but still working through the balance of the menu. As always, outstanding burgers & sweet potato fries (best ever). We are in the neighborhood so we walk but there is for those who must drive, a great public parking garage across the street.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch place aroundEricacharlotteDined on 9/21/2014Unlimited mimosas were delicious. And a lot of brunch items in the menu. Nachos were ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in San FranciscoJorgeVIPDined on 9/19/2014I expected this establishment to be an ok place. Boy was I mistaken...it's an awesome bar/restaurant. It has such a great vibe and such delicious food choices and not to mention the cocktails. I definitely will be coming again and will bring my friends as well!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stock in Trade a winnerfun2eatDined on 9/14/2014Two couples, our 49ers on the tube, great experience for someone looking for a sportsbar in SF. Easy access and parking lot across the street. Really funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findOldiebutGoodieDined on 9/5/2014Great mid to late night bar scene especially for sports fans of all ages. The food was perfect for that atmosphere. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hadablast !!!CandiKDined on 8/31/2014Our tables were ready, food service spot on... Food and drinks amazing... Friendly and efficient staff....Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in San FranfuntodineoutDined on 8/29/2014This was our first time to Stock in Trade and we had a wonderful meal and outstanding service. We would highly recommend this restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mac2001Dined on 8/25/2014Good good excellent service ffgggggggggggggggggbhhhhbbbbhhhbbbbbhbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch rocks here!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Try any of the brunch items with bottomless mimosas. You wont be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nicw bar areaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/7/2014Not a very big selection for dinner...especially if you are vegetarian.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/27/2014I had the Princess Salad and it was tasty, the bottomless bubbles was also really great! The place is huge and great for big groups.Special Features:
- Oustanding ServiceJazzDined on 7/24/2014Kevin, the bartender, greeted us with open arms! Great personality and sense of humor. Amos, our server, was also stellar, friendly, accomodating and cool.Special Features:
- Good food for the moneyCaimanDined on 7/21/2014The menu at Stock in Trade might not be huge but what they have is excellent. We shared the pulled pork sliders- very tasty, as entrees we had the pork chop (great sauce) and the rib-eye steak (good piece of meat, lots of fries and a ton of salad greens. The service was good, but we went on a Monday night, the place was only half full. With the multiple screens and large bar, it probably is pretty full and noisy on the weekends. As usual, parking is a pain, but we did find a spot in a pay lot a block and a half away so we were able to make our reservation.Special Features:
- Excellent brunch, yet no teaMikeDined on 7/19/2014The corned beef hash was wonderful, and the french toast brioche delightful, yet they had no tea. What's a brunch place without having tea available? The only other observation that kept this from 5 stars was the noise level - the music was too loud which encouraged yelling to be heard that then futher added to the noise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 62 reviews are from the Stock in Trade reviews archive.
- Fun and friendly restarant8spotDined on 6/27/2014Everyone was super friendly. A big horseshoe bar with a lot of local to watch the Giants game on flat screen TVs. The food was great along with perfect service. We would come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Happy HourMADinSFDined on 6/27/2014The best happy hour I have been to lately. top shelf drinks at dive bar prices ($3 beers - no Bud, only top brews including Speakeasy, A21, Anchor...). And the HH apps were substantial, tasty and only $5. You cannot beat the Charcuterie Board - enough Soppressata, Copa, Salami, and ham for 2-3 people, and tasting like if came from Lucca Deli. Can't wait for Sun- Tue, when HH is extended to 10PM!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/26/2014Loved the prime rib and meat balls. Portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Food was amazing. I recommend the Wakey Bakey Sandwich...so good! We went with some friends who have 2 kids and it was a little loud. Great atmosphere for bottomless brunch, not so much for a family outing. Would definitely return for bottomless with friends! Service was a little slow, but not bad overall.Special Features:
- Great brunch if you are under 30DeniaDined on 6/15/2014The food was above average (I had the nachos -- all of the ingredients were fresh and handmade, my husband had the corned beef hash which was also tasty). The bottomless mimosas were truly abundant and pretty strong. And the service was also fine. But the rockin' music was way too loud for Sunday brunch which was probably appropriate given the mostly 20-something crowd. We did not find it pleasant.Special Features:
- LislchristineDined on 6/13/2014The food was great. The staff was very nice. When we walked in off the street we were pleasantly surprised at how nice it was. When we were leaving it looked like a younger croud coming in for drinks. Looked like it would be fun for just hanging out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sports galoreshortiVIPDined on 6/7/2014With a bocce court and plenty of tv showing all sports, this place will always be loud. Our group of 12 enjoyed dinner here while rooting for the teams playing in the Stanley Cup finals.Special Features:
- Great Brunch SpotjayzmommVIPDined on 6/1/2014We very much enjoyed our Sunday brunch at Stock In Trade. Every employee we encountered was super friendly and the food was absolutely delicious. We enjoyed the hangar steak and fried egg sandwich. Everything was so good, especially the sweet potato fries. It was a lively place with several HD TVs playing several different baseball games.And what's a Sunday brunch without mimosas? There are three varieties all served in a carafe so no waiting around for those refills! Overall, a wonderfully enjoyable experience and we'll definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food but terrible musicMorganHillbilleDined on 5/31/2014Ate dinner there at 6:45 on a Saturday night and we were seated at table just inside the front door in the bar area. The music in the bar was loud and the constant "thumping" of the music got annoying. Several TV's going with sports was nice. All that being said, the food was pretty good. I had a nice steak on top of a huge portion of fries and a nice side of salad mix greens. Wife had fish which was nice but sides were kinda skimpy. we did have a huge bowl of sweet potato fries as a side for our daughter to share with my wife. Good portion for two or more to share. Overall, I would recommend this restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- KarenDined on 5/24/2014This was a great find. Brunch was awesome and you can never go wrong with bottomless mimosas. The atmosphere was really awesome as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2014Very good food for a sports bar atmosphere and such a big room. Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- La Barca 2.0OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/17/2014Fresh lime margarita is same as at La Barca. What used to be La Barca has turned into some sort of sports bar without the Mexican food.Special Features:
- sodium warningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014How can you ruin a burger? Rub it with a pillar of salt! Blech. Since 3 of the 4 of us chose the burger and all had the same independent reaction, it was not just my personal taste buds that were assaulted. Our server was wonderful. She admirably tried to be accommodating and even went as far as to have a replacement burger made for one of us but it appeared that the seasoning was in the meat pre-cooked - no getting around that. All 4 of us left more food on our plates than was consumed. We were so disappointed we did not even stick around for a game of bocci.
- Great option for fun lunchLocalResidentDined on 5/11/2014We really loved the food. The sliders were yummy!! The endless mimosas come in multiple flavors. Had a great time. Bocce was a fun surprise. Our server Amos was very attentive and knew the menu well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Brunch!NatLagDined on 5/10/2014I have been to many brunches in SF and this was the best! I couldn't have asked for a better brunch experience - amazing waiter, great mimosas, and unique food!Special Features:
- Gorgeous Bartender - No personalityWineGooRewDined on 5/9/2014There's a lot of Great things about this place - * Massive Square Bar - many seats * TV's for everyone * Beautiful Female Bartenders * Excellent Ribeye * Great Prices - esp for Happy Hour. Cons - 1 Gorgeous bartender w/ personality of a ROCK. She's beautiful - but there's nothing behind the curtain. The other bartender that came on later - Jesse was awesome, pretty girl, great attitude, had an opinion and a good one at that. Also Kevin was cool, a good guy with experience. Ribeye was melt in your mouth delicious - odd that it sits on top of the salad and French fries but DELICIOUS. SIT AT THE BAR and Eat is my recommendation. And hope to get Jesse.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glovesmVIPDined on 5/8/2014The Spareribs were finger-lickin' good. I was disappointed that they didn't have the ribeye option, but the prime rib was fantastic. The saddest part was that the fat I had saved was not placed in my to-go box along with my leftovers. A little out of the way of public transportation, this is worth going back for the prime rib again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- S&T hits Bull Market!!! ;)VGBSDined on 4/13/2014This place is great! We went for brunch on a Sunday....8 girls! S&T offers a Great atmosphere for a lively bunch (music was too loud but we said something and they turned off the speaker above us right away), delicious food, tasty mimosa's (bottomless), and very good service!!! There's a Bocce-Ball lane as well but we didn't get to use it. Looked like fun though. Overall, highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Place to Gather for FriendOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/11/2014Went with a group of friends to eat on a coupon. For the price... wow!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant is in a goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/7/2014The restaurant is in a good location, the food wa excellant and the staff were very helpful. The noise level was too loud for out liking.Special Features:
- Great BardineoutDined on 3/15/2014Great food, service was fantastic. We went St. Patrick's Day weekend, so it was really crowded/busy but really fun.Special Features:
- Tasty!4DinersDined on 3/6/2014Each of the dishes we ordered were well prepared and very tasty. The sauces that came with the Sausage plate, (Happy Hour Menu) are Outstanding!! Service could not have been better.Special Features:
- "Good" but not GreatStockntraderDined on 2/27/2014To be honest I like the ambiance of the old La Barca than SinT. The lighting is good but they need more decor in the place. Hang more paintings, wall art, furniture, etc. Feels bare. The food was good but the menu was lacking. Good ol comfort food that was OK. Nothing memorable. The staff were awesome and the bocci ball is a fun and nice touch. Maybe some live music in the back? With some lounge seating? And more couples tables vs so many long community tables.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.