STK - Washington D.C.
1250 Connecticut Avenue
Washington District of Columbia, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
STK - Washington D.C.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 2022961880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is Served
Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Our bar is open throughout the day and closes an hour after the kitchen closes.
Dinner is Served
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: STK Brunch 11:30am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marc Hennessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ provides ambience and energy Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
A word from STK - Washington D.C.
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Washington D.C. is located in Dupont Circle and is in close proximity to D.C. attractions as well as being in the heart of the best night life in the Nation's Capital. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
STK - Washington D.C. - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
STK - Washington D.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (128)special occasion (120)vibrant bar scene (99)good for groups (96)fit for foodies (81)romantic (69)late-night find (50)notable wine list (32)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (15)scenic view (9)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service was great! The setting is perfect for groups and dining for two. But I think the music is a tad bit too loud, which makes this really nice upscale restaurant seem more club-like. The drinks were ok, could be much better. My group of four had either the 14oz bone in filet or the 10oz filet with butter and shrimp which was filling, and we all shared creamed spinach, Mac & cheez, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, twice baked potato and wild mushrooms which were all AWESOME!!! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantYaomoversDined on 10/14/2014The food was great. Service was good. The drinks were all on point. Definitely a high end dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love STK DCOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/14/2014My husband and I dined here for our 10 year anniversary and the food and service were wonderful. Worth the price!!Special Features:
- Client DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014My manager and I took our best clients here for dinner-he actually chose STK. They loved the special martinis to begin with and we were seated at the big round upholstered table which was very cozy and great for conversation. The food was delicious! Appetizers, entrees and dessert. Our waiter was friendly and attentive! It was a wonderful experience and our clients were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchRefreshingVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went or brunch and had an excellent experience. It was a younger, well-behaved crowd with live DJ. The $18 unlimited drinks kept flowing. The food was excellent. I got the short ribs with jalapeno grits and shared a pancake entrée. Others got he fried chicken and the hamburger w/fries. No dish disappointed. I will return.....Special Features:
- Something New for Me!FoodieDined on 10/11/2014This was a date night for hubby and i, THE FOOD WAS GREAT, Zebulon's service was fantastic(Request him please!Special Features:
- VivianDined on 10/10/2014LOVED STK...this was my first time and my other two friends said I would love it so we HAD to go, it’s great to know your friends know you so well. ;-) The energy was awesome, the overall look was fab and the food was great...I didn’t have much of an appetite so I need to come back to give a better review on the food. It’s so hard to find a place that makes White Cosmo's so that really made my day. Our waitress was very attentive but loved the special attention our server had...he noticed my Cosmo spilled a little on the table and he came right away to clean it up. The service is the #1 thing that makes me come back to any establishment. I have already told about 5 other people and looking forward to my next experience!Special Features:
- blahOmygoodnessVIPDined on 10/9/2014Customer Service was mediocre. Bartender asian girl, had a slight attitude. Waitress, never asked how I wanted my mini burgers....they come out medium rare if you don't request otherwise. Me being nice, I still gave a 30% tip. STK, step it up, or this place will go down. It all starts with training your staff how with the basics, and that is customer service.Special Features:
- Serviceluvmy2Dined on 10/8/2014The service was outstanding, the atmosphere was romantic and the music was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexy and funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Went here with the girls and with the hub, great place for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014STK is one of my new favorite places in DC.Food is great. Ambiance is off-the-chain. Service is great. I highly recommend to the general public.Special Features:
- Seasoned to PerfectionJustBootsieDined on 10/3/2014Everything was excellent!!! From entrees, to sides, drinks, table bread! My guest and I were pleasantly surprised! Our steak was so tender and the signature steak sauce was so flavorful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant!dinerDined on 10/3/2014STK is a very nice steakhouse that has a bar, lounge and formal dining areas and a private room as well. It is gorgeous inside with comfortable white leather seats. The food is very pricey however so it is not my first choice for happy hour as you can only get that menu at the bar which is small. The lounge is vibrant once the live DJ starts to play music and the crowd was mature. They just began serving brunch so I will try that soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!TraceDined on 10/2/2014Dinner was absolutely delicious and the service was remarkable. We had octopus for the appetizer, both of us had filet with Oscar topping. We indulged in several sides and ended with the apple tart. Did I mention a reasonably priced bottle of Joel Gott Red Zin? Our server, Marcus was helpful, courteous and FUN! Finally the Manager, Monica, came by the table a couple of times during the evening to check on us. Advised on good places to go dance after dinner and even helped us secure late night parking. Planning on taking more of my colleagues there next week!! Top Notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food and service were good, but took a client there for dinner and music too loud to talk. Will not go back.Special Features:
- YummyFoodforGentsDined on 10/1/2014Yummy Yummy Awesome Awesome Great Great I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMademoiselleTVIPDined on 9/28/2014Marcus was our server and be was awesome! The food was great. The drinks were great. The DJ was great. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingversakDined on 9/27/2014A lot of options for steak eaters, but only 1 fish entree (plus a special, but it was Skate). Steak was tender and flavorful and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- PerfectMrsbbbbbbDined on 9/26/2014Beautiful place, delicious food, fun and romantic all in one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerthedivaesqDined on 9/26/2014Visited Washington, D.C. for a conference, which also happened to be the same weekend as my birthday. I looked up STK at the recommendation of a DC resident and liked what I saw online. I wanted a place with a fun, vibrant, and modern atmosphere with great drinks. And that's what we got! The food was good, though nothing too memorable. I did not care for the shrimp and rice krispies or whatever it was called. But overall, the meal was fine. The drinks were great and the DJ played great music that we jammed to while eating and chatting. The service was good. They brought out a dessert to help me celebrate and it was not good, but meh…it's the effort that counts. Overall, I would recommend it to a friend, though I probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDCReviewerDined on 9/24/2014The skirt steak was marvelous! Better than I expected. Excellent customer service, from the hostesses to the wait staff; and the manager stopped by to check on my group of five. Very loud, but as one of the waiters said, it's not your grandfather's steakhouse!Special Features:
- Great experienceYoungFoodieDined on 9/23/2014Typically I don't write reviews but I was blown away by my first visit at STK dc. The server, Caucasian male, I can't remember his name was a rockstar. His energy he brought to the table definitely made my partners and I dining experience! Great food. This one of my new fav steak houses in the city. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CGiovDined on 9/23/2014Restaurant was FREEZING. Food took forever to come, even though the place was nearly empty. The food itself was good, but not enough to overcome the problems.
- A fun place for Steak with a DJHappilyfedVIPDined on 9/22/2014We tried STK because even from the outside, the restaurant is gorgeous. The décor is modern and the lighting will make almost anyone attractive, but It. Is. Loud. I liked the music, but was surprised how noisy it got. The star of dinner was the crab salad, which was incredibly complex and light. The bread was also something special, but my daughter killed most of it. The martinis were strong and the wine list was pretty good. I wish they had more South American selections, but you can't be good at everything. Notably, our waitress, Regina, was a pro. Our glasses stayed full and she showed exceptional grasp of the menu. Her recommendations were thoughtful and spot on. She was lovely and fun and we will definitely request her next time.Special Features:
- Great Party BrunchGemmyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Yes, the prices will give your heart a flutter, but the overall experience makes it just the slightest bit more palatable. The 80s party brunch thrown to launch STK's brunch service was a great combination of ambiance, great food, and free-flowing libations. The brunch burger was huge and topped with a delicious tomato jam; STK's take on corned beef hash is also perfectly suited to the elegance of the establishment; and the mac and cheese received thumbs up all around the table. I'm looking forward to the fulfillment of the intention to host themed brunches on a monthly basis.Special Features:
- Fun Brunch PartiesCsquaredVIPDined on 9/21/2014STK does not have brunch on the regular but when they do its a fun time had by all! DJs, dancing, and pancakes? Yes please!Special Features:
- What a disappointment!BatruniVIPDined on 9/20/2014As we stepped in the hostess was cold, rude, with no smiles; could care less. Since we arrived early we went to the bar for a cocktail; another cold reception. The bartender walked away and returned about 5 minutes later with menus. Her dress code was horrific, her hair was a mess looked like she was late to work and just got out of bed. The foie gras appetizer was disgusting! We decided to forego dinner here and go elsewhere. We spoke with Rachel, the manager, she was very receptive and apologetic, she took care of our tab. Nice gesture; but will not return to STK. I expected more from this restaurant!
- Very fun!ritzytravelerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went there on a date with my hubby. I wouldn't call it romantic, but we both agreed we'd go back with a group of friends. I loved the music they played - definitely targeting the 30s and 40s crowd - got loud as evening got later. As a steak place, disappointed they didn't have cocktail onions to make a Gibson martini, but admittedly the blue cheese olives in the dirty martini were a nice substitute. My calamari appetizer was really good. Broccolini side dish good if you like spicy. Kitchen was very nice to slice steak for us to share. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014I can't rave enough on how amazing this place is! From Rob, the GM to the outstanding staff with incredible service and delicious food. Thanks again STK for making our evening such a memorable one, can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a club.Food123VIPDined on 9/19/2014I walked in and went to the hostess and apologized for being a little and told them I had a reservation. They gave me a nasty look and asked if my entire party was there and I said no. He then told me to go wait at the bar. I was slightly put off and immediately felt unwelcome. When we were finally seated the music was so loud I couldn't hear the person next me. Maybe I should have done a little more investigating before eating there buts it's pretty much a club/lounge that serves steak. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive but the food was less than mediocre for the price. All in all I'd say save your pennies.
- 9thDivaDined on 9/18/2014Food and service were great! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerBareeKDined on 9/13/2014this must be one of the best restaurants in DC, the dining experience was great, super friendly staff, and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Save your moneyjvalentinoDined on 9/12/2014DJ plays really LOUD, cheesy music. Impossible to hear the waiter let alone have a conversation. Tables are really close to each other. Extremely expensive food and drinks for what you get. If you are looking for a high end, upscale scene STK is not the place. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Service could use some attentionWLGJrDined on 9/12/2014Everything was for the most part very good. Food was amazing. We went for a 7:45pm dinner. Had a drink at the bar first. Ron was awesome. Shortly after we sat down and waited about 15 - 20 minutes before flagging down a server (Cesar [?]) to have our order taken. They were apologetic and after we got the ball rolling, service was on par with what was to be expected. Cesar eventually handed us off to the server that should have grabbed us upon seating. Apparently there was a mix-up on coverage. Both servers were great afterwards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicesaraDC77VIPDined on 9/11/2014Dined on Thursday night with my husband and used a Gilt City offer to try out STK. Once the server learned we were ordering from the Pre-Fix menu, he immediately became rude and dismissive. Never checked on us after the food came, had to flag him down to order drinks and our last cocktail didn't arrive until we were almost finished eating (no offer of another drink or coffee with dessert). Considering we still spent $160 for two people, we were treated as if we split an appetizer and water. If you are going to offer deals to drive weeknight business for a new restaurant, you should educate your staff on how to treat people so they come back again..sadly, we will not be returning.
- Service impossibly slowhungryVIPDined on 9/11/2014Tried it for lunch and service was impossibly slow.Special Features:
- Sides as good as steaksLadmantVIPDined on 9/10/2014Mac n cheese, corn pudding, blue cheese rolls all stood up to the perfectly crusted bone-in ribeye steak we had. Thank goodness for the green salad to help cut through the glutony. A delicious meal tht my waistline is still paying for - but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex G.surlysueDined on 9/9/2014I'm not normally a steak house kind of gal. However, my boyfriend is a meat and potatoes guy so I decided to take advantage of the Gilt City offer. I really like the over-all appearance of the restaurant and our waitress was great. Our steak was cooked perfectly. I like medium rare steak and it was truly medium rare. I'm used to most restaurants over cooking my occasional steak just a bit, so I end up with something closer to medium. You will definitely get what you want at STK.Special Features:
- Great Steak Option in DCTandEGuyDined on 9/9/2014Skilled service staff offered helpful insights on what to order, where to go in the neighborhood, and how to pair main plates and interesting sides and sauces. Would definitely go again. Atmosphere is more hip than typical high end steakhouses.Special Features:
- Good for a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Food was excellent. STK in DC is a lot different scene than NY. They may be trying to carve out their own brand there in a difficult town to jump start high end restaurants. The food was well prepared and presented. We sat at a fairly large table even though the reservation was for two which made it difficult for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.