STK - Washington D.C.
1250 Connecticut Avenue
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
STK - Washington D.C.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stkhouse.com/
- Phone: (202) 296-1880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is Served
Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Our bar is open throughout the day and closes an hour after the kitchen closes.
Dinner is Served
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: STK Brunch 11:30am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marc Hennessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ provides ambience and energy Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
A word from STK - Washington D.C.
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Washington D.C. is located in Dupont Circle and is in close proximity to D.C. attractions as well as being in the heart of the best night life in the Nation's Capital. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
STK - Washington D.C. - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
STK - Washington D.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
226 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (128)special occasion (114)vibrant bar scene (108)good for groups (99)fit for foodies (89)romantic (69)late-night find (53)notable wine list (31)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (21)scenic view (12)great for brunch (12)kid-friendly (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Not ImpressedfoodieDined on 11/14/2014You are essentially paying for the ambiance of the restaurant. The steak was mediocre and the live DJ's music was way too loud -- you couldn't hear the waiter nor the other people at your table.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere but music is too loudSTKfanDined on 11/14/2014My experience at STK was wonderful! the food was outstanding but not for the calorie conscious. Our server was very knowledgeable and accommodating and helped to make a celebratory outing very special. Our group loved the music selection but the volume makes conversation challenging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/10/2014Beautiful space - masculine, open, comfortable and light -- a good place for business lunches because tables are close to each other and noise level is low. The food was delicious and straightforward --I had the STK sandwich, which was the best steak sandwich I've ever had - flaky bread, steak cooked to perfection, and olives and cheese imported a rich element. Service was attentive. I would definitely go again, and again.Special Features:
- Vibrant Bar Scene and EnergyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014I really enjoyed the ambiance, popular selection of music playing, outstanding service and entertaining crowd! The food was great but if you love steak Capital Grill is Outstanding and by far exceeds STK in my personal opinion. I went to a late (10pm) dinner on a Saturday night to enjoy the "scene and be scene". This place is definitely one of DC's new hotspots if your looking to spend money and be around a very high end crowd (Louboutins, Chanel, LV and Gucci were on every dining patron). I had the filet, prawn appetizer, shared 3 sides and enjoyed 1 cocktail ($100 including tip).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014This was our second time dining at the restaurant and it did not disappoint! Amazing food, service, and ambiance!Special Features:
- Lunch ReviewfoodientrainingVIPDined on 10/31/2014Great lunch location for business, date, or large group for a special occasion. Very empty during lunch time. Prix-fix menus at $29 and $45 which allow you to combine delicious signature items for a deal. Sophisticated ambiance and excellent service. Extremely quiet at lunch which is the opposite of the restaurant for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not just another steak houserhinosmuseVIPDined on 10/30/2014We are returning patrons for dinner. The food was just as amazing if not better than opening weekend. Service was stellar, we wanted for nothing. Good to see how busy it was for a weeknight. Highly recommend this place for lunch, we are frequent visitors and it never disappoints. A welcome addition to the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- Overall AwesomeRoxyDined on 10/28/2014Great Experience! Wonderful food, drinks & service!!!! Will return! Can't wait to try the brunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/26/2014The service was great, the brunch was great, the food was good, not spectacular. The music and atomosphere made up for it. So will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK ReviewstewartdsVIPDined on 10/24/2014This was my second time at STK, and although the ambiance and environment is very fun and energetic, the service was poor both times. Both times the waiter messed up the bill, forgot something, or took a long time coming back to the table. This time we even had to ask the hostess for assistance, because we could not find our waiter. Great restaurant for a vibrant bar scene, and energetic ambiance since they have a DJ, but the customer service is terrible. The waiters are always nice, but they definitely need more training considering that this is supposed to be a high priced, top-notch restaurant steakhouse. On a positive note, the food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014I would recommend their oyster happy hour, but dinner was overpriced and the food/drinks were just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Impressed!ReviewDined on 10/24/2014My wife and I are frequent diners and we were not impressed with STK. The service was very poor and the food did not wow us. We waited an extremely long time for cocktails and the server did not appear informed when questions were posed about the menu. We have dined at just about every upscale steakhouse imaginable (in New York, DC, Chicago, etc.) and we would definitely put this one on the bottom of our list. Our check for 2 was $315.00 and we did not walk away satisfied.
- Great SteakhnsfoodVIPDined on 10/23/2014Best bone in filet I've had in a while! Very impressed. Service was lovely too and very attentive. Bar was a little slow with drinks but they comped us a round because of it without us asking so they were on top of it. Quite loud there but overall worth it. Apps great too!!Special Features:
- A new experienceMikeVIPDined on 10/23/2014I really enjoyed this restaurant. I had a relaxing business lunch. Food was very good, with nice service. It was an easy place to have a conversation. Look forward to trying it for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great business dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/22/201410/22/2014 Thanks to the wonderful staff and management at STK DC, my business dinner meeting was a success. We enjoyed a couple bottles of wine that were both delicious and complimented our wonderful meal perfectly, which included excellent oysters, wedge, lobster mash and on-point medium rare bone-in ribeye. The staff was attentive and helpful, yet not intrusive. The overall dining experience met my expectations and we were very pleased.Special Features:
- Great food and great serviceCarlosDined on 10/22/2014We went there to celebrate my wife's birthday and the restaurant remembered! A good things these days as others in the past have had to reminded several times. Our server(s) were very polite and knowledgeable. Food was very good and prepared just like we asked. It is a la carte so it may be pricey for some.Special Features:
- Great eveningKAL90Dined on 10/21/2014On the order of a Ruth Chris with a lot more personality. Our server was hysterical and made our girls night out even more fun. Steaks perfect, delicious sides to share, unique cocktails, parking conveniently next door.Special Features:
- Great experience!TLC925Dined on 10/17/2014The food and service was great! The setting is perfect for groups and dining for two. But I think the music is a tad bit too loud, which makes this really nice upscale restaurant seem more club-like. The drinks were ok, could be much better. My group of four had either the 14oz bone in filet or the 10oz filet with butter and shrimp which was filling, and we all shared creamed spinach, Mac & cheez, mashed potatoes, corn pudding, twice baked potato and wild mushrooms which were all AWESOME!!! Would highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantYaomoversDined on 10/14/2014The food was great. Service was good. The drinks were all on point. Definitely a high end dining place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love STK DCthaxDined on 10/14/2014My husband and I dined here for our 10 year anniversary and the food and service were wonderful. Worth the price!!Special Features:
- Client DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/13/2014My manager and I took our best clients here for dinner-he actually chose STK. They loved the special martinis to begin with and we were seated at the big round upholstered table which was very cozy and great for conversation. The food was delicious! Appetizers, entrees and dessert. Our waiter was friendly and attentive! It was a wonderful experience and our clients were very impressed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchRefreshingVIPDined on 10/12/2014Went or brunch and had an excellent experience. It was a younger, well-behaved crowd with live DJ. The $18 unlimited drinks kept flowing. The food was excellent. I got the short ribs with jalapeno grits and shared a pancake entrée. Others got he fried chicken and the hamburger w/fries. No dish disappointed. I will return.....Special Features:
- Something New for Me!FoodieDined on 10/11/2014This was a date night for hubby and i, THE FOOD WAS GREAT, Zebulon's service was fantastic(Request him please!Special Features:
- VivianDined on 10/10/2014LOVED STK...this was my first time and my other two friends said I would love it so we HAD to go, it’s great to know your friends know you so well. ;-) The energy was awesome, the overall look was fab and the food was great...I didn’t have much of an appetite so I need to come back to give a better review on the food. It’s so hard to find a place that makes White Cosmo's so that really made my day. Our waitress was very attentive but loved the special attention our server had...he noticed my Cosmo spilled a little on the table and he came right away to clean it up. The service is the #1 thing that makes me come back to any establishment. I have already told about 5 other people and looking forward to my next experience!Special Features:
- blahOmygoodnessVIPDined on 10/9/2014Customer Service was mediocre. Bartender asian girl, had a slight attitude. Waitress, never asked how I wanted my mini burgers....they come out medium rare if you don't request otherwise. Me being nice, I still gave a 30% tip. STK, step it up, or this place will go down. It all starts with training your staff how with the basics, and that is customer service.Special Features:
- Serviceluvmy2Dined on 10/8/2014The service was outstanding, the atmosphere was romantic and the music was just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sexy and funOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/4/2014Went here with the girls and with the hub, great place for both.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STKOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014STK is one of my new favorite places in DC.Food is great. Ambiance is off-the-chain. Service is great. I highly recommend to the general public.Special Features:
- Seasoned to PerfectionJustBootsieDined on 10/3/2014Everything was excellent!!! From entrees, to sides, drinks, table bread! My guest and I were pleasantly surprised! Our steak was so tender and the signature steak sauce was so flavorful!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice restaurant!dinerDined on 10/3/2014STK is a very nice steakhouse that has a bar, lounge and formal dining areas and a private room as well. It is gorgeous inside with comfortable white leather seats. The food is very pricey however so it is not my first choice for happy hour as you can only get that menu at the bar which is small. The lounge is vibrant once the live DJ starts to play music and the crowd was mature. They just began serving brunch so I will try that soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Experience!TraceDined on 10/2/2014Dinner was absolutely delicious and the service was remarkable. We had octopus for the appetizer, both of us had filet with Oscar topping. We indulged in several sides and ended with the apple tart. Did I mention a reasonably priced bottle of Joel Gott Red Zin? Our server, Marcus was helpful, courteous and FUN! Finally the Manager, Monica, came by the table a couple of times during the evening to check on us. Advised on good places to go dance after dinner and even helped us secure late night parking. Planning on taking more of my colleagues there next week!! Top Notch!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindaVIPDined on 10/2/2014Food and service were good, but took a client there for dinner and music too loud to talk. Will not go back.Special Features:
- YummyFoodforGentsDined on 10/1/2014Yummy Yummy Awesome Awesome Great Great I will return soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchMademoiselleTVIPDined on 9/28/2014Marcus was our server and be was awesome! The food was great. The drinks were great. The DJ was great. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingversakDined on 9/27/2014A lot of options for steak eaters, but only 1 fish entree (plus a special, but it was Skate). Steak was tender and flavorful and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- PerfectMrsbbbbbbDined on 9/26/2014Beautiful place, delicious food, fun and romantic all in one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerthedivaesqDined on 9/26/2014Visited Washington, D.C. for a conference, which also happened to be the same weekend as my birthday. I looked up STK at the recommendation of a DC resident and liked what I saw online. I wanted a place with a fun, vibrant, and modern atmosphere with great drinks. And that's what we got! The food was good, though nothing too memorable. I did not care for the shrimp and rice krispies or whatever it was called. But overall, the meal was fine. The drinks were great and the DJ played great music that we jammed to while eating and chatting. The service was good. They brought out a dessert to help me celebrate and it was not good, but meh…it's the effort that counts. Overall, I would recommend it to a friend, though I probably won't go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDCReviewerDined on 9/24/2014The skirt steak was marvelous! Better than I expected. Excellent customer service, from the hostesses to the wait staff; and the manager stopped by to check on my group of five. Very loud, but as one of the waiters said, it's not your grandfather's steakhouse!Special Features:
- Great experienceYoungFoodieDined on 9/23/2014Typically I don't write reviews but I was blown away by my first visit at STK dc. The server, Caucasian male, I can't remember his name was a rockstar. His energy he brought to the table definitely made my partners and I dining experience! Great food. This one of my new fav steak houses in the city. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CGiovDined on 9/23/2014Restaurant was FREEZING. Food took forever to come, even though the place was nearly empty. The food itself was good, but not enough to overcome the problems.