STK - Washington D.C.
1250 Connecticut Avenue
Washington District of Columbia, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
STK - Washington D.C.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 2022961880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is Served
Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Our bar is open throughout the day and closes an hour after the kitchen closes.
Dinner is Served
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marc Hennessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ provides ambience and energy Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
A word from STK - Washington D.C.
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Washington D.C. is located in Dupont Circle and is in close proximity to D.C. attractions as well as being in the heart of the best night life in the Nation's Capital. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
STK - Washington D.C. - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
STK - Washington D.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (123)special occasion (119)vibrant bar scene (101)good for groups (88)fit for foodies (74)romantic (74)late-night find (47)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (17)scenic view (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Amazing dinnerBareeKDined on 9/13/2014this must be one of the best restaurants in DC, the dining experience was great, super friendly staff, and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Save your moneyjvalentinoDined on 9/12/2014DJ plays really LOUD, cheesy music. Impossible to hear the waiter let alone have a conversation. Tables are really close to each other. Extremely expensive food and drinks for what you get. If you are looking for a high end, upscale scene STK is not the place. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Service could use some attentionWLGJrDined on 9/12/2014Everything was for the most part very good. Food was amazing. We went for a 7:45pm dinner. Had a drink at the bar first. Ron was awesome. Shortly after we sat down and waited about 15 - 20 minutes before flagging down a server (Cesar [?]) to have our order taken. They were apologetic and after we got the ball rolling, service was on par with what was to be expected. Cesar eventually handed us off to the server that should have grabbed us upon seating. Apparently there was a mix-up on coverage. Both servers were great afterwards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicesaraDC77VIPDined on 9/11/2014Dined on Thursday night with my husband and used a Gilt City offer to try out STK. Once the server learned we were ordering from the Pre-Fix menu, he immediately became rude and dismissive. Never checked on us after the food came, had to flag him down to order drinks and our last cocktail didn't arrive until we were almost finished eating (no offer of another drink or coffee with dessert). Considering we still spent $160 for two people, we were treated as if we split an appetizer and water. If you are going to offer deals to drive weeknight business for a new restaurant, you should educate your staff on how to treat people so they come back again..sadly, we will not be returning.
- Service impossibly slowhungryVIPDined on 9/11/2014Tried it for lunch and service was impossibly slow.Special Features:
- Sides as good as steaksLadmantVIPDined on 9/10/2014Mac n cheese, corn pudding, blue cheese rolls all stood up to the perfectly crusted bone-in ribeye steak we had. Thank goodness for the green salad to help cut through the glutony. A delicious meal tht my waistline is still paying for - but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex G.surlysueDined on 9/9/2014I'm not normally a steak house kind of gal. However, my boyfriend is a meat and potatoes guy so I decided to take advantage of the Gilt City offer. I really like the over-all appearance of the restaurant and our waitress was great. Our steak was cooked perfectly. I like medium rare steak and it was truly medium rare. I'm used to most restaurants over cooking my occasional steak just a bit, so I end up with something closer to medium. You will definitely get what you want at STK.Special Features:
- Great Steak Option in DCTandEGuyDined on 9/9/2014Skilled service staff offered helpful insights on what to order, where to go in the neighborhood, and how to pair main plates and interesting sides and sauces. Would definitely go again. Atmosphere is more hip than typical high end steakhouses.Special Features:
- Good for a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Food was excellent. STK in DC is a lot different scene than NY. They may be trying to carve out their own brand there in a difficult town to jump start high end restaurants. The food was well prepared and presented. We sat at a fairly large table even though the reservation was for two which made it difficult for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveDimitrioDined on 9/7/2014Great food, incredible service - overall just a great experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014Long wait for food.. not great once we received. May be better for dinner?
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014I dont know if it was because we had the GILT special...but the special was just our way of trying a new spot and it did not add up AT ALL! We told the waiter several times that it was our first time there and he offered no explanation of NOTHING. He referred to the Beranaise Sauce as Mayonaissy - as if that's even a word. We shared a 24oz Porterhouse and it was the worse cut of meat I have EVER had in any steak restaurant. Each bite was full of FAT! I told the waiter and he only offered to tell the chef for future references. He wrapped up the fatty garbage and we took it home to our kids. The passed on it and we fed it to our dog.Special Features:
- Hot spot for sureBergamDined on 8/30/2014Overall, the service was great and the manager was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK.... OverratedEatYourWordsDined on 8/28/2014Honestly the food was decent, the waitress was very attentive, and the ambience was nice however... For the price, there was a lot to be desired. We were also celebrating a special occasion and I'd hoped STK would've done something special - they didn't. For the price, I'd save your money and maybe consider happy hour.Special Features:
- Impressed but $$$foodiedcgirlVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food - they treated us very well even though we were using a coupon deal. I thought it would be more stuffy based on what I heard but we enjoyed all our food - drinks are soooo good too. However most people there were using the same deal as us and it wasn't very crowded - not sure if the prices will allow them to stay in town very long....Special Features:
- Exceptional Dinning ExperienceCKMullinsDined on 8/25/2014From the scenice view to the stellar service that Ceasar provided on down to the delectable food... On a scale from 1-10 We would rate STK at a 100... We will definitely be back & we're bringing friends & family along with us...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to Go!!!fulloflifeDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife for her birthday and must say it was a great experience. The food and drinks were dynamic, and the DJ set the mood. I really enjoyed his selection of music, and we both found it very entertaining. STK can be both a place of romance or a place of hanging out with friends. Whichever you choose you will be pleasantly surprised. Lamb chops were amazing!!!Special Features:
- Ladies night out!!!BossLadyDined on 8/23/2014My girls and I had a great time and our host, Emma was the absolute best!! The DJ was on point and the drinks and food was outstanding!! Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Girls OutingStarDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriends and I had a nice time at STK. The atmosphere, food, and experience was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DC restaurant experienceZozoDined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious and the portions were large. We ordered truffle fries and their "mashed" potatoes - such amazing sides. Our table ordered the BBQ short rib (super moist and sweet), the 10oz filet (grilled just how I like it - medium well - and has an amazing house sauce that came with it) , and the lamb chops (which were superb and so tender and delicious). I have no complaints about the food. They really know how to grill. I plan to go back and try different dishes and I regret not trying their dessert :/ Next time hopefully!Special Features:
- Awesome BartendersEshaDined on 8/20/2014I arrived at Stk and was immediately greeted. My other party was running late so I sat at the bar area, Malinda was by far awesome, welcoming and her drinks were on point. I would definitely frequent this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodMichyDined on 8/19/2014Food was very nice. Service was not as great as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!!CarolynVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was simply amazing. Great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was wonderful great food great service. Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeEyeEatDined on 8/18/2014Special occasion or trying a new place, STK is awesome. A little pricy so make sure you bring your walletSpecial Features:
- Not impressedSweetPeaDined on 8/17/2014I went for Restaurant week. Thank goodness because if I had paid the full price, I would've been angry. The hostess was nice. In addition to the special, we also got beef tartare & oysters. Both were good as was the tuna tartare. Steaks, nothing special ¬ medium rare as requested. The STK sauce described by our server as "sweet and sassy",thankfully was included because at $2 per sauce, not worth it! $26 for a glass of Cabernet? Service - not up to par for these prices. Never asked how the food was, except dessert. Strange music. One minute heavy metal the next disco? Unpolished flatware that kept being placed incorrectly. Spotlight on our table that was annoying. I was told I should wear a dress & heels? For $200 for 2ppl-I expect more.Special Features:
- Hanging with friendsskinnygreedygalVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went here for a late night meal (11pm)and found out they were having restaurant week. Great right! Not really we ordered off the special menu but never got our starter or dessert, only our entree. Our server was missing most of the night and took over 20 minutes to bring our drinks. The place is Nice and the food was good but service was the worst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAshEats829Dined on 8/16/2014As a resident of NYC and a frequent diner at the STK's there, I was disappointed by the STK in DC. While the food was decent/good, it did not in any way make up for the poor service we received. Upon arrival, we waited 20 minutes before we were even greeted. But I will say, that when we told the host stand that we have been waiting for a while, a friendly woman I presume was a manager, offered us a round of drinks on the house. That was a great gesture. However, at the end of the evening after small gaps of wait times, we finally asked for the check and that took another 20-25minutes to arrive and another 20 minutes before I could pay. I think once STK DC gets a better hold on timing and service all around, it will be a DC staple!Special Features:
- Execellent food and serviceRickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014My original reservation was for 6 people but at the last minute 2 additional people wanted to join. The restaurant was very good in accommodating out party on time. Service was very good, the waiter was great too. Food was outstanding as well as drinks. STK didn't disappointed us. We will all be back.Special Features:
- Great meal and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best meals in awhile. Even during restaurant week the food and service was excellent. The 4 of us ordered steaks at different temperatures and each steak was perfect. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was awesome! The food and drinks were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceVixen240Dined on 8/16/2014A couple of friends and I tried STK for restaurant week. The service was just OK and the food was also not very memorable. Do not order the Parmesan Truffle Fries unless you're in the mood for Yucca bars served in a way that makes them look like a Jenga tower. The filet we had was decent, but the sauce that came with it looked like A-1 but was actually more like sweetened ketchup. The roasted chicken was amazing. The mac and cheese was not salty enough. The desserts were good - especially the almond fudge brownie (odd name for it, though) - but I would skip the banana cream pie jar unless you're in the mood for something that tastes like Jell-O pudding.Special Features:
- AmazingTeeLeeDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time dining at STK. Our server, J.M., was fantastic. He made suggestions and gave his honest opinion about the food. He was attentive, and very welcoming. I had the STK sandwich. It was great. They made note of my specifications, and didn't have a problem customizing it to my liking. The chopped vegetable salad was great. Light, fresh, and refreshing...and the banana cream pie in a jar was absolutely delicious, almost as good as mine. I will definitely be returning to STK.Special Features:
- Go for the cocktailsALaBonneFranketteDined on 8/15/2014Lunched here during restaurant week. The service was friendly, food was good. Don't come here if you're in a rush and want a quick meal. Standouts: Fantastic cocktails, decadent dessertsSpecial Features:
- phillynladudeVIPDined on 8/14/2014where do i begin...went for gilt city promo...not much of a deal at all...the 24 oz porterhouse looked much smaller than 24 oz. mac and cheese was good, everything else was just plain bad: broccolini, tuna tartar underseasoned, scallops almost inedibly salty, bread cold and hard as a rock, parsley oil served with bread was inedible, steak was seasoned well but overcooked, 3 ice cream cones to share between 2 people? what a stupid dessert. Server was clueless on gilt, way too loud, terribly lit, just like STK elsewhere, won't go back, ever.
- Loved it !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week, I had heard mixed reviews but we went anyways. I have to say I loved it the tuna tartare was delicious !!! I had the fillet and it was soo tender :) by the time desert came I was too full to enjoy it. The only thing is that it's too pricey to go often but every once in a while it's ok. It was mainly a young crowd, it's a girly girl place in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week, good serviceDarrylVIPDined on 8/14/2014I went for the August Restaurant Week in DC. Typically, restaurants put their best foot forward or they just give you whatever they can and try to make it through the week. STK DC is the former. Great steak, great appetizer, delicious dessert, top notch service, stylish place! We were greeted right away; after not liking our initial table, we were escorted to a prime location; the waitress - Hazel - was knowledgeable, and offered good recommendations. The manager, McGarrett, was personable, interesting and offered good information for our wine pairing. The loin strip was cooked perfectly, tuna tartare (with avocado and taro chips) was superb; and I couldn't believe the fudge brownie was made in-house. Definitely heavy on female clientele.Special Features:
- Excellent Food/ServiceMaxineShawDined on 8/14/2014Recently ate at STK DC for Restaurant Week with a party of 5. We had no complaints at all-food was good and plentiful and our server Emma was the best! Definitely would come back and recommend others to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Restaurant WeekDee115401VIPDined on 8/14/2014Second time to STK and first for dinner during Restaurant Week. My first visit was closer to the grand opening and they were working through some issues. However, my visit during restaurant week helped me improve my opinion. The food and cocktails were excellent Service was pretty good, they have a young staff and they can be silly. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRefreshingVIPDined on 8/14/2014I went for restaurant week and the décor is very nice with an attentive staff and good ambiance. The mixed drink were standard size and made well. I had a Tuna tartar (excellent), flank steak (good) and a banana pudding dessert (very good). Overall, I really enjoyed it and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.