STK - Washington D.C.
1250 Connecticut Avenue
Washington District of Columbia, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
STK - Washington D.C.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 2022961880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is Served
Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Our bar is open throughout the day and closes an hour after the kitchen closes.
Dinner is Served
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marc Hennessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ provides ambience and energy Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
A word from STK - Washington D.C.
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Washington D.C. is located in Dupont Circle and is in close proximity to D.C. attractions as well as being in the heart of the best night life in the Nation's Capital. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
STK - Washington D.C. - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
STK - Washington D.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
192 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (117)special occasion (115)vibrant bar scene (95)good for groups (82)romantic (71)fit for foodies (66)late-night find (43)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (25)great for lunch (16)scenic view (8)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- STK.... OverratedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Honestly the food was decent, the waitress was very attentive, and the ambience was nice however... For the price, there was a lot to be desired. We were also celebrating a special occasion and I'd hoped STK would've done something special - they didn't. For the price, I'd save your money and maybe consider happy hour.Special Features:
- Impressed but $$$foodiedcgirlVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food - they treated us very well even though we were using a coupon deal. I thought it would be more stuffy based on what I heard but we enjoyed all our food - drinks are soooo good too. However most people there were using the same deal as us and it wasn't very crowded - not sure if the prices will allow them to stay in town very long....Special Features:
- Exceptional Dinning ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014From the scenice view to the stellar service that Ceasar provided on down to the delectable food... On a scale from 1-10 We would rate STK at a 100... We will definitely be back & we're bringing friends & family along with us...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ladies night out!!!BossLadyDined on 8/23/2014My girls and I had a great time and our host, Emma was the absolute best!! The DJ was on point and the drinks and food was outstanding!! Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Girls OutingStarDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriends and I had a nice time at STK. The atmosphere, food, and experience was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DC restaurant experienceZozoDined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious and the portions were large. We ordered truffle fries and their "mashed" potatoes - such amazing sides. Our table ordered the BBQ short rib (super moist and sweet), the 10oz filet (grilled just how I like it - medium well - and has an amazing house sauce that came with it) , and the lamb chops (which were superb and so tender and delicious). I have no complaints about the food. They really know how to grill. I plan to go back and try different dishes and I regret not trying their dessert :/ Next time hopefully!Special Features:
- Awesome BartendersEshaDined on 8/20/2014I arrived at Stk and was immediately greeted. My other party was running late so I sat at the bar area, Malinda was by far awesome, welcoming and her drinks were on point. I would definitely frequent this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodMichyDined on 8/19/2014Food was very nice. Service was not as great as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!!CarolynVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was simply amazing. Great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was wonderful great food great service. Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeEyeEatDined on 8/18/2014Special occasion or trying a new place, STK is awesome. A little pricy so make sure you bring your walletSpecial Features:
- Not impressedSweetPeaDined on 8/17/2014I went for Restaurant week. Thank goodness because if I had paid the full price, I would've been angry. The hostess was nice. In addition to the special, we also got beef tartare & oysters. Both were good as was the tuna tartare. Steaks, nothing special ¬ medium rare as requested. The STK sauce described by our server as "sweet and sassy",thankfully was included because at $2 per sauce, not worth it! $26 for a glass of Cabernet? Service - not up to par for these prices. Never asked how the food was, except dessert. Strange music. One minute heavy metal the next disco? Unpolished flatware that kept being placed incorrectly. Spotlight on our table that was annoying. I was told I should wear a dress & heels? For $200 for 2ppl-I expect more.Special Features:
- Hanging with friendsskinnygreedygalVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went here for a late night meal (11pm)and found out they were having restaurant week. Great right! Not really we ordered off the special menu but never got our starter or dessert, only our entree. Our server was missing most of the night and took over 20 minutes to bring our drinks. The place is Nice and the food was good but service was the worst.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceAshEats829Dined on 8/16/2014As a resident of NYC and a frequent diner at the STK's there, I was disappointed by the STK in DC. While the food was decent/good, it did not in any way make up for the poor service we received. Upon arrival, we waited 20 minutes before we were even greeted. But I will say, that when we told the host stand that we have been waiting for a while, a friendly woman I presume was a manager, offered us a round of drinks on the house. That was a great gesture. However, at the end of the evening after small gaps of wait times, we finally asked for the check and that took another 20-25minutes to arrive and another 20 minutes before I could pay. I think once STK DC gets a better hold on timing and service all around, it will be a DC staple!Special Features:
- Execellent food and serviceRickyVIPDined on 8/16/2014My original reservation was for 6 people but at the last minute 2 additional people wanted to join. The restaurant was very good in accommodating out party on time. Service was very good, the waiter was great too. Food was outstanding as well as drinks. STK didn't disappointed us. We will all be back.Special Features:
- Great meal and experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014One of the best meals in awhile. Even during restaurant week the food and service was excellent. The 4 of us ordered steaks at different temperatures and each steak was perfect. Will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014This restaurant was awesome! The food and drinks were on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceVixen240Dined on 8/16/2014A couple of friends and I tried STK for restaurant week. The service was just OK and the food was also not very memorable. Do not order the Parmesan Truffle Fries unless you're in the mood for Yucca bars served in a way that makes them look like a Jenga tower. The filet we had was decent, but the sauce that came with it looked like A-1 but was actually more like sweetened ketchup. The roasted chicken was amazing. The mac and cheese was not salty enough. The desserts were good - especially the almond fudge brownie (odd name for it, though) - but I would skip the banana cream pie jar unless you're in the mood for something that tastes like Jell-O pudding.Special Features:
- AmazingTeeLeeDined on 8/15/2014This was my first time dining at STK. Our server, J.M., was fantastic. He made suggestions and gave his honest opinion about the food. He was attentive, and very welcoming. I had the STK sandwich. It was great. They made note of my specifications, and didn't have a problem customizing it to my liking. The chopped vegetable salad was great. Light, fresh, and refreshing...and the banana cream pie in a jar was absolutely delicious, almost as good as mine. I will definitely be returning to STK.Special Features:
- Go for the cocktailsALaBonneFranketteDined on 8/15/2014Lunched here during restaurant week. The service was friendly, food was good. Don't come here if you're in a rush and want a quick meal. Standouts: Fantastic cocktails, decadent dessertsSpecial Features:
- phillynladudeVIPDined on 8/14/2014where do i begin...went for gilt city promo...not much of a deal at all...the 24 oz porterhouse looked much smaller than 24 oz. mac and cheese was good, everything else was just plain bad: broccolini, tuna tartar underseasoned, scallops almost inedibly salty, bread cold and hard as a rock, parsley oil served with bread was inedible, steak was seasoned well but overcooked, 3 ice cream cones to share between 2 people? what a stupid dessert. Server was clueless on gilt, way too loud, terribly lit, just like STK elsewhere, won't go back, ever.
- Loved it !OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We went for restaurant week, I had heard mixed reviews but we went anyways. I have to say I loved it the tuna tartare was delicious !!! I had the fillet and it was soo tender :) by the time desert came I was too full to enjoy it. The only thing is that it's too pricey to go often but every once in a while it's ok. It was mainly a young crowd, it's a girly girl place in my opinion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurant Week, good serviceDarrylVIPDined on 8/14/2014I went for the August Restaurant Week in DC. Typically, restaurants put their best foot forward or they just give you whatever they can and try to make it through the week. STK DC is the former. Great steak, great appetizer, delicious dessert, top notch service, stylish place! We were greeted right away; after not liking our initial table, we were escorted to a prime location; the waitress - Hazel - was knowledgeable, and offered good recommendations. The manager, McGarrett, was personable, interesting and offered good information for our wine pairing. The loin strip was cooked perfectly, tuna tartare (with avocado and taro chips) was superb; and I couldn't believe the fudge brownie was made in-house. Definitely heavy on female clientele.Special Features:
- Excellent Food/ServiceMaxineShawDined on 8/14/2014Recently ate at STK DC for Restaurant Week with a party of 5. We had no complaints at all-food was good and plentiful and our server Emma was the best! Definitely would come back and recommend others to do the same.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed Restaurant WeekDee115401VIPDined on 8/14/2014Second time to STK and first for dinner during Restaurant Week. My first visit was closer to the grand opening and they were working through some issues. However, my visit during restaurant week helped me improve my opinion. The food and cocktails were excellent Service was pretty good, they have a young staff and they can be silly. I would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodRefreshingVIPDined on 8/14/2014I went for restaurant week and the décor is very nice with an attentive staff and good ambiance. The mixed drink were standard size and made well. I had a Tuna tartar (excellent), flank steak (good) and a banana pudding dessert (very good). Overall, I really enjoyed it and I will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week August 2014Ksuave57Dined on 8/14/2014This place was pretty lively during restaurant week August 2014. I really liked the ambiance of chic and sophistication with the right mix of feeling comfortable. The restaurant week menu was sufficient although our waiter forgot to inform us the meal was aka carte. He quickly remedied the situation and my party of 5 couldn't have been more happier. I'll definitely be back on a regular basis.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, Great serviceFoodie1029Dined on 8/14/2014The food came out of the kitchen slow but the service was great. We went to lunch during restaurant week for the $20 - three course deal because it's normally pricey. I would have never thought to put olive tapenade on a steak sandwich but it was very good.Special Features:
- Perfectly acceptablejoe4Dined on 8/14/2014Went here for restaurant week. Had the chopped salad and the steak sandwich. Both were very good. But i get the sense that the sandwich is overpriced. The vibe is weird: a cross between a diner (lots of booths) and nightclub, though, for lunch, it feels more like an upscale diner.
- Service terriblenc2dcVIPDined on 8/14/2014It took 20 minutes to take our drink order and we were not served our salads until 45 minutes after we sat down. Not to mention the main course was cold. Truly horrible experience which was disappointing since had amazing experiences in Miami.
- Cool chicYoniDined on 8/14/2014Food was better than expected. The tuna club sandwich was tasty. The almond brownie wasn't great, but my companion had a selection of ice cream cones that he shared with me. The cookies and cream was really good! The overall atmosphere was very trendy. At 54, I was definitely on the older side.Special Features:
- wrong entreesfoodie007VIPDined on 8/14/2014Amazing, how inexperienced servers can mix up everything. My entrée was given to the guy dining close to me and he ate it. I was left waiting, waiting, waiting... Finally, I had to get up and speak with the manager. The waiter didn't want to acknowledge the mistake and ignored me from then on. Where do they hire these servers from? The manager did speak to me and gave me lunch gratis. I wasn't looking for a free lunch, just some adequate service while dining. To say things need to improve in this restaurant is a vast understatement. Yikes.
- Restaurant Week GemDisappointedVIPDined on 8/13/2014Had a fabulous meal at STK during Restaurant Week. A lot of restaurants offer second-rate food during Restaurant Week...not you guys! thanks for a great meal.Special Features:
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was outstanding, service was beyond great. We will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good had funOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/12/2014The food was good as expected the service was a little disorganized but not bad.Special Features:
- Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/12/2014I went here for dinner last night and there were no complainants. There were a lot of mixed reviews for the location online. I have been to STK in NYC before so I had a general idea what to expect. The tuna tartar was my favorite!! The music was not of any issue, it was actually pretty low. Our server Marcus was wonderful. He was knowledgeable of the menu and he was attentive but not too much great balance. A manager came over to the table to ensure we liked our meal. The hostess took the time to show us the private dining space. That was very helpful as a hotelier. I will be sure to refer group business opportunities.Special Features:
- Good restaurant week dealAmyGDined on 8/12/2014Good deal for restaurant week with quality food and good serviceSpecial Features:
- Nice placeAngeDined on 8/11/2014I wanted to try the STK in DC after having gone to the location in Las Vegas and loved it, but I didn't feel this one stood up to the Las Vegas location. It was really nice, the food was good, but I was looking for the same level of energy and fun once it turned into more of a lounge feel. It was kind of quiet but still nice. There was a dj but nothing exciting was really going on. The service was just ok for me, the server was not as attentive as what I am accustomed to. If you haven't been to the Las Vegas location then you won't know what you are missing so you will enjoy this one. Like I said it was still really nice and the food was good so I would recommend it to others.Special Features:
- sseatsVIPDined on 8/11/2014A decent deal for Restaurant Week. Very tender, delicious steak and twice-baked potatoes, good fish, good wine. But the meat comes with nothing else, so sides and sauces are extra. Boo for this. As with so many places, the noise level is a put-off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE THIS PLACE!!!DiamondBoyLuisDined on 8/9/2014First time in STK DC and its my new favorite place. Great place, great food and awesome service. Our food was great, scallops nothing to brag about will skip those next time but the grilled octopus, our steaks, drunken donuts was all amazing. The bar was great as well, with some great music. This is definitely not a quiet place but it is young, trendy, fun, energetic with amazing food and great drinks, especially the Argentinian wine.Special Features: