STK - Washington D.C.
1250 Connecticut Avenue
Washington District of Columbia, DC 20036Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
STK - Washington D.C.
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 2022961880x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch is Served
Monday through Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Our bar is open throughout the day and closes an hour after the kitchen closes.
Dinner is Served
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Wednesday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Thursday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Friday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Sunday: STK Brunch 11:30am - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Marc Hennessy
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: DJ provides ambience and energy Tuesday through Saturday evenings.
A word from STK - Washington D.C.
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Washington D.C. is located in Dupont Circle and is in close proximity to D.C. attractions as well as being in the heart of the best night life in the Nation's Capital. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
STK - Washington D.C. - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
STK - Washington D.C. reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (131)special occasion (116)vibrant bar scene (104)good for groups (94)fit for foodies (79)romantic (70)late-night find (47)notable wine list (35)neighborhood gem (28)great for lunch (17)scenic view (8)great for brunch (6)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/28/2014Marcus was our server and be was awesome! The food was great. The drinks were great. The DJ was great. We had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingversakDined on 9/27/2014A lot of options for steak eaters, but only 1 fish entree (plus a special, but it was Skate). Steak was tender and flavorful and cooked perfectly.Special Features:
- PerfectMrsbbbbbbDined on 9/26/2014Beautiful place, delicious food, fun and romantic all in one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceDCReviewerDined on 9/24/2014The skirt steak was marvelous! Better than I expected. Excellent customer service, from the hostesses to the wait staff; and the manager stopped by to check on my group of five. Very loud, but as one of the waiters said, it's not your grandfather's steakhouse!Special Features:
- Great experienceYoungFoodieDined on 9/23/2014Typically I don't write reviews but I was blown away by my first visit at STK dc. The server, Caucasian male, I can't remember his name was a rockstar. His energy he brought to the table definitely made my partners and I dining experience! Great food. This one of my new fav steak houses in the city. Keep up the great work!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CGiovDined on 9/23/2014Restaurant was FREEZING. Food took forever to come, even though the place was nearly empty. The food itself was good, but not enough to overcome the problems.
- A fun place for Steak with a DJHappilyfedVIPDined on 9/22/2014We tried STK because even from the outside, the restaurant is gorgeous. The décor is modern and the lighting will make almost anyone attractive, but It. Is. Loud. I liked the music, but was surprised how noisy it got. The star of dinner was the crab salad, which was incredibly complex and light. The bread was also something special, but my daughter killed most of it. The martinis were strong and the wine list was pretty good. I wish they had more South American selections, but you can't be good at everything. Notably, our waitress, Regina, was a pro. Our glasses stayed full and she showed exceptional grasp of the menu. Her recommendations were thoughtful and spot on. She was lovely and fun and we will definitely request her next time.Special Features:
- Great Party BrunchGemmyVIPDined on 9/21/2014Yes, the prices will give your heart a flutter, but the overall experience makes it just the slightest bit more palatable. The 80s party brunch thrown to launch STK's brunch service was a great combination of ambiance, great food, and free-flowing libations. The brunch burger was huge and topped with a delicious tomato jam; STK's take on corned beef hash is also perfectly suited to the elegance of the establishment; and the mac and cheese received thumbs up all around the table. I'm looking forward to the fulfillment of the intention to host themed brunches on a monthly basis.Special Features:
- Fun Brunch PartiesCsquaredVIPDined on 9/21/2014STK does not have brunch on the regular but when they do its a fun time had by all! DJs, dancing, and pancakes? Yes please!Special Features:
- What a disappointment!BatruniVIPDined on 9/20/2014As we stepped in the hostess was cold, rude, with no smiles; could care less. Since we arrived early we went to the bar for a cocktail; another cold reception. The bartender walked away and returned about 5 minutes later with menus. Her dress code was horrific, her hair was a mess looked like she was late to work and just got out of bed. The foie gras appetizer was disgusting! We decided to forego dinner here and go elsewhere. We spoke with Rachel, the manager, she was very receptive and apologetic, she took care of our tab. Nice gesture; but will not return to STK. I expected more from this restaurant!
- Very fun!ritzytravelerVIPDined on 9/20/2014Went there on a date with my hubby. I wouldn't call it romantic, but we both agreed we'd go back with a group of friends. I loved the music they played - definitely targeting the 30s and 40s crowd - got loud as evening got later. As a steak place, disappointed they didn't have cocktail onions to make a Gibson martini, but admittedly the blue cheese olives in the dirty martini were a nice substitute. My calamari appetizer was really good. Broccolini side dish good if you like spicy. Kitchen was very nice to slice steak for us to share. Overall, a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- INCREDIBLE!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/19/2014I can't rave enough on how amazing this place is! From Rob, the GM to the outstanding staff with incredible service and delicious food. Thanks again STK for making our evening such a memorable one, can't wait to go back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's a club.Food123VIPDined on 9/19/2014I walked in and went to the hostess and apologized for being a little and told them I had a reservation. They gave me a nasty look and asked if my entire party was there and I said no. He then told me to go wait at the bar. I was slightly put off and immediately felt unwelcome. When we were finally seated the music was so loud I couldn't hear the person next me. Maybe I should have done a little more investigating before eating there buts it's pretty much a club/lounge that serves steak. Our waitress was very sweet and attentive but the food was less than mediocre for the price. All in all I'd say save your pennies.
- 9thDivaDined on 9/18/2014Food and service were great! Will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinnerBareeKDined on 9/13/2014this must be one of the best restaurants in DC, the dining experience was great, super friendly staff, and great atmosphere.Special Features:
- Save your moneyjvalentinoDined on 9/12/2014DJ plays really LOUD, cheesy music. Impossible to hear the waiter let alone have a conversation. Tables are really close to each other. Extremely expensive food and drinks for what you get. If you are looking for a high end, upscale scene STK is not the place. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- Service could use some attentionWLGJrDined on 9/12/2014Everything was for the most part very good. Food was amazing. We went for a 7:45pm dinner. Had a drink at the bar first. Ron was awesome. Shortly after we sat down and waited about 15 - 20 minutes before flagging down a server (Cesar [?]) to have our order taken. They were apologetic and after we got the ball rolling, service was on par with what was to be expected. Cesar eventually handed us off to the server that should have grabbed us upon seating. Apparently there was a mix-up on coverage. Both servers were great afterwards!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServicesaraDC77VIPDined on 9/11/2014Dined on Thursday night with my husband and used a Gilt City offer to try out STK. Once the server learned we were ordering from the Pre-Fix menu, he immediately became rude and dismissive. Never checked on us after the food came, had to flag him down to order drinks and our last cocktail didn't arrive until we were almost finished eating (no offer of another drink or coffee with dessert). Considering we still spent $160 for two people, we were treated as if we split an appetizer and water. If you are going to offer deals to drive weeknight business for a new restaurant, you should educate your staff on how to treat people so they come back again..sadly, we will not be returning.
- Service impossibly slowhungryVIPDined on 9/11/2014Tried it for lunch and service was impossibly slow.Special Features:
- Sides as good as steaksLadmantVIPDined on 9/10/2014Mac n cheese, corn pudding, blue cheese rolls all stood up to the perfectly crusted bone-in ribeye steak we had. Thank goodness for the green salad to help cut through the glutony. A delicious meal tht my waistline is still paying for - but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alex G.surlysueDined on 9/9/2014I'm not normally a steak house kind of gal. However, my boyfriend is a meat and potatoes guy so I decided to take advantage of the Gilt City offer. I really like the over-all appearance of the restaurant and our waitress was great. Our steak was cooked perfectly. I like medium rare steak and it was truly medium rare. I'm used to most restaurants over cooking my occasional steak just a bit, so I end up with something closer to medium. You will definitely get what you want at STK.Special Features:
- Great Steak Option in DCTandEGuyDined on 9/9/2014Skilled service staff offered helpful insights on what to order, where to go in the neighborhood, and how to pair main plates and interesting sides and sauces. Would definitely go again. Atmosphere is more hip than typical high end steakhouses.Special Features:
- Good for a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Food was excellent. STK in DC is a lot different scene than NY. They may be trying to carve out their own brand there in a difficult town to jump start high end restaurants. The food was well prepared and presented. We sat at a fairly large table even though the reservation was for two which made it difficult for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressiveDimitrioDined on 9/7/2014Great food, incredible service - overall just a great experienceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/2/2014Long wait for food.. not great once we received. May be better for dinner?
- Never AgainOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014I dont know if it was because we had the GILT special...but the special was just our way of trying a new spot and it did not add up AT ALL! We told the waiter several times that it was our first time there and he offered no explanation of NOTHING. He referred to the Beranaise Sauce as Mayonaissy - as if that's even a word. We shared a 24oz Porterhouse and it was the worse cut of meat I have EVER had in any steak restaurant. Each bite was full of FAT! I told the waiter and he only offered to tell the chef for future references. He wrapped up the fatty garbage and we took it home to our kids. The passed on it and we fed it to our dog.Special Features:
- Hot spot for sureBergamDined on 8/30/2014Overall, the service was great and the manager was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK.... OverratedEatYourWordsDined on 8/28/2014Honestly the food was decent, the waitress was very attentive, and the ambience was nice however... For the price, there was a lot to be desired. We were also celebrating a special occasion and I'd hoped STK would've done something special - they didn't. For the price, I'd save your money and maybe consider happy hour.Special Features:
- Impressed but $$$foodiedcgirlVIPDined on 8/26/2014Great food - they treated us very well even though we were using a coupon deal. I thought it would be more stuffy based on what I heard but we enjoyed all our food - drinks are soooo good too. However most people there were using the same deal as us and it wasn't very crowded - not sure if the prices will allow them to stay in town very long....Special Features:
- Exceptional Dinning ExperienceCKMullinsDined on 8/25/2014From the scenice view to the stellar service that Ceasar provided on down to the delectable food... On a scale from 1-10 We would rate STK at a 100... We will definitely be back & we're bringing friends & family along with us...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to Go!!!fulloflifeDined on 8/23/2014I took my wife for her birthday and must say it was a great experience. The food and drinks were dynamic, and the DJ set the mood. I really enjoyed his selection of music, and we both found it very entertaining. STK can be both a place of romance or a place of hanging out with friends. Whichever you choose you will be pleasantly surprised. Lamb chops were amazing!!!Special Features:
- Ladies night out!!!BossLadyDined on 8/23/2014My girls and I had a great time and our host, Emma was the absolute best!! The DJ was on point and the drinks and food was outstanding!! Great ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Girls OutingStarDined on 8/23/2014My girlfriends and I had a nice time at STK. The atmosphere, food, and experience was Awesome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique DC restaurant experienceZozoDined on 8/20/2014The food was delicious and the portions were large. We ordered truffle fries and their "mashed" potatoes - such amazing sides. Our table ordered the BBQ short rib (super moist and sweet), the 10oz filet (grilled just how I like it - medium well - and has an amazing house sauce that came with it) , and the lamb chops (which were superb and so tender and delicious). I have no complaints about the food. They really know how to grill. I plan to go back and try different dishes and I regret not trying their dessert :/ Next time hopefully!Special Features:
- Awesome BartendersEshaDined on 8/20/2014I arrived at Stk and was immediately greeted. My other party was running late so I sat at the bar area, Malinda was by far awesome, welcoming and her drinks were on point. I would definitely frequent this spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice foodMichyDined on 8/19/2014Food was very nice. Service was not as great as expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food!!CarolynVIPDined on 8/19/2014The food was simply amazing. Great attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food. Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/18/2014Everything was wonderful great food great service. Will be back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeEyeEatDined on 8/18/2014Special occasion or trying a new place, STK is awesome. A little pricy so make sure you bring your walletSpecial Features:
- Not impressedSweetPeaDined on 8/17/2014I went for Restaurant week. Thank goodness because if I had paid the full price, I would've been angry. The hostess was nice. In addition to the special, we also got beef tartare & oysters. Both were good as was the tuna tartare. Steaks, nothing special ¬ medium rare as requested. The STK sauce described by our server as "sweet and sassy",thankfully was included because at $2 per sauce, not worth it! $26 for a glass of Cabernet? Service - not up to par for these prices. Never asked how the food was, except dessert. Strange music. One minute heavy metal the next disco? Unpolished flatware that kept being placed incorrectly. Spotlight on our table that was annoying. I was told I should wear a dress & heels? For $200 for 2ppl-I expect more.Special Features: