26 Little West 12th street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.togrp.com/
- Phone: 6466242441x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:30am;
Summer Friday's: 3:00pm - 6:00
Sunday: 12pm-10pm (Brunch is served all day)
Please note, patrons under 21 years old are not permitted all day Sunday and after 2pm on Saturday. For dinner, minors are permitted at 6pm and must be done by 8pm, 21 and over after 8pm.
Please be advised, if we have inclement weather we will close the rooftop. We will try our best to accommodate you downstairs or at our sister restaurant, however it is not a guarantee.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJ for Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: All-day Sunday brunch with Dj entertainment
Summer Fridays to enjoy drink specials with lighter fare from 3:00 until 6:00pm
A word from STK Rooftop
STK Rooftop NYC is a seasonal rooftop restaurant and lounge located on top of STK Meatpacking. The menu offers a lighter take on STK’s signature dishes with casual American grill cuisine and cool summer cocktails amidst breathtaking views of the Hudson River and New York skyline. The restaurant and lounge is open for dinner and drinks daily and weekends for brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
STK Rooftop reviews from OpenTable diners
64 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (46)scenic view (38)hot spot (34)vibrant bar scene (27)special occasion (24)romantic (18)good for groups (16)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (13)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (6)notable wine list (6)neighborhood gem (5)Show More
- MealRileyDined on 8/26/2014Great meal! Great view. Overall great experience Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/26/2014Unfortunately all the smiles and good will did not result in a great experience. They forgot our appetizer (though did send it over mid meal free of charge) and then seems like they forgot us. Waited quite a while for someone to take our dessert order and then another long time for dessert. It's a fun spot, but the food was just okay and service was poor, though very nice.Special Features:
- Vibrant place, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/25/2014I recommend STK Rooftop for nice views, good music and very simple and tasteful menu. Steaks are great, good choice of sides, perfect for hanging out with mates in a good and vibrant atmosphere. Service: fast and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great West Village RooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Evidently word spread among the staff that it was our anniversary and they couldn't have been nicer. We asked for a table with a nice view and they happily accommodated us. Drinks were refreshing and the food was good. We each had an appetizer and then we split the rib steak. It was plenty for the 2 of us even though the serving sizes seemed a bit small going by current traditional US standards. The upside was that we saved room for a great dessert, the stuffed 'Drunkin' donuts'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service at it's bestChuckDined on 8/24/2014came during brunch hours and did not know dinner menu wasn't being served. The manager on the rooftop saw us leaving and asked why, we noted our issue as it was my gf bday and he said, he'd talk to the chef to allow us to get steak during brunch. Food ambiance everything was a complete win! Everything tasted spectacular and while my porterhouse came out not as hot as I'd like the manager personally brought out my new steak and asked for any other needs I may have had in addition to a courtesy round of drinks. The vibe up there was so good, that minor setback meant nothing to me. I had the time of my life and they treat you right! Only bad news is my gf now wants to go every week and I can't afford that lolSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing but the service was appalling. My friend and I felt forgotten about, but watching around the restaurant it felt like it was just us. We were not offered to see a dessert menu, we had to ask for more drinks after having empty glasses for at least 10 minutes, when we asked for the cheque we were kept waiting and had to eventually ask a second time. We were do disappointed with the service we cut our evening short and went somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ML's ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014Ahi Tuna tacos were excellent but a bit small, the Burger was outstanding and came with a really exceptional salad. The truffle fries were delicious however I would have preferred them to be of the traditional size rather than large blocks. The drinks were good altough expensive. The atmosphere is very nice, great view of the Hudson. Overall it was a great experience and my girlfriend, who I took for her birthday had a really nice time. My only complaint was that it seemed our waitress (who was great) had a little too much on her plate and at times took a little while to attend to us. Once we were done however we were seemingly rushed away from our table because of the volume of reservations behind us. Not sure what could be done about thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, sub-par servicenycaneDined on 8/20/2014Great food, great atmosphere, perfect for date night or a special occasion but the service was extremely slow and the waiters were not as attentive as one would hope for a restaurant of this caliber. We only had our water glasses filled once, when we first sat down, and they were left mostly empty for the remainder of the meal. The oysters, while absolutely delicious, contained a fair amount of shells which was not idealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I came here with my boyfriend for his birthday and it was outstanding! The view was spectacular and the food was beyond amazing! Spent an arm and a leg but it was so worth it!!! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaroDined on 8/17/2014I asked for butter, no butter. No dessert menu available for brunch bcs the pastry chef gets there after 5pm. A latte? No latte only regular black coffee. Definitely not the kind of brunch you want to have. Nice view, that's all.Special Features:
- HumiliatedHannaDined on 8/15/2014I had my friend coming for a visit from the UK. As she recently had a baby and is getting married in a month time I wanted us to go out for real celebration night. I chose to take her to STK Rooftop for dinner. We had a really lovely time and some good food. We weren't loud and we didn't interfere with anyone else in the restaurant. We were just so happy to see each other again and to catch up. By the end of our meal the manager and a bouncer came to our table and asked us to leave. We asked why but did not get any explanation. In the elevator down we asked the bouncer if anyone actually had complained about us and he shook his head. I never been thrown out from a restaurant or any other bar for that matter, this is not how you treat ladiesSpecial Features:
- Pleasant rooftop, reliable foodJRHChathamDined on 8/15/2014Have been here on two occassions. The food is always to high quality steak house standards and has sufficient variety in terms of portion size and interesting sides. The staff is pleasant but can be a bit pushy and not overly accomodating. Nice spot but be prepared to be assertive or demanding with the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nodraku007Dined on 8/11/20141. We ordered steak but they forgot to ask how we would like the steak to be cooked 2. The people who got there after us got their food way before us 3. They brought us the wrong food 4. The steak was too raw for my wife (look #1) 5. I found a hair under my fries 6. I found the same kind of hair on the side of my steak plate This was my last time at STK.
- great food and servicezaxdad322Dined on 8/7/2014Food was really good. My wife and I had a great time. The ambience was great too. Dinner wasn't overly expensive, but it wasn't cheap either. Well worth the money. Service was great too. We'll be back.Special Features:
- zgtfollowrDined on 8/3/2014Love the tuna tartar tacos. It's always fresh. Can't beat the views definitely a place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCali2NycDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed the music and food! DJ played a mix of music, nice rooftop to grab a drink with friends or date. Lunch was good. Had the STK burger. Truffle fries were good and the drinks were good! Have to come back for dinner. Overall---A Must go to rooftop! Also, our waiter was attentive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine DiningMF28Dined on 7/29/2014The food is nothing short of divine!!! Everything we ordered was delicious....make sure you leave room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun summer eveningShiraVIPDined on 7/29/2014We've been to STK rooftop several times in the last summer. We love the atmosphere and the views. The food is generally very good but this time our steaks were overcooked. The new lil Kobe sliders are amazing and the tuna tacos and truffle fries are always great. Just wish they could serve coffee with dessert (no coffee or tea upstairs). Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointed brunchJJG9005VIPDined on 7/27/2014service was terrible this is one of my favorite places and i was totally dissapointedSpecial Features:
- great late night dinnerfoodiequeen88VIPDined on 7/25/2014We made reservations at 11:30 pm; it was our first time eating at STK. The mac & cheese was extremely delicious, the fries were very tasty and the salad with jumbo shrimp was also delicious. I will definitely return back to STK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good people and Great foodDocMahoganyDined on 7/24/2014Perfect backdrop for outdoor dining on a summer evening in the city! The Baba Ganoush...which I only ordered so I could say "Baba Ganoush" was perfect sharing proportion with fresh ingredients...delicious. I went all in with a cheeseburger and parmesian fries that arrived quickly and hot. Had to order a pitcher of Hennesey Mojito (to share of course!) for the table and I'm telling you I left very satisfied. Towards late evening some of the most beautiful people starting arriving at the bar so we settled our tab; headed to the bar and made a "meet and greet" event of the rest of the night. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only downfallRSVPEventsDined on 7/16/2014We would have ordered more appetizers and sides if the table was larger. We held back and cut options because the two top would not have had enough room. We own our own company in the industry and understand the need to maximize covers on the floor but also know that we would have ordered at least 3/4 more items off the menu if the table space allowed for it. Thank you Roman S PopescuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rooftop ReviewJLevDined on 7/11/2014Please note this review is specific to Rooftop Dining, not the interior dining room. Overall, this is more of a hot spot than a foodie spot.Special Features:
- birthday dinnerbirthdaychickDined on 7/10/2014Although we had reservations I did wait a very long time to be seated . They crammed more people than tables onyo the rooftop . Other than that the food was amazing I expected the price and the view was nice . The waiter was also amazing .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 7/1/2014Rude host people, though steaks. Requested special table, no record of it was written down. Forced to a small table.
- Food's fine, view is betterEclecticGuyVIPDined on 6/30/2014This place is totally about being "up on the roof." And on a beautiful night in New York, why not? The food's fine -- pricey, but perfectly palatable. Service was good except when it wasn't -- the wait staff mysteriously vanished from time to time. Overall, a solid B with an A-plus roof.
- STK Rooftop was great!IluvnyceatsDined on 6/30/2014The rooftop was awesome, service was great, and wine/cocktails were delicious. Great scenery!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New place, predictable problemsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/11/2014It was only 3 days old when we went and it showed. We sat down at 2 and were served our meals at 3:30. The waitstaff was lovely but not much you can do when the kitchen is understaffed and disorganized. The ambience was great as was the dj, though. I will go back in a few months to see if it's gotten better.
- The following 93 reviews are from the STK Rooftop reviews archive.
- To little attentionThomasSwedeDined on 10/5/2013It was an early brunch with a few guests. Sorry to say, but the waiter was more interested of his friends than his guests. But the food was great, the view fantastic and the sun was shining.Special Features:
- Awesome timeAlexandvinDined on 10/4/2013Took my boyfriend here for his birthday. We had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A let downSamUKSaysVIPDined on 10/3/2013I booked a table for 6 at STK to impress some friends visiting town. We were put on what was essentially a table for 4 and spent the evening cramped together. The menu looked terrific so we decided to get a few appetizers for the table. The lobster rolls had more roll than lobster and the tuna tacos didn't show up. My Filet Mignon was delicious but a tiny cut. We ordered some sides for the table but they were all single portions and the server didn't think to mention this when we put the order in so we all politely had tiny helpings. Overall, it was a nice setting and great company, slightly ruined by very small portions and bad service.
- Disappointing experienceNachoDined on 10/1/2013The hostess insisted on sitting us at a table for two against the wall with my back to the view. I requested to be moved to a center table (all of them were empty) but the hostess refused. I expressed my concern that the tables around us were too close. She assured me she wouldn't seat any one next to us since the restaurant was empty. When the next couple walked in, she insisted on seating them right next to us -and i'm talking 6 inches from us. The food was mediocre at best. My bone in fillet was overcooked and the mushroom sauce salty. I've lived in NY for ten years and this is the worst dinning experience I've had in the city at this price point. Stay away from this tourist trap!Special Features:
- My name wasn't in their systemslategirlDined on 9/28/2013My name wasn't in their system and the hosts were so rude and they gave us a really bad table and it was cold and we left without even eating.
- Great rooftopVkn1981VIPDined on 9/28/2013Had great apps and plenty of yummy drinks. The cotton candy martini was great!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accommodation was great! WePunkee224Dined on 9/28/2013Accommodation was great! We had a reservation at 6pm bt we came late bt they still welcomed us! Would def go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our group became bigger andStevieDined on 9/21/2013Our group became bigger and they had us squish into a few tables. We only needed one more table that they wouldn't give us and was empty all night. Otherwise food and ambiance was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent place to goLgraverDined on 9/20/2013Sitting rooftop in meatpacking with the view over hudson river, great cocktails and incredible food. Just fantasticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but coldMikeDined on 9/16/2013Everything was good, server Jordan was great. Should have some outside heaters on cooler nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, just check the weatherDivaof3Dined on 9/13/2013I chose STK for my husband's bday. He was very pleased w my choice! Food was great & service was very good. Waiter recommended 2 great, sweet drinks for me. Although, the drinks I felt could have come in a bigger glass for $16 each. The only drawback was it was a bit nippy & windy the night we dined. Didn't consider that when getting dressed coupled w being on the rooftop. Overall it was a great evening and plan to dine there again. Reasonably priced meals-bill was about $170 for 2 steak, 2 sides, water and 4 drinks. It was very intimate & nice. Downstairs appeared to be very live with music & ppl. We just passed by it on our way up to the rooftop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I used to love STK rooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2013I used to love STK rooftop when I was there for the first time but this time I waited 30 minutes for my table even though I had a reservationSpecial Features: