26 Little West 12th street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.togrp.com/
- Phone: (646) 624-2441
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Wednesday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Thursday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:30am;
Summer Friday's: 3:00pm - 6:00
Sunday: 12pm-8pm (Brunch is served all day)
Please be advised, if we have inclement weather we will close the rooftop. We will try our best to accommodate you downstairs or at our sister restaurant, however it is not a guarantee.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Taylor
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live DJ for Sunday Brunch
- Special Events: All-day Sunday brunch with Dj entertainment
Summer Fridays to enjoy drink specials with lighter fare from 3:00 until 6:00pm
A word from STK Rooftop
STK Rooftop NYC is a seasonal rooftop restaurant and lounge located on top of STK Meatpacking. The menu offers a lighter take on STK’s signature dishes with casual American grill cuisine and cool summer cocktails amidst breathtaking views of the Hudson River and New York skyline. The restaurant and lounge is open for dinner and drinks daily and weekends for brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
STK Rooftop reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (66)scenic view (52)hot spot (43)special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (26)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (21)late-night find (19)great for brunch (12)neighborhood gem (11)great for lunch (8)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Excellent but disappointed.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014Overall excellent service and food. Your signage is horrible, we could not find the place. We were told the roof top was packed and they need to move our reservation to the restaurant however we wanted the roof top and once we got there, it was empty, which was very nice. I was disappointed with your pricing. I felt nickle and dimed. We ordered two orders of mac and cheese and they charged us $36 to add lobster and $35 over and above the $12 to add mushrooms(White Truffle??) to the mac and cheese. This was my wife's 40th birthday and we chose to hold it at your restaurant and you charged us for the brownie. Really? Overall good but like i said i don't like being nickle and dimed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite, Romantic, PerfectGla8421Dined on 10/10/2014This place is perfect for a romantic dinner at the rooftop. First floor was more for party, see and be seen! Food was exquisite! Absolutely loved it! Definitely will go back! Make sure you make reservations, it's hard to get a table without one! Also, it's a bit pricey but it's totally worth it! Try the Mac & Cheese as a side for your steak... They're absolutely amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst STK I have been to.FlexiaDined on 10/3/2014In short as I have posted my full review on trip advisor. Horrible service, we had to ask to be served. Even when we arrived, no one acknowledged us, or even looked at us we had to ask to be seated. Food was undercooked or overcooked, in the case of the starter both we had the squid half of it tasted like to was out of the can and the other half was char-grilled to a crisp. We were given the check even though we wanted to see the desert menu $190 down after a shared starter two mains two sides and a few drinks. I will pay good money for good food and service the day after we went to the Gramercy Tavern and had the best meal ever for almost 4 times as much, but it was worth it. Best part of the experience was LEAVING.Special Features:
- Terrible servicePeteDined on 9/27/2014If you like to pay a lot of money for the worst terrible service in manhattan then this place is goodSpecial Features:
- Worst service I can rememberOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014Negative stars for service. The food was good when it arrived and was corrected, but the service was absolutely appalling. We ordered half a dozen oysters; we received a dozen oysters (which we sent back), we ordered dirty martinis; after a long wait we received regular martinis, we ordered the three slider starter; the plate arrived with two sliders, we ordered lobster mac and cheese; we received lobster mac and cheese AND regular mac and cheese (which we sent back), our filet for two special was cold. In all fairness, the manager came over to our table and was very accommodating. She took the additional six oysters and steak special off the check. However, having to correct everything we ordered pretty much killed the evening.
- Like a rooftop BBQ with friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Being from London, and having travelled a lot I've eaten at STK restaurants at a number of locations and love the place and the food. I accidentally booked the rooftop but what a serendipitous find. It's like a rooftop BBQ with your friends - the ambience is lively and pleasant without being rowdy. The ambience with the river views and lanterns is warm and relaxing. The people are very cool and service good. We got chatting to the couple next to us and stayed till long past midnight. It was a great evening. It's an awesome place. Check it out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was goodLove2liveDined on 9/27/2014Beautiful weather enhanced the rooftop experience. Servers were very eager to please especially when they forgot my salad and my husband's bone in rib steak was over seasoned and grisly. Our friends steak was undercooked and needed more heat. My filet was delicious They treated us to dessert to make up for the mishaps The rooftop is more about the atmosphere which was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great rooftopNYC2014Dined on 9/27/2014Great rooftop with lovely seating and food! The pitchers weren't amazing but the burgers were great. Great vibe and views!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food - terrible serviceDTDNYC23Dined on 9/26/2014Good food and scene. Service was absolutely terrible.Special Features:
- Great HostessmysommDined on 9/25/2014She was so fantastic. The food was good but it was way too noisy... music too loud. I suggest that the volume should be lowerd in the early evening and then cranked up after 11.Special Features:
- Horribleborga76VIPDined on 9/24/2014Horrible service, not special food, very poor location and, at the end the waiter run against me until the exist to scream about the small tip. Unbelievable, I'll never come back!
- Terrible serviceidwiwtDined on 9/24/2014I included a visit to STK rooftop during a recent visit to NYC to celebrate a friends birthday. As a lover of steak who had never experienced STK I thought that I would try them out. Choose the rooftop location for it's views of the Hudson and High Line. I must say that the food was simply amazing everything was cooked to outstanding perfection however the service on the other hand was probably the most appalling and unprofessional service that I've ever experienced in a restaurant. From the get go our service demonstrated services standards below that of even the worst fast food establishments. No matter how amazing the food was I couldn't imagine spending money at the place again for fear of experiencing the same level of poor service.
- Go for the view, not for the food.LiebesaffaereDined on 9/20/2014And even for the view, it may not be worth it. I took my parents to the meatpacking district and wanted them to have a great NYC brunch experience. I chose STK Rooftop because my previous experience with the STK brand has been great. However, the food was not up to par and was way too expensive. You are paying for the view, which is not that great. I actually searched for the menu ahead of time because I was afraid of this, but if they have it out there - it is well hidden. The food was in small portions, and I'm pretty sure the plates and glasses were plastic. Try somewhere else.Special Features:
- RRV6Dined on 9/15/2014!!! Excellent food , nice atmosphere the roof , with cold that day so we asked the hostess to send us down restaurant, but she said no !! hostess according to all that was full, which was not true because after we try to have dinner fast we went down and we see several tables .. that's not good service , also in the roof was only one waitress which made the dishes and drinks came very late afternoon, as I said the food superb as STK Vegas, only to improve service and attention ..Special Features:
- PhenomenalDustinDined on 9/5/2014Great service, wonderful food, awesome location. I would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but fair servicenewtoDISHDined on 9/4/2014The decorations and ambiance on the STK Roof are beautiful. It is very lively with cool music pumping. The mixed cocktails are all great, too. I went with a group of 4 and our service was slow and unnattentive. We sat down to eat at 10:30 on a Thurs night. It took 15 mins for the waitor to take our drink orders. The appetizers and food came out very slowly, I would think that late at night the kitchen wouldn't be so busy. When the entrees finally came (40+ min after ordering), the sides did not come out until 10 min later. After our first drink order, we could not find our waitor for 20+ min to order more drinks. We would have ordered many more had he made an effort to stop by more. The food was awesome when it came, though.Special Features:
- 1st Time and a great timeTonyJVIPDined on 9/4/2014Great views, comfortable setting, excellent service to accommodate a slightly larger group, and, most importantly, the food was very good. Each of us, except one, had a different cut of steak and all were delicious. The fish was fresh and tasty. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never AgainAngrybirdDined on 9/1/2014I was very delighted when my fiance said that we were going to STK for the first time! We arrived to the restaurant at 8:00 pm, and I must admit the ambiance was amazing. We decided to be romantic and eat on the rooftop, for the full "STK" experience. However, we were very dissapointed when the menu arrived. There really wasn't much to choose from on the menu, but we decided to go for the grilled sirloin. When my food arrived it was horrible!My sirloin was burnt! Every bite literally tasted like charcoal. The waitress barely came to our table.We then wrapped up dinner and paid the bill. The waitress then called us back to our table and questioned why we left her a 15% tip. I was mortified! I will never dine at this restaurant again.Special Features:
- MealRileyDined on 8/26/2014Great meal! Great view. Overall great experience Would recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedLuv2dineVIPDined on 8/26/2014Unfortunately all the smiles and good will did not result in a great experience. They forgot our appetizer (though did send it over mid meal free of charge) and then seems like they forgot us. Waited quite a while for someone to take our dessert order and then another long time for dessert. It's a fun spot, but the food was just okay and service was poor, though very nice.Special Features:
- Vibrant place, good foodMag12Dined on 8/25/2014I recommend STK Rooftop for nice views, good music and very simple and tasteful menu. Steaks are great, good choice of sides, perfect for hanging out with mates in a good and vibrant atmosphere. Service: fast and nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great West Village RooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/25/2014Evidently word spread among the staff that it was our anniversary and they couldn't have been nicer. We asked for a table with a nice view and they happily accommodated us. Drinks were refreshing and the food was good. We each had an appetizer and then we split the rib steak. It was plenty for the 2 of us even though the serving sizes seemed a bit small going by current traditional US standards. The upside was that we saved room for a great dessert, the stuffed 'Drunkin' donuts'Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service at it's bestChuckDined on 8/24/2014came during brunch hours and did not know dinner menu wasn't being served. The manager on the rooftop saw us leaving and asked why, we noted our issue as it was my gf bday and he said, he'd talk to the chef to allow us to get steak during brunch. Food ambiance everything was a complete win! Everything tasted spectacular and while my porterhouse came out not as hot as I'd like the manager personally brought out my new steak and asked for any other needs I may have had in addition to a courtesy round of drinks. The vibe up there was so good, that minor setback meant nothing to me. I had the time of my life and they treat you right! Only bad news is my gf now wants to go every week and I can't afford that lolSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014The food was amazing but the service was appalling. My friend and I felt forgotten about, but watching around the restaurant it felt like it was just us. We were not offered to see a dessert menu, we had to ask for more drinks after having empty glasses for at least 10 minutes, when we asked for the cheque we were kept waiting and had to eventually ask a second time. We were do disappointed with the service we cut our evening short and went somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ML's ReviewML72Dined on 8/23/2014Ahi Tuna tacos were excellent but a bit small, the Burger was outstanding and came with a really exceptional salad. The truffle fries were delicious however I would have preferred them to be of the traditional size rather than large blocks. The drinks were good altough expensive. The atmosphere is very nice, great view of the Hudson. Overall it was a great experience and my girlfriend, who I took for her birthday had a really nice time. My only complaint was that it seemed our waitress (who was great) had a little too much on her plate and at times took a little while to attend to us. Once we were done however we were seemingly rushed away from our table because of the volume of reservations behind us. Not sure what could be done about thatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, sub-par servicenycaneDined on 8/20/2014Great food, great atmosphere, perfect for date night or a special occasion but the service was extremely slow and the waiters were not as attentive as one would hope for a restaurant of this caliber. We only had our water glasses filled once, when we first sat down, and they were left mostly empty for the remainder of the meal. The oysters, while absolutely delicious, contained a fair amount of shells which was not idealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I came here with my boyfriend for his birthday and it was outstanding! The view was spectacular and the food was beyond amazing! Spent an arm and a leg but it was so worth it!!! Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CaroVIPDined on 8/17/2014I asked for butter, no butter. No dessert menu available for brunch bcs the pastry chef gets there after 5pm. A latte? No latte only regular black coffee. Definitely not the kind of brunch you want to have. Nice view, that's all.Special Features:
- HumiliatedHannaDined on 8/15/2014I had my friend coming for a visit from the UK. As she recently had a baby and is getting married in a month time I wanted us to go out for real celebration night. I chose to take her to STK Rooftop for dinner. We had a really lovely time and some good food. We weren't loud and we didn't interfere with anyone else in the restaurant. We were just so happy to see each other again and to catch up. By the end of our meal the manager and a bouncer came to our table and asked us to leave. We asked why but did not get any explanation. In the elevator down we asked the bouncer if anyone actually had complained about us and he shook his head. I never been thrown out from a restaurant or any other bar for that matter, this is not how you treat ladiesSpecial Features:
- Pleasant rooftop, reliable foodJRHChathamVIPDined on 8/15/2014Have been here on two occassions. The food is always to high quality steak house standards and has sufficient variety in terms of portion size and interesting sides. The staff is pleasant but can be a bit pushy and not overly accomodating. Nice spot but be prepared to be assertive or demanding with the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nodraku007Dined on 8/11/20141. We ordered steak but they forgot to ask how we would like the steak to be cooked 2. The people who got there after us got their food way before us 3. They brought us the wrong food 4. The steak was too raw for my wife (look #1) 5. I found a hair under my fries 6. I found the same kind of hair on the side of my steak plate This was my last time at STK.
- great food and servicezaxdad322Dined on 8/7/2014Food was really good. My wife and I had a great time. The ambience was great too. Dinner wasn't overly expensive, but it wasn't cheap either. Well worth the money. Service was great too. We'll be back.Special Features:
- zgtfollowrDined on 8/3/2014Love the tuna tartar tacos. It's always fresh. Can't beat the views definitely a place for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeCali2NycVIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed the music and food! DJ played a mix of music, nice rooftop to grab a drink with friends or date. Lunch was good. Had the STK burger. Truffle fries were good and the drinks were good! Have to come back for dinner. Overall---A Must go to rooftop! Also, our waiter was attentive and fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Divine DiningMF28Dined on 7/29/2014The food is nothing short of divine!!! Everything we ordered was delicious....make sure you leave room for dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun summer eveningShiraVIPDined on 7/29/2014We've been to STK rooftop several times in the last summer. We love the atmosphere and the views. The food is generally very good but this time our steaks were overcooked. The new lil Kobe sliders are amazing and the tuna tacos and truffle fries are always great. Just wish they could serve coffee with dessert (no coffee or tea upstairs). Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dissapointed brunchJJG9005VIPDined on 7/27/2014service was terrible this is one of my favorite places and i was totally dissapointedSpecial Features:
- great late night dinnerfoodiequeen88VIPDined on 7/25/2014We made reservations at 11:30 pm; it was our first time eating at STK. The mac & cheese was extremely delicious, the fries were very tasty and the salad with jumbo shrimp was also delicious. I will definitely return back to STK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 102 reviews are from the STK Rooftop reviews archive.
- Good people and Great foodDocMahoganyDined on 7/24/2014Perfect backdrop for outdoor dining on a summer evening in the city! The Baba Ganoush...which I only ordered so I could say "Baba Ganoush" was perfect sharing proportion with fresh ingredients...delicious. I went all in with a cheeseburger and parmesian fries that arrived quickly and hot. Had to order a pitcher of Hennesey Mojito (to share of course!) for the table and I'm telling you I left very satisfied. Towards late evening some of the most beautiful people starting arriving at the bar so we settled our tab; headed to the bar and made a "meet and greet" event of the rest of the night. Awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Only downfallRSVPEventsDined on 7/16/2014We would have ordered more appetizers and sides if the table was larger. We held back and cut options because the two top would not have had enough room. We own our own company in the industry and understand the need to maximize covers on the floor but also know that we would have ordered at least 3/4 more items off the menu if the table space allowed for it. Thank you Roman S PopescuSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.