STK - NYC - Midtown
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: (646) 624-2455
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00PM-11:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00PM-12:00AM
Outdoor patio open weather permitting
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ: Monday- Saturday
- Special Events: Please call 646-666-4510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from STK - NYC - Midtown
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Midtown is located in Midtown Manhattan, just steps from the bustling Theatre District. STK Midtown includes an outdoor patio and separate bar during summer months. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
STK - NYC - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
STK - NYC - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
299 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (169)special occasion (153)good for groups (143)vibrant bar scene (139)fit for foodies (113)romantic (72)late-night find (59)notable wine list (46)great for lunch (42)neighborhood gem (30)great for outdoor dining (19)scenic view (13)great for brunch (8)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great food, Energetic sceneMoroLoversDined on 11/22/2014We were visiting from out of town and wanted to try something new; I would recommend STK-Midtown to anyone looking for a great meal in a lively scene. The staff was very accomodating to our needs. We each ordered something different; a filet, a ribeye, and big eye tuna. Everything was delicious and prepared very well. The miniature desserts and champagne at the end were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KeriVIPDined on 11/22/2014It was my friends birthday. She came in from out of town and we decided to eat here. I was impressed with how often our water was filled, the service was great, every person in my group loved their dish. The spiced duck was delicious! I wanted to surprise my friend with a candle in her dessert. Towards the end it turned out no one wanted dessert but our waiter was still sure to provide a candle! Looking forward to dining here again, hopefully soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TOO LOUD!!!!EddieVsSDDined on 11/22/2014Food was good but a private party in the bar w/ loud DJ blasting rock from the 80s detracted from the experience. Way too much noise.
- Excellent steaks and appetizers.OrpheusDined on 11/22/2014The prices were a bit excessive for these steaks, but you have to expect that in a midtown restaurant. It was a bit noisy due to an engagement party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExperienceLduvalVIPDined on 11/21/20141st of all, we had a reservation for 8 o'clock and we were seated at 9pm. And second, our waiter complained to me about the tip which was generous in relation to the service offered. He was arrogant and the service was very ordinary! So, I figured s 15% tip was enough!
- Fantastic!tapasdelightDined on 11/21/2014The food is amazing. If you are craving a great steak, STK is the place to go. The vibrant scene brings life to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and atmosphereIcemanDined on 11/21/2014Excellent service, extremely enjoyable. Great beginning of a fun friday night out. Food was good and overshadowed by great service, service attitude and a beautiful modern place and atmosphere. DJ was very good. Overall a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice findGoldDined on 11/21/2014I had finner here the service was great vibrant bar scene. The food good the seafood was awesome fresh but the steaks need improvement..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent steak in a live environment.KingDaddioVIPDined on 11/20/2014Excellent steak in a live environment. Only critique is that we were asked to free up our table at 9pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KEENJVIPDined on 11/20/2014STK has a nice decor and good food. The problem for us was the noise level. It was a Thursday night and we were told that's a party night at the restaurant. The noise level was very high, and we couldn't hear each other. Loud music was playing. The bar was very crowded. They said the beginning of the week would be more quiet.Special Features:
- Great for casual business meetings and lunchVeronicaDined on 11/19/2014Service is top notch! Attentive but not overbearing. Food is delicious but overpriced. Good for lunch and dinner, really great midtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimRDined on 11/19/2014Very enjoyable - but expensive! The waiter was very professional and patient in repeating the specials of the day. From the time we entered the restaurant through the meal, we had a very good experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AsheeVIPDined on 11/17/2014Great high energy modern steakhouse , it's not traditional but good if you like a different twistI would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014This was our second time at STK Midtown. The food is delicious. We werrn't to fond of out waitress. She was terrible compared to the waiter who served the table next to ours. She seemed annoyed because we were a little indecisive about what to order. However, this will not stop us from enjoying a great steak!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excited to accomodate!LaWandDisordeRDined on 11/15/2014STK was a recommendation from a friend for our romantic weekend. I conspired with the staff upon arrival to propose to my now fiancé by giving them a fake subpoena(to marry me), which I had drawn up, to serve before dinner(she's a lawyer). The staff went above and beyond to accommodate and even bought drinks for another couple to get us a better table. Great staff. Great food. Great memories. They even recorded the proposal on the manager's iPhone!!! She said yes, by the way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never lets me downOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014food music and service is always amazing. The almond brownie desert is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good music and good foodsplashDined on 11/14/2014its a great place for a lively night out. good music and great food. great spot for a date night with your significant otherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall a Good Experience, but Not PerfectAlly4VIPDined on 11/14/2014We were seated approximately one hour after our reservation time. Although this did negatively impact our experience, the manager did provide us with complimentary drinks to compensate for the delay. The meal itself was very good. I have a food allergy and the restaurant took this seriously and made sure my food was safe for my consumption, which is very important. Portions are a bit small for the price, but this is to be expected at a restaurant like this. In addition, the complimentary birthday dessert was a nice touch. As long as we did not have another issue with a delayed reservation, we would definitely return because the service was great otherwise and the food tasted great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Great staff and food. Very accommodating. Food was Delicious but pricey. Not the easiest place to find, but worth it when you do.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome changeup on the traditional steakhousepoponjDined on 11/14/2014Awesome place! They do a fantastic job of adding a lively lounge atmosphere to the traditional steakhouse. Food was amazing!!!!!! I highly recommend this place for younger people who want to enjoy top notch food and service in an upscale lounge atmosphere with live DJ who plays great music. I will definitely return here for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very average...AidanFitzDined on 11/14/2014I had a classic filet mignon with haricot verts and broccolini. The problem was that the dish lacked any depth of flavor, and there was a slightly bitter aftertaste from the vegetables. I had a blue cheese sauce to accompany the meat and this helped to combat the overall lack of taste to the meal. I have eaten in this restaurant before with a large family group and the service and food was very good (otherwise why go back) but this time I was disappointed with the general lack of culinary finesse I would expect from such an expensive restaurant.
- EverylstSaturdayinDecVIPDined on 11/11/2014Just too noisy for a business dinner. The food was delicious and would certainly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- expectationsJayDDined on 11/8/2014As long as your expectations are in line you will have a good time. Three couples out for a fun night and we got it. High energy atmosphere and staff. Good food not great but not disappointing in any way. Pork belly app is a keeper. If you are looking for a traditional steak spot you are looking at the wrong place. Looking for high energy you found it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for an occasionBritgirlDined on 11/7/2014Went here for my friend's 30th. STK were really welcoming, the food and service were excellent and the manager gave us complementary Prosecco and shots to celebrate. Great atmosphere, great music and lots of fun. We were visiting from the UK and this was one of the highlights of our trip.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ksc3Dined on 11/7/2014Our meal & service was great, we had a group of 4. A little hard to get to the bar for a drink while we waited for one of our party members, but we had an overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/6/2014Way too loud........ I eat out every night in Manhattan this place is up there with noise....... So much so that for business dinner NoT the place to go!!Special Features:
- Not if you want to talkWbnrVIPDined on 11/5/2014Great restaurant for delicious steak. But we spent most of the night screaming to be heard over the unnecessarilly loud (live DJ) music. And with every table of diners yelling, even the music could not be enjoyed.Special Features:
- Marvellous!RozeeeeDined on 11/5/2014Everything was perfect! Highly recommend to everyone! Service personnel were extraordinary! We felt they loved what they are doing! Look forward to another visit!Special Features:
- Lenny, my waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/5/2014Our waiter was Lenny and he was fantastic. Our daughter ended up coming in late, because of a work situation, and he took care to make sure her food stayed warm and we were still able to get to our 7pm show. He was very knowledgeable about the menu, the way he described each dish, my mouth was watering. Lenny is the type of waiter that makes you feel like you are the only table he is serving, and of course he was serving several tables that night. His customer service skills are perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/3/2014Spent 7 days in NYC. Went to some spectacular restaurants and this place was THE BEST! Top notch. One of the best filets I've ever had and the Mac and cheese and truffle fries are to die for!Special Features:
- Excellent ambiance!CelineFranceVIPDined on 11/1/2014The ambiance is fantastic thanks to the DJ who plays all the best music. We had a very good dinner and danced !!!Special Features:
- Mals8705Dined on 11/1/2014Our food was amazing, the only thing slightly disappointing were the truffle fries. They're one of my favorite foods and I can honestly say they weren't that good. Everything else was fantastic and our service was out of this world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NO SALT ON THE TABLES!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/31/2014We went for an after theater dinner and I ordered a wedge with bleu cheese. I had to request pepper from a manager walking by as our server did not offer it. I then asked if the salt and pepper could be left at the table as I know I would need it for my steak. NO! IT CANNOT BE LEFT ON THE TABLE!!! Then came my dinner. I asked for the salt and pepper for my steak and mac and cheese. Then the mac and cheese was so good, I wanted more. I had to wave down the server. Finally we were able to persuade someone (who shall remain nameless) to "break the rules" (apparently made by some upper level executive with high blood pressure!) to leave the salt and pepper on our table. They were electric shakers that break easily but seriously? I'm an adult!
- Great food, no good to converseChoosyFoodieDined on 10/31/2014My fiance and I had a wonderful experience at STK. The service was phenomenal and our food delicious. We were even treated to many guests in constume, as it was Halloween. The only caveat to the whole experiene was that the music was so loud we couldn't hear one another speaking. I would highly reccommend to couples who have been together and enjoy a foodie experience, but for a first date, go somewhere with less noise.Special Features:
- Macldy60Dined on 10/30/2014Dinner was great. Donuts for dessert were worth the calories.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedMariVIPDined on 10/27/2014Steak was good. Wine was too expensive - $24 for a glass of average Bordeaux, really? Service hit or miss. There are better places.
- STK Warrior!Number1VeganAnnoyerDined on 10/25/2014Fun Place! Steak is perfect. Make sure you have a dessert. Enjoy the Beet salad.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I loved this restaurant! the drinks were great and the food was amazing !Special Features:
- AmazingLovefoodDined on 10/25/2014I came here while I was on a trip to new York and it was amazinggg!! The music was great and it had a cool atmosphere! The staff were very welcoming. Highly recommend and defiantly returning on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out with wife + kids!Soccerdad45Dined on 10/25/2014Excellent food and service. Ask for Lenny he was awesome. Funny, knowledgeable and great with kids.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.