STK - NYC - Midtown
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242455x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00PM-11:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00PM-12:00AM
Outdoor patio open weather permitting
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ: Monday- Saturday
- Special Events: Please call 646-666-4510 or email email@example.com
A word from STK - NYC - Midtown
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Midtown is located in Midtown Manhattan, just steps from the bustling Theatre District. STK Midtown includes an outdoor patio and separate bar during summer months. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
STK - NYC - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
STK - NYC - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
281 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (130)special occasion (121)vibrant bar scene (110)good for groups (98)fit for foodies (78)romantic (75)great for lunch (52)late-night find (48)great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (29)notable wine list (26)great for brunch (14)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 9/13/2014The place looked spectacular and the food was awesome...definitely worth it for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014I took my fiance for his Birthday, he loved the atmoshpere and food. I loved the food and service. The Drunkin Donuts was amazing. We are definitely visiting again.Special Features:
- ACOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great dinner. All was fine. Just one question: Why is it too cold in the summer and too hot in the winter inside the restaurant? Your energy bill must be huge and not very Eco friendly.Special Features:
- Ticks every boxopentablebritVIPDined on 9/6/2014Guaranteed great food, drinks, service and ambiance. Can't recommend this place hgihly enough.Special Features:
- Loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Celebrated my husband's birthday, the service was wonderful so were the drinks and the ambience. Great find!Special Features:
- Great food and serviceMsliliDined on 9/6/2014I was scared that the food wouldn't be so good because of other reviews. I was pleasantly surprised!! The food was excellent and so was the service!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nightclub volume, Food superiorityUptownScribeVIPDined on 9/4/2014Dining engages all the senses. In this regard, STK-NYC, by Bryant Park, wins with minimalist design evoking Frank Lloyd Wright, street views for people watching, and tables spaced adequately from each other. What doesn't work and, in fact, impedes the dining experience is the volume of music. Our reservation was for 6:30 but the ambient music was already at 11 on the dial. This was unnecessary. At that hour we're decompressing and having conversation. We want to hear what the waiter says. After a bottle of wine and finishing our meals perhaps raise the volume as we enter the hang hour. Otherwise, the service to our table was fine. Upselling was minimal and descriptions of the specials were on the money.Special Features:
- Great serviceJeffDined on 9/2/2014I have been to STK a number of times, and I always find the service exceptional. The food is very good and comparable to what is offered at the other high-end steakhouse is in the city. But the atmosphere and service make this place exceptional. Joe, the manager, made a point of coming to our table several times to make sure we were enjoying ourselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Atmosphere... Food averageFranniepbDined on 8/30/2014Great ambiance. Food started off excellent with awesome pork belly and creamy oysters. The rice crispy shrimp was awful! Soggy and the bisque on top tasted burned. The Porterhouse steak was grisly and did not taste aged. The truffle fries although tasty were not fries. The dessert was awful. The "home made peach cobbler" came out frozen. Service was excellent and they were clearly embarrassed by the frozen dessert and offered us complimentary glasses of wine. Would not go back for dinner which is disappointing since the pork belly was one of the best I ever had. Maybe drinks and appies in the lounge.Special Features:
- Great Find2foodiesDined on 8/30/2014My wife and I went to STK for my birthday on a friend's recommendation. The service was excellent and the food came out perfect. Our steaks were cooked exactly how we like it. The wine list was extensive although a bit overpriced. When the manager found out it was my birthday she sent us over 2 glasses of champagne. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- RobinRehrDined on 8/30/2014Great restaurant. Beautiful decor. Bartender was so sweet and helpful. Service and food was superb.Special Features:
- Excellent experiencegoodfoodDined on 8/29/2014I was very impressed with the decor, very good music selection, exceptional quality of food. I would rate this restaurant highly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not goodTerryDined on 8/25/2014the service was good the martini was wrong steak was over cooked they charged the wrong price for the wine--$12.00 more I feel they think you are on business or tipsy and do not check bill they get away with it--because most people do not check never go back too many good steak houses to choose fromSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Everything was good, however I was appalled to discover when I went to pay that they do not take American Express gift cards. Any establishment that takes American Express should honor their gift cards. I would be quite hesitant to return for a special occasion. This left a bad taste in my mouth and put a damper upon the evening. The manager did eventually honor the gift cards, but we shouldn't have had to deal with this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky, Cool, Sexy, Upbeat, AmazingSarahEramoDined on 8/19/2014Come for the swanky bar scene, the amazing DJ music, and of course the mouthwatering food! Service is amazing! Prices are reasonable for what you are getting (by no means cheap but comparable for NYC). The food is amazing and overall it is worth it! My fiance took me here right after proposing to me! We went with a group of 6 of our closest friends, it was perfect and is definitely my favorite place to eat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not just a great steakjehutchVIPDined on 8/18/2014STK Mid-town has been a great addition to the Mid-town, Rockefeller center steak scene. The STK burger is great for lunch when you don't want to eat too much. The raw bar is tremendous and the Watermelon salad is great for the summer. Whether for lunch or dinner there is always great people watching from local business people to tourists in the know just looking for a good steak and drink without too much noise. This is one of my top three steak joints in Manhattan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lily is the best!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/16/2014Had dinner at STK on Saturday night...our last night in NYC and celebrated my boyfriends birthday. Ambience was great...loved the decor. Great crowd...even met our neighboring table. Food was great took...quite enjoyed the crab salad and sliders. But what made our dinner was our waitress. Lily. She is quite bubbly, friendly and knowledgeable. Loved her!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday DinnerktsegDined on 8/15/2014Went to STK around 11pm after seeing Rock of Ages on Broadway. Loved the food and music. Service was awesome. Close to all the theaters had a blast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved my steak!!!!!Eek115Dined on 8/9/2014My meal was perfect! Truffle fries are awesome. Our waitress was very attentive and helpful. Restraunt was pretty and quiet where we could hear everyone at the table.Special Features:
- Excellent Food.Jason21Dined on 8/8/2014The food was amazing and the drinks were fantastic. I had the privilege to take a Gorgeous Young Woman there and I believe she really liked it, Hopefully I can take her back as my Girlfreind lol.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK MidtownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Dramatic beautiful decor, attentive staff and good food. First steakhouse that I've attended with a DJ which added a nice twist to the atmosphere.Special Features:
- STK MidtownritagDined on 8/8/2014Took my daughter her for her birthday. Great night. Steaks were cooked to perfection. The kobe beef was to die for. Our waiter Alex was attentive and on the ball. I would definitely go back. Although it loud and very $$$$$ RitaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeMeatloverDined on 8/7/2014Found the experience fun, great bar, service and food overall was great But bone in rib eye was adequate compared to competing NYC steakhousesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative32Dined on 8/6/2014If you're going to participate in Restaurant Week, make it worth the customer's while. My friend and I were excited to be lunching at this establishment. Unfortunately it fell flat of either of our expectations. STK offered, for restaurant week, an option of Burger, pulled pork sandwich or a chicken salad. Not choices we would have cared for. We opted for the Burger. It was okay. We might have just gone to Shake Shack. We've lunched and dined at other restaurants: Artsky, Calle Ocho, Fig & Olive, Tao, Capital Grill. All there menus offered a variety of delicious choices options and choices. We enjoyed our dinning experience from these other participating restaurant.
- disappointingeastsoutalotVIPDined on 8/6/2014Service was slow and the prices are high which is not a good match
- Great for a Business LunchBevBVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great service, especially from the manager who readily and pleasantly fixed a service problem - we were impressed! Skirt steak is delicious and a 6 oz portion is terrific for female diners who love steak! Booths are great for a business lunch so that you are not "cheek to jowl" with other diners discussing business issues.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!DanibearDined on 8/4/2014I visited this restaurant with a friend all the way from Glasgow, Scotland. Loved the decor, atmosphere, staff were lovely & food was amazing. Ordered fillet steak with mac & cheese & parmasan truffle fries 10/10...cocktails were spot on too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to eat with friendsSilviaDined on 8/1/2014I went with a group of friends for te NYC restaurant week and we had a great time. The food was great and the service really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable.NYCBirthday31Dined on 8/1/2014The tuna tartare was incredible. My fiancé and I could have had that to ourselves...very large and filling for an appetizer. He enjoyed the skirt steak, but the sauce around my roast chicken looked as if it had been sitting around for awhile. Delicious cocktails and very polite service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't Wait To Go Back!IluvfoodDined on 8/1/2014Went to STK for the first time during restaurant week (for lunch) after hearing raves about the place from several of my friends. The restaurant is very stylish and food was delicious. My dining companion and I both had the hamburger which was very good. We also enjoyed our appetizers (melon soup and salad). The real star of the lunch (and thank goodness I did not have to go back to work) was the white orchid cocktail. Fabulous! I am already planning a return trip just to have another one. STK offers a great combination of good food, great service, cool environment and great cocktails.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpectacularDinerMcEaterVIPDined on 8/1/2014Spectacular cheez-burgr matched by Spectacular decor - warm friendly staff, had a great time, exactly what R.W. is great at - trying 'new' places ++++++Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but excellentPatsyDined on 7/31/2014This is a hot spot where you definitely want to be seen. The service was great and the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerLane1Dined on 7/30/2014If your looking for a place for a business dinner and have clients that appreciate something different this is a good find. It is a bit pricey especially if you order a bottle or two of wine. Great music at a very responsible noise level was playing. Great ambience. Food was good not great. All in all if your looking for a casual business dinner that is a bit different this is a good call.Special Features:
- Not BadWorthcheckingoutDined on 7/30/2014The food was pretty good, but the service was somewhat slow...There wasn't a lot of customers and it was lunch time but for some reason it took way too long to receive our food. I got the classic burger which was also o.k. but nothing spectacular.Special Features:
- Sexy, Sleek and Superb!GGBShortHillsVIPDined on 7/29/2014STK maintains a wonderful formula, and continues to deliver outstanding cuisine, in beautiful surroundings. The crispy pork belly, the bone-in filet mignon, and the sides are all wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun!FoodieamyVIPDined on 7/29/2014Had a light dinner in bar room before theater. Food , service and ambiance was fantastic! Excellent choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nothing interestingCiciVIPDined on 7/28/2014I ordered duck sandwich. it's way too sour.... The service also ok... nothing made me wanna go there again
- very impressedMrEastwoodDined on 7/27/2014Came here with my wife after catching a Broadway show. It's just outside times square so traffic isn't as heavy. The service and food were top notch! A must for any romantic occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingFirsttimer2014Dined on 7/26/2014First time in NY. This place was recommended to me and was just as delicious as it was spike about. Loved the live DJ while eating delicious food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VisitingDined on 7/26/2014Possibly the best steak I have ever had! Everyone at our table loved the evening, service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.