STK - NYC - Midtown
1114 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Midtown
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242455x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00PM-11:00PM
Thursday - Saturday: 5:00PM-12:00AM
Outdoor patio open weather permitting
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: DJ: Monday- Saturday
- Special Events: Please call 646-666-4510 or email email@example.com
A word from STK - NYC - Midtown
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Midtown is located in Midtown Manhattan, just steps from the bustling Theatre District. STK Midtown includes an outdoor patio and separate bar during summer months. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
STK - NYC - Midtown - Best Restaurants in Midtown West ›
STK - NYC - Midtown reviews from OpenTable diners
280 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
hot spot (143)special occasion (130)good for groups (118)vibrant bar scene (118)fit for foodies (96)romantic (74)late-night find (54)great for lunch (46)notable wine list (36)great for outdoor dining (28)neighborhood gem (28)great for brunch (10)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- AwesomeFoodie123Dined on 10/18/2014My birthday dinner was great .. Music was rocking .. Food was great & they gave out free shotsSpecial Features:
- Fabulous!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014STK was the perfect combination of elegant steakhouse/vibrant bar/lounge scene. With a DJ spinning and the ambiance just right to set the mood it's the perfect spot for any special occasion. Not to mention the food was incredible! The perfect place to kick off your night out in the big city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stk in midtownOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I was surprised that the taste of the food did not live up to everything I heard about. The food was bland and I was disappointed. I was looking forward to good tasting food. We ordered Shrimp krispsy (no flavor) for appetizer and Ribs from the entree (it was soft but extremely dry). I would not recommend STK to others.
- Good pre theater dinnerJoseDined on 10/18/2014This was one of the best meals I have had in a restaurant located near the theater I was attending and one of the few I would go to just to dine if I weren't going to the theaterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and Tasty!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Great food (must order the Mac n cheese side), Fun atmosphere (DJ, dancing,etc), friendly staff and AMAZING specialty drinks!! Found this restaurant/bar via OpenTable after seeing a show...perfect way to end the evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for night outOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Was good...DJ was good. Played our request...great group of host and hostesses. Friendly and energetic...even those of older age group in the restaurant was having a good time and dancing to single ladies. Not great for couples...great for fun night out with a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Client LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The overall experience, from the service to the food was exceptional. Our waiter, Lenny, was amazing and well versed beyond the menu, had great recommendations and a good sense of humor. We had no intention of getting dessert, but couldn't say no to Lenny's description of all the goodies! Thanks to Lenny and staff for a great experience. It was a successful client lunch :) Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodtrinity76Dined on 10/17/2014Very good interior and service. Food was good and service was good. Desert was bit disappointed. Desert were om but not good enough for that level of restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK SteakhatetocookDined on 10/17/2014Really beautiful atmostphere - fun and lively. Food was good - service very friendly and well done. I would def. go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Muito caro, ambiente hostil!!!terezinha58Dined on 10/14/2014o restaurante e bonito, mas se parece com uma casa noturna em razão da baixa luminosidade. Tive dificuldade em entender q o serviço de bar deveria ser pago para o bartender. Constrangeu-me! Também achei opressiva a presença onipresente dos atendentes, que impede a fluidez de diálogo!!Special Features:
- STK Never DisappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Vibrant scene, excellent food, perfect place for a girls night out or a special occasion.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014Loved everything at STK Our server Lenny was AWESOME!! HE was especially knowledgeable and made fantastic recommendations. I would definitely be back because of the food and especially the service!Special Features:
- STK Midtown and one amazing nightdanceteachersDined on 10/10/2014We were visiting NYC from Portland , Maine and we are all dance teachers. We were at STK celebrating the birthday of one of our faculty members. We could not have asked for a better night! The food, service , DJ and music, and just the whole atmosphere was perfect. Excellent food (order the Delmonico steak special if they have it ~ superb) and we even managed a little dancing on our way out. We will return to STK for sure! Studio for the Living Arts Dance ComplexSpecial Features:
- Great food and drinks!MikeandMonicaDined on 10/9/2014Amazing food and drinks! Great attentive service. Nice and lively. Only drawback was the music was way too loud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LiptonDined on 10/8/2014Delicious shrimp cocktail and wine list make this hot spot and upbeat social scene a wonderful place to "be seen". Be specific with your steak preferences so the quite congenial staff can accomodate !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food. Great vibe.FiveCanadianGirlsDined on 10/4/2014Forrest, our server, was great in suggesting wine and food selections. We each REALLY enjoyed our meal. KOBE and skirt steak was oh-la-la... tasty!Music was loud but it was great music so loud is good. After our meal, we danced near the bar... never expected to do that but the staff seemed to encourage it. It was a party - all great people - nothing weird or quirky. Just ENERGY from wall to wall. KOBE and skirt steak was oh-la-la... tasty!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/4/2014A little loud and I requested a booth, and they say is at a regular table with a bunch of people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyFeedmeVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food here is amazing. One of the best steak tartare's I have ever had! A really good wine list too. If you don't like loud, noisy restaurants it is best to avoid this place! If you don't mind noise, then this is the place for you.Special Features:
- ExpensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014Food was good but expensive, nice for special occasion but not an 'everyday' meal. Wine list was shockingly expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The food was amazing and the workers are fantastic. Can't wait to go back next week with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great menu and fooddiningdivaDined on 10/2/2014Tried this place even though I was skeptical because it is a "chain" restaurant. I was pleasantly surprised at how crowded and lively it was for lunch and the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The salads and burgers were the best and the fries looked very good as well even though I didn't order them. I will definitely keep this on my list for client lunches.Special Features:
- Love itAVARGAS18Dined on 10/1/2014Espectacular decoration, excellent food, good drinks, cool music, veerryyy good service. I think I am in love with STKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't Go BackCapitanSourceVIPDined on 9/30/2014Good food but not the best streakhouse food I'd ever had. Surpirisingly limited menu. Only one fish special - swordfish. Extemely loud. Tuesday night at 7 a band was playing so loud we could hardly talk to each other. Not what we were looking for.Special Features:
- Cheryl A. McElmanHelloKDined on 9/27/2014The service was very good. Our waitress was very pleasant. We were not happy with our table in the beginning and with a little complaining, they moved us. When you are paying those kinds of prices, the tables should be a little further apart and cozier. I felt like I was in a cafeteria with the person next to me just TOO close. Appetizers and drinks came fairly quickly, however dinner entrees were a little slow to come out, but the steak was very tasty. Loved the music, DJ has some skills!Special Features:
- Delicious, high quality ingredientsOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/27/2014The menu is diverse, and each dish was beautifully crafted of high quality ingredients. Even though it is a steak restaurant, there are many amazing options ranging from duck to market fish and the freshest salads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/24/2014We are in our 40's. and went here to celebrate our 10 yr. anniversary. It was a weeknight and the place was packed, they sat us at a great little booth. The waitress was excellent and took her time explaining and going over everything. ...but also really good at sales and up selling :) It was the most expensive dinner we ever had but everything was delicious and prepared perfectly. We were so full we had no room for dessert. It was nice that they wished us a "Happy anniversary" but for 10 yrs. a very small sweet @the end would have been a nice touch. The restaurant was pretty loud and filled with mostly "business after work groups". We didn't mind but if you are looking for quiet this may not be the place for you....Special Features:
- Not the normal chef on Sunday?YummyDined on 9/21/2014I have always loved STK. I was so excited to be back in NYC to eat there again. It just wasn't the same as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVED IT!!MrsOTUDined on 9/21/2014The ambiance is very nice. The place is very big. The management and waitstaff are very friendly and top notch. Make you feel welcomed. The food was very good and the bread was delicious! They brought us 2 glasses of champagne because it was our anniversary, which was really nice! The doughnuts are to die for!!! One of the best dining experiences we have had in a while. It is very expensive, but we will be back for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Fantastic Job!!Luv2eatVIPDined on 9/20/2014We went to STK for my boyfriends birthday. Our table was not ready when we arrived so we waited in the lounge. Everyone went above and beyond the call of duty taking care of us after we had to wait a while for our table. The manager Soy did a FANTASITIC job seeing to it that we were happy and had a wonderful time. My filet was the best filet I have ever had in my life!!! Thank you to all the staff for making my boyfriends birthday such a fun evening. We will be back!!! I highly recommend STK to everyone!Special Features:
- Great food & ambienceAliceDined on 9/20/2014Had dinner here before a show & it was fabulous! Best fish I ever had- cooked perfectly! We were visiting New York with friends & were made to feel special. The service was great-I would just ask the waiters to slow down when explaining the specials. I loved the decor. It was modern but cozy. We would all recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Ambiance & DecorHiddenGemDined on 9/19/2014I was very impressed by the ambiance and the décor of this restaurant. Lovely setting for a night out with friends, special occasion or romantic dinner for two. It has the vibe of a night club versus a restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- christianVIPDined on 9/19/2014A really nice night out with very good food and service. We had eaten at the STK in Las Vegas and overall I thought this location was of higher quality on all aspects. Music (which other reviewers have noted to be bothersome) was not as loud as I remember from Vegas and we liked the 80's tunes they spun during our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Hot scene, expensiveOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014The food is outstanding. The décor is modern and very up beat. The bar is a scene and the experience is great. Be careful of what you order...The prices are off the charts high!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VibeBenzVIPDined on 9/16/2014Dined here with my best friend recently. I've dined at STK in Atlanta and Miami several times. Always good food, good service and a good vibe. STK Midtown did not disappoint! Had the lil burgers with champagne. It worked! One of my favorite restaurants!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Its better to look good ...DDDDVIPDined on 9/15/2014STK is probably a bit too cool for itself. The space is ultra-trendy, and there is a live DJ playing hip beats. The bar scene is for the pretty people who work in midtown, and the cocktail / wine list is what you'd expect from a high-end place. Where it counted, though, STK didn't hold up. We were not waited on ... even for ice water ... for probably five to seven minutes, and the time lapse between drink orders and drinks was probably about another 7 to 10. Medium rare steak was tasty, but lacked any charring. Sides were fine. It was tough to talk over the noise ... we probably should have sat outside at what looked like a much more low-key, less hip setting, but I'm guessing, a more comfortable meal.Special Features:
- Good Meal, Nice AmbianceemurreVIPDined on 9/13/2014Service was a little hectic but staff were friendly and it was a busy night. Highly recommend any steak on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceFoodieDined on 9/13/2014The place looked spectacular and the food was awesome...definitely worth it for special occasionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/12/2014I took my fiance for his Birthday, he loved the atmoshpere and food. I loved the food and service. The Drunkin Donuts was amazing. We are definitely visiting again.Special Features:
- ACOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Great dinner. All was fine. Just one question: Why is it too cold in the summer and too hot in the winter inside the restaurant? Your energy bill must be huge and not very Eco friendly.Special Features:
- Ticks every boxopentablebritVIPDined on 9/6/2014Guaranteed great food, drinks, service and ambiance. Can't recommend this place hgihly enough.Special Features: