STK - NYC - Meatpacking
26 Little West 12th St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 6:00pm-12:00am
Friday - Saturday 6:00pm-12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly DJ
- Special Events: Contact: 646.666.4510 or email email@example.com
A word from STK - NYC - Meatpacking
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while smoky mirrors allow patrons to catch a glimpse of the surroundings as a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Meatpacking is located in the heart of NYC's Meatpacking District and is the brand’s flagship location. Executive Chef Anthony Fusco mans the kitchen of the four floor venue. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
STK - NYC - Meatpacking - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
STK - NYC - Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
173 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (111)vibrant bar scene (88)good for groups (83)special occasion (79)romantic (63)fit for foodies (57)late-night find (48)neighborhood gem (37)notable wine list (32)scenic view (18)great for outdoor dining (15)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Best steake ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went here during our stay in NY. He called it "the best steak I have ever had". I think that says it all :)Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceSexydiningDined on 9/16/2014The food was to die for!!! Uggghh. Wait staff was nice and welcoming, the vibe was sexy and the music was perfect. I felt like it was my birthday and I was just on a date. I absolutely love STK. This establishment has yet to let me down,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solid,great steak, fun sceneZachVIPDined on 9/16/2014Took Clients from Europe - wanted to give them a NY scene experience. Was perfect fitSpecial Features:
- Loved itFoodieFashionistaTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I loved this restaurant !! Check out my blog for my full review! http://wp.me/p4DZ17-b8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LiamDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great music! Staff were very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014We waited 45 minutes to be seated while we watched people without reservations be seated ahead of us.
- Better Service By The DozenYummyInMyTummyDined on 9/4/2014This spot is very nice and great food. My only issue was that it was very tight seating for tables for 2. It was not privatized at all.. hard not to join the next table conversation because it's so close. Also it was extremely pricey.. Like 18 dollars for two shrimp -__-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTeixeiraDined on 9/3/2014Although the music was very, very good, the noise level was too high, impossible to have a conversation during dinner. Next time I'll make my reservayion to the roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLAHBLAHDined on 9/2/2014We have been to many high end steak houses being that we are foodies. We had a gilt coupon and never had a problem with any other restaurant. We were treated "different"from the moment we said we had the gilt ( which was not cheap ). Gave up a hidden table in the back pulled the menus out of our hands and threw other ones on the table. When we bought the coupons it said open menu. This was a lie and again only with this place. Apps were ok , Steak i could do just as good at home and sides were nothing special. Worst part was the service and how they treated us. Threw 3 mini comes on the table for dessert not even telling us what they were. I can't eat nuts and the waiter did not even tell us that nuts were in one of the ice creams.Special Features:
- Never a let down !CSavvaDined on 8/31/2014stk always provides the best and most outstanding experience. From food to drinks to the service... I never leave disappointed. Well worth it all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pretty good steakKMarshDined on 8/31/2014Just ok. We had been to Quality Meats two weeks prior so my perception of STK might be skewed. We had an ok dinner but it wasn't really anything special. Cocktails were ok. Sweet corn side and truffled potatoes were good. Dessert was nothing special.Special Features:
- Hip and TrendyMDFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Took my hubby here for his birthday and the ambiance was fantastic. Ordered the lobster Mac and cheese which was presented as a special and was charged $36 for it when regular Mac and cheese was $12. Thought that was ridiculous but overall the service and food were great. The rooftop bar was super sexy and you can't beat the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK - once and never againMstephwDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was delightful and the wine was delicious. Paid the bill and were encouraged to go to the rooftop for a drink, which we did. The bar staff asked for our ID and refused to serve us because we had Australian drivers licenses' not passports. I'm sorry where is this vitale information available? And after dropping $300 on dinner when we asked why we were served downstairs and not upstairs her reply was, had someone checked your ID you would not have dined here. Well Thankyou very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night for surefuntimeDined on 8/30/2014Great night out with friends, good food and service. Fabulous music after 9.30..will good again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite girls night out!!!KellyDined on 8/28/2014Food, drinks, service n music always superb!!! It's definitely worth the high prices you'll pay for an excellent meal and night out in NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it but...luv1022Dined on 8/27/2014I love STK, my husband and I have been dinning here since we met. We are steak lovers, and they make an unbelievable steak and their sides are awesome. However its turned from a restaurant to a club with food. We could hardly hear each other. Maybe it was the wrong time to go, we had a 9:30 res on a Thursday night. It was packed, loud and just plain old party town. I feel like its lost a notch of class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scene-y with decent foodAJiLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Came here for a 9:15pm reservation with gilt City voucher for dinner- it was pretty crowded and loud, typical Meatpacking scene. Didn't get seated till 9:50pm which was really annoying as the table had been open for a while before I had to ask again whether we could get seated. Food was decent- porterhouse was good, as was the tuna tartar and broccolini/mac and cheese. If you're planning on clubbing or hitting the rooftop afterwards, STK is a good bet.Special Features:
- Worst service ever in NYC.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/27/2014The service was horrible. We were there for almost 2.5 hours, which should have been a really nice hour dinner experience. Our waiter had several other tables to attend, which were all over the restaurant. He forgot about us several times and we had to constantly flag him down to remind him. The place is loud and you will have to scream to be heard. The food is OK. Nothing less and nothing more. I will never return to this restaurant. Seriously, the worst service I've ever experienced in NYC. We were stunned by it actually.
- Awesome foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014We recently traveled from Australia to the USA for a 3 week holiday and this was the best restaurant we ate at. The food was outstanding, especially the steaks and us Aussies like a good steak. Our daughter gave us a voucher for the restaurant for our wedding anniversary. It was a fitting celebration and we had a wonderful night. Even Dianna Ross was eating there. Would highly recommend.Special Features:
- mehbooke800Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I were not very impressed with STK after being seated 45 minutes after our 9pm reservation on a Sunday night. There was no sense of urgency for the hostess to inform us about what was going on with our table and our server seemed rushed to get us in and out of there. I normally wouldn't complain but given the expensive menu items, the service definitely could have been better.
- Great steak AND great environment?!AwesomeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had the porterhouse with choice of sauce, and have to say, didn't need any sauce, which is the way I like my steak. Perfectly medium, soft and flavorful. Service was wonderful. Tuna tartare and sides were great. Cocktails were small and not always a full pour for $16 small martini glasses, which was very annoying. Plus had a terrible dirty martini which was a waste of $16. But overall, surprisingly happy with the experience. I'm a big Peter Luger's fan despite trying most of the steakhouses in NYC and was pleasantly surprised STK wasn't just a Meatpacking 'scene'.Special Features:
- DisappointingtotallyimpressedDined on 8/17/2014I chose this restaurant as part of my niece's 21st birthday celebration and first trip to New York. She loves to dance and based on the way this establishment was promoted, it was billed as a high-energy club scene while enjoying a fine dining experience. What a disappointment. We made our reservation at 8:15pm on a Sunday evening because of the 9pm time when the action was to "kick-up" and no one under 21 would be allowed in the restaurant. This did not happen. It was simply a low-key Ok dinner. I will never recommend this place to anyone.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I celebrate my wife's birthday with my daughter. Nice ambience, Excelent service. Great foodSpecial Features:
- Wow! What a surpriseDianebDined on 8/15/2014The place is hip, and as 50somethings, we were the oldies, but that didn't deter us. restaurant is vibrant, decor is urban chic, yet very cozy-the leather banquets. Our booth looked into the wait service area outside the kitchen, which wasn't the most pleasing spot, and the music and noise level is up there, so intimate conversation was difficult. Our waiter could have been more attentive . All four had steaks which were cooked to perfection, the sauces were delicious.sides large-plenty to share. -asparagus,cream spinach, Mac and cheese & fries. Matre d dropped off creamed corn as a treat and it was the BESt we've ever had. Desserts-amazing. Coconut cake and almond brownie with ice cream. Plenty for four. Will most certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Went here for the 1st time with my company for dinner. i must say its very trendy resturant and the food is very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited one hour for our tableCouldhavebeenbetterDined on 8/12/2014The wait was not worth it, the management does not to make up for the lousy service.Special Features:
- Vibrant and loudLatedinerDined on 8/9/2014Active restaurant, we were seated promptly for our reservation. The noise level was very high and the seating was too close to the table next to you. The prices were very high. I ordered the bone in rib eye, and it was great. My husband ordered the beef loin and it was very fatty.. Not a good choice. The creamed spinach must have went through a blender, it was soo thin that you could drink it. The twice baked potatoes look good but did not taste good( way undercooked). Overpriced drinks( even for Nyc), even the desserts were expensive. Good restaurant for the area but definitely not impressed and I will not return. There are soo many better steak restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodssilvaDined on 8/8/2014porterhouse with truffle butter a must! mac& cheese & brussel sprouts delish!!Special Features:
- GreatKirabooDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful place. Wonderful decor beautiful ambiance.great food. Steak was perfect with excellent pairings that were equally delicious. staff was excellent as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BberzDined on 8/7/2014Went on a friends recommendation. Ended up being seated over an hour after our reservation time, only to get poor service. Food was good, but less impressive than I expected
- Don't bring a date here...ImNoFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Don't go if you want to talk. The food and service were both great. I had the filet w/au poivre sauce, and she had the market fish (halibut). I've had better steak, but it was no cheap cut. I was just a bit put off that we had to eat at a wobbly table. I mean, I'm shelling out $215 for two people and they can't come and fix my table? We had our own table but you couldn't get a napkin between ours and the table next to us. If you want to eat and chat, you'll have to talk over the music, and possibly over the people seated next to you. Go with a big group and grab a booth. You'll be better off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nightime Hang Out & Drunkin DonutsJuanitaDined on 8/2/2014I made a reservation for apps and drinks only to arrive and find out not the case. However, the hostess upstairs made it work. We were initially seated in the "lounge" area which was dark surrounded by trees and seemed like the couples rendezvous spot. Not cool to be around couples making out. She realized it and moved us 5 min later to the tables section, but I had to walk around to find a waitress. I have been searching all over Manhattan for these drunkin donuts and they had them! They came out hot with great sauces. Downfall is the inside oozes out. Thank goodness I had the napkin on my lap or it would have ruined my outfit. Its more of a club on the weekends, but the rooftop offers a loungeable retreat for the 30+ crowd.Special Features:
- Girls NiteGirls1stnite8Dined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed the strawberry cobbler drinks. The food was excellent. I had the rotisserie chicken,well seasoned. I am looking forward to return. The server assisted with our pictures. Friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service to improveFerFromSpainDined on 8/1/2014Great food, wine and cocktails list. Encourage staff to do efforts in improving service, I feel upset when feel obliged to 20% tip and they don't deserve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experienceFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great find. Incredible food and a hot scene. Place was recommended by our hotel and they were right on the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was great.HFMUDDDined on 7/29/2014Best steak I have had in a long time. All items were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal!TravelerfindsDined on 7/28/2014STK meatpacking district is a great place to go for amazing food and a wonderful overall experience. Sit in the lower fireside lounge or if the weathers nice head upstairs and outside to thier rooftop lounge/bar area. There isn't a bad choice to be made at STK. I would definitely recommend STK for a special night out or if you just have to have a great meal and top notch serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, a bit loud.FatspirationnycDined on 7/28/2014Great place to go. Cool table settings, a bit loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningnewyorknewbieDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful appetizers, fabulous wine, perfect steak and a friendly, classy server!! The company was on point too!! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Gran restaurante en NYCRodrigo2023Dined on 7/25/2014Fui por recomendación de familiares y no me arrepiento ya que fue una experiencia gratificante. El servicio es excelente y la comida es aun mejor, las porciones son adecuadas (ni muy pequeñas ni muy grandes) y un punto importante es que el termino de la carne que ordenamos fue exacto como lo solicitamos. El precio es semejante a cualquier restaurante de calidad en los EUA (LA, Vegas, NYC) por persona aprox. unos 110 dlls. incluido alguna copa de vino. El ambiente es de 30 a 45 años, básicamente locales o turistas americanos. Una vez que terminamos de cenar subimos a la terraza la cual tiene un ambiente muy agradable y uno puede tomarse una par de copas muy a gusto. Recomiendo ampliamente a STK.Special Features: