STK - NYC - Meatpacking
26 Little West 12th St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: (646) 624-2444
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 6:00pm-12:00am
Friday - Saturday 6:00pm-12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly DJ
- Special Events: Contact: 646.666.4510 or email email@example.com
A word from STK - NYC - Meatpacking
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while smoky mirrors allow patrons to catch a glimpse of the surroundings as a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Meatpacking is located in the heart of NYC's Meatpacking District and is the brand’s flagship location. Executive Chef Anthony Fusco mans the kitchen of the four floor venue. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
STK - NYC - Meatpacking - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
STK - NYC - Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
196 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (126)vibrant bar scene (95)good for groups (92)special occasion (88)fit for foodies (72)romantic (60)late-night find (49)neighborhood gem (36)notable wine list (34)scenic view (16)great for outdoor dining (13)great for brunch (9)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Best steak ever!Madam8Dined on 11/16/2014The restaurant was really pretty. The steak was amazing. I think it was the best one i ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok restaurant but needs management reviewGlobalDinerVIPDined on 11/12/2014The room is beautiful and the table service is very good. However, I feel several things need review by management. There was only one bartender at the bar from 6 to 8 pm. There was a large crowd and you couldn't get a drink. Notes: First the cocktails, there are 2 or 3 items on their cocktail list that make no sense with a graham cracker dipped rim. This crumbles all over the table and you. What an awful mess. Second the steak, for a restaurant at this price level there was an excessive amount of gristle in the porterhouse steak. Therefore, though the experience was courteous, the food and beverage needs improvement.Special Features:
- Great vibe dining restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/10/2014Food was awesome. Service was amazing. There is a DJ, so if your looking for a quiet dinner this not for you. Music was loud but enjoyable. Added to birthday dinner which should be fun and exciting. Luis was a fantastic server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find but way too noisyGreat4DiningBad4TalkingDined on 11/6/2014Fantastic food, very attentive service and generally good vibe to the place. However, the noise level during dinner was deafening. It was IMPOSSIBLE to have a conversation without shouting which made it a somewhat solitary meal in the end considering we were 4 people. It was a business dinner so I won't be choosing this restaurant for future ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodVegaDined on 11/2/2014Overall it was very good, the food was all very good not amazing but nothing to complain about at all. It's definitely overpriced but so is just about everything in that neighborhood now. Cool elegant and trendy would describe the atmosphere and the service was also very good. If you're going purely for a great steak there are better to be found in the city, but if you're going for that meatpacking trendy crowd and dining experience it's a good bet.Special Features:
- Amazing nightKatarzyna79VIPDined on 11/1/2014My fiancé and I love this spot.. And we got engaged here! Food is good, service is excellent.. For our engagement, the service was top notch and I am picky!Special Features:
- Loved the food!!!!Hershey1234Dined on 10/30/2014I always love coming Here! The scene and ambience is wonderful! you can never go wrong with their strawberry cobbler martini. I've always enjoyed their skirt steak, but make sure you order a side of Mac n cheese, it's to die for! It's soooo creamy and good :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service couldve been better.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014Went here for my sisters birthday. Stk is her favorite. Maybe were spoiled coming from a city that thrives on tourism and service, but the Server couldve been much better. All of our party arrived on time for our reservation yet we had to stand around and wait for 20 minutes to be seated & the place wasnt even filled. hmm. Secondly, I notified the restaurant before hand by writing, phone, and then on arrival that were celebrating a birthday & advised them I wanted to pre order desserts w/candle. Server totally ignored my request brought out the dessert menu.... in front of the birthday girl ruining the "surprise" element, THEN she went on to only bring out 1 of the desserts I requested. She seemed a bit flustered..All in all, it was just okSpecial Features:
- Great spot for my girls night!BuymecupcakesVIPDined on 10/30/2014I booked a table for 5 to celebrate my engagement with my girlfriends. They made sure the drinks were flowing and we were having a good time. The skirt steak was cooked perfectly and very well seasoned. The sides are my favorite: creamed corn and spinach and mashed potatoes. So good! The mini ice cream cones were so cute and so yummy. Gina was our server and did a great job. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but unacceptable delayBigbearDined on 10/29/2014This was my second time here and thought great place to spend my birthday. When we arrived, with a booking, we were told we would be seated in a few minutes, then we were told 10 mins. Eventually, despite lots of chasing, we were seated after 1 1/4 hours. Food and service great after we were served, but guys, tell the truth about wait times and honour bookings.Special Features:
- The food was outstanding.NeilDined on 10/26/2014We had a really great time here. The atmosphere was good the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 10 out of 10!newjerseykbDined on 10/26/2014Gorgeous ambiance. From the hostess, to the bartender to our server everyone was kind, professional and attentive. Would recommend this highly for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buzzy, fun, hip venue. Great fun!OrlyborlyDined on 10/25/2014Loved it! Came for 40th birthday with the girls and danced all night! The DJ was excellent playing funky old school music. An Ecclectic mix. Great table and food was divine. Such a fun night. Recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had tuna tartare, the grilled octopus, fois gras and Rice Krispie shrimp to start. Everything was delicious. Two of us had the Niman Ranch steak special. It was cooked perfectly to order and was very flavorful. Everyone else's steak was also cooked to order. We had the brussel sprouts, the asparagus and truffle Parmesan fries. They were all good, but I would have preferred larger portions since we were a party of 6 and I don't think there was enough to go around. But it was all good because it left more room for dessert which was spectacular! We had the pumpkin glaze donuts, chocolate brownie and ice creM cone sampler. Yum! Our server was wonderful. Warm and friendly. Wish I remembered his nameSpecial Features:
- Always fun!TheKittyDined on 10/18/2014Great inventive drink menu. Many options for celiacs, corn puddings and shrimp Rice Krispies both gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible SteakhargesweetDined on 10/16/2014First - the steak was incredible. Melt in your mouth and barely a knife needed, I understand why they serve it alone on the plate! The appetizers and sides were good, although I can't recall anything else I ate after the amazing filet. With that being said, the restaurant is expensive and very loud. A colleague and I went on a Wednesday evening, thinking the price tag would make for a more quiet evening, and that was definitley not the case. The bar is positioned in the middle of the restaurant, giving the restaurant a muted roar in every corner. I would not recommend this for a romantic evening; more of a girls-night-out atmosphere.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is very nice, but the music was too loud, the food doesn't compare to other NY stakehouses (e.g. BLT) and the service was poor: it took us over 30 mins after our food has arrived to receive the bottle of wine that we had selected
- NiceTheone1Dined on 10/12/2014This is a great place to take a lady out. That is what I did. I took my wife out for dinner and the good was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everSeemanDined on 10/11/2014By far my favorite restaurant in the entire country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't hear you!VinoVeritasVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food, service, wine list, ambiance all outstanding but unless management turns the volume down on the sound system, we'd never go back. For anyone over 20, dining here is like having your head pounded by a baseball bat for two hours. Even our waitress, who apologized nothing could be done about the raucous music, was hoarse from having to shour over it!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Food was priced high. Steak was small. Why are sides extra?Special Features:
- Too loud...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Went there for a business dinner, way too loud, but the food is great, service was great.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceJustSayNoDined on 10/6/2014Snobby hostess, waiter lied to us and said we couldn't take the tip from our gift card balance. Very expensive. Shrimp smelled fishy. Steak was very fatty and veiny and $105 for two to share. Booths for two uncomfortable and small. Nothing was good or worth the cost.
- Wished the food was betterRonXGDined on 10/3/2014My fiancée and I were underwhelmed by our dinner this past Friday. We ordered the porter house, which we had done once before when we came as a group. Unfortunately, the cut was extremely fatty and several pieces were uneatable. When you're paying that much for quality meat, you don't expect it to be that chewy. The twice baked potato was excellent, however the brussel sprouts were not. They tasted like something you would buy at the local Chinese restaurant. We also got the grilled octopus which was light and fresh. The food also took a little longer than we would have liked, but we did get there late and the staff still was able to accommodate us. We loved that the Strawberry Cobbler proceeds went to breast cancer awareness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014I went to STK oct 2, 14 for my 5th year anniversary. It was our 1st time there. Stk is classy,elegant and overall perfect. The waiter was amazing and the food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much to Like in Spite of FoodMrCPWVIPDined on 10/2/2014STK is such a special and unique restaurant that even criticizing the food would not keep me from going back. Everything about the design and layout of the place is first class. The food in inconsistant in quality and appeal. There is only one way for a true steakhouse to serve a wedge salad. A large, firm chuck of iceberg lettuce and beefsteak tomatoes covered in a generous covering of bluecheese dressing and chunks. A loose lettuce half, with a drizzle of blue cheese, and very few tiny chunks of bluecheese, coupled with sliced cherry tomatoes was a disappointment. The tuna entree was not very generous in size, but tasty. Twice baked potatoes were outstanding. The filet my guest had was also very good. STK is not about the food.Special Features:
- A great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Everything about the experience was wonderful. This is a great corporate lunch / dinner spot!Special Features:
- Great foodnycfoodieDined on 10/1/2014The food here is amazing. I had the sirloin with truffle butter topping and it was one of the best steaks I've had. Truly memorable. My one complaint was that they had a DJ playing music that was better suited for later in the night when the club atmosphere kicked in. We ate at 6:30 and after a long day of work, i just wanted a fine scotch and a good steak and to talk with my friend. Overall, delicious food.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had!spederDined on 9/29/2014A very cool place, with good drinks and amazing steaks. A little pricy, but its worth it!Special Features:
- A night out !Harlem2HollywoodDined on 9/29/2014I'd like to say it was a pleasant evening, service and food was great the seafood portions were small but delicious would definitely recommend stk to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!HolmDined on 9/27/2014A fantastic meal, great service, great atmosphere. Will definitely come back next time in town!Special Features:
- Worth every penny!KtmoranDined on 9/26/2014We were hesitant about going to STK because of it being so "trendy" because a lot of the newer trendy places have rude hostesses & snotty servers... Not the case at STK at all!! We were Impressed right away with the service! Price wise we hoped the food would live up to our standards & it definitely did! We eloped in the city & then chose stk for our romantic dinner, we were so surprised that stk actually read our open table comment about eloping & had sent us free champagne to congratulate us!! We have added notes to almost all of our romantic dinners through open table & have never even had our open table note request read. Above & beyond Our expectations!Keep up the sweet gestures! They are what makes you stand out from the rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too much of a sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014It is clear that on a Friday night, this is a place to see and be seen, but if you're looking to actually hear the people you're with, good luck. Before 8pm, this "restaurant" turned into a nightclub with pounding music and loud bar-goers.
- The food was amazingFendiVIPDined on 9/25/2014Everything was good. I'm definitely coming back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, Terrible Customer ServicelinsyVIPDined on 9/23/2014We chose this place to celebrate a coworker's birthday, but were completely disappointed with service. We were the first table to check in, yet they wanted to sit us in the back at some table facing the wall? Hostess had to ask manager 2x in order to let us sit at a better table facing bar and street. Only to see another group that arrived minutes later be seated right next to us without hesitation. Afterwards, we ordered 2 Delmonico's steaks, which our waiter quickly went to the kitchen to set aside for us because they were the last 2 steaks left. 20 minutes later, waiter told us our steaks have been sold to someone else. We asked to speak to manager, he was extremely rude, and did nothing to mend the situation. Never again!
- Best steake ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went here during our stay in NY. He called it "the best steak I have ever had". I think that says it all :)Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceSexydiningDined on 9/16/2014The food was to die for!!! Uggghh. Wait staff was nice and welcoming, the vibe was sexy and the music was perfect. I felt like it was my birthday and I was just on a date. I absolutely love STK. This establishment has yet to let me down,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solid,great steak, fun sceneZachVIPDined on 9/16/2014Took Clients from Europe - wanted to give them a NY scene experience. Was perfect fitSpecial Features:
- Loved itFoodieFashionistaTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I loved this restaurant !! Check out my blog for my full review! http://wp.me/p4DZ17-b8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LiamDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great music! Staff were very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features: