STK - NYC - Meatpacking
26 Little West 12th St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 6:00pm-12:00am
Friday - Saturday 6:00pm-12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly DJ
- Special Events: Contact: 646.666.4510 or email email@example.com
A word from STK - NYC - Meatpacking
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while smoky mirrors allow patrons to catch a glimpse of the surroundings as a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Meatpacking is located in the heart of NYC's Meatpacking District and is the brand’s flagship location. Executive Chef Anthony Fusco mans the kitchen of the four floor venue. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
STK - NYC - Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (102)vibrant bar scene (87)special occasion (75)good for groups (73)romantic (58)fit for foodies (51)late-night find (44)neighborhood gem (30)notable wine list (30)scenic view (12)great for outdoor dining (11)great for brunch (9)Show More
- STK - once and never againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was delightful and the wine was delicious. Paid the bill and were encouraged to go to the rooftop for a drink, which we did. The bar staff asked for our ID and refused to serve us because we had Australian drivers licenses' not passports. I'm sorry where is this vitale information available? And after dropping $300 on dinner when we asked why we were served downstairs and not upstairs her reply was, had someone checked your ID you would not have dined here. Well Thankyou very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite girls night out!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2014Food, drinks, service n music always superb!!! It's definitely worth the high prices you'll pay for an excellent meal and night out in NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it but...luv1022Dined on 8/27/2014I love STK, my husband and I have been dinning here since we met. We are steak lovers, and they make an unbelievable steak and their sides are awesome. However its turned from a restaurant to a club with food. We could hardly hear each other. Maybe it was the wrong time to go, we had a 9:30 res on a Thursday night. It was packed, loud and just plain old party town. I feel like its lost a notch of class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scene-y with decent foodAJiLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Came here for a 9:15pm reservation with gilt City voucher for dinner- it was pretty crowded and loud, typical Meatpacking scene. Didn't get seated till 9:50pm which was really annoying as the table had been open for a while before I had to ask again whether we could get seated. Food was decent- porterhouse was good, as was the tuna tartar and broccolini/mac and cheese. If you're planning on clubbing or hitting the rooftop afterwards, STK is a good bet.Special Features:
- mehbooke800Dined on 8/24/2014My husband and I were not very impressed with STK after being seated 45 minutes after our 9pm reservation on a Sunday night. There was no sense of urgency for the hostess to inform us about what was going on with our table and our server seemed rushed to get us in and out of there. I normally wouldn't complain but given the expensive menu items, the service definitely could have been better.
- Great steak AND great environment?!AwesomeVIPDined on 8/20/2014Had the porterhouse with choice of sauce, and have to say, didn't need any sauce, which is the way I like my steak. Perfectly medium, soft and flavorful. Service was wonderful. Tuna tartare and sides were great. Cocktails were small and not always a full pour for $16 small martini glasses, which was very annoying. Plus had a terrible dirty martini which was a waste of $16. But overall, surprisingly happy with the experience. I'm a big Peter Luger's fan despite trying most of the steakhouses in NYC and was pleasantly surprised STK wasn't just a Meatpacking 'scene'.Special Features:
- DisappointingtotallyimpressedDined on 8/17/2014I chose this restaurant as part of my niece's 21st birthday celebration and first trip to New York. She loves to dance and based on the way this establishment was promoted, it was billed as a high-energy club scene while enjoying a fine dining experience. What a disappointment. We made our reservation at 8:15pm on a Sunday evening because of the 9pm time when the action was to "kick-up" and no one under 21 would be allowed in the restaurant. This did not happen. It was simply a low-key Ok dinner. I will never recommend this place to anyone.
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014I celebrate my wife's birthday with my daughter. Nice ambience, Excelent service. Great foodSpecial Features:
- Wow! What a surpriseDianebDined on 8/15/2014The place is hip, and as 50somethings, we were the oldies, but that didn't deter us. restaurant is vibrant, decor is urban chic, yet very cozy-the leather banquets. Our booth looked into the wait service area outside the kitchen, which wasn't the most pleasing spot, and the music and noise level is up there, so intimate conversation was difficult. Our waiter could have been more attentive . All four had steaks which were cooked to perfection, the sauces were delicious.sides large-plenty to share. -asparagus,cream spinach, Mac and cheese & fries. Matre d dropped off creamed corn as a treat and it was the BESt we've ever had. Desserts-amazing. Coconut cake and almond brownie with ice cream. Plenty for four. Will most certainly return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014Went here for the 1st time with my company for dinner. i must say its very trendy resturant and the food is very delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Waited one hour for our tableCouldhavebeenbetterDined on 8/12/2014The wait was not worth it, the management does not to make up for the lousy service.Special Features:
- Vibrant and loudLatedinerDined on 8/9/2014Active restaurant, we were seated promptly for our reservation. The noise level was very high and the seating was too close to the table next to you. The prices were very high. I ordered the bone in rib eye, and it was great. My husband ordered the beef loin and it was very fatty.. Not a good choice. The creamed spinach must have went through a blender, it was soo thin that you could drink it. The twice baked potatoes look good but did not taste good( way undercooked). Overpriced drinks( even for Nyc), even the desserts were expensive. Good restaurant for the area but definitely not impressed and I will not return. There are soo many better steak restaurants in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodssilvaDined on 8/8/2014porterhouse with truffle butter a must! mac& cheese & brussel sprouts delish!!Special Features:
- GreatKirabooDined on 8/8/2014Beautiful place. Wonderful decor beautiful ambiance.great food. Steak was perfect with excellent pairings that were equally delicious. staff was excellent as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BberzDined on 8/7/2014Went on a friends recommendation. Ended up being seated over an hour after our reservation time, only to get poor service. Food was good, but less impressive than I expected
- Don't bring a date here...ImNoFoodieDined on 8/6/2014Don't go if you want to talk. The food and service were both great. I had the filet w/au poivre sauce, and she had the market fish (halibut). I've had better steak, but it was no cheap cut. I was just a bit put off that we had to eat at a wobbly table. I mean, I'm shelling out $215 for two people and they can't come and fix my table? We had our own table but you couldn't get a napkin between ours and the table next to us. If you want to eat and chat, you'll have to talk over the music, and possibly over the people seated next to you. Go with a big group and grab a booth. You'll be better off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nightime Hang Out & Drunkin DonutsJuanitaDined on 8/2/2014I made a reservation for apps and drinks only to arrive and find out not the case. However, the hostess upstairs made it work. We were initially seated in the "lounge" area which was dark surrounded by trees and seemed like the couples rendezvous spot. Not cool to be around couples making out. She realized it and moved us 5 min later to the tables section, but I had to walk around to find a waitress. I have been searching all over Manhattan for these drunkin donuts and they had them! They came out hot with great sauces. Downfall is the inside oozes out. Thank goodness I had the napkin on my lap or it would have ruined my outfit. Its more of a club on the weekends, but the rooftop offers a loungeable retreat for the 30+ crowd.Special Features:
- Girls NiteGirls1stnite8Dined on 8/1/2014I enjoyed the strawberry cobbler drinks. The food was excellent. I had the rotisserie chicken,well seasoned. I am looking forward to return. The server assisted with our pictures. Friendly environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service to improveFerFromSpainDined on 8/1/2014Great food, wine and cocktails list. Encourage staff to do efforts in improving service, I feel upset when feel obliged to 20% tip and they don't deserve it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantastic experienceFitforfoodiesVIPDined on 7/31/2014Great find. Incredible food and a hot scene. Place was recommended by our hotel and they were right on the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was great.HFMUDDDined on 7/29/2014Best steak I have had in a long time. All items were superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a meal!TravelerfindsDined on 7/28/2014STK meatpacking district is a great place to go for amazing food and a wonderful overall experience. Sit in the lower fireside lounge or if the weathers nice head upstairs and outside to thier rooftop lounge/bar area. There isn't a bad choice to be made at STK. I would definitely recommend STK for a special night out or if you just have to have a great meal and top notch serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good, a bit loud.FatspirationnycDined on 7/28/2014Great place to go. Cool table settings, a bit loud though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningnewyorknewbieDined on 7/26/2014Wonderful appetizers, fabulous wine, perfect steak and a friendly, classy server!! The company was on point too!! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:
- Gran restaurante en NYCRodrigo2023Dined on 7/25/2014Fui por recomendación de familiares y no me arrepiento ya que fue una experiencia gratificante. El servicio es excelente y la comida es aun mejor, las porciones son adecuadas (ni muy pequeñas ni muy grandes) y un punto importante es que el termino de la carne que ordenamos fue exacto como lo solicitamos. El precio es semejante a cualquier restaurante de calidad en los EUA (LA, Vegas, NYC) por persona aprox. unos 110 dlls. incluido alguna copa de vino. El ambiente es de 30 a 45 años, básicamente locales o turistas americanos. Una vez que terminamos de cenar subimos a la terraza la cual tiene un ambiente muy agradable y uno puede tomarse una par de copas muy a gusto. Recomiendo ampliamente a STK.Special Features:
- H from NJOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/24/2014Very good food in very noisy setting. We came as a group and it was not possible to talk.Special Features:
- Just Fabulous!NadzDined on 7/20/2014Rooftop brunch was hip, chic and classy. Dinner--the food, service and ambiance were impeccable. Far exceeds other favorites such as Mr. Chows and Prime in MiamiSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!MBBingerDined on 7/17/2014I chose STK to take my girlfriend to celebrate her birthday. The prices are what you would expect at a typical restaurant in the Meat Packing District. However, the food was some of the best in NYC. The steak melted in your mouth and the Parmesan Fries along with the Mac N Cheese was to die for. All in all I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- better than I expectedImintheindustryDined on 7/17/2014Recently moved into the neighborhood and figured I'd try the place, given that I walk by it daily..Didnt have great expectations, as I figured it was just another wildly overpriced Meat Packing hot-spot with sub-par food....However, I'll admit I was very wrong. The food was excellent. Table for 2 (me and my girlfriend) - started with the Tuna tartar and the Beef tartar...the tuna tartar was excellent, the beef tartar was Good, but the tuna won out. I then had the bone-in rib steak, which to my surprise was absolutely delicious, well marbled and flavorful, on par with another steak I had in the city. My girl had the market fish selection, which she loved...I thought it appeared small. Sides - Corn Pudding - excellent / Mashed potatos - goodSpecial Features:
- AwesomeShakDined on 7/14/2014The meat was awesome!!! I was here for a buisiness trip and im not desappointed by this steak house!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing dinner with a viewJeffDined on 7/11/2014Had an amazing dinner with a great sunset view of the Highline and Hudson River. Food was absolutely outstanding and the server was adorable and very knowledgeable about the menu and drink list. Service was outstanding and it was the perfect place to take a very special person for their birthday dinner.Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere excellentOOSwashereDined on 7/11/2014Definately a recommendable restaurant with very good food in good souroundingsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meatpacking sceneAnnetteRSDined on 7/8/2014STK knows how to cook a steak, and I appreciated that you can order from small, medium and large sizes, with a variety of sauces. Great appetizers, salads - especially the kale salad - are excellent. The steaks were well prepared and delicious, as were the desserts. I wish I could see we had great service. We didn't. The waiter was nice enough, but we were always having to look for him to get this attention, he was not at all attentive, and we had to ask other wait staff to get him for us, while he was chatting up other waiters. Otherwise, STK was great and I'd go there again.Special Features:
- Amazing ExperiencencfoodieDined on 7/5/2014I have been to many high end restaurants and this restaurant provided the best service I have ever had (coming from a former bartender and waitress). We did not wait at all for anything. Our salads came out within 5 minutes of ordering. Entrees came out perfectly cooked about 10 minutes after we finished our salads. Bread is amazing. Great martini and wine menu. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- My new fav!!TiffanyVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have loved Delmonico's in Vegas as my fav steak...NO MORE (Sorry, it's my second fav now)! STK was ridiculous!!! Our attendant, Luiz, made our meal fun and he was really awesome! From the cool vibe and superb customer service...we had wine, steak of course, the melt-in-your-mouth mashed potatoes, broccollini, and did I mention the steak?! The cool, dark vibe is a perfect romantic dinner. The music is at the perfect level and had me dancing in my chair throughout my meal. Then...head upstairs to the rooftop lounge (you can grab a bite up there too) and meet new friends or just chill with your companions. Overall,we cannot wait to return!! Certainly worth the trip!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they forgot about our anniversaryFrancoDined on 7/4/2014We had a very high expectation for this restaurant seen the reviews from other guests. My girlfriend and I were celebrating our anniversary that night ( we even put a note on opentable) but they completely forgot it and there was no mention or extra touch that we had in other restaurants. Our server Hendrick was very nice but the bussers were very obnoxious ( they touched my plate a couple of times while I was not finished yet as I was talking to my girlfriend). The food is great and I will come back but definitely not for special occasions.
- Very pleasedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014The surroundings was as pleasing as the presentation of the dishes. However, the flavor between sweet and savory tops any decor you can see. The music was entertaining and I would highly recommend this establishment to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!RachelDined on 7/3/2014We came here to start the night for my cousin's bachelorette party. The ambiance was great! The DJ was amazing! The food was delicious. I love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2014Went early for drinks on the rooftop, waited over 20 minutes for server to appear, never did, went to bar to order drinks for the table. Other then that place was good, typical trendy expensive bar. Dinner downstairs was much better, server was friendly and informative, gave us great recommendations and had a great dinner.Special Features:
- Do Not Eat HereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/26/2014Do not eat here. Wobbly table. Asked to be moved. They said no. Ordered a $260 bottle of Silver Oak. Chipped wine glass. Had to ask for a decanter. Had to pour my own wine. Thirty drunk kids at big table next to us. Good steak but hey LOTS of great steak joints in NYC. Indifferent service. Bored Apple attitude. First time in 20 years I left no tip. Shared my concerns with the manager. Have him my card. Paid my $500 bill for dinner for two. Haven't heard a word