STK - NYC - Meatpacking
26 Little West 12th St.
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - NYC - Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 6466242444x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday 6:00pm-12:00am
Friday - Saturday 6:00pm-12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Liran Mezan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Nightly DJ
- Special Events: Contact: 646.666.4510 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
A word from STK - NYC - Meatpacking
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while smoky mirrors allow patrons to catch a glimpse of the surroundings as a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Meatpacking is located in the heart of NYC's Meatpacking District and is the brand’s flagship location. Executive Chef Anthony Fusco mans the kitchen of the four floor venue. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
STK - NYC - Meatpacking - Best Restaurants in Meatpacking District ›
STK - NYC - Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
179 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (111)vibrant bar scene (86)special occasion (81)good for groups (80)fit for foodies (65)romantic (64)late-night find (47)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (31)great for outdoor dining (20)scenic view (20)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (3)Show More
- LuvtoeatVIPDined on 10/19/2014We had tuna tartare, the grilled octopus, fois gras and Rice Krispie shrimp to start. Everything was delicious. Two of us had the Niman Ranch steak special. It was cooked perfectly to order and was very flavorful. Everyone else's steak was also cooked to order. We had the brussel sprouts, the asparagus and truffle Parmesan fries. They were all good, but I would have preferred larger portions since we were a party of 6 and I don't think there was enough to go around. But it was all good because it left more room for dessert which was spectacular! We had the pumpkin glaze donuts, chocolate brownie and ice creM cone sampler. Yum! Our server was wonderful. Warm and friendly. Wish I remembered his nameSpecial Features:
- Always fun!TheKittyDined on 10/19/2014Great inventive drink menu. Many options for celiacs, corn puddings and shrimp Rice Krispies both gluten free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/12/2014The restaurant is very nice, but the music was too loud, the food doesn't compare to other NY stakehouses (e.g. BLT) and the service was poor: it took us over 30 mins after our food has arrived to receive the bottle of wine that we had selected
- NiceTheone1Dined on 10/12/2014This is a great place to take a lady out. That is what I did. I took my wife out for dinner and the good was really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best everSeemanDined on 10/11/2014By far my favorite restaurant in the entire country!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I can't hear you!VinoVeritasVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food, service, wine list, ambiance all outstanding but unless management turns the volume down on the sound system, we'd never go back. For anyone over 20, dining here is like having your head pounded by a baseball bat for two hours. Even our waitress, who apologized nothing could be done about the raucous music, was hoarse from having to shour over it!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014Food was priced high. Steak was small. Why are sides extra?Special Features:
- Too loud...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/9/2014Went there for a business dinner, way too loud, but the food is great, service was great.Special Features:
- Not worth the priceJustSayNoDined on 10/6/2014Snobby hostess, waiter lied to us and said we couldn't take the tip from our gift card balance. Very expensive. Shrimp smelled fishy. Steak was very fatty and veiny and $105 for two to share. Booths for two uncomfortable and small. Nothing was good or worth the cost.
- Wished the food was betterRonXGDined on 10/3/2014My fiancée and I were underwhelmed by our dinner this past Friday. We ordered the porter house, which we had done once before when we came as a group. Unfortunately, the cut was extremely fatty and several pieces were uneatable. When you're paying that much for quality meat, you don't expect it to be that chewy. The twice baked potato was excellent, however the brussel sprouts were not. They tasted like something you would buy at the local Chinese restaurant. We also got the grilled octopus which was light and fresh. The food also took a little longer than we would have liked, but we did get there late and the staff still was able to accommodate us. We loved that the Strawberry Cobbler proceeds went to breast cancer awareness!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014I went to STK oct 2, 14 for my 5th year anniversary. It was our 1st time there. Stk is classy,elegant and overall perfect. The waiter was amazing and the food was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Much to Like in Spite of FoodMrCPWVIPDined on 10/2/2014STK is such a special and unique restaurant that even criticizing the food would not keep me from going back. Everything about the design and layout of the place is first class. The food in inconsistant in quality and appeal. There is only one way for a true steakhouse to serve a wedge salad. A large, firm chuck of iceberg lettuce and beefsteak tomatoes covered in a generous covering of bluecheese dressing and chunks. A loose lettuce half, with a drizzle of blue cheese, and very few tiny chunks of bluecheese, coupled with sliced cherry tomatoes was a disappointment. The tuna entree was not very generous in size, but tasty. Twice baked potatoes were outstanding. The filet my guest had was also very good. STK is not about the food.Special Features:
- A great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/1/2014Everything about the experience was wonderful. This is a great corporate lunch / dinner spot!Special Features:
- Great foodnycfoodieDined on 10/1/2014The food here is amazing. I had the sirloin with truffle butter topping and it was one of the best steaks I've had. Truly memorable. My one complaint was that they had a DJ playing music that was better suited for later in the night when the club atmosphere kicked in. We ate at 6:30 and after a long day of work, i just wanted a fine scotch and a good steak and to talk with my friend. Overall, delicious food.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak I ever had!spederDined on 9/29/2014A very cool place, with good drinks and amazing steaks. A little pricy, but its worth it!Special Features:
- A night out !Harlem2HollywoodDined on 9/29/2014I'd like to say it was a pleasant evening, service and food was great the seafood portions were small but delicious would definitely recommend stk to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic!HolmDined on 9/27/2014A fantastic meal, great service, great atmosphere. Will definitely come back next time in town!Special Features:
- Worth every penny!KtmoranDined on 9/26/2014We were hesitant about going to STK because of it being so "trendy" because a lot of the newer trendy places have rude hostesses & snotty servers... Not the case at STK at all!! We were Impressed right away with the service! Price wise we hoped the food would live up to our standards & it definitely did! We eloped in the city & then chose stk for our romantic dinner, we were so surprised that stk actually read our open table comment about eloping & had sent us free champagne to congratulate us!! We have added notes to almost all of our romantic dinners through open table & have never even had our open table note request read. Above & beyond Our expectations!Keep up the sweet gestures! They are what makes you stand out from the rest!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too much of a sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/26/2014It is clear that on a Friday night, this is a place to see and be seen, but if you're looking to actually hear the people you're with, good luck. Before 8pm, this "restaurant" turned into a nightclub with pounding music and loud bar-goers.
- The food was amazingFendiVIPDined on 9/25/2014Everything was good. I'm definitely coming back thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok food, Terrible Customer ServicelinsyVIPDined on 9/23/2014We chose this place to celebrate a coworker's birthday, but were completely disappointed with service. We were the first table to check in, yet they wanted to sit us in the back at some table facing the wall? Hostess had to ask manager 2x in order to let us sit at a better table facing bar and street. Only to see another group that arrived minutes later be seated right next to us without hesitation. Afterwards, we ordered 2 Delmonico's steaks, which our waiter quickly went to the kitchen to set aside for us because they were the last 2 steaks left. 20 minutes later, waiter told us our steaks have been sold to someone else. We asked to speak to manager, he was extremely rude, and did nothing to mend the situation. Never again!
- Best steake ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/19/2014My boyfriend and I went here during our stay in NY. He called it "the best steak I have ever had". I think that says it all :)Special Features:
- Amazing ExperienceSexydiningDined on 9/16/2014The food was to die for!!! Uggghh. Wait staff was nice and welcoming, the vibe was sexy and the music was perfect. I felt like it was my birthday and I was just on a date. I absolutely love STK. This establishment has yet to let me down,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always solid,great steak, fun sceneZachVIPDined on 9/16/2014Took Clients from Europe - wanted to give them a NY scene experience. Was perfect fitSpecial Features:
- Loved itFoodieFashionistaTravelerVIPDined on 9/13/2014I loved this restaurant !! Check out my blog for my full review! http://wp.me/p4DZ17-b8Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!LiamDined on 9/5/2014Great food, great music! Staff were very knowledgable and friendly.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/4/2014We waited 45 minutes to be seated while we watched people without reservations be seated ahead of us.
- Better Service By The DozenYummyInMyTummyDined on 9/4/2014This spot is very nice and great food. My only issue was that it was very tight seating for tables for 2. It was not privatized at all.. hard not to join the next table conversation because it's so close. Also it was extremely pricey.. Like 18 dollars for two shrimp -__-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TTeixeiraDined on 9/3/2014Although the music was very, very good, the noise level was too high, impossible to have a conversation during dinner. Next time I'll make my reservayion to the roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLAHBLAHDined on 9/2/2014We have been to many high end steak houses being that we are foodies. We had a gilt coupon and never had a problem with any other restaurant. We were treated "different"from the moment we said we had the gilt ( which was not cheap ). Gave up a hidden table in the back pulled the menus out of our hands and threw other ones on the table. When we bought the coupons it said open menu. This was a lie and again only with this place. Apps were ok , Steak i could do just as good at home and sides were nothing special. Worst part was the service and how they treated us. Threw 3 mini comes on the table for dessert not even telling us what they were. I can't eat nuts and the waiter did not even tell us that nuts were in one of the ice creams.Special Features:
- Never a let down !CSavvaDined on 8/31/2014stk always provides the best and most outstanding experience. From food to drinks to the service... I never leave disappointed. Well worth it all!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pretty good steakKMarshDined on 8/31/2014Just ok. We had been to Quality Meats two weeks prior so my perception of STK might be skewed. We had an ok dinner but it wasn't really anything special. Cocktails were ok. Sweet corn side and truffled potatoes were good. Dessert was nothing special.Special Features:
- Hip and TrendyMDFoodieDined on 8/30/2014Took my hubby here for his birthday and the ambiance was fantastic. Ordered the lobster Mac and cheese which was presented as a special and was charged $36 for it when regular Mac and cheese was $12. Thought that was ridiculous but overall the service and food were great. The rooftop bar was super sexy and you can't beat the location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK - once and never againMstephwDined on 8/30/2014Our dinner was delightful and the wine was delicious. Paid the bill and were encouraged to go to the rooftop for a drink, which we did. The bar staff asked for our ID and refused to serve us because we had Australian drivers licenses' not passports. I'm sorry where is this vitale information available? And after dropping $300 on dinner when we asked why we were served downstairs and not upstairs her reply was, had someone checked your ID you would not have dined here. Well Thankyou very muchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great night for surefuntimeDined on 8/30/2014Great night out with friends, good food and service. Fabulous music after 9.30..will good again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favorite girls night out!!!KellyDined on 8/28/2014Food, drinks, service n music always superb!!! It's definitely worth the high prices you'll pay for an excellent meal and night out in NYC!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love it but...luv1022Dined on 8/27/2014I love STK, my husband and I have been dinning here since we met. We are steak lovers, and they make an unbelievable steak and their sides are awesome. However its turned from a restaurant to a club with food. We could hardly hear each other. Maybe it was the wrong time to go, we had a 9:30 res on a Thursday night. It was packed, loud and just plain old party town. I feel like its lost a notch of class.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scene-y with decent foodAJiLVIPDined on 8/27/2014Came here for a 9:15pm reservation with gilt City voucher for dinner- it was pretty crowded and loud, typical Meatpacking scene. Didn't get seated till 9:50pm which was really annoying as the table had been open for a while before I had to ask again whether we could get seated. Food was decent- porterhouse was good, as was the tuna tartar and broccolini/mac and cheese. If you're planning on clubbing or hitting the rooftop afterwards, STK is a good bet.Special Features:
- Worst service ever in NYC.CJinNYCDined on 8/27/2014The service was horrible. We were there for almost 2.5 hours, which should have been a really nice hour dinner experience. Our waiter had several other tables to attend, which were all over the restaurant. He forgot about us several times and we had to constantly flag him down to remind him. The place is loud and you will have to scream to be heard. The food is OK. Nothing less and nothing more. I will never return to this restaurant. Seriously, the worst service I've ever experienced in NYC. We were stunned by it actually.
- Awesome foodOzTravellersDined on 8/26/2014We recently traveled from Australia to the USA for a 3 week holiday and this was the best restaurant we ate at. The food was outstanding, especially the steaks and us Aussies like a good steak. Our daughter gave us a voucher for the restaurant for our wedding anniversary. It was a fitting celebration and we had a wonderful night. Even Dianna Ross was eating there. Would highly recommend.Special Features: