STK - Miami
2301 Collins Avenue
Miami, FL 33139Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: (305) 604-6988
- Hours of Operation:
**We are currently closed for renovations. We will re-open December 2014.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Aaron Taylor
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer seven different semi-private and private dining rooms that can accommodate seating from groups as small as 12 or as large 200 for seated events in a full buyout. Our rooms have features that not only make them unique to restaurant, but to all of Miami. Blaze Starr is fabulously chic with pool tables, leather banquettes and flat screen tv's, and the Mezzanine balconies transform into one, two or three separate dining rooms. Our maximum capacity is 300 for a standing cocktail party.
- Private Party Contact: Chantell Gonzalez 3056046816x
- Entertainment: On Friday, Saturday and Monday nights, STK offers a scene fueled by a high-energy DJ that will have you dancing in your plush white leather banquette to a mixture of 80's, hip hop, classic rock, and modern popular music. Next to the steak, the music is the star.
- Special Events: The main dining room of STK has seating for up to 200ppl seated and 300 for cocktails. Our elegant champagne bar also boasts seating for semi-private events of up to 50ppl & is a wonderful addition to start off the night as a gathering place for cocktails.
Our mezzanine section features private dining suites named after famous burlesque stars such as the "Tempest Storm” (18ppl), “Candy Barr”, “Do May” and “Lillie St Cyr” (10ppl ea). Each private room can open up into one long private enclave for a sit down dinner of up to 100 persons. The "Blaze Starr" room is fabulously chic with pool tables, leather banqette seating & flat screen TVs.
A word from STK - Miami
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Miami is located in the heart of Miami Beach, bringing the pulse of New York to the rhythm of South Beach. Executive Chef Aaron Taylor mans the kitchen of the bi-level venue located in the 1 Hotel and Resorts. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
STK - Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great atmosphere. Very goodHollyginncDined on 3/24/2013Great atmosphere. Very good steak. Too bad it's located inside the Perry Hotel. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- We originally had plannedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/19/2013We originally had planned to go to another steakhouse, however that one was full. I am so glad it was because STK is one of the best steakhouse I have been to. I was there with 2 girlfriends’ en they do think at ladylike portion. From the appetizers to the main course was really really good. On my next stay at Miami I will definitely go back there.Special Features:
- Over a 6 night Spring BreakOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013Over a 6 night Spring Break stay in South Beach, I had dinner at 4 places well recommended by folks via yelp/tripadvisor. STK earned a 2nd visit because (1) service was attentive & timely;(2) the food offerings didn't disappoint (rack of lamb & fresh green salad the 1st night & the bone-in ribeye & the 'blue iceberg' salad), but (3) most importantly, they really make an effort to provide a singular overall "evening experience", darn remarkable for a hotel-anchor eatery. STK is NOT the place for a serious business dinner or quiet romantic evening, the DJ pumping out beat tunes for folks on the dance floor, the angel-winged massueses, and the plumed dancers on the main bar (2nd night)Special Features:
- Group of ladies (40+) celebratingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Group of ladies (40+) celebrating a birthday. Best DJ I have ever heard and great place to dance and eat. Good cocktails, food delicious. Highly recommend. Would not hesitate to return.Special Features:
- Good food (though extremelyAnnaBDined on 3/16/2013Good food (though extremely overpriced for tiny portions, but that was expected); ok music; horrible service: untrained employees from the host and hostesses to the waiters and bus boys. Overall a pretentious place where fire alarms (apparently a daily occurrence) make it hard to enjoy the "fine" dining. If you want a steakhouse, go somewhere else like fontainebleau Gotham steakhouse or prime 112.
- Excellent food. The STK steakLouannVIPDined on 3/8/2013Excellent food. The STK steak sauce was amazing and I wish that I could have brought some home! The mac & cheese, mashed potatoes, and steak were delicious. Ended the night with the mini ice cream cones. Yum!Special Features:
- Overall, it was outstanding!RaquelDined on 3/7/2013Overall, it was outstanding! It's pricey, but you should know that going in. Only slight complaint was that our side dishes were cleared before we finished them and it happened too fast for us to stop them.Special Features:
- Dissapointing experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/2/2013Dissapointing experience. Had to wait for an hour past our reservation for a table. Service was inattentive and food was average for the price. Fun atmosphere, but don't think I would return based on overall experience.Special Features:
- Stk where ur reservation is a jokeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/2/2013As a fan of the NYC location, I was so excited to make a reservation at Miami stk. my reservation was for 8:15 we were not seated until after 10 pm. What a mismanaged mess! Everyone was complaining yet all the staff and our waiter confirmed this was standard practice for main Miami. The manager bought us two drinks but we had already had two waiting for the first hour so who really wants four drinks while ur being jerked around before dinner. The food was good but def not worth waiting for - night was ruined! Waiter Named Victor said it was common for hostess to allow walking to buy they're way to the head of the line. So lame u should look into this. Very bad for u and I'm sure I'm not alone w this complaint.Special Features:
- Only problem I had was thatdolphinDined on 3/2/2013Only problem I had was that we waited an hour after our reservation time to get a table. Donuts for dessert were fantastic.Special Features:
- Skip this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/2/2013Do not patronize this restaurant. We had an 8pm reservation for 4 people and arrived on time. We were told we would be seated in "a few minutes". When 8:15 came, I checked with the extremely unhelpful and rude hostess as to our status. She said "we are seating people in the order they checked in." And she had no idea when we would be seated. At 8:30 I checked again. Same results. At 8:45 I asked for a manager. He was actually friendly, but still useless. He said he was very sorry, but really had no idea when we would be seated. I reminded him that we had an 8pm reservation and it was 8:45pm and he was telling me he had no idea when we would be seated. He said "sorry about that." We left. Never again. They don't care about their customers.
- Amazing place! I loved theOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/2/2013Amazing place! I loved the vibe. It was a bit unassuming when we first walked in and the music had us nervous. Once the DJ started up, things were GREAT!Special Features:
- Delicious food and wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013Delicious food and wonderful service... Our party of four was seated promptly and greeted by our charming waiter. The atmosphere is romantic...dimly lit (too dimly!?!) by candlelight with plenty of space between tables. When compared to Prime 112's rib eye steak, STK fell short.Special Features:
- Too loud to have a nice dinner.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013Too loud to have a nice dinner. More for a party type.Special Features:
- Never again... Overrated,OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/1/2013Never again... Overrated, pathetically pretentious, mediocrity at its best
- A bit too loud, had to askOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/1/2013A bit too loud, had to ask to turn the music down for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Spent the weekend in MiamirickVIPDined on 2/17/2013Spent the weekend in Miami (from a snowy New York). Didn't plan on visiting STK, but since it was cold and windy, we decided to eat at our hotel restaurant -- STK. We loved sitting in the booth with impeccable service by all. The bread is to die for. My steak was cooked to perfection and my wife, who is not a meat eater, had two fabulous seafood courses. Thanks for the wonderful experience.Special Features:
- My spouse and I along withOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 2/17/2013My spouse and I along with my friends really enjoyed this spot! Sexy!!!!Special Features:
- Our steaks were cooked toOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/16/2013Our steaks were cooked to perfection and Parmesan fries were delicious. The best part of our meal were the dessert donuts with dipping sauce...yummy!Special Features:
- We loved everything aboutMiClosetVIPDined on 2/16/2013We loved everything about this place except the hostess "awful" is putting it nicely!Special Features:
- Loud and expensiveDoneDined on 2/15/2013Snapper cooked wih skin on and dry. Octopus was good. Everything overpriced auto. Grat for 2 people is silly. Dessert was good. 283 dollars for 2 people kind of expensive. Place is very loud and not the place for conversation
- Amazing trendy place bad waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I thought the food and ambiance was amazing! The girls at the front were very nice and welcoming. Unfortunately, the waiter treated my husband and me very bad. It seemed like he didn't care about serving us and more like we were a bother. I would go again just because the place is so pretty and I love the music! We tipped him well either way and it seemed after that he was more interested in being nice. I would go again hoping to get a much better waiter next time.Special Features:
- Our food was excellent! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013Our food was excellent! The service was very good. We were very satisfied with our wine selections. We appreciated the variety in sizes offered for their steaks. The sides were delicious! My husband felt that his steak was the best he had in a long time, and he frequents steak houses all over the country. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- The service was great fromOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2013The service was great from the moment you walked in. Of course my husband and I chose steak; and it was fabulous. Will go back soon. Oh I forgot to mention the drinks were amazing as well.Special Features:
- Amazing dinner!! Best Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2013Loved it! We were skeptical at first because we were sat in front of a large party and were looking for a romantic meal. We asked to move tables but there were not any. The waiter saved the day. I wish I could remember his name, but he moved our table, then reversed it so we were facing away from the party, and then completely made up for where we were sitting. The food was amazing, sliders are a must have. The Bone in Rib eye (we split it) was amazing and mouth watering. I have read some bad reviews and can't believe it. It was our favorite place from the entire 8 days we were in Florida. Thanks STK and our waiter for making it a very fun and romantic night out.Special Features:
- It is located inside The PerryTeachDined on 1/19/2013It is located inside The Perry Hotel where I was staying. Great restaurant and great location.Special Features:
- A Bad Night Maybe?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/16/2013Different decor, but similar vibe to LV location. Of the 5 diners, we had Sea Bass, Kobe Filet, Cowboy Ribeye, Prime Filet, Halibut w/King Crab. After REALLY enjoying our appetizers, the entrees were VERY underwhelming. Kobe Filet ($135) was ordered medium, but came out well done. After sending it back it came out rare and looked like a gross fatty piece of gristle. To manager's credit, he jumped right in and got us a third one that was cooked perfectly. It tasted great. Halibut was good not great. The Sea Bass was reportedly not very good, although not brought to the waitress' attention. Had the donuts for dessert and they were spectacular. In the end, very good customer service could not offset the mediocre food quality and flavor.Special Features:
- The DJ was excellent!! SoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/14/2013The DJ was excellent!! So was out waiter Alexander.Special Features:
- it was good... food was great....OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/13/2013it was good... food was great.... service was great.... great spot for romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Problem with cooking a medium steakOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013Filet undercooked. Had to return it twice. After second time it was overcooked. One would think that a steak restaurant would know how to cook a medium steak.
- We are staying at the PerryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/4/2013We are staying at the Perry Hotel and we love STK. the drinks at the bar are so fresh with natural ingredients . Stopped in late tonight and music was great.Special Features:
- This is my thrid time hereDavidDined on 1/2/2013This is my thrid time here and it was my best experience. They can make you wait up to 45 (or more!!!) minutes for your reservation - which is REALLY annoying - but once seated the food is excellent and the service will range from decent to excelleent as well.Special Features:
- Went there for dinner withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2013Went there for dinner with DH. Food was excellent the waiter however was not very attentive not what I was expecting. Previous review rated the place for the service here however the gratuity was already included 18% as it is in most Miami restaurants that I don't mind but this particular waiter didn't work that hard for his tip...Ordered a particular stake yet different size steak brought out. Would come here again regardless of this one unpleasant experience ehSpecial Features:
- The food and the place areWindjammerDined on 1/1/2013The food and the place are good. The a/c made it too cold though. Would deffo go again!Special Features:
- Sexy Steak Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/1/2013I always visit STK when I am in Miami with my boyfriend. Everytime I go I have a wonderful experience and last visit was no exception. I got dinner their on a Tuesday and the restaurant was lively, always sexy and had superior customer service. Our only complaint were the drinks were not very good and we did not finish them. But that aside it always is my favorite place to eat in Miami!Special Features:
- very energetic place, whereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/27/2012very energetic place, where music and stylish ambiance are protagonists. Food is also very good and service was flawless. strongly recommended.
- Wait with reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/24/2012We went to have dinner for my daughters birthday and we had a reservation at 9:30. They told us to wait a few minutes in the bar while our table Was ready but 40 min passed by and all we did Was having a drink that wasnt that good. We decided to leave and find another restaurant because it was already 10:20. When we told the hostesses we were leaving they just said ok and did nothing about it.Special Features:
- I was very surprised withOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 12/23/2012I was very surprised with how I didn't enjoy STK. Coming from Chicago- I am used to very good steakhouses. What made this experience a negative one, was the service. Only two waiters were working and it was not busy at all. It took the waiter 45 mins to just take our order. We sat there just waiting- even after asking bus help for our waiter. All the courses were very slow to be served. And when the bill was presented, the waiter stood there tapping on the table as if we weren't moving fast enough. There are definitely better restaurants to try in Miami.
- Always a great steakhouse...Miami,LFoodguyDined on 12/21/2012Always a great steakhouse...Miami,Las Vegas, New York City.Special Features:
- High end steakhouse meetsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/17/2012High end steakhouse meets a bar/club. One of those places I am glad I went, but I am not likely to go again.Special Features: