STK - Los Angeles
755 La Cienega
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
STK - Los Angeles
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stkhouse.com/
- Phone: 3106593535x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Monday: 6:00pm -11:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm -11:30pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm -12:30am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Executive Chef Robert Liberato
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wine
- Entertainment: Wednesday-Saturday night live DJs
- Special Events: Please contact our events department at 310-657-1101 for parties of 12 people or more.
A word from STK - Los Angeles
STK artfully blends two concepts into one—the modern steakhouse and a chic lounge. A large central lounge area is furnished with creamy leather banquettes and textured crocodile tiles, and is surrounded by an elevated dining room for more formal dining. Theatrical lights illuminate each table, while smoky mirrors allow patrons to catch a glimpse of the surroundings while a DJ creates an energetic vibe throughout the entire space. STK Los Angeles is located in the heart of West Hollywood’s Restaurant Row. Executive Chef David Gussin mans the kitchen of the sexy celebrity hotspot. As anticipated, steak is the main attraction. With a female-friendly mindset, STK offers small, medium and large cuts of meat, as well as naturally raised options and market fresh fish entrees. Aside from steak, signature items include Parmesan Truffle Fries; Lil’ BRGs; Shrimp Rice Krispies; Sweet Corn Pudding; and Jump Lump Crab Salad.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
STK - Los Angeles - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
STK - Los Angeles reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (60)special occasion (55)vibrant bar scene (48)romantic (45)good for groups (41)fit for foodies (36)late-night find (18)neighborhood gem (15)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (3)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- This visit was not a 5 starOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/15/2014Everything was excellent except the the person who came out to bag our Leftovers ( dressed in black). After bagging our leftovers, he brings my bag out, drops it on the floor, did not apologize . I take the box out to see If any food had fallen out. He walks away with the bag,not apologizing which totally floored me! I did bring this matter up to my waitress. She took it back and rebag it.-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stk was nothing like one in vegasParty3Dined on 10/11/2014Waitress were rude. My party of 3 waited 1 hour after scheduled reservation. Seats looked really nasty. Music was so loudSpecial Features:
- ChrisVIPDined on 10/6/2014Great food and better service. You should definitely make a reservation.Special Features:
- Great dinnerJoeRVIPDined on 10/4/2014Having been to STK in Las Vegas, we were prepared for a total scene. Although that would have been fine, we were happily surprised to find STK LA a slightly more sedate dining experience. The steaks were perfectly prepared, and the sides were wonderful (except the "fries" which were pedestrian). Drinks were good, and nicely priced. The room is gorgeous. And service was just about perfect. All in all, a delightful meal -- we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak everBuddyDined on 9/30/2014Great service, food is absolutely Delicious . We celebrated special occasion and had a really good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencePeriVIPDined on 9/28/2014Wasn't sure what to expect as this is a mini-corporate chain but atmosphere was fantastic as was my steak. Bar was a bit loud but dining room was very smartly decorated and noise level was perfect. Service was very attentive as well. Only feedback was that wine was not served at proper temperature - too warm. Also, although my filet migon was perfectly cooked and equally tasty, the accompanying sauces were mediocre. Would definitely go back though as these issues relatively minor compared to the overall experience.Special Features:
- Great food and vibeSchloecrDined on 9/27/2014We ate here after being recommended to the place as a steak place that also had a bar and music/DJ. We were not let down, great food and service combined with a good cocktail/beer selection. There was a DJ playing good tunes and the vibe about the place was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!AmberfDined on 9/27/2014Was not disappointed. We had a perfect dining experience. Food was Devine, waiter David was superb. Ambiance beautiful, was quickly seated and it was priced as expected for prime steak place. Will definitely go back next time we are in Hollywood. Loved, loved , loved it!!!!Special Features:
- AmazingyummymummyDined on 9/21/2014This is the second time I have been to STK in LA (last time was a few years back). I was impressed the first time and even years later I am happy to report that STK still delivers the same level of Service and Food quality. I am not sure if it is still considered a "hot spot" as it was a few years ago but it doesn't matter - the food should keep you coming back! I LOVE the Mac and Cheese!!!Special Features:
- Great MealGBF17116Dined on 9/20/2014I was concerned after reading some negative reviews but the experience was absolutely amazing. We dined on a Saturday and when we arrived it was pretty quiet. By 8:00 the DJ started up, the lights went down and the vibe became very hip. The restaurant was packed with a good mix of couples and large groups. The food was amazing. The Chef came over to our table and we had a nice conversation. He promised to send over a couple of his signature dishes to try which he did when our other food arrived. He made use a crab ravioli that was out of this world. At the end of the meal he ordered us a complete selection of desserts which were great. I will definitely will be going back.Special Features:
- Great place to dine inVeritasDined on 9/16/2014Great place, food was excellent Pleasent and very friendly. Great place to plan for your next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodJunkieDined on 9/14/2014Great classy venue, without being overly formal. Great large tables for larger groups, and dim lighting with good beats creating a great atmosphere. Food was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceJayden9Dined on 9/14/2014The steak was cooked medium rare to perfection. Melted in my mouth. The parking situation sucks, but it comes with the territory in LASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the travel!STKloverDined on 9/6/2014Travelling from Scotland, we had been looking forward to dinner here for ages. The steak was excellent! Worth every penny and the cocktails were great too. Only thing I could gripe about is I thought the music was a little loud in the dining area, with 3 of us sat around a large table, it was tough to hear each other. Bar that, 5 stars. Can't wait to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bday dinnerribaDined on 8/30/2014Everybody was greeeaaatt! Thank you STK. My party was late but once everybody got their we didn't have to wait for ur tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stay AwayjustforthehalibutDined on 8/30/2014We booked ahead for my daughter's birthday dinner. We arrived on time at 7:30 Sat eve and were escorted to the dark, empty "lounge" by the bar--not the dining room--strange, given our reservation remarks. The bar music was so loud it made it hard to converse, and the noise got exceedingly louder until it was excrutiating by 8:30-9. The waiter recommended a lobster mashed potato side with our steaks, neglecting to tell us that it wasn't $9 (like all other sides) but $35. It was tiny. They delivered the wrong steak to me and took it back but it came out raw, not rare. They took it back and it came out raw again. All steaks were so overpowered by huge pepper flakes they were almost inedible. Rest of food was meh and small portions. AVOID!!
- The Scene SpotMrEverything456Dined on 8/29/2014On Fri night ... Myself and a very special woman in my life went out for some find dining. STK is one of those HOT SPOTS period throughout the country from NYC, Miami, Vegas and specially West Hollywood. The ambiance was very trendy and sexy (Dress to impress) the food was delicious (they aren't cheap with there food or drinks) you get what you pay for. Our waiter for the evening was Carkeet was great with the professionalism and hospitality. I would recommend this spot if you really want experience the luxury life of LA (by the way it isn't that expensive here) so don't be cheap "Ha Enjoy"Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantmomoDined on 8/26/2014The place is hip with great ambience, bar, and food. The service was extraordinary and the music was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK always deliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/24/2014Second trip to STK LA and again, an amazing steak with great service. Always a hopping bar scene and at least one legitimate celebrity as an added bonus.Special Features:
- AbrahamVIPDined on 8/23/2014My wife and I went to STK for our 25 year anniversary. We were extremely impressed by the restaurant décor as we entered. Hostess was professional and courteous. our waitress was fantastic. We ordered 34oz rib eye steak. It was charred on the outside and Medium rear in the inside. Food was great and we had a great time. Bar tenders were great and looked as they enjoyed their job with dancing while mixing the drinks. Defiantly a place to go back and have a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb service and steaks!cfesVIPDined on 8/23/2014The steaks are fabulous, but what was really outstanding was the service provided by Brad. He offered great recommendations and was right on! I would definitely recommend STK, and look forward to returning.Special Features:
- Thurs birthday dinner party of 4HtotheIzzoDined on 8/21/2014Our server didn't smile that much, such a shame since she was very pretty. I told her we had to be out by a certain time (about an hour from us sitting down) and she helped to facilitate that. She didn't even offer us the dessert menu and only brought the check. After that she never came back to ask if we wanted to box up our food, I had to flag down a passing busboy. Even after we signed the credit card slip, she never came back to say thank you or to send us off (like I saw other servers did).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- STK All in MemesovivsDined on 8/20/2014This was my second visit at STK and as I remembered, the food & service was exceptional! My usual from now on will have to be the fresh oysters, petit filet, creamed corn, roasted potatoes, & broccolini. We also ordered the truffle fries, creamed spinach, & double baked potato.. but they didnt do it as much as the other previous sides had. I would also recommend the crab salad as a good starter. Steak is a must have. Service is amazing at as they certainly live up to their reputable name. The music was a upbeat and would feature a remix of top 40. My friend mentioned it sounded like a Korean boy band version.. which I found delightful as I could recognize the tunes. STK I will be back, & believe my friends I brought will be too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentRecurrentVisitorDined on 8/15/2014STK is an outstanding place to eat, socialize, dine with a group of friends or just with that special someone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious steaks!Pcgrieco13Dined on 8/9/2014We loved it. The appetizers, our salads, the steaks were perfectly cooked and the dessert (cookie with ice cream) was sooo good! Worth it to come in for a nicer occasion.Special Features:
- Simply AmazingjhanksDined on 8/6/2014My boyfriend and I came here to celebrate his birthday. Everything from the food, to the service, to the ambience was perfect. Our waiter was hilarious, but professional and took care of us all night. My boyfriend ordered the Porterhouse, which was cooked and seasoned perfectly. I got the petite filet with the red wine sauce, which is hands down the best sauce I've ever had. Overall, it was an amazing evening.Special Features:
- Happening place to beFC00Dined on 8/5/2014The restaurant was nicely done with its modern and simple decor. One large room for dining with booths all around. Another with the bar, which has high and low seating and a DJ. Great music. Great vibe. It took a while to be seated, so had a drink at the bar. When we were seated, service was great. Food was better than average. Saw a couple of basketball players such as Kris Humphries so that was cool.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service.MykindofplaceDined on 8/1/2014This place has the best service by far. Everyone not just great employees, but genuinely nice people that would treat you that way in any job capacity. It was consistent from the valet to everyone who served you in the restaurant. Food was great too and I enjoyed every minute of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dine LA was awfulAdiamondVIPDined on 7/25/2014I ordered off the over-priced Dine LA menu and had a petite filet that I am pretty sure was from the grocery store. My husband ordered a regular NY not on the Dine LA menu and it was better, but not by much. I asked for medium rare (as I do when I am eating at am upscale steak restaurant) and it was cooked solid, totally brown on the inside. The staff was wonderful, so attentive and nice. But I just feel like a little too much time is spent on making the restaurant look like a club and less on making the food live up to it's price.
- Outstanding in every way!DineonaDimeDined on 7/24/2014Beautiful ambience and design. A real supper club feel. Gorgeous, super friendly staff and SUPERB food! Loved the bread and chive olive oil, Branzino and corn pudding YUM!!!! My husband had the petite filet mignon and cleaned his plate. Will definitely be back. One of our best dining experiences ever! Would not have gone without the Dine LA discount! Thank you!! We've been telling everybody about it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/23/2014Steak over cooked and had to send it back. Manager very apologetic and offered us desserts on him. Second steak was perfectly cooked and delicious. Service a little slow, but friendly. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentjamiegirlDined on 7/20/2014We had a great time and the food was delicious. I would highly recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceseefooddietDined on 7/19/2014STK has a great ambiance. A great place to take a date for a fancy meal.Special Features:
- DineLA experienceSD0627Dined on 7/18/2014This was my first time coming to STK-LA. I thought the food was excellent for the dine:A experience. Their heirloom beet salad was delicious. The petite filet was tender, flavorful and juicy. For ambiance, I gave it a fair rating only because of the little gnats and fruit flies lingering around the dining area and the bar scene. Understandably, yes the rooftop is open air as along the door entrance, but swatting away nuisance flies while drinking your beer or eating your food is was a tad annoying. other than that, it was good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/17/2014Great food, great service, nice atmosphere... The night we were there there was a terrible DJ spinning loud music. The music was terrible and so loud we couldnt hear each other - it was only a group of 3. I wouldnt go back.
- Excellent food and wine!Nonna1Dined on 7/16/2014STK in Beverly Hills is a wonderful restaurant, and I will definitely return. Their food is wonderful. I had a steak that had great flavor and was tender. Their twice baked potatoes were absolutely out of this world good. My dining companion completely agreed with me. Our waiter was so good and attentive that we left an impressive tip, and he raced after us to thank us.Special Features:
- 30th bdaymichi90277Dined on 7/15/2014I had an intimate dinner at STK for my 30th bday and it was exactly what I wanted for a dinner. The food was good, wine list - awesome, and service was great. Thank you !!Special Features:
- first time not lastNY2LADined on 7/15/2014We came because of DineLa. Evreything was amazing. I am still drooling over that filet. My wife had the branzino and loved it as well. I also learned that not only are beets not evil, they can be quute tastey. I also need to call out our waitress Julia, she went avove and beyond to make us comfortable and should be comended. The only reason that I withheld the 5th star was because a few fruit flies came out with our drinks and we couldnt get rid of them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectionTeachDined on 7/14/2014STK is the whole package. Trendy, beautiful, great staff, and amazing food. Don't miss the Mac and cheese . Every steak cooked to perfection.Special Features:
- DecadenceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/12/2014We recently celebrated a birthday dinner at this West Hollywood steak joint and found the food and service top notch. While diners should not expect a cheap meal here, the menu and wine list offered many choices and the large portion sizes are perfect for sharing. The kitchen split our salads and a filet for my children without me even having to ask. Each of our cuts of beef were perfectly cooked to the temperature ordered and the truffled fries and corn pudding were amazing. Our party of six shared the flourless chocolate cake and the donuts with cinnamon creme anglaise, which was more than we could all eat. The scene is glam, but we didn't mind the upbeat DJ music on a Saturday night. My husband and I will be back for date night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.