5220 Manzanita Avenue
Carmichael, CA 95608Neighborhood:
EnglishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stirlingbridges.com/
- Phone: 9163312337
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: M-Sa 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Su-Th 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: F-Sa 4:00pm-12:00am
Brunch: Sa-Su 10:00am-1:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian, English
- Executive Chef: Greg Allen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Every Saturday we offer live music after 9pm inside the restaurant. Cover Charge apply for some bands
A word from Stirling Bridges
For centuries, pubs have been synonymous with good cheer, hearty fare and enduring friendships. From this legacy grew the inspiration for Stirling Bridges Restaurant and Pub, a classic British gastropub serving fine artisan cuisine, classic pub food and designer pizzas baked to perfection in our state-of-the-art brick oven. Tipplers will delight at our 70 ft. long bar, premium liquors, house specialty drinks and diverse selection of 60-plus beers, lagers and ales from around the world. We know that games of skill and good conversation go hand-in-hand, so we invite you to compete on our dartboards or pool table. If you just want to relax, we encourage you to do so in the Churchill room with its relaxing lounge atmosphere, on the patio, where full service is available, or simply find a spot to watch one of our 12 flat-screen televisions for a great game day experience. Welcome to Stirling Bridges! We know this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Stirling Bridges - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Stirling Bridges reviews from OpenTable diners
27 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)vibrant bar scene (6)great for lunch (5)special occasion (4)fit for foodies (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)hot spot (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- More pub than restaurantdinner4twoDined on 9/5/2014The food was only okay. We ordered three salads, cobb, wedge, and beet. The wedge salad was good with good blue cheese, the beet salad was a disappointment; three thin slices of too salty beet and a decent amount of spinach. Beet salad was definitely a misnomer. The beef stroganoff looked and tasted like hamburger helper. The beef and mushroom pie tasted good but the short crust described on the menu turned out to be puff pastry. All in all none of the four of us was impressed and don't plan on returning.
- English foodphilDined on 8/31/2014The food was very good and service better than average. Price is about right a little on the noisy side but the fish and chips were very good and the waffle and chicken hit it out of the park.Special Features:
- Love this placeChefyDined on 8/31/2014Only negative thing I can say is on last visit I ordered Chicken & Waffles And the waffles were so full of grease I couldn't eat anything and had to return it. So I would not recommend those but everything else is fabulous. We just love the servers (with personalities) at this restaurant too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our FavoriteNateVIPDined on 8/27/2014Great place to go to after work! Meg was our server again. She's great.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!NateVIPDined on 8/22/2014Once again, great food and service. Meg was our waitress and did a great job! Thanks!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeNateVIPDined on 8/16/2014Great food and service again. Caitlin was our server and did a great job. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late night diningSueZeeQueVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were at a meeting and needed a place to eat at 10:30 pm. We were unfamiliar with the area, so OpenTable to the rescue. The bar was nearly empty when we arrived, so I am sure the noise level is higher at busy times. The service was excellent, and we were not treated hastily in spite of the late hour. The decor is unique and fun. My companion had bangers and mash which he said was very good. Being a vegetarian, I tried the Pesto Pasta with vegetables. The sauce was very creamy and delicious. We will definitely return when we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A regular favoriteNateVIPDined on 8/3/2014We come here almost once a week now. Ana was our waitress. She was very busy. They seemed understaffed. Free coffee was nice.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Pub FeelJhadesDined on 8/1/2014We like the pub ambience although it's grand scale American style pub ambience. Good beer selection and great staff. Upbeat and can do.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PatioGuyBrynnDadDined on 7/28/2014Great place for an English Grub dinner or lunch. Having been raised in Jolly Old England, it was great to see so many names on the menu. Try the cauliflower and Scotch eggs - excellent. And the Bangers and Mash is just like Mom used to make. A fun night.Special Features:
- GreatNateVIPDined on 7/23/2014One of our favorites. We are regulars at least once a week. Caitlin was our server again and did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- I would not returnCharlieDined on 7/19/2014It was pricey diner type food. I ordered the special, a chicken sandwich with pesto sauce, tomato and mozzeralla. It was soggy and tasteless. The server however; was very pleasant and had the food been better, I would definitely return for the great service.Special Features:
- Local FavoriteNateVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always good food and service. Caitlin was our server and did a great job.I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesNateVIPDined on 7/11/2014We're regulars for sure. Beef Pastie, chips and a mug of Guiness. Yumm! Kathryn was our server and did a great job!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining in our NeighborhooddininginsactoDined on 7/9/2014Enjoyed a wonderful dinner. The previous restaurant in this location closed several years ago, and until now we have not had a restaurant of this caliber in the neighborhood. Stirling Bridges provided very good food combined with well-paced and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it here!NateVIPDined on 6/27/2014Courtney was our waitress again. She's great! Food is always good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodNateVIPDined on 6/20/2014We're regulars. Love the food and service. Courtney was our server and did a great job!I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesNateVIPDined on 6/14/2014Consistent good food and service. Amy was our server in the bar area and did a great job. We're regulars now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatKating50Dined on 6/4/2014We have dined here several times and have never been disappointed . We love the appetizers, too. Pint night was great the other night. Food incredible.Special Features:
- One of our FavoritesNateVIPDined on 5/30/2014Callie was our waitress again. She's the best! Food is great!
- The following 9 reviews are from the Stirling Bridges reviews archive.
- SurprisedRayWDined on 5/11/2014I must admit, i like big flavors from my food. Since my wife and daughter are planning a trip to England we thought we try this place. I surprises with the food, my Beef Pastie was good and had a decent flavor but my wife chicken curry was a bland as bland can be.
- Great FindRCREEVEDined on 5/11/2014We dined here for Mother's Day and were not disappointed. Service was friendly, attentive and the food well above average. I think we found our comfort food mecca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Hit!Hardtoplease3Dined on 5/11/2014Being new to the Antelope, CA area, we had no idea where to go for Mother's Day brunch. Stirling Bridges turned out to be a great place. The staff were super friendly and talkative; the chef making the omlettes is awesome; the waitress was sweet and very attentive; and on top of it all, the food was great. Even the 14-year old in our group enjoyed it and that says a lot. :)Special Features:
- Buffet was over priced & not tastykindredDined on 5/11/2014We went for Mother's Day brunch. The brunch was $25 a person for undercooked, runny omelette, cold sausage, and cereal. The blueberry muffin was the tastiest thing there...a very expensive muffin. :( My kids chose items off the menu and liked their sandwiches.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceNateVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food is fantastic. The chicken curry over chips was great. My wife loved the Shepard's Pie. Portions are very large. Callie was our server again. She's great! We're regulars now. We'll be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. Even better wait staff.esf03Dined on 5/10/2014This was our second visit and both timrs the food has been great. The wait staff is very attentive and the food comes out fast. Kid friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- English DinnerAmandaBreanneDined on 5/9/2014I love the options as they are all classic British choices. I've loved everything so far. This was our second time going and we look forward to trying new things again, soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a quick pintNateVIPDined on 5/3/2014We like going to Stirling Bridges after a long day at work. The food is always very good and the service is good. Callie was our server and did a great job. We're "regulars" now.I would recommend this to a friend.
- English GemphilDined on 4/26/2014Outstanding highly recommended. Food and Service super. Am going again soon.Special Features: