Stingray Café - El Conquistador Resort
1000 El Conquistador Avenue
Fajardo, PR 00738Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Stingray Café - El Conquistador Resort
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.elconresort.com/Things-to-Do/Dining/Fine-Dining/Stingray-Cafe/Stingray-Cafe-Reservations
- Phone: 7878636616
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 6:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood
- Executive Chef: Dayn Smith
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Contact: Angel Maldonado 7878636616x
A word from Stingray Café - El Conquistador Resort
Seafood restaurant at El ConquistadorContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stingray Café - El Conquistador Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
12 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelQuiet
great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)special occasion (7)scenic view (6)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (2)good for groups (1)Show More
- Pretty Good Resort DiningFoodFanDined on 7/17/2014Food was pretty good, ambiance was lovely. Service was excellent. The spicy ahi tuna appetizer was delicious!Special Features:
- Stringray CafeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/17/2014The service was the very best, food was great (lobster tail), the view was very relaxing. I will go again.Special Features:
- Great view outside. so-so food.nyntDined on 7/14/2014I was hoping for a great dining experience when I booked at Stingray. Yet all four of us got adequately prepared food. Nothing was worth writing about in this review. The wait staff did what they're supposed to but did not check on us unless we waved them over. I would not say it was over priced, but I will not go back either.Special Features:
- Fantastic mealBeachbugDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I ate at Stingray twice while staying at El Conquistador. This was, by far, the best restaurant we experienced on site. The tuna, dorado (mahi-mahi) swordfish and lobster were all outstanding. The lobster was the best I've had anywhere including Maine. The service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBeachbugDined on 6/22/2014Delicious seafood perfectly cooked. Excellent service. Quiet and relaxing. Worth the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great seafoodDrVKDined on 6/7/2014My wife and I ate here a couple of nights ago and really enjoyed it. I had the scallops and they were cooked really well. My wife had the salmon and she claims it's the best salmon she has ever eaten. The restaurant was empty - we were literally the only people there from 6 until we left about 7:30. The price was pretty much like everyone described. Our two dishes plus iced tea and tip came out right at $90. We sat outside and really enjoyed the views. We would definitely go back againSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/23/2014This is was our first trip to Puerto Rico and our first trip to Stingray Café, and we were not disappointed. The food was one of the best that we have had in a very long time and that says a lot considering that we live near NYC and have an endless selection of options. I had the Pan Seared Halibut and the rosette was absolutely amazing. The wait staff was friendly and made our dining experience pleasant.Special Features:
- Nice spot on-resort for couplesCB444VIPDined on 5/21/2014Pretty view of the marina, lively vibe coming from bar and the food was delicious. Scallops cooked to perfection and my husband's steak was outstanding.Special Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Stingray Café - El Conquistador Resort reviews archive.
- An Outstanding dinnerHootyDined on 5/17/2014Stng Ray was simply great . Julie was our wait staff person and she was superb. The food was excellent and the wine list extensive and deep. A great choice for dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vacation spotandreasiVIPDined on 4/24/2014We always go to stingray at least 2x when staying at the el conquistador. The fish never disappoints and the ambience is great. They offer the best options for kids, the traditional stuff you would expect plus they can half order anything on the menu which is great. Excellent halibut and lobster risotto.Special Features:
- ocean viewlatenightersVIPDined on 4/14/2014our third visit to the island and we just love this place in the hotel. great seafood and the view is grandSpecial Features:
- Great food prsentationDaveRVIPDined on 4/5/2014Had great seafood here....felt it was the only resturant that focused on food presentation! Loved the seafood and loved the soufle! Nice outdoor seating...perfect for us as we stayed in the Marina.Special Features:
- Enjoyable family meal at StingrayStoney76Dined on 3/30/2014If you have stayed at El Conquistador before as we have, you may know that the food on the resort is OK, but pricey. Stingray's food is great (I had the scallops...delish), definitely one of the best. Reco making a reservation here, along with Blossoms and Chopped if you enjoy steak. My 4 rating is just based on the price. The food is really good, just not as good as you'd hope given the cost (keeping in mind this is at a resort, and a Waldorf at that).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good view, bad expensive foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/28/2014The location and setting are great, but the food is very expensive and less that mediocre. Unfortunately, it's probably the best of the hotel restaurants. All are expensive with not great food. I wouldn't mind paying these prices if the food was at least above average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is the best restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2014This is the best restaurant at the El Conquistador Resort. The service was outstanding and everyone in our party enjoyed their food. The patio is wonderful outdoor dining overlooking the marina.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fast, Friendly, DeliciousJanetDined on 3/12/2014Our party of four was seated immediately due to having a reservation. I noticed other patrons without reservations waiting for tables. We ordered Seafood Bisque, Pear Salads, Octopus Appetizer, Lobster Tail and Shrimp Entrees. All of the food was fabulous! The service was quick and the waiter friendly. He was quick to ask if you needed anything else. This restaraunt is a bit pricey so if you are looking for a cheap meal, this isn't the place for you but I would definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.