Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort
940 Resort Drive
Roanoke, WV 26447Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonewallresort.com/
- Phone: (304) 269-8880
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paco Aceves
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for full service catering opportunities from our 4 Diamond Resort Staff.
- Private Party Facilities: Stonewall Resort offers private dining facilities and menus for small private meetings and socials up to 500 guests for your dining pleasures.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Steffich 3042698830
A word from Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort
Savor the finest traditional and regional cuisine, along with our very own New Appalachian creations. Prepared by our talented culinary staff, local game, fish and produce have never tasted better. When the weather is just right, enjoy patio dining lakeside amidst relaxing views of Stonewall Jackson Lake and the rolling hills of West Virginia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (27)special occasion (19)good for groups (17)romantic (14)great for brunch (12)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)great for outdoor dining (7)notable wine list (7)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great PlacedkwvufanDined on 11/19/2014Very nice Dinner, first time to Stillwaters- food was amazing and cooked to order. Staff was very friendly and waited on us well. Very enjoyable.Special Features:
- niceboomerDined on 11/10/2014Food was a buffet and it was just an average good. We know it was low season but come on we are still customers and your kitchen staff should provide a better level of freshness and quality. Overall it was a good.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/9/2014This place is perfect for a romantic dinner! Great food and service! Their breakfast buffet is also amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Dining????FineDining0Dined on 11/8/2014First, this place is so far from "fine dining" that I can't believe it doesn't get fined for referring to itself in that manner. Secondly, when we sat down the restaurant was barely half full and they could only give us one menu. We were told a second one would be given when available, but the never occurred, so we shared it. Lastly, and possibly most importantly, the service was horrendous! It took 25 minutes to get a glass of water and then it went downhill from there. I would absolutely not recommend this place.Special Features:
- Great BuffetsatisfiedDined on 11/7/2014The buffet is always excellent and our most recent experience didn't disappoint as great beef tenderloin, fresh vegetables and alluring desserts made this a pleasurable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday EveningBusinessTeacherDined on 11/7/2014It was very great for a Friday evening dinner. Our party age ranged from 3 to 93, and all the menu choices were very good. We were seated at a round table which generated great conversation opportunities. Thank you, for a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- Beautiful ViewOhiomitchDined on 10/23/2014You are definitely not at this resort for the food, but we were surprised that the food at an Arnold Palmer Golf course was not up to the standards one would expect at a country club. The view, live music and ambiance provided a good evening, non the less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- typical hotel foodWVyankeeDined on 10/16/2014Nice and clean restaurant but typical food service defrost and heat packaged dinner food. If you are into quantity there's always the buffet. Breakfast granola was very good. The Golf restaurant was extremely slow to get our dinner.Special Features:
- Great StaygibbyDined on 10/7/2014We enjoyed the layout of the lodge and the park. Fall is one of the most beautiful times of the year to be in the hills. The lodge was very beautiful and quiet. The Room was comfortable and clean. Will want to go back in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch OutdoorsIgnoredDined on 9/27/2014They were mainly empty. Service was terribly slow. Waitress bused all the dirty tables and put the dishes on a table next to us. She did ask us if everything was fine we said yes. We were in another dimension and surrounded by people who did not see us or know we were there. Food was good so that made up for the poor service. Waitress never asked us if we needed anything or how the food was. Outside of ordering the food and us asking her for a check we never saw her near our table. Got our own condiments give her credit for remembering silverware and napkins which we bet we would never get. Would have ordered more drinks and dessert but were not given a chance. Three tables was way to many for the two waitresses to handle at lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visit as good as the firstSometripDined on 9/25/2014First visited this restaurant three years ago and made a note to return if ever in the area. It was as good as I remembered as a beautiful resort, great service and food. A conference was going on but the crowd was not an issue. Outdoor dining is an option. So is a buffet. I had nice bisque for soup and a filet for entree. Both were delicious. Good wine by the glass selection. Leave some time to walk the resort. I was about one to two weeks away from fall colors. That would be gorgeous in that location.Special Features:
- Fabulousbca201Dined on 9/19/2014Food was outstanding & service excellent. The menu was so diverse with many choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinner vs breakfastladysadieDined on 9/13/2014Our first visit to Stillwater was for dinner which we had a reservation for at 7:00 pm. The hostess seated us upon arrival and we were greeted by our waitress who was quite engaging, her name was Alica, our service was great as well as our dinners. The next morning we went to Stillwaters for breakfast which didn't go as smooth as the previous evening. My wife opted for the Bread Pudding French Toast and I elected for the buffet. When I went to the buffet area many of the container were empty and at the omelet and waffle station was over loaded with orders and as hard as they tried the poor cooks just could not keep up. By the way after 1 hour the French toast still had not appeared and when it did it was cold and not edible.Special Features:
- EnergeticDeb76Dined on 8/30/2014Very noisy. Lots of children, but not necessarily kid friendly. We were put back in a corner and it was not the atmosphere we had experienced there beforeSpecial Features:
- ONE AND DONEFORGETABOUTITDined on 8/29/2014VERY OVER PRICED AND THE FOOD WAS POOR QUALITY!!!!!Special Features:
- Not Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Food was decent, service was amateurish! Atmosphere was like being in a diner vs. a nice restaurant. Had a menu to choose from but was mainly a limited buffet.Special Features:
- LouiseLuvtoeatDined on 8/23/2014Loved the pan seared scallops! The best I have had in years. We sat outside where it was quiet and the view was beautiful. Wine was excellent as was the service. Really enjoyed dinner at this restaurant.Special Features:
- BennyFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014We had a great meal. Our servers Cassie and Cassandra were outstanding. I would come back again.Special Features:
- Great food/poor service for a groupDiningDivaDined on 8/16/2014I booked Stillwater for a group dinner-8/16/14. 14 of us for a 7P reservation, I was told when I checked in to the hotel &went to check on my reservation that we would be seated together, there was a large area behind the hostess station she said we would be comfortable at & not mid-dining room. We arrived & there was a group of moms w/young children seated where I was told we would be seated. We were seated at 2 tables. The waitress was frazzled & informed us that she had both of our tables &3 others. She should not have shared this w/us AND the hostess should have assisted in tending to all of her tables,she did nothing. A beer was never delivered until we asked, she was not apologetic, the wait was long but the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not at all what we were expectingNeveragainDined on 8/5/2014Table next to buffet line! Are you kidding! We were expecting a upscale environment and got a glorified buffet environment. Noisy table singing happy birthday very loudly while drinking to the song. You need to change your discription of the restaurant online and don't sell it as upscale. Money wasted!!!!Special Features:
- Gluten FreedebbDined on 8/3/2014I was great. They only thing would be better is more options for Gluten Free selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The breakfast buffet is excellent. We loved the omelets made to order. The buffet had everything anyone would want. A great way to start the day. Also, had the dinner buffet, prime rib, chicken, pork loin, and shrimp and pasta dishes. A great selection for the money. Excellent rating on everything.Special Features:
- loyaldinerDined on 8/2/2014food was great on 8-2 but the vegatables were way to softSpecial Features:
- The following 144 reviews are from the Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort reviews archive.
- Stillwaters RestaurantWVRedCapDined on 8/2/2014I recently visited Stillwaters with friends. The food and service were great and we had a very enjoyable time. Everyone agreed they would be back. Also glad the resort offers lodging, spa, gift shop, boating and more. Can't remember ever feeling so relaxed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Food was excellent and the waitress was good however the time of order to delivery of food was lengthy which I attributed to a slow kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014our table was ready and nicely placed in front of the window over looking the lake. Our server was friendly and attentive. The food was very good and fairly priced. We were very pleased with our dinner. We will return to this resort next year for our family summer vacation and a ladies Spa weekend in the Spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience.notsonewlywedDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary at Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort. The food was excellent, and even though the restaurant was crowded, we still had a very enjoyable time. Thank you Stillwaters for providing a memorable moment that will last a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ViewpammieDined on 7/16/2014The service was great, attentive but not intrusive. The peach buckle, a cobbler made with cornmeal, was excellent, the right balance of fruit to sugar, not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet or Off the MenuhuskyfanDined on 7/5/2014The Buffet's both breakfast and dinner were fair, very bland, okay variety but nothing stunning. Waffles were gritty and undercooked. Breakfast off the menu was much better quality with obvious chef presentation. Dinner off the menu had great flavors and got to appreciate the culinary staff and their skills. The filet was wonderful and the dessert provided for my husbands birthday was outstanding. Order off the menu if you like quality food, I think it is all bland due to all the kids that are here with their parentsSpecial Features:
- Gem! Pet Friendly! Thumbs Up!LuvFromPittsburghDined on 7/4/2014We wanted to go away for a relaxing 4th of July weekend and Stonewall Resort was a perfect fit. +we could bring our little dog. This was our first visit to Stonewall Resort and we will definitely return. Friendly & helpful staff, clean room, nice pool & jacuzzi, fire pit, golf, boating, kayacking, biking, trails, all in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momdaughterdateDined on 6/28/2014breakfast and dinner buffets are awesome! and the desserts were to die for! the staff is excellent, friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- splendidinlovewiththeviewDined on 6/22/2014it was our first visit to th resort but it was a very good experience right from th location to the food to th service was splendid.. very friendly service!! i would definitley go back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentKateDined on 6/21/2014Took family from out of town. Always good experience. Wish it was closer. The food is always top notch. I am a pretty good cook and am usually disappointed when I eat out. But I have rarely been disappointed in Stillwaters. The seared scallops and risotto were excellent as was the lobster mac and cheese bake. The guys had the buffet which is like no other buffet I have experienced. The buffet included Top notch greens, soups, excellent salmon, carved beef, a fantastic twist on chicken dumpling dish, and an extensive dessert selection. Buffet option particularly useful if you are short on time. Restaurant is located on ground floor of the Resort / hotel with a view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful servicescaatyrsVIPDined on 6/20/2014Cafeteria style food at best. Employees were beyond fabulous. Do what they can with the food and dining area. Kids screaming. Would NEVER go back. You are locked in to this restaurant when you stay there. Gorgeous property. A real shame.Fabulous Property. Kids running crazy. No adult bar area/dining area. Kids screaming playing pool. Set standards. If you are catering to a Disney/sizzler family, then provide more for kids and own it.Special Features:
- A Special PlacelynndeebarDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I have been coming to Stillwaters for several years, mostly on special occasions. The staff on this visit was the friendliest we remember and the chef was very personable and accommodating. For celebrating an occasion or just for something memorable we can think of no other place to go in the this part of West Virginia that combine so many attributes...view...good food...and a very attractive and comfortable dining room.Special Features:
- Excellent BuffetConcertgoerPSODined on 6/8/2014I know...the word "buffet" makes you think of Chain restaurants and MSG. Not here. Locally grown, fresh, creative, nothing shirt of outstanding. All for the price if a single entree somewhere comparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-sosuumessageDined on 6/2/2014It's unfortunate that the only full-service restaurant at Stonewall just isn't very good. The menu choices are pretty good but the preparation is not. My seafood mac and cheese was way too salty. Rolls looked like underdone Brown'n' Serve, butter was almost melted. I didn't try the buffet. Meat and fish looked soggy. Our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- So helpful for disabled guestsKathyDined on 5/26/2014My family enjoyed our vacation because the staff were so kind. My 89 year old mother was in a wheelchair. I have MS and use a small scooter. Each time we arrived at Stillwaters Restaurant the staff helped us to be seated. The view looking out onto the beautiful lake and mountains is breathtaking. The selection of food is great and so good!Special Features:
- A great brunch for Mother's Day!MomsdayDined on 5/11/2014I highly recommend this place as a great getaway! My wife and daughter really enjoyed themselves and wished they could have had a ferry boat ride to top it all off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Breakfast 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014This makes the second year we've taken our large group of 10 family members to this restaurant for Mother's Day breakfast. The food was great, the waitress was helpful, and the ambience was lovely! Of course, I have to mention the view of the lake, which is always picturesque! We will be back for another Mother's Day breakfast next year, but my husband and I may be visiting sooner for a romantic dinner overlooking the lake.Special Features: