Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort
940 Resort Drive
Roanoke, WV 26447Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stonewallresort.com/
- Phone: 3042698880
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Daily: 6:30am - 10:30am; Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Executive Chef: Paco Aceves
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please contact us for full service catering opportunities from our 4 Diamond Resort Staff.
- Private Party Facilities: Stonewall Resort offers private dining facilities and menus for small private meetings and socials up to 500 guests for your dining pleasures.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Steffich 3042698830
A word from Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort
Savor the finest traditional and regional cuisine, along with our very own New Appalachian creations. Prepared by our talented culinary staff, local game, fish and produce have never tasted better. When the weather is just right, enjoy patio dining lakeside amidst relaxing views of Stonewall Jackson Lake and the rolling hills of West Virginia.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort - Best Restaurants in Roanoke ›
Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (37)great for brunch (22)great for outdoor dining (21)special occasion (21)good for groups (16)kid-friendly (16)great for lunch (12)romantic (8)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)hot spot (2)notable wine list (2)Show More
- EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Very noisy. Lots of children, but not necessarily kid friendly. We were put back in a corner and it was not the atmosphere we had experienced there beforeSpecial Features:
- ONE AND DONEOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014VERY OVER PRICED AND THE FOOD WAS POOR QUALITY!!!!!Special Features:
- Not Fine DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/24/2014Food was decent, service was amateurish! Atmosphere was like being in a diner vs. a nice restaurant. Had a menu to choose from but was mainly a limited buffet.Special Features:
- LouiseLuvtoeatDined on 8/23/2014Loved the pan seared scallops! The best I have had in years. We sat outside where it was quiet and the view was beautiful. Wine was excellent as was the service. Really enjoyed dinner at this restaurant.Special Features:
- BennyFoodloverDined on 8/23/2014We had a great meal. Our servers Cassie and Cassandra were outstanding. I would come back again.Special Features:
- Great food/poor service for a groupDiningDivaDined on 8/16/2014I booked Stillwater for a group dinner-8/16/14. 14 of us for a 7P reservation, I was told when I checked in to the hotel &went to check on my reservation that we would be seated together, there was a large area behind the hostess station she said we would be comfortable at & not mid-dining room. We arrived & there was a group of moms w/young children seated where I was told we would be seated. We were seated at 2 tables. The waitress was frazzled & informed us that she had both of our tables &3 others. She should not have shared this w/us AND the hostess should have assisted in tending to all of her tables,she did nothing. A beer was never delivered until we asked, she was not apologetic, the wait was long but the food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Gluten FreedebbDined on 8/3/2014I was great. They only thing would be better is more options for Gluten Free selectionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/3/2014The breakfast buffet is excellent. We loved the omelets made to order. The buffet had everything anyone would want. A great way to start the day. Also, had the dinner buffet, prime rib, chicken, pork loin, and shrimp and pasta dishes. A great selection for the money. Excellent rating on everything.Special Features:
- loyaldinerDined on 8/2/2014food was great on 8-2 but the vegatables were way to softSpecial Features:
- Stillwaters RestaurantWVRedCapDined on 8/2/2014I recently visited Stillwaters with friends. The food and service were great and we had a very enjoyable time. Everyone agreed they would be back. Also glad the resort offers lodging, spa, gift shop, boating and more. Can't remember ever feeling so relaxed.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Food was excellent and the waitress was good however the time of order to delivery of food was lengthy which I attributed to a slow kitchen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- friendly serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/20/2014our table was ready and nicely placed in front of the window over looking the lake. Our server was friendly and attentive. The food was very good and fairly priced. We were very pleased with our dinner. We will return to this resort next year for our family summer vacation and a ladies Spa weekend in the Spring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience.notsonewlywedDined on 7/19/2014My wife and I celebrated our 30th Wedding Anniversary at Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort. The food was excellent, and even though the restaurant was crowded, we still had a very enjoyable time. Thank you Stillwaters for providing a memorable moment that will last a lifetime.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Great ViewpammieDined on 7/16/2014The service was great, attentive but not intrusive. The peach buckle, a cobbler made with cornmeal, was excellent, the right balance of fruit to sugar, not too sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet or Off the MenuhuskyfanDined on 7/5/2014The Buffet's both breakfast and dinner were fair, very bland, okay variety but nothing stunning. Waffles were gritty and undercooked. Breakfast off the menu was much better quality with obvious chef presentation. Dinner off the menu had great flavors and got to appreciate the culinary staff and their skills. The filet was wonderful and the dessert provided for my husbands birthday was outstanding. Order off the menu if you like quality food, I think it is all bland due to all the kids that are here with their parentsSpecial Features:
- Gem! Pet Friendly! Thumbs Up!LuvFromPittsburghDined on 7/4/2014We wanted to go away for a relaxing 4th of July weekend and Stonewall Resort was a perfect fit. +we could bring our little dog. This was our first visit to Stonewall Resort and we will definitely return. Friendly & helpful staff, clean room, nice pool & jacuzzi, fire pit, golf, boating, kayacking, biking, trails, all in a beautiful setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momdaughterdateDined on 6/28/2014breakfast and dinner buffets are awesome! and the desserts were to die for! the staff is excellent, friendly and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- splendidinlovewiththeviewDined on 6/22/2014it was our first visit to th resort but it was a very good experience right from th location to the food to th service was splendid.. very friendly service!! i would definitley go back:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentKateDined on 6/21/2014Took family from out of town. Always good experience. Wish it was closer. The food is always top notch. I am a pretty good cook and am usually disappointed when I eat out. But I have rarely been disappointed in Stillwaters. The seared scallops and risotto were excellent as was the lobster mac and cheese bake. The guys had the buffet which is like no other buffet I have experienced. The buffet included Top notch greens, soups, excellent salmon, carved beef, a fantastic twist on chicken dumpling dish, and an extensive dessert selection. Buffet option particularly useful if you are short on time. Restaurant is located on ground floor of the Resort / hotel with a view of the lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special PlacelynndeebarDined on 6/15/2014My wife and I have been coming to Stillwaters for several years, mostly on special occasions. The staff on this visit was the friendliest we remember and the chef was very personable and accommodating. For celebrating an occasion or just for something memorable we can think of no other place to go in the this part of West Virginia that combine so many attributes...view...good food...and a very attractive and comfortable dining room.Special Features:
- Excellent BuffetConcertgoerPSODined on 6/8/2014I know...the word "buffet" makes you think of Chain restaurants and MSG. Not here. Locally grown, fresh, creative, nothing shirt of outstanding. All for the price if a single entree somewhere comparable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-sosuumessageDined on 6/2/2014It's unfortunate that the only full-service restaurant at Stonewall just isn't very good. The menu choices are pretty good but the preparation is not. My seafood mac and cheese was way too salty. Rolls looked like underdone Brown'n' Serve, butter was almost melted. I didn't try the buffet. Meat and fish looked soggy. Our waitress was very attentive.Special Features:
- So helpful for disabled guestsKathyDined on 5/26/2014My family enjoyed our vacation because the staff were so kind. My 89 year old mother was in a wheelchair. I have MS and use a small scooter. Each time we arrived at Stillwaters Restaurant the staff helped us to be seated. The view looking out onto the beautiful lake and mountains is breathtaking. The selection of food is great and so good!Special Features:
- A great brunch for Mother's Day!MomsdayDined on 5/11/2014I highly recommend this place as a great getaway! My wife and daughter really enjoyed themselves and wished they could have had a ferry boat ride to top it all off!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day Breakfast 2014OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014This makes the second year we've taken our large group of 10 family members to this restaurant for Mother's Day breakfast. The food was great, the waitress was helpful, and the ambience was lovely! Of course, I have to mention the view of the lake, which is always picturesque! We will be back for another Mother's Day breakfast next year, but my husband and I may be visiting sooner for a romantic dinner overlooking the lake.Special Features:
- outstandingHKM1Dined on 5/1/2014It is a great dining experience with the setting, view of the lake and woods, wonderful atmosphere, super service, and such a great facility with the beautiful entrance to the great room--excellent! And in addition the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 127 reviews are from the Stillwaters Restaurant at Stonewall Resort reviews archive.
- Loved the dinner buffetpeachpitDined on 4/26/2014There is a dinner buffet option with very unique dishes that I haven't seen at any other buffet offered at a finer restaurant. Some mains involved rabbit, salmon and lobster, pork and raspberries, plus prime rib (which I usually avoid ordering a whole plate of because I can never finish). The buffet is a little more expensive than some of the entrees, but considering the salad, variety of mains, and inclusion of dessert I found it very worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerfoodieDined on 4/26/2014I ordered the pan fried flounder with crab. It was more like deep fried as my plate was covered with grease. The asparagus was good. How ever the risotto was lacking flavor. It was very bland. My husband ordered the cheese tortellini and it was just ok. Nothing to brag about. The view was beautiful and the scenery breathtaking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buffet ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Enjoyed the buffet but the food stayed in the warmers to long and was on the dry side.Special Features:
- Gak72Dined on 4/20/2014Very good ... XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSpecial Features:
- Great Food and ServicephcollinsDined on 4/19/2014Stillwaters' varied menu does not disappoint. Great service, excellent food, good ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Breakfast - lacking serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/19/2014This was our second stay at Stonewall as well as second breakfast buffet at Stillwaters. The food was great as always!! However, the service was not up to par. The waitress seemed really lost and not able to function. We were promptly seated for our 8:30 a.m. reservation. It was about 10 minutes before she came to take our drink order and another 5-7 minutes before she returned with our drinks. She never cleared the table of the used dishes nor did she offer any refills. She made herself scarce to say the least. I even had to ask the hostess to please get our bill for us. (They were needing our table to seat others that were waiting) Overall, the food was great and there were good waitresses around us. I think we just got bad service.Special Features:
- State Park ChicSkipVIPDined on 4/1/2014Upscale restaurant in a nice state resort park. Good dinner buffet with wide range of choices, even on a weekday night. Service was excellent: attentive and friendly. Breakfast buffet also very good. Large room might be a little noisy when full but with only a few diners, it was quiet and great for conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite breakfast spotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/30/2014Stillwaters is my favorite breakfast spot! I have traveled for my job through several states and still rate Stillwaters the best! Love love love the granola ! The staff is welcoming, warm and friendly. I live less than 30 minutes away but love spending the night and enjoying all SJL and Stillwaters has to offer. I would recommend to couples families and friends of all ages. Relaxing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love StonewallDelishDined on 2/28/2014The whole experience was fabulous. The food always surprises, in a good way! Great selection. The staff is extremely friendly and accommodate needs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine WeekendMcLainDined on 2/15/2014Wait staff that were presented to us were not the best for such "upscale" environment but overall a delightful dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was seated next to kitchen,Luv2eatDined on 2/14/2014Was seated next to kitchen, would have preferred to be seated somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stillwaters great occasion choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I have dined at Stillwaters several time and always enjoy the experience. Good food and a warm, elegantly rustic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great New Year's EveConcertgoerPSODined on 12/31/2013The New Year's Eve Buffet was outstanding. Shrimp, clams, oysters to start. Then an incredible variety of meats, vegis, and desserts. Any day, however, Stillwaters offers quality. I highly recommend.Special Features:
- happy 2014HappydinerDined on 12/31/2013nice dinner on New Year's Eve, easy to make reservation online and table was waiting. staff very accommodating and friendly despite being busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.