1224 H Street NE
Washington, DC 20002Neighborhood:
H Street Corridor
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.stickyricedc.com/
- Phone: (202) 397-7655
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Asian
- Executive Chef: Matt Digangi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Order catering pans of any noodle dishes or your favorite sushi. Can accommodate large orders with sufficient notice.
- Private Party Facilities: Warm and friendly space with capacity for 100 people standing or 40 people seated. Various combinations of food offerings. We also have a chefs tasting table (Omakase) which is perfect for intimate gatherings of up to 10 people.
- Private Party Contact: Joey Belcher and Mark Groeschel 8776262050
- Entertainment: Tuesday Night Karaoke Speed Bingo (Blingo)Thursdays
A word from Sticky Rice
With its charming atmosphere and bad attitude you won"t find anything quite like it. Our specialty is our fresh sushi bar. With rolls like g.i.jane, shiitake happens and Godzirra, how could you go wrong? Our huge bowls of noodles will satisfy big and small. Sandwiches, large salads, and a selection of other entrees round out the menu. We also feature a kids menu! Don't forget the (soon to be famous) bucket of tater tots with our special tot sauce. Sticky Rice, established last century has been rolling on and on. Sticky Rice serves up an unusual mix of American, Pan-Asian entrees in a friendly, inexpensive and inviting atmosphere. Spring rolls, potstickers, sushi, noodles and edamame (steamed soy beans) are simple and standard. Lots of choices for vegans and vegetarians!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sticky Rice reviews from OpenTable diners
66 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (37)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (18)hot spot (16)late-night find (11)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (9)special occasion (7)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)great for outdoor dining (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- TOTS, TOTS, and more TOTSLinzyVIPDined on 11/14/2014The best thing at Sticky Rice is by far the tater tots with the special sauce. Nums. I'm not much of a sushi person but all of the food I've tried their is really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Won't ReturnTdineVIPDined on 11/6/2014I'm not a sushi eater so I found the menu to be very limited. Food quality was so-so & I ended up going to Popeyes which was next door. Just wasn't pleased. On a positive note the staff was very nice.
- Wonderful Sushi!TimDVIPDined on 11/1/2014This was my first time at Sticky Rice (why no points for reserving through open table??) but that aside, the sushi was delicious and I did have a great dining experience. The drinks were flavorful, but came half full in the mason jar which was disappointing for the price paid. Seemed like things were off at times throughout the evening via slow service, but it was a nice dinner. BTW - the tots are a must.Special Features:
- DisappointingILiveInTheTreesDined on 10/31/2014Had heard great things about sticky rice but was extremely disappointed upon eating here on October 31, 2014. The Szechuan shrimp noodle bowl was greasy and relatively flavorless and the shrimp breading was totally soggy. We also got 2 sushi rolls. They were fine in quality and taste but one was so loosely rolled it fell apart everywhere. Overall it felt like fast food b
- Good Vegan choiceslifeiscompassionDined on 10/30/2014We appreciate new discoveries like Sticky Rice for the very creative menu choices they keep on the menu. Well done, I can't imagine being bored with the menu for any food there let alone the Vegan portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodRyanDined on 10/28/2014The food was great, though it was surprisingly loud for a Tuesday night. Service was also a bit slow.Special Features:
- Fab fusion kitchenAmsterdamDined on 10/17/2014Soulfood meets Asian with a bite! Great atmosphere with very mixed crowd in upcoming hood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsJayuvaVIPDined on 10/17/2014I have been enjoying Sticky Rice for a few years now and it never disappoints. Drinks were good, service excellent, and food was hot and delicious. Out on a Friday night, with quick seating after making an open table reservation. Service was quick. Enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Sticky Ricenightout4uDined on 10/14/2014My experience at Sticky Rice was different and exciting. The Asian cuisine is very tasty. I ordered the Szechuan shrimp, and my husband ordered the Mongolian Beef. Both dishes were phenomenal. If you enjoy spicy food you will love the Szechuan shrimp dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- still good.artjamacVIPDined on 10/13/2014It's been awhile since I visit sticky rice. I had G.I Joe and my partner had G.I. Jane. We shared sticky wings (tangy sweet & sour) as appetizer. Good food. Good service. Will come again for happy hour.Special Features:
- DinneroutVIPDined on 10/11/2014The smoke alarm wasn't (really) their fault, but .... Forgetting one entree was... we got it when everybody else was completely finished. sigh. So much for showing my out of town family a good time.
- Love this place!!TruluckVIPDined on 10/10/2014Sticky Rice was recommended by a friend. It was definitely off the beaten tourist path. It was well worth the find. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Food awesome, service horribleank716Dined on 9/26/2014Unfortunately, what you've heard is true. Food is phenomenal, but service is awful. Fairly certain our server was under the influence. She spilled our food all over the table-- juices from lettuce wraps everywhere and pieces of sushi fell on the table. We were super nice about it, but she wasn't apologetic, didn't offer to bring a new roll, and came back with a sopping wet napkin to "clean it up." Oh, and when it came time to pay, she charged us for someone else's bill. I'll go back for the food, but fingers crossed for a different server next time... Or maybe we'll just order to-go.
- unique sushi and KILLER tots!SDN1Dined on 9/19/2014Such an interesting and eclectic sushi menu at a great price. You have to order the tater tots as an appetizer - the dipping sauce is outrageous!Special Features:
- Love the BowlsChrisMVIPDined on 9/18/2014i am not a huge fan of sushi but I love the noodle bowls.Special Features:
- Very Very goodPBGFOODIEDined on 9/14/2014the food here is really good-its somewhat surprising as its not a fancy place but man the food is spot on-Great Sushi and really great Bowls of Soba Noodles-I eat at alot of restaurants as I travel and this place would be a must for me again next time in DC.Special Features:
- VibrantLambDined on 9/13/2014Took GMU freshman niece, she was thrilled, so urbane not a chain. Sushi fresh delicious and vast selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Tale of 3 CitiesDarranDMVDined on 9/12/2014I'd already been to SR in Baltimore and Richmond; this was my first visit to the location in DC. It lived up to everything I love about Sticky Rice. The menu at this location is a bit more limited than the others but still has plenty to offer. They offer Sticky Wings (get on board Baltimore) in 3 delicious flavors (Richmond only has 2 sauces). If you're a meat eater I highly recommend these super crispy, tasty wings!! The huckleberry lemonade cocktail was dangerously delicious. The atmosphere and service is fun and funky - as one would expect at Sticky Rice. All 3 locations are VERY VERY vegetarian/vegan friendly. I highly recommend this restaurant for a delicious casual dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Godzirra is here!jrrrrbrrrrDined on 9/6/2014The Godzirra sushi roll is everything! Shrimp, avocado, cream cheese, crunchy things ... need I say more?! Fun, loud atmosphere. Great sake. Excellent sushi. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- always pleased with sticky ricesodakwizDined on 9/5/2014The menu is good all around but we really enjoy their vegetarian sushi options! Garden balls were especially great this time and don't forget to order tots! Decently easy to grab a reservation on short notice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud, poor serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014This restaurant is loud, poor service, food is mediocre. Had to ask several times to get appetizer; food did not come for all of our table at once.Special Features:
- GReAT Food, HORRIBLE ServiceyumyumyumDined on 8/22/2014Had a reservation for 7:30, and were seated promptly. It wasn't all that busy. Seemed like there were plenty of servers/bussers running around. No one even offered us water for the first 15 minutes. We had to flag someone down, and still waited. In the meantime confused servers/bussers came by twice trying to deliver food to our table - mind you we hadn't ordered anything yet and were still waiting for water. When we finally ordered, the food came quickly and it was delicious (sweet potato tots, shrimp salad, shrimp curry, and another noodle bowl). I'd go back for the food, but I'd sit at the bar or maybe on one of the lower levels to see if that gets more attention from the staff.Special Features:
- Pretty Good!FatmanJonseyDined on 8/16/2014The food and the atmosphere is usually pretty great though the Curry Fried Rice this time around was somewhat burnt (please keep an eye on this as Curry Fried Rice is one of my favorite dishes). The Yum Yum was stellar as always and the Tator Tots were perfectly golden brown. However, I was not pleased when other diners brought some loud and obnoxious kids to the facility and the server did not say anything to the parents. This can make for a very noisy experience on an otherwise quiet lunch date but this can also cause a server to drop their plates (which almost happened). Of note, it'd also be nice if the chairs had cushions or were a little more comfortable.Special Features:
- Good time for a party of 8n0000dlesDined on 8/15/2014Had a great time with a party of 8 on a Friday evening. We tried several different kinds of sushi and everyone really enjoyed their food. Our server was friendly and fun (John? I think?). He brought a complimentary dessert because he suspected it was a special occasion, and then brought a second one with a candle when we confirmed we were celebrating a birthday. He messed something up with splitting the bill in the end (which can be very hard to do with 8 people), but before we were aware of the problem he came up with a solution that included a discount and several drink tokens. It wasn't a big deal-- and we took those drink tokens to the bar after our meal and continued hanging out :-)Special Features:
- Terrible service!DCO3VIPDined on 8/12/2014I always like the food at Sticky Rice but the service is horrible. After waiting 10 minutes to be helped, the waiter took individual trips to do small things (get a drink, bring an appetizer to the neighboring table, get chopsticks, etc), frequently just hanging out in the back. It took nearly two hours for a table of 4 to have lunch when the restaurant was nearly entirely empty. The service is honestly some of the worst in the entire city - apparently they believe it is our privilege to eat there!
- Love this place.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014Our waiter Eric was appropriately attentive and helpful. The tater tots are an amazing sauce delivery device. Eclectic feel. Yummy sushi. The acoustics made for some loudness, but the noise level is not unbearable. Great place for lunch (and dinner). Less crowded for lunch :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LindsVIPDined on 8/1/2014Think fried food. Everything from the sushi to the apps are fried
- DabassVIPDined on 7/30/2014The martini lychee was so gooooooooooood!! and the my meal of mongolian beef and rice was great!Special Features:
- The following 468 reviews are from the Sticky Rice reviews archive.
- Surprisingly goodB4theaterVIPDined on 7/25/2014We ate at Sticky Rice before a Fringe performance at Atlas. The sushi was well prepared, fresh and very good. The signature bowls of noodles with other things were just okay. Nothing really wrong with them, just not on a par with the sushi. The tempura shrimp were basically just deep-fried shrimp. Again, okay, but not classic. The ambience was fairly basic and the music was on the loud side, but well worth it for the fresh fish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time as alwayskt331VIPDined on 7/24/2014Enjoyed trying a few new things and some favorites. Always have a good time at Sticky Rice!Special Features:
- Over RatedGenDiva712Dined on 7/22/2014I heard a lot about this place so I had very high expectations, sadly I was pretty disappointed overall. The sticky balls were good but everything else was just ok. It is clearly more about the hype and the location in downtown DC. There is way better sushi in Columbia and it's cheaper and more authentic.Special Features:
- Decent Food, Lousy ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/22/2014Horrible service. How do you forget to bring a child's food out?
- My new stapleyummytummyDined on 7/12/2014Very much enjoyed my visit here! It was my second time going. I was early to my reservation, but they sat us anyway. The tables were much too close together, and I was jammed up against someone at the table behind me. A larger person would have had difficulties. (Last visit I was in a booth - a much better experience). The music was turned up a bit loud downstairs, but that didn't trip us up badly. The food was very tasty - we got the nigiri combo and the salmon was super smooth and all the fish was a good temperature. Our waiter was outstanding. Very personable and attentive to our needs. The mango sticky rice for dessert was pretty decent, and my friend was happy with his pie from nearby partner Dangerously Delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in the serviceNEfoodieDined on 7/11/2014I always look forward to the food here, but was disappointed by the service during my most recent visit. Not only were we asked to move to another table after one dish was already served (we didn't end up moving because they were seating a group at the table the waitress asked us to move to) but then we repeatedly had to ask about the status of one of the signature rolls which was finally delivered to the table after the rest of the group was finished eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ThomasDined on 7/10/2014The wait staff and kitchen staff were out of synch. When our dinner arrived, half the order was missing. We had to request the missing items three times, and it took over an hour before they were delivered. The food was so-so, but did not live up to the expecations I had for the restaurant.
- Little place on the blockMoniqueDined on 6/28/2014It was a little small but luckily not too busy. I was advised to make reservations because sometimes the wait can be hours long. The portions were small but still filling. I shared a sushi roll (6 pieces) and a sesame chicken rice bowl with 1 other person. It was just enough food. Prices are great and I would definitely go back but only for lunch or an early dinner.Special Features:
- delicious!dcvgnDined on 6/26/2014Went here for my brother's birthday and everyone loved it -- there wasn't a dud appetizer or entree! Huge portions, nicely spiced, and a good amount of protein (so it's not all just noodles and rice). Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good staple on H streetOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/20/2014Sticky Rice has been around for a while on H street. Its a solid bet for a casual/quick dinner. Its quite casual, and food is good. Large menu, plenty of options. Sushi, noodle bowls etc. Food is good, portions are HUGE. We liked it, apart it being a bit too loud for easy conversation.Special Features:
- Neighborhood JapaneseBethesdaresidentVIPDined on 6/7/2014A neighborhood dive, Sticky Rice is far from being noteworthy Japanese fare. The sushi was fine, but not outstanding. Service was perfunctory with a bit of attitude. Decor is reminiscent of WWII's Tokyo Rose. I'd go often if I lived around the corner, otherwise there are better places to go for Japanese food and sushi.
- fun and deliciouscadc11VIPDined on 6/1/2014love this place! snap, crackle, pop roll is so, so good.Special Features: