Sticky Rice - Baltimore
1634 Aliceanna St
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Sticky Rice - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bmoresticky.com/
- Phone: 4436828243
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Order catering pans of any noodle dishes or your favorite sushi. Can accommodate large orders with sufficient notice.
- Entertainment: Tuesday Night Karaoke Speed Bingo (Blingo)Thursdays
A word from Sticky Rice - Baltimore
With its charming atmosphere and bad attitude you won"t find anything quite like it. Our specialty is our fresh sushi bar. With rolls like g.i.jane, shiitake happens and Godzirra, how could you go wrong? Our huge bowls of noodles will satisfy big and small. Sandwiches, large salads, and a selection of other entrees round out the menu. We also feature a kids menu! Don"t forget the (soon to be famous) bucket of tater tots with our special tot sauce. Sticky Rice, established last century has been rolling on and on. Sticky Rice serves up an unusual mix of American, Pan-Asian entrees in a friendly, inexpensive and inviting atmosphere. Spring rolls, potstickers, sushi, noodles and edamame (steamed soy beans) are simple and standard. Lots of choices for vegans and vegetarians!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Sticky Rice - Baltimore - Best Restaurants in Fells Point ›
Sticky Rice - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
61 reviews since April 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)fit for foodies (27)good for groups (20)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for lunch (15)late-night find (12)great for outdoor dining (11)kid-friendly (7)special occasion (6)romantic (5)great for brunch (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Sad they got rid of their vegetable tempura. It was the best we have ever had and we always stop by when in town to get it.
- Great food and service!MattDined on 8/13/2014We had a great dinner and thank you for the fantastic service. I will definitely be returning again and recommending to friends! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014Love this place, but food was sub-par on this particular visit. The chicken bites appetizer was a joke - both the portion size and the quality left a lot to be desired. We'll be back...Guessing this was just an off-night for the kitchen. Won't ever get the chicken app again though.Special Features:
- Great food, unique atmospheredrazillizardDined on 8/10/2014Food was excellent and reasonably priced, although the one roll was small, but our server warned us in advance. Atmosphere is distinctly "Baltimore bar": lots of drawing on the walls, ecclectic music, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/6/2014The sushi was good and the curry fried rice with chicken was awesome!!! The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. We would love to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no one ever waited on usMrsSDined on 8/1/2014We were sat right away when we got to the restaurant but after 20 mins several wait staff had passed our table and never stopped. The hostess was very nice and brought us water and kept apologizing that no one had come to us but after 20 mins we left.
- Afternoon DateneighborhoodfunDined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful afternoon with or daughter. For was prompt and tasteful, prices were good, and drinks were great. We are new to Baltimore and now have a go-to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical sushi experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2014I was definitely surprised by the atmosphere, when I first walked into Sticky Rice...it definitely felt more like a typical bar in Fells Point rather than an Asian restaurant. The menu is large, the service and kitchen are slow, the food was fine...a little pricey for the food just being fine.Special Features:
- Great FoodGriffVIPDined on 7/19/2014Don't know what it is about something as simple as tater tots, but I love tots at Sticky Rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodValentineDined on 7/19/2014This place has awesome food and drinks. Gluten free and Vegetarian/Vegan optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi selectionBillVIPDined on 7/18/2014I suspect that at night it is mostly part of the Fells Point bar scene, but we had a great sushi lunch experience and will likely do it again and again.Special Features:
- always greatakslDined on 7/9/2014i love the atmosphere of sticky rice. the hipsters, the slightly off track sushi, the random crowd of customers. the service was quick and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & Cheap!HaveBabysitterWillEatOutDined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed the sushi and a delicious burger while taking my wife out. Our server was very positive about the place and took the time to answer questions and chat about the food. Prices were reasonable. Not a pretentious sushi bar, but the quality was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place!FoodLover831Dined on 7/1/2014I decided to give this place a try with my sister who loves sushi. I have only tried sushi twice (cooked stuff only, nothing raw) and wasn't crazy about it. There were so many sushi options that looked good on the Sticky Rice menu so I decided to try again. We had the Godzirra roll and I really liked it! I also had a spinach salad and tots that were also good. I definitely will go back to try some other kinds of sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been here beforeCaliVIPDined on 6/29/2014As I love sushi and I like the different ambiance and variety of food, I continue to return. The only downside to Sticky Rice is the service. I have never had good service. The good food keeps me going back there. Sticky Rice get better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan ApprovedDarranDMVDined on 6/28/2014I was hosting an out-of-town friend who is vegan. When I showed her some menus of options in Baltimore, she immediately chose Sticky Rice, which I'd hoped she would. I first fell in love with Sticky Rice when I lived in Richmond and was anxious to see if the Baltimore location shared the same tradition of great food... it did!!! She was impressed with the number of creative vegan options available to her. She was even more impressed with the quality of the food. Our one mistake, perhaps, was ordering the bucket of tots. They are delicious but there are SO MANY tots that my friend didn't get to sample as much food as I'd wanted her to. Maybe next time. Now I need to visit the DC location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Poor service with overly stretched server. Orders wrong, food not nearly as good as it used to be. Sashimi dinner was particularly small...
- Double Date NightAllanDined on 5/31/2014My fiance and I double dated with some friends at Sticky Rice last Saturday and it was a great spot. The staff was friendly, the beer decently priced and the food was great. There's plenty of indoor and outdoor (sidewalk) seating with a surprisingly large bar. You should definitely try the sweet potato tots app with the sweet ranch dip...not typically on a sushi menu but worth while. We'll be coming back soon!Special Features:
- Nice for Date NightGreat8Dined on 5/30/2014My boyfriend and I had a nice time. Great place for date night. Are server had a ten top which made it hard for her to provide full service but she got her fellow team members to help and assured us she cared. Her name is Sundy. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!sushiloveVIPDined on 5/29/2014Never have anything bad to say about this place. Service is good, never too attentive and always friendly. Sushi is always delicious. And the little alcove is our favorite place to sit and play games while eating dinner.
- great experienceSharkyDined on 5/24/2014Been to Sticky Rice bunches of times but I think I finally hit on the formula for maximum enjoyment: be tipsy before you get there, and don't hold back when you order. Usually I'm all diet-conscious or money-conscious, but this time my best friend and I got the Sticky Balls (fattening) and the Omakase for two (expensive), and it was the ideal order. The fish in the Omakase was so fresh and the Sticky Balls are rich and crunchy perfection. Also, they were playing hits of the 80s on their satellite radio station, so being tipsy made us excited about every single song.Special Features:
- jojoVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food wasn't as good as it has been in past visits but it could have been what we picked.
- Cool Food, okay serviceKayteeDined on 5/4/2014Went with a group of friends on a Sunday night, made a reservation but we wouldn't have needed it. Food was great, we sampled a bunch of different sushi rolls and the bucket of tots. Service was mostly ok, but our waitress dissapaeared for a while and we were out of drinks. Good experience all things considered, would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good egan ChoicesRobinDined on 4/27/2014My daughter is Vegan and the menu is clearly written to show choice for all members of our family. Very good.Special Features:
- Great foodFeasorsDined on 4/26/2014Sticky Rice has great food and an excellent beer and sake list. Try the sweet potato tots. Terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 190 reviews are from the Sticky Rice - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Great Sushi Find!KerriVIPDined on 4/19/2014My husband and I go out at least once a month for sushi. This month, we decided to drive into the city from the suburbs to try something new. We were thrilled with this new (to us) find. Although we had reservations, we decided to sit at the sushi bar. The sushi chefs were very nice to talk to and answered any questions that we had. The sashimi tray was fresh and delicious. And we also tried a couple of the specialty roles. Everything looked so tasty (and wonderfully creative) on the menu, we will definitely be back to try something else newSpecial Features:
- Great Birthday!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014My family came in from out of town so I brought them to my favorite restaurant. The server was friendly and the food was amazing. The waitstaff was even very accommodating to my toddler aged nephew. A wonderful experience and Sticky Rice will remain to be my go to place.Special Features:
- Great menu...Colmar182Dined on 4/18/2014Something for everyone. Try the fried cheesecake, yes, the fried cheesecake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mahjonggjudyVIPDined on 4/18/2014Very disappointing! The place was shabby and to me had an odor. I was looking forward to the sushi with lobster that you dipped in drawn butter...but alas, the lobster part was miniscule and was not worth the $14.99 that I paid for it! The rest of my party had a noodle bowl and said it was okay and the hamburger which was dry but edible. Oh yes, I also ordered tofu bites and they were like dry toast...not what I expected at all! I will say our waitress and the rest of the workers were a pleasant bunch. Sorry, but I won't be returning.
- Good foodBr0wnP4nd4Dined on 4/3/2014Just went here the other day for lunch and I thought the sushi was excellent. Most places when you get a spicy tuna roll for example the roll won't actually be spicy. This was not the case here. They had some kick behind them and I loved it. The tots were good and I can't complain about the food. The service was ok, a little slow but not necessarily the waitress' fault. It seemed like she was the only one working the lunch crowd and it was fairly busy. Overall a good experience and will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- From Sushi to a Pot-o-Tater TotsDivadeborahDined on 3/31/2014Sticky Rice Baltimore fits right into the "vibe" that is Fells Point. The eclectic décor and music welcomes those who are looking for the funkier side of sushi. However, don't let the funkiness mislead you to believe that the food would be slightly off...nothing could be further from the truth. Their choices of sushi, sashimi, vegetarian options and appetizers are all delicious and fresh...there's even something for those of you who are afraid of sushi! Don't forget to enjoy the cocktails. My favorite has the candied ginger as the garnish!Special Features:
- LOVE IT!!ChefElleDined on 3/23/2014The food is always fresh and Shrimp wraps I ordered was so good!Special Features:
- Great find!lishmoDined on 3/8/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my experience at Sticky Rice. The waitress was great, explaining the various kinds of sushi and was able to recommend one that I loved! I did try the well known sweet potato tots and I was less than impressed, but the rest of the experience made up for that.. I mean, they played Futurama on all of the TVs.. it doesn't get much better than that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very hipsterMMilesDined on 2/27/2014Sticky Rice is a great sushi spot in downtown Baltimore. The menu offers unique options that a friend of mine called "hipster sushi." It is a little pricey though and the service could be a bit more attentive.Special Features:
- Great for Vegetarians!MelissaJDined on 2/15/2014Lots of veggie options. Everything tasted great. The Garden Balls were one of the best things I have ever eaten!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014I have been to Sticky Rice before for drinks, but this was my first time for the food. They always have great drinks - the sangria always hits the spot here. I got some sushi and edamame, and it was some of the best I've ever had. The food was fresh and delicious, even on a busy holiday (Valentine's Day).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining OutDining4FunDined on 2/14/2014Good Atmosphere, Good vibes throughout, great customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Menubeergeek410Dined on 2/1/2014They definitely don't offer the same old Sushi menu you see everywhere, it's very creative and the food is amazing. It's a great place to stop in for a drink at the bar or a quick snack. Great service.Special Features:
- Unique selectionCitygurlDined on 1/17/2014Whether you are vegan or love meat, there is a varitey of choices. There is also a wide selection if drink choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun NightKrissyDined on 1/17/2014We love the variety on the menu at Sticky Rice. It is not your run of the mill sushi place: it has a unique flare!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.