Sticky Rice - Baltimore
1634 Aliceanna St
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
Pan-AsianPrice: $30 and under
Sticky Rice - Baltimore
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.bmoresticky.com/
- Phone: (443) 682-8243
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Pan-Asian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: Order catering pans of any noodle dishes or your favorite sushi. Can accommodate large orders with sufficient notice.
- Entertainment: Tuesday Night Karaoke Speed Bingo (Blingo)Thursdays
A word from Sticky Rice - Baltimore
With its charming atmosphere and bad attitude you won"t find anything quite like it. Our specialty is our fresh sushi bar. With rolls like g.i.jane, shiitake happens and Godzirra, how could you go wrong? Our huge bowls of noodles will satisfy big and small. Sandwiches, large salads, and a selection of other entrees round out the menu. We also feature a kids menu! Don"t forget the (soon to be famous) bucket of tater tots with our special tot sauce. Sticky Rice, established last century has been rolling on and on. Sticky Rice serves up an unusual mix of American, Pan-Asian entrees in a friendly, inexpensive and inviting atmosphere. Spring rolls, potstickers, sushi, noodles and edamame (steamed soy beans) are simple and standard. Lots of choices for vegans and vegetarians!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Sticky Rice - Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
59 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (23)good for groups (13)great for lunch (13)hot spot (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (11)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (4)romantic (3)special occasion (1)Show More
- DNNfromParktonVIPDined on 11/22/2014Sticky Rice is my favorite sushi in Baltimore - I keep going back. I'm especially pleased with the noted vegan options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good tempura sushi!VerneneVIPDined on 11/18/2014This is in an old bar. Although the Asian food, especially sushi, is freshly made and delicious, the staff is not Asian nor is the decor. Enjoy the place for what it IS! In the heart of Fells Point, it is easy to find and the place lends itself to totally casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatLadycloudbottomDined on 11/4/2014I've been to sticky rice a number of times and usually really like it. They have a great selection of dishes that meet just about any dietary restrictions. This visit they were out of a lot of items. The service was slow even though the restaurant was not very full. Still good food and atmosphere, so I'll keep coming.Special Features:
- improvementCaliVIPDined on 10/17/2014The service was quick and attentive. Much better than the previous time. Let's hope they continue the path forward. Yay sticky rice.Special Features:
- Enjoyable dining experienceSlothsrockDined on 10/17/2014Bought a "living social" coupon for dinner. Ordered some apps and a Japanese style crab cake. It was all very tasty, well portioned, and relaxed. I had a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming SpotvimamacitaDined on 10/10/2014Sushi was tasty, fresh..great atmosphere for date night or girls night out.Special Features:
- MehAford48Dined on 10/9/2014Went here for the first time on Thursday, had heard a lot about it. Got there and was seated right away in this tiny separate room without windows called "the church" away from everyone else when the dining room was empty. Server was okay, didn't add anything spectacular, just took orders and delivered food. The apps were great.. Edemame and potstickers, but that's hard to mess up. My husbands noodle bowl was good as he put it, but my sushi roll (Drawn & Buttered) was quite possibly the most bland thing I have ever eaten. Just crab, tempura shrimp and cucumber. The seaweed wrapper was on the outside making it really chewy. The dipping garlic butter... Bland as well, I was longing for a spicy sauce or anything for that matter.
- Favorite sushi spot in Baltimore!GenuinelyTinaDined on 10/8/2014I can't count how many times I've ordered food from or dined in with Sticky Rice, and I've never been disappointed. Not only does Sticky Rice offer a wide variety of appetizers, sushi rolls, or other items- but everything is fresh and delicious. My friends and I always order the bucky-o tots and the Gouchland roll is one of my all-time favorites. They also have a well stocked bar! I highly recommend Sticky Rice. :)Special Features:
- It was okFoodforthoughtDined on 10/4/2014It's a trendy little neighborhood spot, very hipster. The sushi was ok. Not terrible, but not noteworthy and what is with all the cream cheese??!! Almost every roll involves cream cheese. We ordered 3 and had to request no cream cheese. I have eaten a lot of sushi in a lot of places and this certainly wasnt the worst but definitely not memorable.Special Features:
- The Godzirra RollChristinaDined on 9/30/2014is amazing. I can't get anything else when I go... no matter how much I want to try the other things. It's So0ooo delicious! Service is a little slow sometimes, but not enough that it would make me complain.Special Features:
- Well doneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/18/2014We were in a bit of a hurry and although we waited a few minutes for anyone to come greet us, once our server made it, she was very good at seeing that we were able to get our food in a timely fashion. Everything we ordered was fresh and tasty! We will definitely return!
- Always greatJazzFesterDined on 9/9/2014When the weather's nice you can sit out on the sidewalk. Creative rolls, try the Baltimore Balls or Sticky BallsI would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent little spot...CautiousDinerDined on 9/1/2014A bit small/tight inside. However, the service and food were both above average. I would definitely go back as well as recommend to a friend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good use of "Friends"incidentalmusicDined on 8/31/2014I love that the old bar, Friends, became Sticky Rice! Great original Maki dishes and fantastic noodles. It has become a regular favorite. It can be insanely busy somewhat randomly so even at odd hours my wife and I have started to make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot for sushuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Sushi and bar area were pretty cool. Hard to get reservation on the weekend but great spot during the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great asina fusionValentineDined on 8/22/2014Awesome place. Great food. Good cocktails. Good for Gluten free/Vegetarian optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food. Sad they got rid of their vegetable tempura. It was the best we have ever had and we always stop by when in town to get it.
- Great food and service!MattDined on 8/13/2014We had a great dinner and thank you for the fantastic service. I will definitely be returning again and recommending to friends! Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/12/2014Love this place, but food was sub-par on this particular visit. The chicken bites appetizer was a joke - both the portion size and the quality left a lot to be desired. We'll be back...Guessing this was just an off-night for the kitchen. Won't ever get the chicken app again though.Special Features:
- Great food, unique atmospheredrazillizardDined on 8/10/2014Food was excellent and reasonably priced, although the one roll was small, but our server warned us in advance. Atmosphere is distinctly "Baltimore bar": lots of drawing on the walls, ecclectic music, etc.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantTillmoore2014VIPDined on 8/6/2014The sushi was good and the curry fried rice with chicken was awesome!!! The atmosphere was nice and relaxing. We would love to come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- no one ever waited on usMrsSDined on 8/1/2014We were sat right away when we got to the restaurant but after 20 mins several wait staff had passed our table and never stopped. The hostess was very nice and brought us water and kept apologizing that no one had come to us but after 20 mins we left.
- Afternoon DateneighborhoodfunDined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful afternoon with or daughter. For was prompt and tasteful, prices were good, and drinks were great. We are new to Baltimore and now have a go-to place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not your typical sushi experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/28/2014I was definitely surprised by the atmosphere, when I first walked into Sticky Rice...it definitely felt more like a typical bar in Fells Point rather than an Asian restaurant. The menu is large, the service and kitchen are slow, the food was fine...a little pricey for the food just being fine.Special Features:
- The following 207 reviews are from the Sticky Rice - Baltimore reviews archive.
- Great FoodGriffVIPDined on 7/19/2014Don't know what it is about something as simple as tater tots, but I love tots at Sticky Rice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome foodValentineDined on 7/19/2014This place has awesome food and drinks. Gluten free and Vegetarian/Vegan optionsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good sushi selectionBillVIPDined on 7/18/2014I suspect that at night it is mostly part of the Fells Point bar scene, but we had a great sushi lunch experience and will likely do it again and again.Special Features:
- always greatakslDined on 7/9/2014i love the atmosphere of sticky rice. the hipsters, the slightly off track sushi, the random crowd of customers. the service was quick and great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good & Cheap!HaveBabysitterWillEatOutDined on 7/2/2014Enjoyed the sushi and a delicious burger while taking my wife out. Our server was very positive about the place and took the time to answer questions and chat about the food. Prices were reasonable. Not a pretentious sushi bar, but the quality was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Place!FoodLover831Dined on 7/1/2014I decided to give this place a try with my sister who loves sushi. I have only tried sushi twice (cooked stuff only, nothing raw) and wasn't crazy about it. There were so many sushi options that looked good on the Sticky Rice menu so I decided to try again. We had the Godzirra roll and I really liked it! I also had a spinach salad and tots that were also good. I definitely will go back to try some other kinds of sushi!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- been here beforeCaliVIPDined on 6/29/2014As I love sushi and I like the different ambiance and variety of food, I continue to return. The only downside to Sticky Rice is the service. I have never had good service. The good food keeps me going back there. Sticky Rice get better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan ApprovedDarranDMVDined on 6/28/2014I was hosting an out-of-town friend who is vegan. When I showed her some menus of options in Baltimore, she immediately chose Sticky Rice, which I'd hoped she would. I first fell in love with Sticky Rice when I lived in Richmond and was anxious to see if the Baltimore location shared the same tradition of great food... it did!!! She was impressed with the number of creative vegan options available to her. She was even more impressed with the quality of the food. Our one mistake, perhaps, was ordering the bucket of tots. They are delicious but there are SO MANY tots that my friend didn't get to sample as much food as I'd wanted her to. Maybe next time. Now I need to visit the DC location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/22/2014Poor service with overly stretched server. Orders wrong, food not nearly as good as it used to be. Sashimi dinner was particularly small...
- Double Date NightAllanDined on 5/31/2014My fiance and I double dated with some friends at Sticky Rice last Saturday and it was a great spot. The staff was friendly, the beer decently priced and the food was great. There's plenty of indoor and outdoor (sidewalk) seating with a surprisingly large bar. You should definitely try the sweet potato tots app with the sweet ranch dip...not typically on a sushi menu but worth while. We'll be coming back soon!Special Features:
- Nice for Date NightGreat8Dined on 5/30/2014My boyfriend and I had a nice time. Great place for date night. Are server had a ten top which made it hard for her to provide full service but she got her fellow team members to help and assured us she cared. Her name is Sundy. I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Great!sushiloveVIPDined on 5/29/2014Never have anything bad to say about this place. Service is good, never too attentive and always friendly. Sushi is always delicious. And the little alcove is our favorite place to sit and play games while eating dinner.
- great experienceSharkyDined on 5/24/2014Been to Sticky Rice bunches of times but I think I finally hit on the formula for maximum enjoyment: be tipsy before you get there, and don't hold back when you order. Usually I'm all diet-conscious or money-conscious, but this time my best friend and I got the Sticky Balls (fattening) and the Omakase for two (expensive), and it was the ideal order. The fish in the Omakase was so fresh and the Sticky Balls are rich and crunchy perfection. Also, they were playing hits of the 80s on their satellite radio station, so being tipsy made us excited about every single song.Special Features:
- jojoVIPDined on 5/10/2014The food wasn't as good as it has been in past visits but it could have been what we picked.
- Cool Food, okay serviceKayteeDined on 5/4/2014Went with a group of friends on a Sunday night, made a reservation but we wouldn't have needed it. Food was great, we sampled a bunch of different sushi rolls and the bucket of tots. Service was mostly ok, but our waitress dissapaeared for a while and we were out of drinks. Good experience all things considered, would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good egan ChoicesRobinDined on 4/27/2014My daughter is Vegan and the menu is clearly written to show choice for all members of our family. Very good.Special Features: