Steveston Seafood House
3951 Moncton St.
Richmond, BC V7E 3A7Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: CAN$30 and under
Steveston Seafood House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.stevestonseafoodhouse.com/
- Phone: 6042715252
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Executive Chef: Sushila Narain
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Room available for private functions for up to 60 people for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
- Private Party Contact: Shane Dagan 6042715252
- Cross Street: No 1 Road
- Public Transit: Take the 402, 407 or 410 from the Richmond Centre Mall. From downtown, take the 98 b line to Richmond Mall and transfer. From your hotel, ask your concierge.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Ample free Parking right in front of the Restaurant.
A word from Steveston Seafood House
In the historic fishing village of Steveston. West Coast Seafood at it's finest. "Superb seafood as fresh as any that could be caught on the docks...served up with finesse" Pacific Northwest Magazine. Voted best seafood restaurant in Richmond 10 years in a row.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Steveston Seafood House - Best Restaurants in Richmond ›
Steveston Seafood House reviews from OpenTable diners
45 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)neighborhood gem (18)romantic (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (7)notable wine list (3)late-night find (1)great for outdoor dining (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Exceptional food and servicebesteverDined on 8/26/2014Everything about our experience, the drinks, the appetizer, the main course and dessert were all exceptional. The service was as well. We were there for a special occasion , wedding anniversary, and we shall return in one year's time.Special Features:
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014While the food is good and well served, neither it nor the ambiance is worth the inflated prices.
- Impeccable ServiceEatinVanCityDined on 8/16/2014Had a lovely evening. Food was good. Chowder was unbelievably good. Service was fast & efficient. Overall a nice dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Food was great, and the music was particularly good. Unfortunately it was an exceptionally quiet evening, so we were practically the only people in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sablefishjennyleeDined on 8/11/2014Sablefish and smoked black cod were amazing. Appetizer sampler was overpriced. Shared a delicious piece of apple pie. Overall, we very much enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mmmmm....fresh seafood!WannabeafoodieDined on 8/9/2014From the time we arrived we were welcomed by their wonderful staff. Everyone from our wonderful server, to the hostess, etc. were fantastic. As for the food, yum! We shared the appy platter for two ( shrimp two ways, scallops, tuna tartare, lox, and calamari). Excellent all round. For entrees I had the mighty fraser ( filet topped with seafood) and my partner had the seafood fettuccine ( fresh and not too heavy a sauce). Wine list was small but well thought-out. Very quiet atmosphere, perfect for a romantic evening meal where you actually want to be able to hear one another. We will return if we are in the area again, and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For fish loversFOLKEDined on 8/2/2014If you crave fish this is the place to visit. The menu is not extensive, but what is offered is in good taste and well prepared. The daily specials (at least on weekends) are creative and delicious.Special Features:
- AwesomeSeefoodcatchDined on 7/29/2014We have been going to the St,eveston Seafood House since it opened in 1978. There have been many changes over the years, but the service and food have always remained their highest priority. Our visit the other night was no exception. The current owner and staff pay great attention to each diner and the kitchen produces some of the best seafood dishes around. Congratulation to the Steveston Seafood House!Special Features:
- A simply classy happy experienceKewljimDined on 7/28/2014Our family chose Steveston Seafood House to celebrate a birthday. We loved the understated classiness, from the elegantly simple menu to the well-timed service to the entrees that we savored leisurely—to do them justice and to attend to happy conversation too. We appreciated that the menu was Ocean Wise as far as possible and that thoughtfulness was also natural toward us people. When we kept chatting away after paying the bill, the server kept pleasantly refilling the water glasses, and I’ve just realized that the air conditioning was ideal too. A long time ago, in our previous visit to Steveston Seafood House, we enjoyed the experience, so we expected that again. As it turned out, it all came together to exceed our expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HewieDined on 7/19/2014If you enjoy seafood then this is the place for you. Good friendly service coupled with excellent food makes for a good restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014We took our friends from Phoenix AZ. for dinner as they were staying at the Fairmount Airport hotel and wanted something reasonably close. We were early for our reservation but they seated us imediatley and dinner was very good. It was our first time visiting this restauant but we will returnI would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre and OverpricedWonderingViewDined on 7/6/2014Upon entering the restaurant, the ambiance was set and it was cute and romantic. Very few diners. Service was okay. My Blackened Halibut was dry and overcooked. A bit of hardened rice and too much garnish which took over half of the plate, compared to the fish. Not worth $28. The Garry Point dish was also disappointing as it had the same rice and garnish and a small mixture of seafood swimming in cream sauce. Fresh oysters were mushy and warm, not chilled. The oysters didn't come with anything else but Tabasco sauce and Lea and Perrins. I really wished the food and our experience was better. I'm sorry but I would not recommend nor would I return.Special Features:
- JoeyDined on 7/5/2014We decided to go for the 7 course tasting menu. Portions were just right size and very good.Special Features:
- homechefhomechefDined on 6/29/2014No need for reservations, very quiet! We have visited every year for the past forty, many favourites still on the menu, some not, too bad!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBlueDined on 6/28/2014First time here. We were there for a early Saturday dinner so it was quiet when we first arrived. The service was great. Our waitress was very patient while we study the menu. They cleared out the dirty plates promptly and checked our food and drinks frequently. When we left the restaurant it was busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot in a quaint towndonaheadDined on 6/26/2014The Steveston Seafood House lived up to its reputation of being a great spot with fantastic food. The prices are exceptional for the meals you get. It will not disappoint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimjamDined on 6/25/2014Our experience at your restaurant was very good for the most part. The service was excellent as was the food. The people at the next table were rather noisy but there isn't much anyone can do about that as they certainly weren't being obnoxious. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to others.Special Features:
- RichmonditeDined on 6/24/2014We've been twice this year, for special occasions and have have very good meals both times.Special Features:
- A seafood house without lobsterSeafoodloverDined on 6/20/2014We ordered 24 raw oysters, very tasty.... But cost 66 dollars.....ordered a medley of seafood as entree, it came in a soup form in a bowl the size of a cereal bowl.... 26 dollars... We the waiter brought the entree he actually split it onto 2 plates for us to share, in which was nice of him.... I said to him, thanks for doing that , he says, this isn't my first time doing this.... I was shocked, .. We would normally have stay to have several other dishes to split along with wine... But his arrogance was a turn off. So we left.... Also , there was only 1 other table for 2 at the restaurant. They sat us 2 feet away from them. Why does this happen so often..... Disappointing ...Special Features:
- Good Food and Fun!LoveGoodFoodDined on 6/11/2014Up scale dinning at its best! The waiter was great and the support staff were quick to refill your water glass, take away dirty dishes etc. There is no view to speak of as the restaurant is on a main street in Steveston but the room was pleasant and the noise level quiet and reserved. The food is the main attraction. My wife had Wild Salmon and I had the Filet Mignon with peppercorn sauce and a skewer of prawns and scallops. The vegetables were nicely done and the whole meal was about the right portion for a moderate eater. We finished with my wife having New York Cheese cake and I had Chocolate Mousse with a decaf coffee. Probably more than we should have had but it was rich and delicious. All in all a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Seafood FindRottoDined on 5/19/2014Coming from Alberta it is always nice to find a good seafood restaurant. The appetizer platter was generous and a great way to start the meal, with lots to sample from. The main courses were generous portions and tasty. Our server was very friendly and attentive and was especially good to our boys, who were extremely pleased and grateful for the complementary cheesecake he brought them at the end. Would certainly recommend and return if in the area.Special Features:
- Excellent seafood here!OldIrishDined on 5/16/2014On our annual trip to the Vancouver area, we stay in Richmond and visit Steveston periodically. We have reason to visit more often now that we found this place! We found everything from starters, entrees, to dessert to be fantastic and well prepared. We had the Garry Point and Mighty Fraser filet topped with crab. Superb!Special Features:
- Great for seafood...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014This place does have great seafood but if your looking for something not seafood, well... let's just say if you're going to a seafood restaurant, you should be going to order seafood. The rest of their menu is just ok if you do happen to order any of their protein dishes.
- Lovely Surprise!FergfamVIPDined on 5/3/2014This was our first visit to the Steveston Seafood House and we were pleasantly surprised... we decided to try something different after the movies and thought we would try this place because of all of the great reviews it had received! The food was amazing, lovely, romantic setting, and the service was great too - wouldn't say it was outstanding because we had to wait quite a while to get the bill and pay for our meal. Other than that we would highly recommend this place!Special Features:
- Appy Platter worth the price!slamDined on 5/2/2014Been to Steveston Seafood House a few times over the years. They have stepped up their game in the appetizer side of the menu. Every time I've had any of the appetizers, they were great. The most outstanding one I've had would be the coconut prawns and scallops. Amazing presentation. This time we ordered the appetizer platter for $14/person. Not disappointed though the oysters were not up to par. Very small thin piece of oyster in each shell. Overall the platter was worth the price. The mains were more disappointing. Ordered the special of the night-halibut, lamb and smoked cod. Halibut was over cooked & lamb was of smaller portion than expected and price is higher here. Smoked cod was generous size. I would go back for the appies alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 405 reviews are from the Steveston Seafood House reviews archive.
- neat finddrsincDined on 4/29/2014found this via Open Table and am very glad I did as it is a lovely little spot with great food and servers that know how to be helpful without being intrusive...it was a wonderful evening and I'd go back in an instant...thanks...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!luv2eatDined on 4/27/2014Wonderful - food and server. Very pleasant experience. This is the best restaurant that I have eaten in Steveston. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & Great food!murmanDined on 4/15/2014Love this place. Calamari is #1. Change of pace had the seafood schnitzel. Amazing. You won't be disappointed. Always busy... always good.Special Features:
- Seafood YummyLoves2EatDined on 4/13/2014Very quaint and quiet spot to enjoy eating good seafoods with friends. If you want good quality seafood... this is the place to go!! Even the Filet Mignon was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Team DinnerDougDined on 4/7/2014From Alberta and in Town for a company meeting, took our team of managers there and was extremely happy with all aspects of the meal Great Job!!!!!Special Features:
- Simply Outstanding!!MaggieJaneVIPDined on 4/5/2014From the moment we arrived to out last farewells we were treated like VIP Guests. We dined on calamari, salads, mussels, sable fish and so much more. They had a small but well chosen wine list. Service was prompt, professional and friendly. Just a lovely evening!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still GREAT after all these yearsItalianSieveDined on 4/4/2014My wife and family used to dine here when we lived in Richmond in the 1970-80s. It was great then and has improved with age! Our guests from Kamloops were raving about the foid!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodsutoeDined on 3/30/2014The ingredients were fresh and of quality BUT way too much seasoning, too heavy on the sauce. Sometimes less is more.
- They provide exceptional serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/29/2014They provide exceptional service at this restaurant.Special Features:
- Better than televisionLolaDined on 3/25/2014I first heard of this charming restaurant after seeing it in a profile for Dining out for Life on Shaw community television. The food looked so tantalizing that we decided to try it and support a splendid cause at the same time. We were not disappointed. The flavours were gorgeous and and the presentation was everything the television promised. We also appreciated the attentive service and the elegant and intimate atmosphere. Portion size was perfect and appropriately priced. Well placed corner tables hint at a romantic evening if that is in the plan. We would definitely return as there are so many other delectable items we would like to savour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very EnjoyableJillDined on 3/23/2014We were following up on a Christmas Gift for friends ( an annual event) and were very happy with the whle event. Just wish it was a little closer, but still worth the driveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Black Alaskan CodRickDined on 3/22/2014The service was good and the meal was very good as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent service and oneSillymooDined on 3/16/2014Excellent service and one of the best vodka Martinis since have ever had. Food was excellent. Had the blue crab risotto and it was fabulous as well as the pecan pie which was not too sweet. Perfect. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014My first time at the Steveston Seafood House, I was a bit hesitant as I had selected it on line for a bunch of colleagues past & present. Was pleasantly surprised and we all agreed the food was great and service outstanding. Our server Teresa is a keeper.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favouriteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/9/2014Visit this restaurant regularly to celebrate special occasions and to enjoy a night out with friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.