Steven Lelli's on the Green
27925 Golf Pointe Blvd.
Farmington, MI 48331Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Steven Lelli's on the Green
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.lellisinn.com/
- Phone: 2489941111x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Thursday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - 11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Saturday - 4:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sunday - 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Closed Mondays January - September
Mondays Open - October - December
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Coming Soon
A word from Steven Lelli's on the Green
Steven Lelli's is located in Farmington Hills, Michigan 48331Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Steven Lelli's on the Green - Best Restaurants in Farmington Hills ›
Steven Lelli's on the Green reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (28)romantic (21)great for outdoor dining (14)fit for foodies (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (12)notable wine list (9)scenic view (9)hot spot (4)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2014We arranged for my mother's 71st birthday dinner at Lelli's. The food was phenomenal! The serviece was exceptional Even celebrated with a slice of cake with a sparkler on top! Absolutely perfect from beginning to end!Special Features:
- Nice for dinnergoblueVIPDined on 8/22/2014We'll dressed waiters, good food, and good value. Since we were celebrating a 25th anniversary, a 60th birthday, and another birthday of our children we brought the cakes and they supplied the sparkling candlesSpecial Features:
- Great Foodwinedine05Dined on 8/15/2014Food is always very good. We sat outside on the patio and unfortunately were eaten by mosquitos.Special Features:
- Excellent food and service.frenchpondDined on 8/7/2014Waiter took excellent care of us. My sons steak was overcooked and they redid it the way he wanted it in just 4 minutes. They added a few new dishes including an excellent dish with eggplant and lentils. The salmon was excellent. Will go back soon.Special Features:
- A Special PlaceJackietheReaderDined on 8/2/2014We love having dinner at Steven Lelli's. Whenever you go, it seems like a special event. We love the ambiance and furnishings. The waiters are great, and the busboys can't be beat. They are at your service in the blink of an eye. The restaurant is willing to accommodate special meal preparations. The quality of the food is first-rate. It has an old-school atmosphere with a modern zing.Special Features:
- love lellisCarversDined on 7/15/2014as always the food is fantastic.the outdoor seating is beautiful on the golf course.Special Features:
- Awesome!TorofoodiesDined on 7/11/2014We found this gem while searching for last minute late dinner reservations. We were so surprised to find a beautiful outdoor dining area with the best service ever! We tried, at our servers suggestion, the chateaubriand, and we LOVED ❤️ It!Special Features:
- Good Food/Good Service, butBillDined on 7/11/2014We took my son and wife to Lelli's for their 37th wedding anniversary. When I made the reservation, I told them that it was their anniversay and requested a cake. After a good dinner, I had to chace the waiter down and again ask for the cake. My check was $250 and they charged me $10 for a small cake, that any another restaurant I have ever visited for a similar event provided free.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A visit following sold out nightluv2dineDined on 6/29/2014Had 4:00 dinner following sold out Saturday night. We were first diners there but they were sold out of entree and desert order. Y pasta was left over from night before. Large clump of pasta stuck together. Sent it back and received a freshly prepared dishSpecial Features:
- KimmDined on 6/21/2014We always know when we come to this Restaurant we will be having an Amazing meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Frog1Dined on 6/15/2014The patio is beautiful but there was no protection from direct blinding sunshine in the evening during dinner. Food is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SPECIAL OCCASION DESTINATIONChefLauriDined on 6/10/2014We informed them that it was a special occasion (anniversary) and would like a romantic booth. They did even better, we had our own little private dining room. As long as you do not have an aversion to red walls and black leather, you will be pleased. Our disappointment was the food, with the exception of the sea bass. For the expense the food did not measure up in quality or quantity. There wasn't anything really special or spectacular about it. We didn't have room for dessert. I was very surprised that they didn't comp us on some little dessert for a special occasion like most other fine dining restaurants.Special Features:
- Lelli's on the GreenfoodyforlifeDined on 6/5/2014The food is still the star at Lelli's with many of the classic dishes from the old Lelli's in Detroit. Although it was relatively quiet on our Thur. night dinner, to find this place not that busy was surprising. This may be considered more of a special occasion destination than a vibrant downtown or neighborhood restaurant because of the location. There is nothing else around that area except the golf course and they would be wise to change locations for this great institution.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DDMeisterVIPDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant is in a subdivision off a 9 hole golf course. The lights are low and the decor warm and comfortable. We all had the complete dinner which starts with an antipasto tray. Very good and more than enough for everyone. The house salad is very good followed by delicious minestrone that I was just going to taste but could not resist finishing. They were very accommodating in that I asked for my side pasta with garlic and olive oil instead of the traditional meat sauce. Everyone loved their entrees, from Chilean sea bass, veal and their signature dish, the filet. Delicious!Special Features:
- Great for a special occasionAwesomeVIPDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant has that old school Italian restaurant feel. People dress up here. Food is good. You get a lot for your money. Service is ok. We had to ask for drinks multiple times & wait a long time for them. The restaurant was very accommodating to our party. Friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lellis experienceKathyDined on 5/11/2014The wait was too long and all the dishes, glasses and silver was dirty and gross! We have loved dining at Lellis when was in the New Center area in the 70's and we're truly disappointed.Special Features:
- Above ExpectationsDorilmVIPDined on 5/10/2014We had an exceptional experience in every way. We decided at the last minute to go out for dinner. Pulled up Open Table, and luckily the timing just worked out. There was an unreasonable customer at the door when we arrived and I was extremely impressed on how the staff handled it. That told me right from the start that this was a place I wanted to be at. I love outstanding customer service and I knew it would be. They definitely lived up to my high expectations and I will return.Special Features:
- fantasticgreatDined on 5/10/2014wonderful restaurant. food and service were fantastic. My wife loved it for her mothers day dinner sat night early. The flowers ordered through open table were a great idea. thxSpecial Features:
- BirthdaynomoreDined on 5/10/2014No hostess when we arrived - waited more than 5 minutes for anyone to greet us. People who arrived after us with the same time reservation were seated ahead of us. Couldn't find our waiter for 45 minutes after the salads were served (he lost out on a couple of rounds of drinks). Water glasses were never refilled during the 2+hour meal (and one of us was only drinking water). Saltimboca was mediocre, Veal Parmesan was good and the Salmon was so over-broiled that is was dry all the way through and crunchy on the outside.
- The following 204 reviews are from the Steven Lelli's on the Green reviews archive.
- open tableduckyDined on 5/3/2014I made my reservations through open table. The next day someone from Lelli's called me to confirm my reservations and make sure I got a table by the window. I was impressed. Then the night of our reservation, we were not seated at the window, we had to complain and then we got our correct table, the sparkling wine was bad and I had to wait 20 minutes for them to chill another bottle. The waiter was terrible! Making stupid jokes not getting our order correct and just plain irritating. I will go back but I will not have that waiter and I will remind them of my seating confirmation before they attempt to seat me.Special Features:
- A Detroit Traditionsalg8orDined on 4/26/2014Never disappoints. I'm sure that many of the other dishes are very good, but I just stop reading the menu at the filet. The only real choice is which size (petite, "regular" or extra cut) and if I want the full meal or regular. Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulos Dining in Farmington Hills!DocHub1Dined on 4/19/2014Lelli's on the Green is the number one restaurant for delicious gourmet dining. The food is fabulous, the music is great, the service is superb! For a special occasion or just a relaxing delicious brunch or dinner, this is THE place to consider.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeMikeDined on 4/5/2014Evening started 45 min after reservation. Bar was too crowded with constant bumping. The staff was Helpful . I thought food was excellent. The ambiance was so noisey that we couldn't Hear each other talking. For this reason, I wouldn't go back. Energetic doesn't describe the noise levelSpecial Features:
- A real old-school ItalianMrFoodieVIPDined on 4/5/2014A real old-school Italian eatery, just like you remember. Service is attentive and the tried and true Italian favorites are well prepared. Extremely enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Lelli's on the Green is oneMarkVIPDined on 3/22/2014Lelli's on the Green is one of those unique gems that mirrors the old original long gone Lelli's in Detroit formally located on Woodward just noth of Grand Blvd; the restaurant and family have a long history and my family has a 6 decade long history with the restaurant for many memorable family special occasions. It is one of the best Detroit area dining experiences for those who appreciate ambiance, service, tradition and excellent fresh prepared entre's especially the filet mignon and chateaubriand..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingFoodieVIPDined on 3/15/2014Grew up going to Lelli's, have been looking to checking out Lelli's on the Green for quite some time. The food was o.k., the use of garlic is heavy handed and I'm a garlic lover. The service was attentive, maybe too attentive, we felt rushed. The service was also very unprofessional, reaching across the table, spilling things, nothing like the old Lelli's. I don't mind paying for good food and good service, but neither came close to what you would expect to receive for the prices charged.
- Such a great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014This was my first time trying lellies, and even though it was extremely busy due to it being valentines day, we were seated within 10 mins. We were seated in the basement of the restaurant, which was beautiful. We were able to avoid the noise level upstairs and it was beautifully decorated with lights. The tables and seats are also very comfortable, and our waiter was very accommodating. I ordered the filet while my boyfriend ordered the salmon. Let's just say I don't even like salmon hby that was amazing! It was also one of the best steaks I've had, and it was full of flavor. If there is one thing that I will remember from this place, it's the calamari! It was cooked so perfect and the Lemon sauce that came with it was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointedToughniteDined on 2/14/2014Was there on Valentines Friday so it was over crowded. Because of that service was not good. Main course was good when we did receive it. They put extra table in because of Valentines and that made the sevice slow and the atmosphere uncomfortable.
- Never Disappointing!JMCFDined on 2/1/2014Had dinner at Lelli's on the Green the other night. As always, the food was delicious, the service outstanding and the ambiance was great. Service there is always outstanding and the decor is just beautiful. It's a wonderful place to go to celebrate a special occasion. Only critique is that the noise level is too high...... it was hard to have a conversation around a 4 person table. Other than that, perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but too expensivealarkyVIPDined on 1/24/2014The food was really good but the price is too high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerStauberDined on 1/18/2014Awesome manhattan, great salads and a wonderful steak with greta serviceSpecial Features:
- Great Dining!AnnamarieDined on 1/15/2014The service and food was perfect. Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Poorly laid out - uncomfortableApmadocDined on 1/15/2014They seated us at a table that was situated in along a major traffic area of the restaurant. The gap between the back of my chair and the guest behind we was maybe 6". Yesterday customers going to and from their tables, the entire waitstaff all,had to pass through that 6" gap. The result, my chair got bumped into, jostled, banged into so hard the chair slid back. This happened no less that 20 times while we were there. I had to complain, but there was no other table to move us to. Just made for a very uncomfortable experience.
- disappointmentdineaboutDined on 12/28/2013Originally Detroiters, we knew Lelli's from the downtown days and went to this location with local friends while home for the holidays. The food was mediocre and the service was arrogant and cranky. My husband's pasta dish was especially bad, oversalted, and dry. The servers seemed to think they were doing us a favor by taking and bringing our order. My meat dish was only adequate. Without the Lelli's name, this restaurant would have nothing to recomment it. It was a real disappointment
- Xmas EveCharitableReviewerDined on 12/24/2013It was Christmas Eve so you would expect families to be dining out. Unfortunately there were a few groups with fairly young, noisy, unsupervised children which was quite annoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ReboundWinedineDined on 12/21/2013Our last experience was a disappointment: inattentive service, smudgy lipstick smeared wine glass, etc. This time, it was the usual high end experience. The only complaint was that I asked for a low traffic location on the on line reservation and we were placed in an area where I had to keep making room for waiters to move behind me. (I'm short and thin, so I didn't extend into the flow behind me). Staff quickly moved us to a better location as there were plenty of other tables available. Still one our favorite spots! Bill & Debbie BentonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Standford is the BEST server!AMAZINGDined on 12/20/2013Finding a great place with great food I can do. But finding a great place with great food and a great server is another completely different find! We dine at Lelli's often. I have only had 2 occasions where service was horrible and that would be from MAX! He didn't keep our drinks filled and brought one of our guests there dinner after we had all eaten! I was horrified and determined not to EVER go back. However, my husband talked us into one more visit so we took the family and STANFORD was our guy! Great place, would recommend anytime! MossersSpecial Features:
- ServiceMARKORDined on 11/28/2013We have dined at Lelli's numarous times. We always had great reviews in the past for your establishment. We had thanksgiving dinner at Lelli's last year and this year. Last year was perfict, this year, we had to wait almost two hours for our meal. The server was great, however, he kept apologizing for the wait. Tables around us that arrived after us were served before us. We had a 6:30 reservation, we left after 9pm.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thanksgiving TraditionsdiningblondieDined on 11/28/2013I needed to find a special place to celebrate Thanksgiving dinner this year. We lost my dad unexpectedly earlier in the year and I wanted to make a new holiday memory for my mom. It was actually through Open Table that I found Detroit area restaurants who were serving Thanksgiving dinner. After a bit of research, I made reservations at Lelli's; having never been to Lelli's before and only knowing of the Lelli's tradition. We were not disappointed. The service was very good, there were some unique choices on the special Thanksgiving menu. We would like to go back to enjoy the regular menu. Ambiance of a very traditional Italian establishment. I would consider this an expensive restaurant, but perfect for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our evening was terrific.TonyDined on 11/21/2013Our evening was terrific. The service and food topped our expectations. Enjoyed the atmosphere and would recommend the restaurant to others for a special occasion or just friends getting together.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.