Steve and Rocky's
43150 Grand River Ave.
Novi, MI 48375Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Steve and Rocky's
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.steveandrockys.com/
- Phone: 2483740688
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 1:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Steve Allen
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Off site catering available for any number of guests. A selection of menus are posted on our website at steveandrockys.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi private parties can be accommodated at the restaurant for up to 250 people.
- Private Party Contact: Duane Braday 2483740688
- Entertainment: Pianist Mike Magner shows his talents nightly in the dining room from Tuesday through Thursday 6:00 until 9:00, and 6:00 until 10:00 on Fridays and Saturdays. You will enjoy his relaxing melodies as you dine with business associates, friends and loved ones.
A word from Steve and Rocky's
Steve & Rocky's purchases live oysters, lobsters, mussels, day boat caught fin fish, (un-soaked) sea scallops, fresh aged meats, extremely fresh produce, real heavy cream, pure unsalted butter, imported cheeses, and extra virgin olive oil. All of these fresh ingredients are rigorously specified based on our extremely high and exacting standards, painstakingly shopped based upon seasonality, and carefully inspected upon receipt. At Steve & Rocky's, critical ingredients are delivered daily to insure freshness. Their purveyors know that they will not accept anything but the absolute best quality ingredients and after years of working with them and competing to earn their business, they only send their very best. In the summer months, Chef Steve grows organic produce for the restaurant on his personal micro-farm. Though many say Steve & Rocky's specializes in Seafood, Chefs Steve Allen and Chuck Rachwitz feel that the menu is diverse with something for every one's taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Steve and Rocky's - Best Restaurants in Novi ›
Steve and Rocky's reviews from OpenTable diners
129 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (75)fit for foodies (73)neighborhood gem (52)good for groups (41)great for lunch (36)romantic (33)notable wine list (30)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014My boyfriend had the Walleye and it was very bland. I tasted it as well and there was no seasoning on it at all.Special Features:
- Highly recommend!Annie3Dined on 10/14/2014Great food, excellent service, wonderful ambience! Good place to celebrate a special occasion or just have a quiet romantic dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great local food for foodiesFoodielovesDined on 10/11/2014The menu offers a variety of choices at excellent prices. The food and presentation is outstanding. The dessert choices are unique, numerous and so delicious. Looking forward to going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Placefoodie4lifeDined on 10/11/2014Loved the food and like to see the Chef come out and visit with the patrons.Special Features:
- Steve and rockysFlashmsuDined on 10/10/2014Food was good but not great. Waiter was nice and helped with suggestions. He let us relax and enjoy our dinner without making us feel rushed. We will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014We have eaten here several times and nev had a bad meal. We had perch and salmon and house salads. The streusel had cheese in it. Not something we eat every day, but a good ending. Great rolls. Attentive service even on a busy night. Reservations very helpful here.Special Features:
- AnniversaryBDSDCDDined on 9/25/2014Food appearance was out of a magazine Taste and quality was excellent Server was very knowledgableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding SalmonDaveL51Dined on 9/25/2014My wife and I both had the Heirloom Tomato Crusted Salmon with tarragon vinaigrette, fingerling potato sauté, and vegetable. I think it was the best salmon that I have ever had. The sides and the bread were delicious also. Meals are always good here and the staff has always been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/24/2014The restaurant was different than what I was expecting. At first glance, the menu appears a little overwhelming, but the waitress did an excellent job of explaining the choices. The Cesar salad was very unique, essentially a full head of romaine lettuce sliced in half and covered with dressing. It was a little bit of work to eat because it had to be cut, but the flavor was excellent. I had the special, which was steak with scallops. It was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SteakloverDined on 9/21/2014I know my ratings seem low but I wanted to make note of why. The restaurant was nice...although I preferred we would've been seated at a booth as I don't find table seating for two very comfortable/intimate. The food was good - but not great. I expected more flavor from the Filet Mignon and it seemed to lack sauce. It was cooked perfectly for me (medium), however my daughter ordered medium and it was a little undercooked and needed to be sent back. She was on a date and that was a little frustrating for her as her date felt compelled to not eat his food while she waited for hers (thus causing his to get cold). The wait staff was attentive and pleasant. But overall I'm disappointed to say quality for cost wasn't balanced, in my opinion.Special Features:
- Service PoorOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/19/2014Arrived and seated on time but took over 1/2 hour for anyone to come to table. No water ever brought. Had to go get wine from bar since no waitress would come. We noted the long time it took to get service and it went right over the waitress' head. The food was fine but the service totally ruined the experience. We have dined here before but the service seems to vary and this was awful. No plans to come back soon - many options with far better service (Brio, J Alexander)
- foodfreakVIPDined on 9/19/2014We had not been back in several years and we're not sure why. The food was very good and the service was competent, despite a forgotten appetizer. We enjoyed the lightly smoked chicken and heirloom tomato encrusted salmon but the Caesar salad was so lightly dressed that it had no taste. The wine choices were good and the menu was interesting.Special Features:
- WonderfulrlsmartyDined on 9/16/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. Excellent food and service. I recommend saving room for dessert - they are out of this world. Our server, April, was so accommodating. She recommended an excellent wine that was not outrageously priced. I've never had anything that wasn't wonderful at this establishment.Special Features:
- Great place for lunch or dinnerHeartlanderVIPDined on 9/16/2014Always enjoy Steve and Rocky's. Interesting menu and desserts, this time had the pork belly and shrimp appetizer and thought it was very good, would request the heavy syrup served on the side rather over the items in the future. Soups were good, the chocolate purse dessert delicious with the surprise berries over the rich, dark chocolate. Would order that again!!Special Features:
- continues to be a gemGunner65Dined on 9/15/2014Steve & Rocky's continues to be a gem in northwestern Detroit suburbs. The food is always the top attraction - never have had a bad meal. Service at times can be a bit spotty - it is popular, after all - but this time Katie treated us with "surprise and delight" attention. The clientele (on a Monday night) ranges from business groups to senior special events, and all seemed as satisfied with their experience as we were.Special Features:
- SteveDined on 9/14/2014Overhyped. It was good, not great. Portions were small. Waitress was really nice!Special Features:
- Not as good as previousKeeptryingDined on 9/13/2014We reserved for two which worked fantastic. When we were seated we were not so happy. Landed in the same spot as before which was toward the front and by the main aisle. There should be a table selection on the site. Disappointed with the waiter just not friendly, not horrible but. We ordered soup, planned for a salad then dinner. When he didn't collect our soup (not warm) he asked if we were ready to order. we ordered and skipped the salad. My filet was good but over cooked medium. The large cut was small 9oz and would think should be better than j. Alexander's - it wasn't. Wife likes their great seafood offering I like steaks. Hers came with an unseasoned "new" potatoes which was not per the daily menu. These were undercookedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LornadooneDined on 9/13/2014Steve and Rockys is our go to when we are looking for an enjoyable and outstanding meal with great service! We love the seasonal offerings! We have never been disappointed! The only complaint would be is that the tables are a bit too close together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- road tripcindianaVIPDined on 9/12/2014chose this on a recent road trip thru the area - surprisingly good food but was especially impressed with our server, Kate I believe, & she really knew the food she served & could easily be a food critic/journalist - Fri PM was busy but we weren't rushed, the prices were mid-range & the menu is created daily - always a surprise I'd guess - nice experience :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood RestaurantMSUSHEDined on 9/12/2014We celebrated my 52nd birthday with my 83 year old mother, husband and 11 year old son. All of our meals were delicious, and service was efficient which my son appreciated:) He hates what he considers "slow food" which basically means slow service.Special Features:
- Rocky reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent. The cocktails brought promptly. Our waitress very congenial and efficient. The one item I would object to was an $11 glass of Pinot Noir. I asked for a red blend to accompany my filet. I was informed of the type of wine and that it was reasonably priced. Did not know how much until I received my check. Had no issue with our cocktails or cost of any other delight we enjoyed. I would have had another cocktail had I known how much the wine would cost. Did not discuss this with our waitress. She was tipped accordingly, not judicially. The dinner occasion was our 26th anniversary. Buy us a glass!!Special Features:
- Friday night dinnerTerryfromLADined on 9/12/2014I wanted a nice place to take my mom for an early Friday night dinner. I made a reservation through Open Table and requested a booth. When we arrived we were seated right away in a booth. I'm kind of a picky eater, but there were several choices on the menu that appealed to me. The food was well-conceived, well-prepared and tasty. Our server gave us just the right amount of attention, checking in so we never felt forgotten, but not overbearing. The ambiance is pleasant. It was a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This PlacebarbwunderDined on 9/10/2014Special occasion or just for great food, Steve & Rocky's always delivers. The menu has something for everyone and always deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a small gatheringJerBearDined on 9/7/2014I had never been to Steve & Rocky's but had made a reservation for a gathering of six former colleagues. Our table was waiting for us at the appointed time, and it was circular to enhance our conversations. There were no blaring TV's to shout over. Our wait staff was attentive but not pushy. And the food was excellently prepared; be sure to try a seafood dish!Special Features:
- Not so good tHis timeAlwaysdinningDined on 9/5/2014We had to send the food back. Ceaser salad horrible-2 wedges of lettuce salmon strip just placed in top. Dressing no good. Lake perch sautéed -- dry and over done. Very disappointed as I have eaten there many times in the past. I am not sure I would recommend as I have sent many people there in the past.Special Features:
- usually great, but...clarkbarDined on 9/5/2014After I made our reservation on line I needed to change it. Couldn't do it on the open table website so I called the restaurant. The gentleman I spoke to assured me the later time was confirmed; however, when we arrived the hostesses had no record of the change so we were 45 minutes late according to their records! Got seated fairly quickly, but in the farthest corner of the room where we were surrounded by large groups. It was very loud and terribly hot! Didn't get great attention all night. Had to ask for water three times before the busboy finally brought some and had to ask for refills as well. Like I said, we have dined here quite a bit and usually the service is outstanding. The food was delicious as usual.Special Features:
- Don't Duck the DuckPeanutDined on 9/4/2014The news was the duck at Steve & Rocky's was good, but it was way better than good. Great meal at a great price.Special Features:
- Not so Special Anniversary DinnerdzfflwDined on 9/4/2014Anniversary Dinner We had made a reservation for a table of 4 for 7 PM on September 4, 2014 and had mentioned that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary. We were looking forward to a special dinner. No one there ever mentioned that we were celebrating our Wedding Anniversary! I requested a small plate with Olive oil/Balsamic Vinegar with Mozzarella Cheese for bread. The waitress said, 'Well, we usually do not do that. But I will." We felt that the waitress was not accommodating and may have had an attitude Crispy Calamari appetizer not quite crispy and the quantity was less than half as in J. Alexander'. They were out of whitefish my wife was looking forward to have. Main entrees were quite good, desserts ok.
- Super Experiencepete713VIPDined on 9/4/2014My server, Anthony, was very helpful to narrow down entree choices based on what he had served previously. Food was excellent and drinks were generous pours. Will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love This Place!datenightDined on 9/2/2014Clearly one of our favorite restaurants. My wife and I have often brought out of town guests here and have never been disappointed. Great food, great service and great atmosphere.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedDotandLarDined on 9/2/2014We have eaten at Steve and Rocky's many times and have NEVER had a meal that wasn't spectacular. This last time we came from Ludington, Michigan, and only considered this restaurant to dine at with our friends. Thank you for many years of enjoyment, and look forward to coming back when in the area.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerMigabbyDined on 9/2/2014We celebrated our 48th Wedding Anniversary Dinner at Steve and Rocky's. When we arrived we were taken to our Table by our Hostess and given The Menu with our Names and a Special Anniversary Greeting Printed across the Top. Our Server was prompt. The food was great, we will and have been going back for a number of years.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014Food great. Ambiance average. Wide variety of Seafood and poultry dinners. Not much of a selection in red meats.Special Features:
- The Soup!copycookerDined on 8/30/2014Very nice restaurant. I have been here before, but I moved out of the area years ago, so this was a treat. Milo's Cream of Mushroom Soup is the best I have ever tasted...what I wouldn't give for the recipe! The service was great...our server was pleasant, knowledgeable and attentive without being overbearing. I wish I lived closer...I would visit often.Special Features:
- Great food, but came slowlyRupert969Dined on 8/23/2014Went to Steve and Rocky's for my birthday dinner. Food was great - very tasty and served at the proper temperature. The only problem was the length of time between ordering and the food arriving. Don't think it was the server. Believed they were backed up in the kitchen. The place was packed, but seems they could have anticipated the crowd as it was a Sat. night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rocky's provides a great meal !!!!GardenGirlDined on 8/23/2014When I want great food for a special day , I always think of Steve and Rocky as our choice for dinning . Close to our home, friendly satff and good food and drink.Special Features:
- hjh201Dined on 8/16/2014food was good the waiter was good I would go back againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, a win!ddmarie76Dined on 8/16/2014We were celebrating a birthday and, as always, the food was outstanding and the service was great! Two of us had the Sole which was a special that day and it was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedValvin14Dined on 8/14/2014Steve and Rocky's is a favorite place for lunch or dinner. This visit one thing marred the experience. I ordered the tuna melt. It was served on sourdough bread (though it looked like an English muffin) that was hard as a rock. I couldn't cut through it. I would have returned it but we were on a lunch break from work so no time to wait. I ended up just eating the tuna. The onion rings that were served with it were fantastic. I will go again as it is usually a great dining experience.Special Features:
- Dinner out with the familysandyDined on 8/13/2014Dinner was very good, I had scallops and they were very good and different. I also had a side salad and it was nice and fresh. Our waitress April was very attentive and friendly. We ordered a bottle of wine and it was cold and April was good at refilling the glasses when needed. We had reservations but got in right away anyway as it was not very busy. All in all everything was very good and would go back and tell our friends to come.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.