Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
9700 Amherst Ave.
Margate, NJ 08402Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.steveandcookies.com/
- Phone: 6098231163x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cookie 6098231163x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 7 nights a week
A word from Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
"Fans attest quality is everything at Cookie Till's legendary Margate New American where well-trained servers offer on-target suggestions from the menu of excellent locally sourced fare and extensive wine list; the mood is upbeat in the multiroom space that's usually packed with an ‘in' crowd, which is why regulars recommend reservations in the summer and on weekends year-round."Continued
Steve & Cookie's is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®
Steve & Cookie's is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay - Best Restaurants in Margate ›
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
502 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (311)fit for foodies (306)neighborhood gem (251)hot spot (216)vibrant bar scene (164)romantic (142)notable wine list (131)good for groups (129)scenic view (105)late-night find (31)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- wonderfully consistantAskfarrylVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food and service is always wonderful. If it was less pricey I would eat here weeklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cookie knows bestClearlyAmbiguousVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and cocktails here are exceptional. Service was very good, although we've had better here...waitress seemed a little fake. But that's ok. Word of warning: you will pay, and through the nose, for the quality of experience. Lots of dishes overpriced for what they are, but the execution and taste makes you forget all about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Doubtfood4meDined on 9/27/2014Steve and Cookies is always consistent. You know you will get a great meal and good service. Plenty and of menu choices and several daily specials are always offered. Everything was prepared as ordered and all expectations were met.Special Features:
- Always the bestMarcNDined on 9/26/2014We had the cold seafood plate, veal, Warner's and lobster mac and cheese. Not one selection disappointed. My 17 year old son wanted to be with his friends this weekend, not his parents. A promise of Steve and Cookies served as a successful bribe. The place was packed, but you could never tell by the staff of professionals who appear completely under control, calm, collected, professional and friendly. We had a drink at the bar with friends as we waited for our table (which was ready at exactly the time of our reservation). There were two musicians playing in one of the 3 incredible bars in this place with unbelievable attention to details, great artwork, a view of the bay and over the top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemikesDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed our meal service was great, the view from the veranda room was a value added.Special Features:
- Reliably good food, polite staff, AdinneroutDined on 9/25/2014The food is always good, and the appetizers are exceptional. Nice variety on the menu, with something to please everyone. The fired shrimp are perhaps the best I've ever had. And the house salad should not be missed. The service was excellent, professional and polite.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is a very popular, but overrated and over priced restaurant that caters to a high-end crowd. The service is nothing better than good. The our beef brisket was overcooked and dry; the roast duck was not moist or tender. The house salad is excellent. Needed to ask for refills of water. The seasonal blueberry pie with graham cracker crust is the best item available. No need to recommend this restaurant; it has a reputation as a year-round seashore dining hot spot, but we think it is not worth more than a once-a-year dine.Special Features:
- S&C does it again!hmortDined on 9/24/2014We can always count on a great meal when we go to S & C. The Jersey Tomato salad, baked clams, scallops and salmon were all outstanding. They always have new & interesting accompaniments with each entree. The only negative are the chairs in the middle dining room are very uncomfortable but maybe thats so you don't stay too long & allow other diners to sit!Special Features:
- finnappyDined on 9/21/2014Excellent in all, food, service, ambience and drinksSpecial Features:
- Great NightspclteachrDined on 9/20/2014It was our anniversary so my husband made a reservation for dinner. The hostess was very acomadating and gave us a corner seat near the upper bar. Everything was great. They even gave us a dessert on them to celebrate the occasion.Special Features:
- Absolutely a must place to goLOVEBIRDSDined on 9/20/2014When you want to have a quiet and special date with someone I would highly recommend going to Steve and Cookies. From even the beginning when making the reservation it is far above any dinner establishment I have ever been to. A special thank you to Kelly for taking care of us while at Steve and Cookies.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Steve and Cookies is amazing for its consistency. Always good food and best bar anywhere. Service to tables is also good despite crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special timesBigDaveDined on 9/19/2014We LOVE the restaurant but save it for specials because of the price. The food is fabulous and worth it, but $50 — 60 pp is too high for ordinary every day dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnercacr1120Dined on 9/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner! The food was excellent, as usual, and the wait staff was so nice and attentive. Always a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurantFunInTheSunVIPDined on 9/17/2014My favorite restaurant to go on my birthday or anytime for that matter. Everything is Delicious. The tomato salad (seasonal) is one of our favorites. Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day is the best we have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past better than presenthappyeaterDined on 9/16/2014We had fond memories from past visits; last perhaps a year ago. My wife had a tomato app that she like a lot except for the frizzled (?) onions, and a steak that was just ok. I had crab & corn chowder that was very good except I expected a white not pink broth; no big deal. My veal chop was good, a little drier than I expected. Deserts were delicious: banana cream pie & margate beach pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of oursBRB125Dined on 9/14/2014We make it a point to dine at Steve & Cookies whenever we're in South Jersey. The food, service and comfortable dining room is consistently excellent, regardless of crowds. It is one of our favorite restaurants in New JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SCHEDULINGOVERRATEDDined on 9/13/2014Made a reservation two weeks in advance and then had to wait 45 minutes for our table. Cookie could have cared less. Never even offered a free drink. Should have left. Food not better than elsewhere in that neighborhood. I'm done!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014One of the best, if not the best, restaurants in south jersey! Excellent service and consistently delicious food makes this a must for any foodie visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!FruitFulVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always look forward to our dinner at Steve and Cookies. The food is fresh, well prepared and not overly fussed with. It is served in a professional manner by efficient servers. The bartenders are well schooled in the art of mixology. Our only issue is that it is usually very crowded with others wanting the same experience. The noise can be distracting when trying to have a conversation, however, the tables are far enough apart to provide some level of privacy. The seafood is especially well executed with the steamed lobster a special treat. Desserts are their crowning glory, with a fresh fruit dessert being the headline. We had a peach pie that was as good as their famous blueberry pie. Yum! Off season, this restaurant is the best!Special Features:
- Very Fresh FoodSouthJerseyPamDined on 9/13/2014Our food was excellently prepared and all ingredients tasted very fresh.Special Features:
- luvfoodbeets4uDined on 9/12/2014Had company from out of town and had to take them to Steve and Cookies cause its really the best. Kept talking about the incredible beet salad and how everything is delicious. Glad I had reservations cause it was packed. That alone speaks volumes that off season all the locals still go there. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS ALWAYS NUM.1 THIS IS STUPIOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014FABULOUS AS ALWAYS AND CONSISTENT AS ALWAY. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO WRITE A BOOK GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slooow to getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food quality is always consistent and VERY good. Unfortunately on a Saturday or Friday plan on at least a one hour wait for food after ordering.Special Features:
- Nice dinner after the summer seasonBrooklyngirlVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had not been to Steve & Cookies for a few years. Food was good, service was excellent, an older crowd, live music was nice and not too noisy. I especially liked their "just a taste" for each desert for under $2. Glad to see that it was pretty busy on a Thursday night after Labor Day....always a good sign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaxieDined on 9/11/2014The food was excellent. Service and atmosphere could not be beat. View of the sunset was superb, however that room overlooking the Bay is too noisy for me. Choose the back room beyond the bar if you want a quieter meal. Overall I would choose Steve & Cookie's for a great meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdieDined on 9/11/2014our all time favorite restaurant- the best food!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellentLuvlobsterDined on 9/10/2014Steve and Cookie's is one of the finest restaurants at the Jersey shore! We have never had anything but the best meals there. Highly recommended!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday nightOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/8/2014We arrived 645 for a 730 reservation to spend some time talking at the bar. We were lucky to get 3 seats the place was really busy which was not what I expected on a Monday after Labor Day but that is how well Cookie is doing and she deserves it. George still at the bar with Gail they make you feel at home and are very special. We had a great meal again as we come to expect. We have been here 4-5 times a year since she opened and have never had a disappointment on any level. Great work. JonSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014food was excellant. salmon delicious and moise. service ok but the noise level was so high that communication other than to the person 6 in away was impossibleSpecial Features:
- New seafood favoritegoodfood4usDined on 9/6/2014Great! Had lump crab, shrimp cocktail and oysters apps, were on the table in under 5 minutes which surprised us. Very fresh, clean and tasty. Mignette for the oysters was reminiscent of Doris and Eds which is no more and was perfect. Wish the shrimp cocktail had 4 ct instead of 3 as we as a couple were sharing. Lump crab was very impressive, delicious and plentiful. Martinis were cold and promptly served. My wife had the 2 lb Maine lobster which was full and cooked nicely, I had Australian lobster tail with crab imperial topping which I thoroughly enjoyed. Cole slaw side was really good as well. Baked potato with sourcream and chives was also tasty. Finished with banana cream pie and coffee. Only 1 shrimp shy of a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodLisaPvilleVIPDined on 9/5/2014First time there. Food was great but the environment was too loud. We literally had to yell to hear each other. Also seemed very snobby but the food was awesome and service was greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedricki100Dined on 9/5/2014I know that never is a high bar but after 5 years, they have never let me down., And this past week, they had a lobster special that was actually less for a 2 lb lobster then I could buy at the market.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerhappydinerDined on 9/5/2014We had a fresh and sumptuous clams and oysters at the bar. Following this we had a delicious dinner we both enjoyed. Dessert was presented with birthday greetings written in chocolate along the edge of the plate. My husband was pleased with that as well as the dessert.Special Features:
- Excellent food and ambianceGeorgeDined on 9/4/2014The service was very good, the food absolutely great and consistent with my past experiences. Ate at the Oyster Bar at a table for 5 and everything was great. I don't get down the shore enough, but I never miss a dinner at Steve & Cookies. I had the Jersey tomato salad and the stuffed pork chop and they both were wonderful.Special Features:
- Great find in Ocean City, area!Jersey16Dined on 9/4/2014We happened upon this after taking a friend to the train in Atlantic City. Pulled the car over, clicked on Open Table and made the reservation for immediate dining. We were absolutely delighted with the place -- lovely spot, wonderful service, delicious food. A real find. We look forward to visiting there next summer.Special Features:
- Fabulouscat1Dined on 9/3/2014Food was superb, Atmosphere was fun, Service was excellant. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Great dining experience!BobbyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We enjoyed a great evening starting with cocktails and wine at the bar and followed by a delicious meal in a relaxed and comfortable dining room. Our waitress was friendly and knowledgeable and overall the service was excellent. We will be back!Special Features:
- Food disappointingbarefootbuddiesDined on 9/3/2014Steve & Cookies is one of our favorite restaurants not only when we're at the beach but all year round. We have always been happy with the food, service and overall ambiance until the other night. The food was very disappointing, and we felt it was not up to Steve & Cookies' standard, the filet was too well done and the shrimp plate was over cooked. We're going back tonight to give it another chance; hoping we will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- STILL THE BEST OF MARGATEHerbiejackVIPDined on 9/1/2014While other restaurants come and go Cookie keeps it fresh and never boring. Still our favorite.Special Features: