Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
9700 Amherst Ave.
Margate, NJ 08402Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.steveandcookies.com/
- Phone: 6098231163x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cookie 6098231163x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 7 nights a week
A word from Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
"Fans attest quality is everything at Cookie Till's legendary Margate New American where well-trained servers offer on-target suggestions from the menu of excellent locally sourced fare and extensive wine list; the mood is upbeat in the multiroom space that's usually packed with an ‘in' crowd, which is why regulars recommend reservations in the summer and on weekends year-round."Continued
Steve & Cookie's is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®
Steve & Cookie's is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay - Best Restaurants in Margate ›
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
470 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (297)special occasion (294)neighborhood gem (239)hot spot (207)vibrant bar scene (155)good for groups (139)romantic (132)notable wine list (128)scenic view (97)late-night find (29)kid-friendly (22)great for brunch (11)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Fantastic servicenamelessVIPDined on 10/21/2014Our server Kay was the best we have ever had in our many visits. She was extremely friendly and on top of her game. She anticipate our every need without hovering over us. The room was A LOT quieter than last weeks visit which made the night perfect. We were able to carry on a normal conversation without shouting. I hope they figure out a way to deaden the sound a little on the busy nights. We would go a lot more often if they do. The salad was just ok. The greens were a little wilted and needed to be colder and crisper. The crab was beyond perfect! We all wish they would have blueberry pie again (yes we know the season is over but...). We are looking forward to the lighting of the fireplaces!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OUTSTANDING!BubblesDined on 10/18/2014One of the BEST meals we have had! He had a shrimp cocktail, double cut stuffed pork chop, and dessert sampler. I had a wedge salad (a tad bit overdressed-but the flavor of the bacon helped to balance this), seafood pot "menu addition" (love that they didn't call it "specials") which had a slip lobster tail, a few scallops (i wish these were pan seared-they were more like poached-still delicious, but I'm a sucker for seared scallops), a few huge shrimp as seen on the shrimp cocktail, and the star of the plate - HUGE lumps of crabmeat that were melt in your mouth, all over a bed of basmati rice. I couldn't finish it as I had to leave room for the creme brulee. FINALLY a restaurant that doesn't serve creme brulee cold! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Splendid and classyseenerDined on 10/18/2014My wife and I had wanted to try this lovely eatery for quite some time. On our 39th wedding anniversary we made the 2hr trip to Margate and had a wonderful dining experience. Attentive waiters, but not over barring, specials were recommended and tried and a big thank you for that. The food really was fabulous. Everything, the house salad was unique and wonderful. I had Chilean Sea Bass that was perfect in every way. We were quite full and decided to skip desert, but to our surprise, the establishment sent out a plate with desert samples and a Happy Anniversary in chocolate on the plate. This was a special night and I'm so glad we chose Steve & Cookies to celebrate with.Special Features:
- Great EveningmarkannmDined on 10/17/2014We had yet another memorable and great evening dining at Steve and Cookies. The food and service were awesome. Steve and Cookies never disappoints. Cookie came out and greeted us warmly and they even brought us a special anniversay treat! Thank you again Steve and Cookies for an exceptional dinner!Special Features:
- Favorite Margate RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/12/2014We've been coming to Steve & Cookies for many years now and we have never been disappointed. The food, ambiance, and service are always impeccable. I had the best pork chop I've ever had in my life (caution, it is very sweet!). The crispy tuna roll is more like an egg roll with tuna in it than a traditional sushi roll, but it was delicious, too. My husband had a terrific small filet mignon. And even though I didn't have it this particular evening, I always enjoy their caesar salad.Special Features:
- This place never disappoints!MartinigirlDined on 10/11/2014We had a wonderful meal with dear friends! The menu selection has something for everyone. Wait staff and management could not be more accommodating . ALWAYS our place of choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant in margate!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/11/2014Always wonderful- excellent food, superb service !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findNewYorkerDined on 10/11/2014Diverse menu where anyone can find something to enjoy. Our group ordered eggplant rollatini, ugly ripe tomato salad, lamb lollipops for apps & pecan crusted halibut, veal chopilanese, Filet mignon & crab cakes with a bottle of Ted from Oregon-all excellent. We'll definitely return next year! Much too noisy though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winner!!SizeDined on 10/11/2014This is by far one of the best restaurants down the shore. The food is delicious and service is great. I wish it were closer to home.Special Features:
- DependabilityMaxieDined on 10/10/2014We had a wonderful birthday celebration. I can always depend on Cookie's menu, atmosphere and service for entertaining family and friends.Special Features:
- B++namelessVIPDined on 10/9/2014We always go in the 'off' season and have missed the place. They have great breads and a fantastic house salad, thought this time the greens were not as fresh as usual. The soup special was weak. The crab dishes are the best anywhere but a few ounces to small. The room was extremely loud (we were in the room next to the bay room). We go a couple of times a month Oct thru May. We would go a lot more if they would quite the room a little and either have drink specials or lower the price of the mixed drinks. Drink prices are the main reason for our low number of visits. The place we go to 3-4 times a week is almost half the cost on drinks. Don't get me wrong, we love the place. It just needs a few tweaks to make it A+.Special Features:
- South Jersey ClassicOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014Put Steve and Cookies right on top of your list, there with all your favorite restaurants in Philadphia and NYC. Wonderful upscale casual vibe, great food and service and the owner Cookie Till is not only one of the best restauranteurs in the state, but she is always giving back to the community. We will be back real soon!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/5/2014Had a very enjoyable evening. Service was very good. First time dining there. We had many of the dishes and everyone enjoyed their meals
- always a good mealfoodfunsterVIPDined on 10/4/2014hands down, Steve and cookies continues to be one of the most consistent restaurants we enjoy. Service, food, overall ambiance makes this one of our favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great time..Dhumper914Dined on 10/3/2014My wife and I love it here. Our goto place since AC Restaurant Week several years ago. A great bar crew, awesome food, & a wait crew among the best! Have to have the Lobster Mac & cheese, Ugly tomato salad, Stuffed pork chops, & the Cold seafood plate! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfully consistantAskfarrylVIPDined on 9/28/2014The food and service is always wonderful. If it was less pricey I would eat here weeklySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cookie knows bestClearlyAmbiguousVIPDined on 9/27/2014The food and cocktails here are exceptional. Service was very good, although we've had better here...waitress seemed a little fake. But that's ok. Word of warning: you will pay, and through the nose, for the quality of experience. Lots of dishes overpriced for what they are, but the execution and taste makes you forget all about it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a Doubtfood4meDined on 9/27/2014Steve and Cookies is always consistent. You know you will get a great meal and good service. Plenty and of menu choices and several daily specials are always offered. Everything was prepared as ordered and all expectations were met.Special Features:
- Always the bestMarcNDined on 9/26/2014We had the cold seafood plate, veal, Warner's and lobster mac and cheese. Not one selection disappointed. My 17 year old son wanted to be with his friends this weekend, not his parents. A promise of Steve and Cookies served as a successful bribe. The place was packed, but you could never tell by the staff of professionals who appear completely under control, calm, collected, professional and friendly. We had a drink at the bar with friends as we waited for our table (which was ready at exactly the time of our reservation). There were two musicians playing in one of the 3 incredible bars in this place with unbelievable attention to details, great artwork, a view of the bay and over the top service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencemikesDined on 9/26/2014Enjoyed our meal service was great, the view from the veranda room was a value added.Special Features:
- Reliably good food, polite staff, AdinneroutDined on 9/25/2014The food is always good, and the appetizers are exceptional. Nice variety on the menu, with something to please everyone. The fired shrimp are perhaps the best I've ever had. And the house salad should not be missed. The service was excellent, professional and polite.Special Features:
- seakayiiVIPDined on 9/25/2014This is a very popular, but overrated and over priced restaurant that caters to a high-end crowd. The service is nothing better than good. The our beef brisket was overcooked and dry; the roast duck was not moist or tender. The house salad is excellent. Needed to ask for refills of water. The seasonal blueberry pie with graham cracker crust is the best item available. No need to recommend this restaurant; it has a reputation as a year-round seashore dining hot spot, but we think it is not worth more than a once-a-year dine.Special Features:
- S&C does it again!hmortDined on 9/24/2014We can always count on a great meal when we go to S & C. The Jersey Tomato salad, baked clams, scallops and salmon were all outstanding. They always have new & interesting accompaniments with each entree. The only negative are the chairs in the middle dining room are very uncomfortable but maybe thats so you don't stay too long & allow other diners to sit!Special Features:
- finnappyDined on 9/21/2014Excellent in all, food, service, ambience and drinksSpecial Features:
- Great NightspclteachrDined on 9/20/2014It was our anniversary so my husband made a reservation for dinner. The hostess was very acomadating and gave us a corner seat near the upper bar. Everything was great. They even gave us a dessert on them to celebrate the occasion.Special Features:
- Absolutely a must place to goLOVEBIRDSDined on 9/20/2014When you want to have a quiet and special date with someone I would highly recommend going to Steve and Cookies. From even the beginning when making the reservation it is far above any dinner establishment I have ever been to. A special thank you to Kelly for taking care of us while at Steve and Cookies.Special Features:
- Always goodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Steve and Cookies is amazing for its consistency. Always good food and best bar anywhere. Service to tables is also good despite crowds.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- For special timesBigDaveDined on 9/19/2014We LOVE the restaurant but save it for specials because of the price. The food is fabulous and worth it, but $50 — 60 pp is too high for ordinary every day dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnercacr1120Dined on 9/18/2014We had a wonderful dinner! The food was excellent, as usual, and the wait staff was so nice and attentive. Always a good time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurantFunInTheSunVIPDined on 9/17/2014My favorite restaurant to go on my birthday or anytime for that matter. Everything is Delicious. The tomato salad (seasonal) is one of our favorites. Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day is the best we have ever been to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Past better than presenthappyeaterDined on 9/16/2014We had fond memories from past visits; last perhaps a year ago. My wife had a tomato app that she like a lot except for the frizzled (?) onions, and a steak that was just ok. I had crab & corn chowder that was very good except I expected a white not pink broth; no big deal. My veal chop was good, a little drier than I expected. Deserts were delicious: banana cream pie & margate beach pie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favorite of oursBRB125Dined on 9/14/2014We make it a point to dine at Steve & Cookies whenever we're in South Jersey. The food, service and comfortable dining room is consistently excellent, regardless of crowds. It is one of our favorite restaurants in New JerseySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR SCHEDULINGOVERRATEDDined on 9/13/2014Made a reservation two weeks in advance and then had to wait 45 minutes for our table. Cookie could have cared less. Never even offered a free drink. Should have left. Food not better than elsewhere in that neighborhood. I'm done!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/13/2014One of the best, if not the best, restaurants in south jersey! Excellent service and consistently delicious food makes this a must for any foodie visiting the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never Disappoints!FruitFulVIPDined on 9/13/2014We always look forward to our dinner at Steve and Cookies. The food is fresh, well prepared and not overly fussed with. It is served in a professional manner by efficient servers. The bartenders are well schooled in the art of mixology. Our only issue is that it is usually very crowded with others wanting the same experience. The noise can be distracting when trying to have a conversation, however, the tables are far enough apart to provide some level of privacy. The seafood is especially well executed with the steamed lobster a special treat. Desserts are their crowning glory, with a fresh fruit dessert being the headline. We had a peach pie that was as good as their famous blueberry pie. Yum! Off season, this restaurant is the best!Special Features:
- Very Fresh FoodSouthJerseyPamDined on 9/13/2014Our food was excellently prepared and all ingredients tasted very fresh.Special Features:
- luvfoodbeets4uDined on 9/12/2014Had company from out of town and had to take them to Steve and Cookies cause its really the best. Kept talking about the incredible beet salad and how everything is delicious. Glad I had reservations cause it was packed. That alone speaks volumes that off season all the locals still go there. Everyone was pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS ALWAYS NUM.1 THIS IS STUPIOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014FABULOUS AS ALWAYS AND CONSISTENT AS ALWAY. WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO WRITE A BOOK GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, slooow to getOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014The food quality is always consistent and VERY good. Unfortunately on a Saturday or Friday plan on at least a one hour wait for food after ordering.Special Features:
- Nice dinner after the summer seasonBrooklyngirlVIPDined on 9/11/2014We had not been to Steve & Cookies for a few years. Food was good, service was excellent, an older crowd, live music was nice and not too noisy. I especially liked their "just a taste" for each desert for under $2. Glad to see that it was pretty busy on a Thursday night after Labor Day....always a good sign!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.