Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
9700 Amherst Ave.
Margate, NJ 08402Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.steveandcookies.com/
- Phone: 6098231163x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Kevin Kelly
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Cookie 6098231163x
- Entertainment: Live Jazz 7 nights a week
A word from Steve & Cookie's By the Bay
"Fans attest quality is everything at Cookie Till's legendary Margate New American where well-trained servers offer on-target suggestions from the menu of excellent locally sourced fare and extensive wine list; the mood is upbeat in the multiroom space that's usually packed with an ‘in' crowd, which is why regulars recommend reservations in the summer and on weekends year-round."Continued
Steve & Cookie's is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®
Steve & Cookie's is a 3 Star Certified Green Restaurant®
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay - Best Restaurants in Margate ›
Steve & Cookie's By the Bay reviews from OpenTable diners
464 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (284)fit for foodies (274)neighborhood gem (229)hot spot (202)vibrant bar scene (160)romantic (131)notable wine list (131)good for groups (101)scenic view (95)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (23)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (6)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Waiter awfulOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014Waiter was honestly terrible. Could care less about us and rushed through every sequence. He also could have told us at beginning of meal about ordering desert before restaurant ran out. He never asked us how our food was and he was late giving taking the cc bill. I honestly love the restaurant and ive been there many times but this time was a bad experience. Im also not one to complain and i rarely fill these feedback surveys out at all but this waiter really was terrible. The owners obviously put a lot into this restaurant. This waiter should be somewhere else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbelievable!AlexisBVIPDined on 8/28/2014We've been to Steve and Cookies countless times, however, tonight's meal topped them all. The energy in this place is fabulous. We started with the Hummus platter which was absolutely perfect. My husband ordered the special Chilean Sean Bass and I ordered the Salmon with a chickpea crust. All I can say is "wow". We ordered the blueberry pie and a sampling of desserts. The pie - scrumptious and the sampling of each dessert was truly unbelievable. Each mini dessert had us saying, "OMG". What I love about Steve and Cookies is its consistency. You always know when you go that the service will be terrific and the meal - outstanding. Nothing will ever beat Steve and Cookies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expectations Too HighUESiderVIPDined on 8/28/2014After hearing all the rave review, our expectations were too high. The stuffed flounder could have been a catered dish at a wedding. The rib eye was just okay. The lobster Mac and cheese appetizer was excellent. Service was good. Will try again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, really poor servicekmapDined on 8/28/2014This was our first time to Steve and Cookies in the 10 years my husband and I have been visiting the Jersey shore because it was so difficult in the past to obtain a reservation. Honestly, I was expecting a superb dining experience because of the draw to this restaurant, and this fell short of that mostly due to the service, or lack thereof. My husband is lactose intolerant and although they agreed to bring all dairy items separately so I could enjoy and we could share items, each time a dish was brought out, we had to send it back because the cheese or ice cream was mixed in with the dish. Then we had to wait for the item to come back. Coffee never delivered. I must say, food was very good. For the money, service should be exemplary.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014Loved it! Perfect.location and view. Very pretty.excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobbyBobbyVIPDined on 8/27/2014We asked for seating near a window to see the bay. We instead were seated with my wife facing the street with construction outside. The others tables with guests were yelling over the jazz music. By the time I heard the woman near us saying for the 50th time we are paying the bill it's our treat we had enough. We asked the waitress to move our table sideways so we both had a view of the restaurant interior. Our lobster tails were Delicious! All totaled if you are looking for romantic this is NOT the place! For the loud mouth Nuevo riche it should be there heaven, this place should make up its mind.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful mealFoodie2000VIPDined on 8/27/2014We started out with the Ugly Tomato Salad, named because it uses blue cheese and onion straws atop perfectly red Jersey tomatoes. Excellent as always. The Veal Chop and Chilean Sea Bass entrees were outstanding. And to finish off the meal we shared a slice of Blueberry Pie. Can't wait to go back in the fall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinner at the shore!ExperteaterVIPDined on 8/27/2014There are not a lot of great restaurants at the shore so this was well worth the trip from Ocean city!! 6 of us had delicious dinners. The filets were cooked beautifully, the fried shrimp was crunchy & delicious and the crab cakes were outstanding. I highly recommend the appetizers too. We loved the Caesar salad, the arugula salad and the crispy tuna roll. It was so nice to just have some awesome food that we didn't have to cook! And save room for desserts because they are to die for! Brownie sundae, blueberry pie (special) and the apple & peach cobbler! We rolled out of Steve & Cookies, but it was sooooo worth it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food very NoisyDeegeeVIPDined on 8/26/2014We had a very good dinner as usual. The restsaurant is very noisy and hard to have a conversation with our friends. If you are dining with more than 4 people good luck with that. Other than that you can always count on a good meal here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 42nd anniversarydivotDined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent and our server, Aubrey, was very attentative. They also gave us a complimentary anniversary desert of blueberry pie which was out of this world!Special Features:
- Best of the BestunclemaxDined on 8/26/2014Cookie runs a fabulous restaurant. Everything about this place is 5 stars except the noise level. It's impossible to have a "quiet" conversation at your table. But I will keep going back there. I was there on a Tuesday night and the place was packed and jumping!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food with a lot of noiseSandyDined on 8/26/2014Food was very good, everyone in our party of six was satisfied. The noise level, however, was deafening.Special Features:
- noniDined on 8/26/2014steve & cookies is always great...food, service, patronageSpecial Features:
- Amazing food but b prepared to waitOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/25/2014We love everything about Steve and Cookies except the over half hour wait that we had for our reservation which has happened before. I hate waiting for a reservation, hence the point of having one, but fortunatley the food is so amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Finally got inGfoodieDined on 8/25/2014Have owned a beach house for 5 years, finally got in at 5:30 on a Monday. While the restaurant is nice and the variety is good, the mystique is overrated. It just shouldn't be this hard to get a decent meal, especially if we ever wanted to come on the weekend. I know some locals that can call any night and get in no problem. Why do you need the snob factor? Once there I must say the food is fresh, atmosphere is nice and service is good. I would go back If I could get a reservation within a week but can't plan 2 mos. in advance so I guess we'll appreciate our one visit for what it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could be the meal of the summer!JDlovesfunVIPDined on 8/23/2014This summer has been full of memorable meals (including others at Steve and Cookies) This particular night, everything was over the top great. Our waiter Hector was very knowledgeable about the menu and cocktails. The service and refills were perfectly timed. Everyone was very happy with their meals and appetizers. I happened to get the roasted seafood special- so fresh lobster, shrimp, scallops and crab. All plates (veal, filet, another seafood, duck,crab imperial) were cleaned. Desserts were shared. Of course we asked in advance for the blueberry pie, and the dessert picker, our 25 year old birthday girl was happy with her chocolate peanut butter pie with her name and greeting on the plate, compliments of Cookie. A happy familySpecial Features:
- Fast pacedouttoeatDined on 8/23/2014Food was good not outstanding for the price . Service was not very personal and moved to fast as soon as we sat down needed to order and notice of an introduction to the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum yum yumDebbVIPDined on 8/22/2014The food excels Only negative is the least expensive wine by bottle is $38.00 and it's a poor oneSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessicaDined on 8/22/2014Most say best on the island and I've eaten here many times but it's VERY expensive and usually I walk away not that satisfied. Gets more talk than its worth.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Shore RestaurantNorthNJVacationerDined on 8/21/2014Steve and Cookies is one of the best restaurants I've been to at the Jersey shore. The appetizers are unique, there was good variety in the main dishes and just when I thought it couldn't get any better, the deserts were outstanding. I had a signature dish, and the fish was fresh and served with perfect garnishments. The setting is also beautiful and there's a lot of room. Steve and Cookies has several bar areas but they don't interfere with the dining experience, and they're a great place to relax prior to your reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great mealRichDined on 8/21/2014Had another nice experience at Steve & Cookies. Very crowded and had to wait 15 minutes for our table, but the food was again excellent and fairly priced. As usual, Cookie was there to oversee it all and stopped by our table to ask how everything was -- and it seemed genuine and sincere. Everything our table had was good -- the potato soup, the house salad, the fired shrimp, the stuffed pork chops, and the meat loaf. This is a regular stop for us, because the food is always good and it's a good experience overall. Definitely worth the money.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a joy.BeanerDined on 8/21/2014An enjoyable time, as always. Great food, service and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent.BarneyDined on 8/21/2014Excellent in every way. Excellent food and excellent service and excellent ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedmikesDined on 8/21/2014I made this reservation two weeks before 8/21 and stated it was a special occasion We were seated at was at the very end of the bar staring at the wall.The chairs were on the floor and fireplace area so they were uneven.When we asked the waiter to move the table slightly so the chairs would be flush he stated he couldn't because the server couldn't get between the table next to us. Throughout our hour and a half meal the server of the other table didn't once attempt to serve or clear the table next to us which leaves me to believe our server just didn't want to take the extra step to assure us a great experience.In the future i I will request a table with a view of something other than the wall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of the best restaurantsgreatgatsbyDined on 8/21/2014I can eat there every night. The veal is by far the best I have every had. JerrySpecial Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/21/2014The food is consistently the best. Tomato salad and blueberry pie are a must. Service is always very efficient.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best restaurant!NanbobDined on 8/19/2014The food was amazing and the service outstanding! We found this restaurant when we googled "10 best restaurants in Atlantic City" and Steve and Cookies lived up to that and more! The atmosphere was so inviting and we would recommend this restaurant to anyone going to the AC area! It was absolutely fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NeceVIPDined on 8/19/2014Always a fine dining experience at Steve and Cookies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Favorite restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Steve & Cookies is our favorite restaurant at the shore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/18/2014Food was delicious. Exceptional Ugly Jersey Tomato Salad and fresh blueberry pie. Wait staff friendly and well trainedSpecial Features:
- RuthieVIPDined on 8/18/2014Always consistent and excellent. Delicious and freshSpecial Features:
- MalaVIPDined on 8/18/2014Besides the food being great, the service was good and they are so nice. My husband forgot his hat there and they offered to send it back to us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- maggiVIPDined on 8/17/2014this was a major improvement over the last visit the waitresswas outstanding and the food was very good this timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Din and dinnerSamZDined on 8/17/2014This is a great place for those who feel noisy means exciting. Fod was excellent and the service good but I would not return because the din made talking into yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Service at the ShorehighriderDined on 8/17/2014Steve and Cookie's is a reliable fine-food, year-round restaurant at the shore. 10-minutes from Ocean City. Jazz music many nights. Parking lot in rear. Solid menu and a chef willing to customize off-menu selections. Good wine list. I love this place.Special Features:
- 2nd time hereroblessolDined on 8/16/2014and just as awesome the 2nd time as the first. We love it. Lots of great food for the price. Beet salad is awesome, blueberry pie is amazing. Fish and shellfish entrees were fantastic. A great spot.Special Features:
- ConsistentDanBVIPDined on 8/15/2014We learned from past visits what to order each time we dine. The ugly tomato salad is always excellent. The salad is enough to split three ways if you want to start light. The cold seafood plate, crab cake, and crab pasta never fail to please. End the meal with an order of blueberry pie and your good to go.
- KKKarnDined on 8/14/2014We were seated at the time of our reservation. Arrived early to have a drink at the bar before dinner. Had to wait due to crowded bar with only one bartender. However, once we sat down for dinner, everything was great. Excellent service and excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/14/2014Have been coming here for several years when we visit the shore area. Food quality and presentation is consistently good, as is the service. The hostess was especially accommodating when I asked to add a 5th person to our reservation for four. (Note: It was not as easy as I mistakenly thought it would be; kudos to her.) Steve & Cookie's tends to attract people who are celebrating or are just very energetic people, as the noise volume is the only thing that detracts from the restaurant.Special Features:
- DeliciousMAMLDined on 8/14/2014I had the beet and arugala salad with goat cheese and pistachios, divine, and the broiled south african lobster tail, also divine! I was sorry I didn't have room for the peach pie.Special Features: