Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stetsonschicago.com/
- Phone: (312) 239-4491
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Daily 5pm-10pm
Main Dining Room: Daily 5pm -10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Lang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For private dining in our wine room, please contact Pete Karczewski at 312-239-4491.
A word from Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi
An elegant Chicago-style steakhouse featuring Chicago 250 beef, locally sourced seafood and sushi. Dine in an intimate atmosphere showcasing a dramatic exhibition cooking area and complement your entree by indulging in a tantalizing Wine Spectator award-winning wine list and signature dessert selection. Complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (21)romantic (13)fit for foodies (12)good for groups (12)notable wine list (9)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (2)vibrant bar scene (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent restaurantshor3dinnerVIPDined on 11/14/2014I stay at Hyatt for 2 days with my family. Stetsons is located inside the Hyatt hotel. On Friday we booked a table for dinner. Excellent food, services and ambiance. Sushi - super! duck - super! we had white wine (california) and at the end desert. The desert is a real desert, I mean big portions. Overall I did give 5 stars to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- At the Hyatt Regency ChicagoRosebudVIPDined on 11/8/2014I don't always consider the restaurants at hotels to be great but Stetsons certainly is the exception to my viewpoint. Beautiful deco, great service and the food was delicious. The size of the steaks were enormous even the Filet Mignone was 8 oz. portion size isn't a problem when you can bring home a doggy bag but when you are traveling that isn't and option. I wish they had offered smaller portions. The choice of side vegetables was interesting....I did the Brussels sprouts, bacon and carrots - fabulous!Special Features:
- Expensive and just OK.HTP2Dined on 11/6/2014Expected more than typical hotel dining but were disappointed. Salmon was overcooked. Waitstaff was intrusive. Good steak but that is no special accomplishment.Special Features:
- First nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Great food, great service, reasonable prices. Only issue; was hard to find even for the taxi driver.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jcooperDined on 10/31/2014Overall an amazing experience! We will definitely go there again when we are in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Beautiful restaurant, attentive service, great presentation. Steaks served just as ordered. Nice wine list. Very good overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect anniversary mealsmcpDined on 10/25/2014My husband and I had our 1 year anniversary dinner here. The service and food was impeccable. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingDukeDined on 10/17/2014My first time at Stetson's. I am a big fan of Gibsons but this was even better. I had a New York Strip that was cooked to perfection. Great service. Pricey as expected, but well worth it.Special Features:
- NiceRichoDined on 10/13/2014Was nice but would have liked a bit more sophistication with menus. I prefer to get the chefs intent with dishes and you don't get that with a la carte menus. The staff was great and very attentive. Food was well seasoned and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFranVIPDined on 10/12/2014Spectacular restaurant hidden in the Hyatt hotel. Great service, food & ambience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not GreatTugboatDined on 10/11/2014This was a nice, upscale steak house that actually had really good sushi. The sushi might be the best part and I could see myself coming back just for the sushi bar. The steak was good, but not great. The sides were also good but not great. At these prices, I expect great. The worst part of the experience was the service: it was polite but very slow. I don't know if it was just our waiter, but there were a lot of tables that just had no food on them. We waited a long time for our drinks then a long time for our appetizers. We weren't in a hurry, but we were hungry. They need to get things out faster.
- ParTD0063Dined on 10/8/2014The food, prices and ambiance were fine. Nothing stands out in the crowd of restaurants available in Chicago. As far as the a gem within a hotel, this also does not stand out but is fine. The chef's special sushi was the most boring collection pieces. Not to put the place down, there simply was nothing outstanding. The service was less than par, aside from the sommelier.Special Features:
- Had a great timeKshaw71Dined on 9/27/2014My husband and I had a great time. We ended up eating in the bar area because the bartender Deb was so much fun. We were treated great and laughed the entire night.Special Features:
- Visiting from CaliforniaMillisredDined on 8/18/2014Great dinner after a long day of sight seeing...so nice to eat and enjoy great wine and jump on the elevator to our roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 4, 2014JoyceDined on 8/4/2014Very attentive and friendly staff. Manager came twice to make sure all was perfect. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 426 reviews are from the Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi reviews archive.
- Great meat place!ElCorleoneDined on 7/28/2014We had a short run and a wagyu, both excellent. Good wine recommendation, attentive service, a tiny bit casual but not too much. Had a very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for hotel guests onlylocalchicagpeater16VIPDined on 7/26/2014Made a last minute reservation. So very few options. The food was very average and the steak was very bland. It was served on a black plate...horrible and not appetizing to look at on this plate. Service also very poor. We saw our server set up a table next to us and he dropped a knife on the ground he then picked it up and put it on the table. Unfortunately we are not into making a scene and telling the manager.....but for the amount of money that we payed we probably should have. one last complaint nail in the coffin...expensive to park. charged us 45 for 2 hrs and restaurant only gives 10 dollar discount. If the they want to attract customers in the city this discount should be 50 % at least. Will never recommend this place.Special Features:
- Exquisite FindFood2GoodDined on 7/21/2014This was our second time to Stetson's and it was just a tasteful as it was on our first time here. The recommendations of food to go with our drinks, and the overall attention to detail for the reason for our visit was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!diningfanDined on 7/7/2014Expensive but great place to eat! Although we went as a family, I categorize this restaurant as a place for a special date night. Most of the side dishes can be shared. The service alone will make you want to come back. Everyone was really nice and courteous. It was our first time at the restaurant but definitely know we will come back again.Special Features:
- Great steakskrillerDined on 7/6/2014The steaks was great and really nice and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory!BossyDined on 6/30/2014The lobster bisque was my favorite! I also had the short rib flat bread, cap steak, and molten cake. Everything I ate was delicious. The best Strawberry Saketini in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our Kids AnniversaryKnit1purl2Dined on 6/27/2014Four of us dined , two having FLat Iron Steak. Ordered medium and medium rare. unfortunately they continued to cook to well done on the sizzling platter they were served on. We did receive two complimentary desserts that were yummy. The Sushi roll I had was to fishy tasting, but the tuna was excellent. I thought my Rib eye steak was over priced for the amount of fat and grizzle in it. On a good note, I had the best Cosmo ever.Special Features:
- SueSDined on 6/23/2014The Chilean Sea Bass melted in my mouth. Fantastic food all around! Anthony was not our server, but kept coming by to check on us, as they were not that busy. He was so friendly! I would ask for him next time I go, which hopefully will be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service - noisy kitchenTimADined on 5/31/2014About two thirds of the restaurant is next to a busy open kitchen - why in theory should make a nice atmosphere. However the kitchen extractor fans are so loud (we were on the opposite side) that it was all that could be heard. It's a shame as the food was pretty good and we had lovely service.Special Features:
- Great for a special dinnerjoleneDined on 5/20/2014I treated myself to dinner at Stetson's the last night I was in Chicago for a conference. The food was delicious, though one thing that I though was odd was that you couldn't order oysters by variety - they served generic "Atlantic" oysters. A shame, really, because there is a huge difference in how different oysters tastes. The ones served were good, if a little generic tasting. The 312 combo was excellent!Special Features:
- disaapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014food was OK, but for the price expected a lot more. Service was very poor....continuously forgot who ordered what food, was very slow to take drink orders. I will not be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/16/2014Consistently fresh and delicious sushi. Among the best we have had in Chicago.Special Features:
- The bestLovelyprDined on 5/11/2014All around a great place. Good drinks,food, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicesgodina6Dined on 5/10/2014The staff at Stetsons were wonderful. Very customer service orientedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average steak, nice atmospheremmkchicagoVIPDined on 5/10/2014I am a bit disappointed in Stetson's. While looking at their menu online, they supposedly serve prime beef. However, when we arrived at the restaurant and got our menus, there was nothing about "prime" on their menus and their steaks were more expensive than the online menu stated. When we got our steaks, they were not prime, yet we paid a price comparative to a prime steak elsewhere in the city. I had the filet, which was pretty good. My husband had the ribeye and as he put it, he could have gotten it at ponderosa. It's unfortunate because we really liked the vibe in there...much different than a typical Chicago steakhouse. Our server was very nice as well. We won't be back though because of the food.
- Different type of SteakhouseMela526VIPDined on 5/10/2014Stetsons is not your typical Chicago steakhouse. It's not the manly dark wood but a beautiful, sleek steakhouse with a beautiful sushi bar. It is small and intimate with great food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014This restaurant was way overpriced. It should have been half of what we were charged.
- Nice try but...TSheldonDined on 5/3/2014They did put some effort into the venue but it just doesn't work for me. The service we got was great, and the food was okay.
- Great service and food for allDavidVIPDined on 5/2/2014If you want sushi and some in your party are not keen, then this place rocks as it is a steak house as well. Sushi was good, steaks even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing meal and servicemamalucciDined on 5/1/2014We had an amazing anniversary dinner at Stetson's! Anthony was the best server, he was so genuine and was very accomodating to make our dining experience special. He was always around when needed and let us enjoy our experience otherwise. The food is incredible, probably the best steaks that we have had, and we have had several great dining experiences around the world. Very tasty drink - strawberry and vodka, yum. All of the staff were very friendly and the food cooked to perfection. We even took our leftover steak and gave it to a homeless person on our evening stroll. Thank you to all!Special Features:
- best steak for yearsdannyDined on 4/29/2014Went wih a travelzoo deal... great service. . Wine and food were superb.. deffo one to return to if in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved StetsonssmoochesVIPDined on 4/26/2014After having a bad steak at the last steakhouse I dined at (Mastros) I was pleased with Stetsons. The ribeye was amazing. So were the whipped potatoes, cocktails, and service. I would def. return. I like the open kitchen concept and being able to see the chefs cooking. Wait staff was great, very attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very pricey!PriceyDined on 4/26/2014We went to Stetson because we had a coupon. The food was very, very good. Our service was impeccable but would most likely not be able to return without some sort do $$ off deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutNightoutDined on 4/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner our service was great and our steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eats!AmnalsDined on 4/19/2014This place was awesome. The food was super good and the servers were super nice. Medium rare steak was definitely on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.