Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi
151 East Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
SteakPrice: $31 to $50
Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://stetsonschicago.com/
- Phone: 3122394491x
- Hours of Operation:
Lounge: Daily 5pm-10pm
Main Dining Room: Daily 5pm -10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Robert Lang
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: For private dining in our wine room, please contact Amanda Cherwonka at 312-239-4710.
A word from Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi
An elegant Chicago-style steakhouse featuring Chicago 250 beef, locally sourced seafood and sushi. Dine in an intimate atmosphere showcasing a dramatic exhibition cooking area and complement your entree by indulging in a tantalizing Wine Spectator award-winning wine list and signature dessert selection. Complimentary valet parking.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (16)notable wine list (11)romantic (8)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (4)late-night find (4)neighborhood gem (3)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)vibrant bar scene (2)scenic view (1)hot spot (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Visiting from CaliforniaMillisredDined on 8/18/2014Great dinner after a long day of sight seeing...so nice to eat and enjoy great wine and jump on the elevator to our roomSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- August 4, 2014JoyceDined on 8/4/2014Very attentive and friendly staff. Manager came twice to make sure all was perfect. Excellent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meat place!ElCorleoneDined on 7/28/2014We had a short run and a wagyu, both excellent. Good wine recommendation, attentive service, a tiny bit casual but not too much. Had a very enjoyable dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good for hotel guests onlylocalchicagpeater16VIPDined on 7/26/2014Made a last minute reservation. So very few options. The food was very average and the steak was very bland. It was served on a black plate...horrible and not appetizing to look at on this plate. Service also very poor. We saw our server set up a table next to us and he dropped a knife on the ground he then picked it up and put it on the table. Unfortunately we are not into making a scene and telling the manager.....but for the amount of money that we payed we probably should have. one last complaint nail in the coffin...expensive to park. charged us 45 for 2 hrs and restaurant only gives 10 dollar discount. If the they want to attract customers in the city this discount should be 50 % at least. Will never recommend this place.Special Features:
- Exquisite FindFood2GoodDined on 7/21/2014This was our second time to Stetson's and it was just a tasteful as it was on our first time here. The recommendations of food to go with our drinks, and the overall attention to detail for the reason for our visit was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!diningfanDined on 7/7/2014Expensive but great place to eat! Although we went as a family, I categorize this restaurant as a place for a special date night. Most of the side dishes can be shared. The service alone will make you want to come back. Everyone was really nice and courteous. It was our first time at the restaurant but definitely know we will come back again.Special Features:
- Great steakskrillerDined on 7/6/2014The steaks was great and really nice and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Savory!BossyDined on 6/30/2014The lobster bisque was my favorite! I also had the short rib flat bread, cap steak, and molten cake. Everything I ate was delicious. The best Strawberry Saketini in town!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating our Kids AnniversaryKnit1purl2Dined on 6/27/2014Four of us dined , two having FLat Iron Steak. Ordered medium and medium rare. unfortunately they continued to cook to well done on the sizzling platter they were served on. We did receive two complimentary desserts that were yummy. The Sushi roll I had was to fishy tasting, but the tuna was excellent. I thought my Rib eye steak was over priced for the amount of fat and grizzle in it. On a good note, I had the best Cosmo ever.Special Features:
- SueSDined on 6/23/2014The Chilean Sea Bass melted in my mouth. Fantastic food all around! Anthony was not our server, but kept coming by to check on us, as they were not that busy. He was so friendly! I would ask for him next time I go, which hopefully will be soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food & service - noisy kitchenTimADined on 5/31/2014About two thirds of the restaurant is next to a busy open kitchen - why in theory should make a nice atmosphere. However the kitchen extractor fans are so loud (we were on the opposite side) that it was all that could be heard. It's a shame as the food was pretty good and we had lovely service.Special Features:
- The following 417 reviews are from the Stetsons Modern Steak + Sushi reviews archive.
- Great for a special dinnerjoleneDined on 5/20/2014I treated myself to dinner at Stetson's the last night I was in Chicago for a conference. The food was delicious, though one thing that I though was odd was that you couldn't order oysters by variety - they served generic "Atlantic" oysters. A shame, really, because there is a huge difference in how different oysters tastes. The ones served were good, if a little generic tasting. The 312 combo was excellent!Special Features:
- disaapointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014food was OK, but for the price expected a lot more. Service was very poor....continuously forgot who ordered what food, was very slow to take drink orders. I will not be backSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/16/2014Consistently fresh and delicious sushi. Among the best we have had in Chicago.Special Features:
- The bestLovelyprDined on 5/11/2014All around a great place. Good drinks,food, service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Servicesgodina6Dined on 5/10/2014The staff at Stetsons were wonderful. Very customer service orientedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Average steak, nice atmospheremmkchicagoVIPDined on 5/10/2014I am a bit disappointed in Stetson's. While looking at their menu online, they supposedly serve prime beef. However, when we arrived at the restaurant and got our menus, there was nothing about "prime" on their menus and their steaks were more expensive than the online menu stated. When we got our steaks, they were not prime, yet we paid a price comparative to a prime steak elsewhere in the city. I had the filet, which was pretty good. My husband had the ribeye and as he put it, he could have gotten it at ponderosa. It's unfortunate because we really liked the vibe in there...much different than a typical Chicago steakhouse. Our server was very nice as well. We won't be back though because of the food.
- Different type of SteakhouseMela526VIPDined on 5/10/2014Stetsons is not your typical Chicago steakhouse. It's not the manly dark wood but a beautiful, sleek steakhouse with a beautiful sushi bar. It is small and intimate with great food and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/4/2014This restaurant was way overpriced. It should have been half of what we were charged.
- Nice try but...TSheldonDined on 5/3/2014They did put some effort into the venue but it just doesn't work for me. The service we got was great, and the food was okay.
- Great service and food for allDavidVIPDined on 5/2/2014If you want sushi and some in your party are not keen, then this place rocks as it is a steak house as well. Sushi was good, steaks even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazing meal and servicemamalucciDined on 5/1/2014We had an amazing anniversary dinner at Stetson's! Anthony was the best server, he was so genuine and was very accomodating to make our dining experience special. He was always around when needed and let us enjoy our experience otherwise. The food is incredible, probably the best steaks that we have had, and we have had several great dining experiences around the world. Very tasty drink - strawberry and vodka, yum. All of the staff were very friendly and the food cooked to perfection. We even took our leftover steak and gave it to a homeless person on our evening stroll. Thank you to all!Special Features:
- best steak for yearsdannyDined on 4/29/2014Went wih a travelzoo deal... great service. . Wine and food were superb.. deffo one to return to if in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved StetsonssmoochesVIPDined on 4/26/2014After having a bad steak at the last steakhouse I dined at (Mastros) I was pleased with Stetsons. The ribeye was amazing. So were the whipped potatoes, cocktails, and service. I would def. return. I like the open kitchen concept and being able to see the chefs cooking. Wait staff was great, very attentive and friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but very pricey!PriceyDined on 4/26/2014We went to Stetson because we had a coupon. The food was very, very good. Our service was impeccable but would most likely not be able to return without some sort do $$ off deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night OutNightoutDined on 4/24/2014Had a wonderful dinner our service was great and our steaks were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eats!AmnalsDined on 4/19/2014This place was awesome. The food was super good and the servers were super nice. Medium rare steak was definitely on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014My friends and I had a girls night out. the dining experience was awesome! the minute we showed up at the Valet we were treated great, the food was outstanding and our server Jose treated us like queens. He was very attentive. He made sure to check with us to make sure we were enjoying our dining experience. I will definitely be returning for dinner again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steakds11Dined on 3/29/2014I had the ribeye, medium rare, and it was very good, but quite rare. It was a wonderful blend of flavor and tenderness, that makes for an outstanding steak, and so being slightly undercooked was not a detraction at all. However, my girlfriend had the 12 oz. filet mignon, also ordered medium rare, but it was quite severely undercooked. Most of the meat was still raw, and not edible. However, the mussel pot appetizer, tuna tartar, and the roasted asparagus were all outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks were incredible. SushiTysmomDined on 3/29/2014Steaks were incredible. Sushi was very good. I strongly reccomend the octopus for an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DinnerMargo57VIPDined on 3/29/2014Had a wonderful birthday dinner here. Service was outstanding! Waiter was help. We weren't rushed to order or to eat. Food was outstanding. Had the best sea bass ever. Parking was the only problem. Had to wait about twenty minutes to retrieve our car? Did put a damper on an otherwise perfect celebration!Special Features:
- Great night outNiteoutDined on 3/28/2014We had such a great experience. The steaks were big in size and flavor- cooked to perfection. Our server, Anthony, was helpful and gave great suggestions. He also treated us to dessert on the house. Perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that impressedjkgarDined on 3/28/2014It was awkward the wine/beer list was on an iPad. I much prefer the tradition book of listings. It took more time going back and forth between the different selections. Much easier to flip a page. When our waiter approached our table, there was no Hello my name is..., Tonight's special is..., Have you dined with us before? Only "Yes Please" with a pad of paper in his hand. We were taken aback by this and were like, oh okay - I guess we'll order. When he approached our table again to take our entrée order - I specifically asked for his name. It was at that time he perked up and became more friendly. Our food tasted good, not a very long wait time. However, bit overpriced. We dine at Shaw's, Gibson's etcSpecial Features:
- Excellent stem to sternMLynnDined on 3/26/2014A group of us were in town for business and often eating in the hotel is deadly. Not so in this case. I am writing this review several weeks after we ate there, but I can say that to the person we were extremely pleased with the foods and service. Will definitely plan on eating these next time this same group gathers, which does occur at least annually. A great place to eat.Special Features:
- Live in the burbs, go intoOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/23/2014Live in the burbs, go into the city about 10 times/year. Came in this past weekend to see a show and had purchased a Travelzoo prix fix coupon for Stetsons. (We do this quite often so that we can try restaurants we might not otherwise try.) This was, by far, the best meal with the best service we have ever had. Hussain, our server, could not have been more attentive and his suggestions were "right on". When you eat out often, the food often becomes "common" -- I don't want to say boring, but everything about what we had was different. The appetizer was served with some freshly made cheesy crackers (the blue crab dip); we ordered (optional) sauces with our steaks, but they were not necessary--steaks were wonderfully seasoned on their own.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidSurgchfDined on 3/21/2014Had a group of ten-prompt service, well prepared food, steak house ambiance and not to noisySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was our first all girl'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/14/2014This was our first all girl's weekend with my three daughters and the dining experience was absolutely perfect! The service and food was superb!Special Features:
- Great Steakhouse experienceMela526VIPDined on 3/12/2014It is not your typical "manly" steakhouse but a modern, refind one. It is beautiful and I can say it was the best service of any place I have ever been. Our waitress has been there(she said) for 34 years and I have never experienced the service she gave us. I definately say give it a try and you will not be sorry you did. Not cheap, but well worth the visit!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BirthdaybdaydinnerDined on 3/8/2014A group of us came to celebrate my husband's birthday. The flat bread and mussels for our appetizers, was amazing. The dinner rolls were weird. We didn't like the eggy taste and texture. For dinner we have ribeyes and lamb chops. The lamb was outstanding. The ribeyes were good, but some were a bit fatty and one looked like a strip steak. The drinks were really good! The service was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Winter warmth.rdguestDined on 3/2/2014This fabulous steakhouse was selected initially for it's proximity. Future visits will be because it is now in the proximity of the TOP of our list. This modern restaurant and bar is warm and inviting. Top notch bar service, prompt dining service, inviting kitchen viewing and excellent preparations. The food was wonderful!!! Highly recommend, try it and enjoy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.